- Report: Idaho reaches highest recorded deaths Updated: May-29-15 5:29 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho saw the highest number of deaths in 2013 throughout the state since record-keeping began, with cancer barely squeezing out heart disease as the No. 1 cause of death, according to the state Department of Health and Welfare.
- Otter appoints new state Department of Insurance chief Updated: May-29-15 5:14 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has appointed state Sen. Dean Cameron of Rupert to oversee the Idaho Department of Insurance.
- Appellate court: Idaho's abortion rules are unconstitutional Updated: May-29-15 3:27 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals says Idaho's laws restricting abortions after 20 weeks and requiring all second-trimester abortions to take place in a hospital are unconstitutional.
- Ketchum searches for location for potential erotica shops Updated: May-29-15 12:17 pm
KETCHUM, Idaho - As Ketchum rewrites its zoning code, city officials are debating how to deal with potential adult-only businesses like erotic video stores.
- Bear cub recovers from severe burns, will return to wild Updated: May-29-15 10:47 am
BOISE, Idaho - The black bear cub injured in a Washington wildfire last year is finally going home.
- Scientists say all of Idaho in a drought Updated: May-29-15 5:10 am
BOISE, Idaho - According to a United States Drought Monitor report, all of Idaho is now in a drought.
- Online ad offers Post Falls High School for only $2,015 Updated: May-29-15 5:07 am
POST FALLS, Idaho - Those looking online for Idaho real estate may have seen a sweet deal over the past few days, as some pranksters offered Post Falls High School for only $2,015.
- Groups seek public comment on Clearwater Paper permit Updated: May-29-15 5:05 am
LEWISTON, Idaho - The Idaho Conservation league, the Nez Perce Tribe and an Asotin resident are seeking a public comment period for an air quality permit for Clearwater Paper in Lewiston.
- Man pleads guilty to bank robberies in Idaho, Utah Updated: May-29-15 5:04 am
POCATELLO, Idaho - A Chubbuck man has pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to bank robberies in Idaho and Utah.
- Nampa, Idaho, police: Fleeing man runs into stranger's home Updated: May-29-15 1:28 am
NAMPA, Idaho - Police in the southwest Idaho community of Nampa say they were pursuing a man sought on a state Corrections Department parole violation warrant Thursday night when the man ran into a stranger's home.
- Idaho Capitol to undergo accessibility compliance overhaul Updated: May-28-15 2:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho taxpayers will pay nearly $400,000 to bring the state's recently renovated Capitol into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- New vote may be held in contested school board election Updated: May-28-15 10:11 am
NAMPA, Idaho - A district judge is deciding whether a new election is needed for the Caldwell School Board's Zone 2 seat at the request of one of the candidates.
- SkyWest flight diverts to Boise for medical emergency Updated: May-27-15 10:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A SkyWest Airlines spokeswoman says a flight from Eugene, Oregon, to Denver that diverted to Boise, Idaho, because of a medical emergency couldn't resume its journey because the plane required an inspection.
- Otter signs executive order for state's sage grouse plan Updated: May-27-15 6:07 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has signed an executive order requiring state executive agencies to adopt Idaho's Sage-Grouse Management Plan.
- BASE jumpers pushed to remote, no-rules sites Updated: May-27-15 4:08 pm
BOISE, Idaho - BASE jumpers, by nature, just want to be free.
- Democratic lawmakers say Idaho should ditch private prisons Updated: May-27-15 1:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Two Democratic state lawmakers want Idaho to sever all ties with private prison companies, and say they'll vigorously pursue legislation on the issue next year.
- Dead ostrich, pig found in SW Idaho conservation area Updated: May-27-15 11:34 am
NAMPA, Idaho - Federal authorities are leading an investigating in southwest Idaho after the bodies of an ostrich, a pig and three coyotes were found in the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area.
- Former clerk pleads guilty for handling of recall petition Updated: May-27-15 10:45 am
SANDPOINT, Idaho - A former clerk in northern Idaho is getting probation and community service as part of her guilty plea on charges that she mistakenly stated enough signatures were collected for a school official's recall.
- Labrador named chairman on Rand Paul's presidential campaign Updated: May-27-15 7:05 am
- Ada County GOP offers choices to replace county sheriff Updated: May-27-15 5:07 am
BOISE, Idaho - The Ada County Republican Central Committee has selected its first and second choices to replace Sheriff Gary Raney who is resigning at the end of June.
- Idaho log truck driver dies in crash Updated: May-26-15 11:07 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Idaho State Police say a 49-year-old Lewiston man has died after the truck and log trailer he was driving crashed on State Highway 6 in north Idaho.
- Physicist's Nobel Prize up for auction; $325,000 minimum bid Updated: May-26-15 6:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A retired experimental physicist has put up his 1988 Nobel Prize for auction, and the minimum bid is $325,000.
- Woman held down husband in Vegas hatchet attack, police say Updated: May-26-15 4:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - An Idaho woman who was having an affair orchestrated a gruesome Las Vegas hatchet attack that left her husband dead with his head nearly severed while they were on a family trip on Memorial Day, police said.
- Idaho Democratic Party chairman announces resignation Updated: May-26-15 2:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Democratic Party Chairman Larry Kenck will resign from his position overseeing the state's minority political party as of May 29.
- Search on for Utah man after boat overturns in Idaho river Updated: May-25-15 5:46 pm
RIRIE, Idaho - Eastern Idaho authorities on Monday searched for the body of a 38-year-old Utah man who was one of four people in a fishing boat that overturned in the Snake River.