- Poeltl scores 19 to lead Utah to 102-72 win over Idaho State Updated: Nov-27-15 11:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Idaho State knew it had a significant challenge in Jakob Poeltl, without a single player on its roster that could match the 7-foot center's all-around game. The Austrian center knew it, too.
- Crabapple trees to be removed from front of Boise Art Museum Updated: Nov-27-15 2:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Boise Art Museum says seven crabapple trees obscuring the scene in front of the museum's facade and inhibiting outdoor seating and art placement must be removed.
- Officials seek information after eastern Idaho elk poached Updated: Nov-27-15 2:20 pm
REXBURG, Idaho - State officials say they're trying to find out who illegally shot and killed a cow elk in eastern Idaho.
- Feds extend comment period on plan to close areas to mining Updated: Nov-27-15 12:08 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has extended the public comment period on the agency's plan to withdraw 10 million acres of public lands in six western states from potential mineral extraction to protect habitat for the greater sage grouse.
- Southwest Idaho a wildfire restoration lab for land managers Updated: Nov-27-15 11:27 am
MARSING, Idaho - Even before the smoke cleared last summer, scientists and resource specialists spread out across the blackened range of the Owyhee Mountains to assess the damage of the Soda Fire.
- Contractor prepares to demolish Idaho Falls historic reactor Updated: Nov-27-15 10:52 am
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A cleanup contractor is preparing to demolish a 1960s-era nuclear reactor west of Idaho Falls.
- Idaho school district discovers bond is $15 million short Updated: Nov-26-15 4:13 pm
BURLEY, Idaho - Underestimated costs mean a $37 million construction bond approved by voters last spring is $15 million below the amount needed, Cassia County School District officials said.
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge Updated: Nov-26-15 3:39 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Azura Stevens scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead No. 15 Duke over Idaho 74-68 on Thursday at the Cancun Challenge.
- Otter: State fees waived in wildfire rebuilding efforts Updated: Nov-26-15 3:28 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter says he's waiving inspection fees for state electrical, plumbing and HVAC permits for buildings damaged by wildfires in northern Idaho.
- Idaho court rejects Pennsylvania man's gun rights request Updated: Nov-26-15 2:43 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court has rejected a Pennsylvania man's attempt to have his gun rights restored under Idaho law.
- Attorney: Suspect in woman's death not competent for trial Updated: Nov-26-15 2:04 pm
NAMPA, Idaho - A defense attorney for a 24-year-old woman accused of beating her roommate to death with a metal pipe says his client is not mentally competent to go to trial.
- Engesser scores 25; Denver beats Idaho State 79-69 Updated: Nov-25-15 8:31 pm
DENVER - Nate Engesser made five 3-pointers and scored 25 points to help Denver beat Idaho State 79-69 Wednesday for the Pioneers' fourth straight victory.
- Samford beats Idaho 75-58 to win Mean Green Showcase Updated: Nov-25-15 5:52 pm
DENTON, Texas - Christen Cunningham scored 26 points, Darius Jones-Gibson added 21 and Samford beat Idaho 75-58 on Wednesday in the championship game of the Mean Green Showcase.
- Firefighter died from heart attack after training exercise Updated: Nov-25-15 3:52 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A wildland firefighter who died after a summer training run had a heart attack, although he had passed written and physical medical tests earlier this year, according to federal officials.
- Teen arraigned on felony charges in stepmother's death Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
BURLEY, Idaho - A trial has been set for an Idaho teenager charged with felony accessory to murder and concealing or destroying evidence in the death of his stepmother.
- Post Falls high school closes after mercury spill Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 pm
POST FALLS, Idaho - A Catholic school and church and school in Post Falls have closed so a hazmat team can clean up mercury that was spilled in the school's science lab.
- Get in shape in preparation for ski season Updated: Nov-25-15 2:00 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - When the snow starts falling, people think of tuning up their skis or snowboard. You might check out your boots and bindings to make sure everything works right for the coming season.
- Child killed, 3 siblings and mom injured in head-on crash Updated: Nov-25-15 12:32 pm
FORT HALL, Idaho - Idaho State Police say a 7-year-old girl died and her three siblings and mother were injured after a tractor-trailer blew a tire and crossed into oncoming traffic on Interstate 15 in southeast Idaho.
- Ex-elk ranch employee charged with stealing elk semen Updated: Nov-25-15 9:35 am
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A former employee of a Twin Falls elk ranch has been accused of stealing elk semen and artificially inseminating elk at another ranch.
- Sanders scores 15, Idaho holds off Troy 69-63 Updated: Nov-24-15 8:27 pm
DENTON, Texas - Victor Sanders made four 3-pointers and scored 15 points, Perrion Callandret added 13 points and Idaho beat Troy 69-63 on Tuesday night in the Mean Green Showcase.
- Idaho officials OK implementation of sage grouse plan Updated: Nov-24-15 7:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho officials on Tuesday approved implementing the state's plan to protect habitat for greater sage grouse on endowment lands, despite frustration with federal land managers.
- Small town in Idaho elects first full Latino city council Updated: Nov-24-15 6:03 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A small town in rural Idaho broke political barriers earlier this month by electing its first fully Latino city council after voters chose to replace more than half of its local leaders in the November election.
- Idaho officials approve payment in same-sex marriage case Updated: Nov-24-15 5:22 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Board of Examiners has approved spending about $34,500 from the state's Constitutional Defense Fund to pay attorney fees and court costs involving the state's losing legal battle over a ban on same-sex marriage.
- Cassia Commissioners to record, share meetings online Updated: Nov-24-15 1:18 pm
BURLEY, Idaho - The Cassia County Commission has approved audio recordings of their weekly business meetings after the board was caught violating government transparency laws.
- Family hires private investigator in boy's disappearance Updated: Nov-24-15 12:26 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - The family of a 2-year-old boy who went missing during a family camping trip nearly four months ago have retained a private investigations firm to help search.