- NU forward Abrahamson transfers to Drake Updated: Apr-16-14 8:16 pm
- Federal money could have paid settlements Updated: Apr-16-14 8:12 pm
- Father joins effort to change handgun age limits Updated: Apr-16-14 12:34 pm
- Court: Man can seek office despite conviction Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- Critics: Some Iowa courthouses lack basic security Updated: Apr-15-14 6:06 pm
- Broadband bill advances but tower concerns remain Updated: Apr-15-14 4:31 pm
- Branstad awards funds to 2 renewable fuel sites Updated: Apr-14-14 1:03 pm
- Police release name of Des Moines homicide victim Updated: Apr-14-14 10:52 am
- 2 Iowans held in abduction of man found in trunk Updated: Apr-14-14 7:41 am
- Iowa hires nearly 400 without advertising the jobs Updated: Apr-13-14 8:43 pm
- Senate panel likely to continue, broaden inquiry Updated: Apr-13-14 10:37 am
- Des Moines botanical garden unveils new exhibit Updated: Apr-13-14 5:06 am
- Young WRs shine in open Iowa workout Updated: Apr-12-14 6:53 pm
- Grass fire shuts down stretch of I-80 in Iowa Updated: Apr-12-14 12:52 pm
- Authorities rule suicide in Iowa developer's death Updated: Apr-11-14 1:52 pm
- Des Moines police investigating man's shooting Updated: Apr-11-14 9:55 am
- Ankeny teacher accused in student sex case Updated: Apr-11-14 6:52 am
- Des Moines school district appeals emails ruling Updated: Apr-10-14 8:31 am
- Des Moines man charged with vehicular homicide Updated: Apr-10-14 6:10 am
- Hearing on secret settlements abruptly called off Updated: Apr-09-14 4:50 pm
- Drake business school gives up accreditation Updated: Apr-09-14 10:26 am
- In Iowa, Huckabee drops few hints about 2016 Updated: Apr-08-14 10:07 pm
- 3 Des Moines police officers cleared in shooting Updated: Apr-08-14 5:37 pm
- Senate passes school radon bill to governor Updated: Apr-08-14 2:05 pm
- Des Moines council favors arched bridge look Updated: Apr-08-14 1:23 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Northwestern forward Kale Abrahamson is transferring to Drake after two seasons with the Wildcats.
DES MOINES, Iowa - An official of the Iowa Department of Administrative Services said Wednesday that some federal money may have been used to pay former state employees to keep quiet about settlement agreements, which one lawmaker suggested could potentially be a serious problem for the state.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Johnston father of two young daughters is joining with gun-rights advocates in seeking a change to an Iowa law that makes it illegal for children younger than 14 to fire handguns.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A split Iowa Supreme Court issued a ruling Tuesday that allows a Des Moines man to run for state Senate and affirms that second-offense drunken driving is not an infamous crime as defined by the Iowa Constitution.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa courthouses have a variety of security features, with about half banning guns and fewer providing secure areas for judges and staff to work outside courtrooms, according to critics pushing for upgrades.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A legislative panel has backed a plan meant to extend broadband access to rural Iowans, though an agreement hasn't been reached on language about the placement of new cell towers.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad has awarded grants to two fueling sites in an effort to expand access higher blends of ethanol and biodiesel.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities have released the name of a 57-year-old Des Moines homicide victim.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two Des Moines residents have been arrested in the kidnapping and beating of a man found in the trunk of a car.
DES MOINES, Iowa - At least 386 state employees have been hired by Gov. Terry Branstad's administration without advertising the positions, but this is not a new practice in Iowa.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Senate Democratic leaders have made it clear their questions about government payments to former workers for secrecy and other state employment issues will not stop when the Legislature adjourns for the year.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden has unveiled a new exhibit featuring small hanging trees and flowers.
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's coaching staff has at times raved about its crop of redshirt freshman wide receivers.
ADAIR, Iowa - Iowa authorities say a grass fire has shut down about a 10-mile stretch of Interstate 80 near Adair, west of Des Moines.
GUTHRIE CENTER, Iowa - Authorities have ruled the death of a prominent Des Moines developer found in a burned vehicle as a suicide.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say a man has been shot in the neck in front of a Des Moines apartment building.
ANKENY, Iowa - A 33-year-old teacher has been accused of sexually exploiting a former student at Ankeny High School.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines school district wants the Iowa Supreme Court to review a judge's ruling that allows a former superintendent's lawsuit to proceed.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A 21-year-old Des Moines man has been charged with vehicular homicide after the death of a motorcyclist injured in a collision on March 29.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A state official abruptly backed out of testifying before a legislative hearing Wednesday into secret payments to fired employees who agreed to remain silent about their settlements, saying she was not prepared to answer lawmakers' questions.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Drake University's business school leaders have decided to give up an accreditation for a year.
WAUKEE, Iowa - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee headlined a conservative forum Tuesday in Iowa, but he dropped few clues about whether he was considering a second run for president, despite having won the state's coveted leadoff caucuses six years ago.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say three Des Moines police officers have been cleared in an officer-involved shooting.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Senate is sending to Gov. Terry Branstad a bill that will survey schools in Iowa to determine whether they're testing for the presence of radon gas. The bill requires districts to report by the end of this year to the Iowa Department of Education and the agency to file a report with the Legislature by January.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines officials say they favor spending extra money so the replacement of a downtown bridge will match the arched appearance of other nearby bridges.