- Des Moines Police investigating fake shooting report Updated: Jul-04-15 11:02 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police in Des Moines are seeking the person behind a report of a shooting and hostage situation that turned out to be a hoax.
- Des Moines Metro Opera deals with animal surprises on stage Updated: Jul-04-15 10:40 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - When Romeo pooped during his first rehearsal with the Des Moines Metro Opera, it was unclear who should clean it up.
- Officials say Gray's Lake Park in Des Moines to reopen Updated: Jul-02-15 7:19 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Officials say a popular park near downtown Des Moines that was closed due to flooding will reopen soon.
- Heeding Francis, Iowa Catholic leaders to pressure '16 field Updated: Jul-02-15 3:40 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Roman Catholic leaders in the early voting state of Iowa will call Thursday on candidates for president to follow the teachings of Pope Francis and focus as much on the environment and income inequality in 2016 as they have in past elections on opposing gay marriage and abortion.
- Polk County jury convicts Pleasant Hill man of murder Updated: Jul-01-15 6:55 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Jurors have convicted a Pleasant Hill man of first-degree murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend's fiance.
- Supreme Court denies franchise fee case attorney fee appeal Updated: Jul-01-15 6:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal by a team of lawyers who say they're not getting paid enough for winning a class-action lawsuit against the city of Des Moines for charging improper franchise fees.
- Ex-Iowa State scientist gets prison for faking HIV research Updated: Jul-01-15 5:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former Iowa State University scientist who altered blood samples to make it appear he had achieved a breakthrough toward a potential vaccine against HIV was sentenced Wednesday to more than 4 ½ years in prison for making false statements in research reports.
- Bangladesh-based poverty group founder wins World Food Prize Updated: Jul-01-15 2:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man who created a nonprofit organization credited with helping more than 150 million people out of poverty was named the winner of the 2015 World Food Prize on Wednesday.
- Statewide firefighters union censures Des Moines chief Updated: Jul-01-15 8:44 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A statewide firefighters union has censured the Des Moines fire chief, criticizing what it says is his anti-labor management style.
- Proclamation issued for Iowa counties after severe weather Updated: Jun-30-15 6:43 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A disaster proclamation has been issued for 18 Iowa counties affected by recent severe weather.
- Winds blow smoke from forest fires in Canada into Midwest Updated: Jun-30-15 1:05 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A haze blanketed much of the Midwest on Tuesday as strong winds carried smoke from forest fires in Canada thousands of miles to the south, prompting health warnings in at least two states.
- Governor: Ex-Des Moines chief to lead Iowa police academy Updated: Jun-30-15 12:16 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad is appointing former Des Moines police chief Judy Bradshaw as the new director of the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
- Paramedic helps Iowa woman with baby boy's delivery Updated: Jun-30-15 9:01 am
ANKENY, Iowa - A paramedic has helped a suburban Des Moines woman with the home delivery of her baby son.
- Family members urge reforms after son's jail suicide Updated: Jun-28-15 6:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa family that lost a son to suicide in jail earlier this year is pushing for changes in the way people with mental illnesses are treated by authorities.
- Iowa home sells for more than $1 million at auction Updated: Jun-28-15 1:07 pm
URBANDALE, Iowa - A suburban Des Moines home complete with its own drawbridge and dance floor drew a price over $1 million at a weekend auction.
- Iowa doctor fined, banned from treating chronic pain Updated: Jun-27-15 6:09 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa regulators have fined a Chariton doctor $3,000 and banned him from treating patients with chronic pain following allegations that he over-prescribed painkillers.
- Court bars New York psychic business from soliciting in Iowa Updated: Jun-27-15 4:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa judge has ordered a New York-based company that prosecutors say conned people into paying for outlandish psychic readings and prophecies to stop soliciting Iowa residents and refund nearly $14,000 already sent from them.
- Man rescued from collapsed trench in Story City, Iowa Updated: Jun-27-15 1:14 pm
STORY CITY, Iowa - Rescue crews have saved a man trapped in a collapsed trench as a construction site in central Iowa's Story City.
- Vander Plaats says gay marriage ruling 'exceptionally wrong' Updated: Jun-26-15 2:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The latest reaction in Iowa to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize same-sex marriage (all times local):
- Police: Laser pointed at plane flying into Des Moines Updated: Jun-26-15 7:20 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities are investigating after the pilot of an inbound Delta Airlines flight said a laser was pointed at it about five miles northeast of the Des Moines International Airport.
- Des Moines, other Polk County cities prepare for flooding Updated: Jun-25-15 1:07 pm
CLIVE, Iowa - West Des Moines, Clive and other Polk County cities prepared Thursday for more flooding as rivers and creeks rose past flood stages following heavy rains.
- Man accused of killing ex-girlfriend's fiance goes on trial Updated: Jun-24-15 9:07 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa prosecutor says a man meticulously planned to kill his former girlfriend's fiance, but a defense attorney says mental illness and side effects from a medication caused his client to commit the slaying.
- Food supplier sues egg farm alleging breach of contract Updated: Jun-23-15 5:38 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A food supplier claims an Iowa egg farm breached a contract after bird flu disrupted the supply of eggs.
- Man who jumped into Des Moines River rescued, official says Updated: Jun-23-15 7:17 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man who leaped off a pedestrian bridge into the Des Moines River has been rescued.
- Ex-Iowa police officer gets prison in excessive force case Updated: Jun-22-15 5:59 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former Des Moines police officer convicted in March of using excessive force has been sentenced to more than five years in prison.