- Main street program seeks to boost Iowa downtowns Updated: Aug-30-15 10:31 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - For Centerville, becoming part of a program that helps enhance historic downtowns could mean spruced up buildings, efforts to attract businesses - and maybe even a chance to convince a few people to move in.
- Police seize vehicle in fatal hit-and-run investigation Updated: Aug-29-15 1:24 pm
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - West Des Moines police say they have seized a "vehicle of interest" in their investigation of a fatal hit-and-run.
- 3 people saved from residential fire in Des Moines suburb Updated: Aug-28-15 6:44 am
CLIVE, Iowa - Three people alerted by passers-by have escaped from a residential fire in the Des Moines suburb of Clive.
- State audit finds missing funds in city of Casey Updated: Aug-27-15 10:49 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A state audit has found nearly $300,000 in misspent city funds in the small community of Casey after an investigation that was interrupted by a fire that destroyed City Hall and the city's financial records.
- Iowa jury decides not to indict officer in fatal shooting Updated: Aug-26-15 6:34 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A grand jury has decided not to indict a Des Moines police officer who fatally shot a 28-year-old man after a low-speed car chase in June.
- Diocese punishes group that let woman perform sacrament rite Updated: Aug-26-15 3:53 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines bishop has told an area Catholic group to cease Mass services because it let a woman preside over sacrament in December.
- Kansan sentenced for Iowa mail fraud in insurance scam Updated: Aug-25-15 12:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A 38-year-old Kansas man has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for mail fraud connected to an insurance commissions scam in Iowa.
- Toddler survived 3-story fall, Des Moines police say Updated: Aug-25-15 6:46 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A 23-month-old child has survived a fall from a third-story apartment window in Des Moines.
- Organizers: Record 1.1M visited Iowa State Fair this year Updated: Aug-24-15 6:58 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An unofficial count of attendance at the Iowa State Fair this year indicates roughly 1.1 million people visited the fairgrounds, breaking a previous record.
- Iowa board gets 3,700 objections on proposed oil pipeline Updated: Aug-24-15 5:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Among the top concerns about a proposed oil pipeline across Iowa is whether a private company should be able to access private land for its construction, according to a state board that says it's received roughly 3,700 objections to the project.
- Iowa councilman resigns in wake of solicitation arrest Updated: Aug-22-15 5:19 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Dallas Center city councilman has resigned after being arrested during a prostitution sting.
- Iowa officials: Armed man who barricaded himself surrenders Updated: Aug-21-15 4:07 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say an armed man who barricaded himself inside his home in central Iowa has surrendered after several hours.
- Man wanted in Minneapolis killing arrested in Des Moines Updated: Aug-21-15 8:13 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man wanted by police for a killing in Minneapolis has been arrested in Des Moines.
- Officer injured in collision, Des Moines police say Updated: Aug-20-15 6:19 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say a Des Moines police officer is recovering from injuries suffered in a collision between his patrol car and a pickup.
- 20 arrested in connection to prostitution sting in Iowa Updated: Aug-19-15 6:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A drug task force says it has arrested 20 people in connection to a prostitution sting at a motel in central Iowa.
- Company will pay Iowa to settle allegations over medications Updated: Aug-19-15 3:51 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A pharmaceutical company will pay the state of Iowa more than $972,000 to settle allegations that it improperly marketed two of its medications.
- Police: Driver accused of hitting Iowa cyclist was drunk Updated: Aug-18-15 7:29 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say a driver accused of hitting a cyclist in Des Moines had a blood alcohol content that was nearly three times the legal limit to drive.
- Iraq veteran plans Democratic congressional run Updated: Aug-17-15 12:37 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iraq war veteran who lost a Democratic congressional bid last year says he will try again in a different district.
- Man accused of setting another man on fire in Des Moines Updated: Aug-17-15 8:52 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A 46-year-old man accused of setting another man on fire has been charged with attempted murder in Des Moines.
- 2016 hopefuls hit the gym, try to skip pie on campaign trail Updated: Aug-17-15 3:44 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scott Walker is counting steps on his FitBit. Jeb Bush swears by the Paleo diet. Bobby Jindal is a "gym rat."
- 46-year-old man killed in Des Moines traffic crash Updated: Aug-14-15 7:29 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police say a man was killed and a woman was injured after their vehicles crashed in Des Moines.
- Food banks struggle to meet surprising demand Updated: Aug-13-15 1:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Food banks nationwide are dealing with rising demand despite the growing economy, leading some charities to reduce the amount they offer each family.
- Iowa fair replaces Meghan Trainor show with her opening acts Updated: Aug-12-15 7:37 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The opening acts for singer Meghan Trainor's now-canceled grandstand performance at the Iowa State Fair will be the main act for a free show, organizers said Wednesday.
- Judge delays trial in corn seed theft case until February Updated: Aug-12-15 10:48 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A judge has delayed the trial of a Chinese man accused of conspiring to steal trade secrets from U.S. seed companies.
- Wind energy project awaits final approval from Iowa board Updated: Aug-11-15 5:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A new wind energy project in Iowa is still awaiting final approval from the Iowa Utilities Board.