- Man pleads not guilty in Waukee killing Updated: Nov-25-15 12:19 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man accused of killing another man in Waukee has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.
- Authorities say man shot in the head in central Iowa Updated: Nov-25-15 11:59 am
LAUREL, Iowa - Authorities say they're investigating the circumstances of a man shot in the head in central Iowa.
- Federal indictment returned in Neola bank robbery Updated: Nov-25-15 11:45 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Council Bluffs man has been indicted on one count of bank robbery in federal court in Des Moines.
- Woman charged with 2 vehicular homicides in Des Moines Updated: Nov-25-15 10:41 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Des Moines woman has been charged with two counts of vehicular homicide while driving intoxicated.
- Police charge Des Moines in fatal crash Updated: Nov-24-15 3:39 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police have arrested a Des Moines man a day after a crash that killed a 22-year-old woman.
- Iowa St runners recall day of triumph, tragedy 30 years ago Updated: Nov-24-15 2:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - It's been 30 years since the plane crash and Jill Slettedahl-Winter still aches at the memory.
- Council OKs plan to save historic Des Moines bridge Updated: Nov-24-15 6:26 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The City Council has approved reconstruction of a landmark downtown bridge in downtown Des Moines.
- Dowling beats CR Kennedy 41-10 for 3rd straight 3A title Updated: Nov-23-15 11:41 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Jacob Zachary ran for two touchdowns, and West Des Moines Dowling beat Cedar Rapids Kennedy 41-10 on Monday night for its third straight Class 4A state championship.
- Woman killed, man injured in Des Moines car crash Updated: Nov-23-15 6:56 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say a woman has been killed in a single-vehicle crash in Des Moines that also injured a man.
- Branstad pardons 2 turkeys as part of Thanksgiving tradition Updated: Nov-23-15 3:24 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has pardoned two turkeys as part of an annual Thanksgiving tradition in Iowa.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: Nov-23-15 9:01 am
The Des Moines Register. Nov. 20, 2015
- Family member suspected in Des Moines slayings Updated: Nov-23-15 8:56 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines authorities say a family member is suspected of shooting to death a woman and her daughter.
- New trial start date set for man in Des Moines slaying Updated: Nov-23-15 7:45 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Another trial starting date has been scheduled for a man accused of fatally shooting a neighbor in Des Moines.
- Iowans digging out from heavy snow; cold lingers Updated: Nov-21-15 4:15 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Many Iowa residents spent Saturday digging out from under more than a foot of snow that fell overnight in some places, while some roads were still partially covered by midafternoon.
- Des Moines house damaged when SUV crashed into it Updated: Nov-21-15 1:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police are investigating how a sport utility vehicle ended up crashing into a Des Moines home, causing thousands of dollars in damages.
- Blind teacher challenges Wahlert students Updated: Nov-21-15 10:56 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Natalie Schira paces near student desks as her young charges ponder truth.
- Can these men clean up Iowa's water as part of task force? Updated: Nov-21-15 10:54 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Neither Larry James nor Steve Bruere like to dwell on what divides environmentalists and the ag community when it comes to Iowa's issues with water quality.
- Des Moines residents participating in gift-giving effort Updated: Nov-21-15 5:02 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Families, churches and groups in Des Moines will be doing more that preparing for Thanksgiving this weekend. They'll also be helping pack gifts for Operation Christmas Child's National Collection Week.
- Prosecutor: Former lottery official fixed 2011 Oklahoma game Updated: Nov-19-15 7:44 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former lottery security officer who was convicted of rigging an Iowa Hot Lotto game an attempt to win a $14 million jackpot also fixed a game in Oklahoma, an Iowa prosecutor said Thursday.
- Iowa health department says soy plant emissions not a threat Updated: Nov-19-15 8:12 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Public Health says residents and businesses near a Des Moines soy processing plant face no health threat from the facility's emissions.
- Casey city clerk charged with fraud, burning down City Hall Updated: Nov-18-15 1:00 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The former city clerk for the small western Iowa city of Casey will face federal charges that she used city funds for personal use and burned down City Hall the night before state auditors were to arrive to investigate missing money last year.
- Adviser: Carson struggling with details on foreign policy Updated: Nov-18-15 10:46 am
Some advisers to Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson say he is struggling to grasp the complexities of foreign policy, his closest confidant said Tuesday, acknowledging their frustration while adding the political newcomer is making progress.
- UnityPoint Health, Minnesota insurer form insurance company Updated: Nov-17-15 6:14 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines-based hospital and medical clinic company UnityPoint Health is getting into the health insurance business.
- Agriculture report says nitrate levels high in Iowa river Updated: Nov-13-15 4:29 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A report from Agriculture's Clean Water Alliance says half of the 45 monitoring sites on the Raccoon River in central Iowa are showing the highest average nitrate levels in 10 years of data collection.
- Experts disagree on sanity of Des Moines homicide defendant Updated: Nov-13-15 7:43 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Experts have disagreed about whether a man was insane when he attacked an elderly couple in their Des Moines home last year.