- Offensive in Somalia sees militants flee 5 towns Updated: Mar-11-14 8:24 am
- Car bomb kills 11 at tea shop in Mogadishu Updated: Feb-27-14 8:08 am
- 50,000 Somali kids at risk: UN, gov't ask for help Updated: Feb-25-14 8:28 am
- Somali army invading Mogadishu homes after attack Updated: Feb-24-14 8:37 am
- Hundreds in Somalia's capital flee clashes Updated: Feb-20-14 7:53 am
- Rights group: Saudis deport 12,000 Somalis Updated: Feb-19-14 10:55 am
- Stop! Somali traffic police try to restore order Updated: Feb-19-14 3:29 am
- Police: Car bomb explodes outside Mogadishu hotel Updated: Feb-10-14 10:56 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Columns of African Union and Somali troops are moving deeper into land controlled by al-Qaida-linked militants, forcing fighters to flee from five towns in quick succession in a further squeezing of al-Shabab's strongholds.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A car bomb blast Thursday in a normally quiet Mogadishu neighborhood blew the facade off a tea shop where intelligence officers are known to congregate, killing at least 11 people, police said.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Somalia's 2011 famine is over. Militants have been pushed out of Mogadishu. Political progress is being made. And yet the U.N. and Somali government are pleading with international donors to help a country they say is still in crisis.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Hooded soldiers carrying sniper rifles have unleashed a sweeping crackdown across Mogadishu in a hunt for militants and weapons after the country's al-Qaida-linked militants group's latest attack on the country's presidential palace.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Residents in Mogadishu say that hundreds of families are fleeing the Somali capital after a spike in the number of clashes between militants and pro-government troops.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabian authorities have deported more than 12,000 migrants held under "appalling conditions" back to their native Somalia, where many now face life-threatening situations, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - "Stop!" a police officer in Somalia's capital yells as a traffic light flashes red. Most of the cars keep going. Angered, he steps into the middle of the road and gridlock follows. Mogadishu recently began installing road signs for the first time, trying to end a culture of "anything goes" on the streets.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A police officer in Somalia's capital says that a car bomb exploded outside a Mogadishu hotel as senior police officers were meeting inside.