- Johnson: Jobs, health care as important as terror fight Updated: Feb-05-16 6:16 pm
MILWAUKEE - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson framed his re-election campaign as a matter of security - both military and economic - at a town hall meeting Friday, saying jobs and health care demand the same attention as the fight against terror.
- Supreme Court hopeful Kloppenburg begins TV ads in Milwaukee Updated: Feb-05-16 5:57 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg is set to hit the airwaves.
- Walker to sign bill legalizing concealed switchblades Updated: Feb-05-16 5:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is set to sign a bill that would allow people to carry concealed switchblades and knives.
- Madison man charged with killing former co-worker Updated: Feb-05-16 4:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A 26-year-old Madison man who had been fired from a grocery store is charged in the fatal shooting of a former co-worker.
- Regents committee OKs new tenure policy Updated: Feb-05-16 4:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A University of Wisconsin System regents committee overwhelmingly approved policy changes Friday that would allow chancellors to lay off tenured professors if their programs are cut and fire them for poor performance.
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case Updated: Feb-05-16 3:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Former Wisconsin and Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball was jailed early Friday on a felony battery charge after an apparent dispute with his girlfriend.
- Manitowoc police investigating homicide Updated: Feb-05-16 3:25 pm
MANITOWOC, Wisconsin - Police in Manitowoc say a man fatally shot at his home was apparently targeted by his assailant.
- Fishermen anticipate cloudy conditions for sturgeon season Updated: Feb-05-16 12:55 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - The upcoming sturgeon spearing season in Wisconsin could be frustrating for participants who are expected to encounter murky water in Lake Winnebago and upriver lakes, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Fired Tomah psychiatrist setting up practice in La Crosse Updated: Feb-05-16 12:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - The former chief of staff at the Wisconsin Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Tomah who was fired after allegations of overprescribing narcotics is set to begin practicing psychiatry in La Crosse.
- Legislative committee pulls amendment limiting school taxes Updated: Feb-05-16 10:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - An Assembly committee has postponed a vote on a plan to limit school districts' taxing authority to offset lost state aide when voucher students leave.
- Alston scores 21 as Ohio State dispatches Wisconsin 87-61 Updated: Feb-05-16 9:29 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Even an off night for Kelsey Mitchell wasn't enough to slow Ohio State.
- Chancellor: $8 million spent to retain Madison professors Updated: Feb-05-16 8:38 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin-Madison has spent at least $8 million since last summer to keep top faculty members following the Legislature's cuts to higher education.
- Woman struck and killed at Waukesha intersection Updated: Feb-05-16 7:30 am
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - Police say a woman was struck and killed at an intersection in Waukesha.
- Snow sculptors from across the nation compete in Wisconsin Updated: Feb-05-16 7:18 am
LAKE GENEVA, Wisconsin - Fifteen teams of snow sculptors from 11 states have gathered in Wisconsin to compete to be named the best in the nation.
- Official says toppled Lincoln statue should return soon Updated: Feb-05-16 7:12 am
BURLINGTON, Wisconsin - A southeastern Wisconsin city official says a statue of Abraham Lincoln that was recently toppled should be ready to go back up in the coming weeks.
- 'Right fit' is the sell in B10 recruiting, sideshow or not Updated: Feb-05-16 3:08 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Urban Meyer has the cache and the national championship rings. Jim Harbaugh mixes a khakis-wearing sensibility with a sense of panache.
- Wisconsin wins 5th straight, beats Ohio State 79-68 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The conversation in the locker room at halftime between Wisconsin interim coach Greg Gard and forward Nigel Hayes was brief and to the point.
- Green Bay beats Northern Kentucky 85-78 Updated: Feb-04-16 9:23 pm
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Kentucky - Jordan Fouse scored 14 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had four steals and four blocks to lead Green Bay over Northern Kentucky 85-78 on Thursday night.
- Milwaukee County to pursue Lincoln Hills alternative Updated: Feb-04-16 7:18 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee County supervisors voted Thursday to declare a state of emergency at the state's troubled youth prisons and release $500,000 to seek alternative housing for offenders held at the Lincoln Hills and Copper Lake facilities, which are under a sweeping state and federal investigation into allegations of abuse by staffers.
- Lawmaker aims to ban late-night budget votes Updated: Feb-04-16 7:09 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Both houses of the Wisconsin Legislature last year passed the state budget in the middle of the night, a practice Democratic Rep. Beth Meyers of Bayfield wants to halt.
- Finance committee OKs dementia bills Updated: Feb-04-16 6:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin lawmakers moved closer Thursday to passing a bipartisan package of legislation to help people cope with Alzheimer's disease and dementia after the Legislature's budget committee signed off on the last half of the proposals.
- Sun Prairie man accused in beheading to stay in institution Updated: Feb-04-16 6:15 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Sun Prairie man accused of decapitating his mother with a large sword will remain at a mental health institution for now.
- 135 private, religious schools register for voucher students Updated: Feb-04-16 1:30 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Department of Public Instruction says 135 private and religious schools in Wisconsin have registered to accept voucher students.
- Explosives threat one of many due to 'Making a Murderer' Updated: Feb-04-16 1:14 pm
MANITOWOC, Wisconsin - Bomb threats to a Wisconsin county sheriff's office that made an apparent reference to "getting justice" for the convict profiled in the popular Netflix series "Making a Murderer" are the latest in a long string of threats made to the department and its officers since the series went online, officials said Thursday.
- Wisconsin attorney reinstated after overturned conviction Updated: Feb-04-16 11:30 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court has reinstated the license of a Kenosha lawyer two years after a federal court overturned his conviction for money laundering.