- Obama's Wisconsin visit comes as Walker prepares campaign Updated: Jun-30-15 9:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - President Barack Obama is bringing his push to raise salaries for low-income workers to Wisconsin, where Gov. Scott Walker angered set off a firestorm and built his expected run for the White House around curtailing collective bargaining powers and enacting a right-to-work law.
- Authorities seize synthetic drugs at Madison gas stations Updated: Jun-30-15 8:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Search warrants say drug agents seized about 3,000 packets of synthetic marijuana from two Madison gas stations.
- Milwaukee Co. Transit System prepares for drivers walkout Updated: Jun-30-15 8:55 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County Transit System prepared Tuesday to suspend service in anticipation of a walkout by bus drivers that would leave tens of thousands of riders without a low-cost transportation alternative.
- Prevailing wage, Bucks arena won't be in budget Updated: Jun-30-15 8:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Details of an agreement on major budget issues reached by Republicans on Tuesday:
- Republicans reach deal to end Wisconsin budget impasse Updated: Jun-30-15 8:34 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislative leaders have reached a deal on a new state budget that drops a financing plan for a new Milwaukee Bucks stadium and changes to the prevailing wage law, co-chairs of the Legislature's budget committee said Tuesday.
- Bucks arena, prevailing wage may come in special session Updated: Jun-30-15 8:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature may vote on a financing deal for a Milwaukee Bucks arena and changes to the prevailing wage law in a special session.
- DNR to do full environmental study on proposed hog megafarm Updated: Jun-30-15 5:49 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Department of Natural Resources says it will require a full environmental impact study of a proposed hog "megafarm" in northern Wisconsin.
- Correction: Wisconsin-Ryan Retiring story Updated: Jun-30-15 3:12 pm
In a story June 29 about coach Bo Ryan's retirement plans, The Associated Press reported erroneously who hired Ryan at Wisconsin. It was Pat Richter, the Badgers' athletic director at the time.
- Whistleblowers call for removal of Veterans Affairs watchdog Updated: Jun-30-15 1:05 pm
TOMAH, Wisconsin - A man who helped expose over prescription of opiates at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Tomah wants to personally deliver a letter from whistleblowers across the country calling for the removal of the VA's chief watchdog to President Barack Obama in Wisconsin this week.
- Sanders says 9,500 expected at Madison rally Updated: Jun-30-15 11:59 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders says 9,500 people have said they plan to attend his rally on Wednesday night in Madison.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds wind turbine rules Updated: Jun-30-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court upheld the state's wind turbine construction rules Tuesday, saying they're valid even though regulators didn't develop a report on how the regulations would affect the housing industry.
- Michigan, Wisconsin interns help with Presque Isle project Updated: Jun-30-15 10:56 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Northern Michigan University student Daniel Mayle joked about having to look out for alligators in the Presque Isle Bog, but the reality is narrow-leaved cattails are more of a danger.
- School board president accused of theft Updated: Jun-30-15 7:47 am
MENOMONIE, Wisconsin - A University of Wisconsin-Stout employee accused of stealing from the school is free on bond.
- Authorities identify diver pulled from Wisconsin lake Updated: Jun-30-15 3:17 am
TOWN OF BROCKWAY, Wisconsin - Authorities have released the name of a woman who they say died while taking part in scuba diving exercises in a Wisconsin Lake.
- After joining franchise, MacPhail watches Phillies lose Updated: Jun-30-15 12:03 am
PHILADELPHIA - Soon-to-be Phillies president Andy MacPhail promised to watch, listen and learn over the next three months. He probably hoped for a better beginning.
- 2 men dead after being pulled from Milwaukee park lagoon Updated: Jun-29-15 10:46 pm
MILWAUKEE - Two men are dead after being pulled from a lagoon in a Milwaukee park.
- Wisconsin teen accused of killing parents pleads insanity Updated: Jun-29-15 10:14 pm
RHINELANDER, Wisconsin - A teenager accused of killing her mother and stepfather has pleaded insanity in a northern Wisconsin courtroom.
- Fundraising company abruptly closes Wisconsin call center Updated: Jun-29-15 7:26 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - A Minnesota company that helps raise money for Republican candidates has abruptly closed its Oshkosh call center, cutting 153 jobs.
- Fatal fight started during argument about girlfriend Updated: Jun-29-15 6:19 pm
WAUSAU, Wisconsin - Wausau police say it was a fight over a woman that left one man dead and sent another to jail.
- Democrats want to remove marriage definition in constitution Updated: Jun-29-15 4:05 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Democrats on Monday called for the elimination of nullified language in the state's constitution that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
- Vos says he has votes to pass Bucks deal in Assembly Updated: Jun-29-15 3:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he has enough votes to pass a financing plan for a $500 million Milwaukee Bucks arena that relies on $250 million from state and local taxpayers.
- Wisconsin officials stress importance of helmets on ATVs Updated: Jun-29-15 1:42 pm
STEVENS POINT, Wisconsin - State officials are stressing the importance of helmets after two of the four children killed in all-terrain vehicle crashes this year in Wisconsin weren't wearing protective headgear.
- Coalition says rent-to-own exemptions could come in budget Updated: Jun-29-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A coalition of faith leaders, low-income advocates and consumer groups is warning against a possible budget provision that could limit transparency about rent-to-own products.
- Condom portrait of Pope Benedict criticized by archbishop Updated: Jun-29-15 8:23 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum has handled dozens of complaints from angry Catholics and others over its plans to display a portrait of Pope Benedict that is made from 17,000 condoms.
- Order of Catholic sisters sells Wisconsin preserve for $1M Updated: Jun-29-15 4:19 am
MEQUON, Wisconsin - An order of Catholic sisters has sold a 155-acre preserve used as a quiet retreat outside Milwaukee to a regional land trust for a little more than $1 million.