- Chafee heads to Europe for trade mission Updated: Apr-24-14 9:16 pm
- Man faces accessory charge in New Bedford death Updated: Apr-24-14 7:48 pm
- Chafee announces $200K in library grants Updated: Apr-24-14 4:52 pm
- Republican Fung wants changes to education board Updated: Apr-24-14 3:44 pm
- Dozens protest postal service's Staples program Updated: Apr-24-14 2:22 pm
- Providence police say man shot ex-girlfriend's mom Updated: Apr-24-14 12:19 pm
- Lynch announces run for RI congressional seat Updated: Apr-24-14 8:22 am
- RI panel upholds charges against Lynch relative Updated: Apr-24-14 7:13 am
- Feds: RI couple sold unapproved cancer remedies Updated: Apr-23-14 6:53 pm
- Oceanographer Ballard elected to American Academy Updated: Apr-23-14 5:49 pm
- 3 gubernatorial hopefuls roll out policy plans Updated: Apr-23-14 4:58 pm
- Pell plans internships, trade missions for economy Updated: Apr-23-14 3:05 pm
- Raimondo: State can become 'green' energy leader Updated: Apr-23-14 2:49 pm
- Salve Regina gets $1M gift for nursing program Updated: Apr-23-14 9:22 am
- Man dies after Woonsocket bar fight Updated: Apr-23-14 6:46 am
- Navy veteran, 92, finally gets military medals Updated: Apr-22-14 6:04 pm
- Police: Man 'armed' with potato in robbery attempt Updated: Apr-22-14 3:34 pm
- Correction: URI Police-Guns story Updated: Apr-22-14 3:31 pm
- Taveras unveils policy plans on environment Updated: Apr-22-14 12:36 pm
- Star witness in Cianci corruption trial dies Updated: Apr-22-14 10:52 am
- RI encourages residents to celebrate Earth Day Updated: Apr-22-14 7:43 am
- RI court upholds state's firing of livery service Updated: Apr-22-14 6:55 am
- Missing woman found dead in East Providence Updated: Apr-22-14 6:04 am
- 2 men indicted in August 2013 Providence killing Updated: Apr-21-14 7:07 pm
- US energy chief: New England energy issues vexing Updated: Apr-21-14 6:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Lincoln Chafee is heading to Europe for economic development meetings in Italy and Ireland.
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A Providence, Rhode Island, man has been arrested in Georgia on an accessory charge in the death of a man in New Bedford last week.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Lincoln Chafee has announced more than $200,000 in grants to support libraries throughout Rhode Island.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Republican candidate for governor Allan Fung on Thursday said he wants to make changes in how the state's educational institutions are governed, including requiring the state education commissioner to report to the governor and installing a board of trustees at the University of Rhode Island.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Dozens of postal workers and their supporters chanted and marched outside a Rhode Island Staples to protest the opening of postal counters in Staples stores that are staffed with retail employees.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A woman is in critical condition at Rhode Island Hospital after police say her daughter's ex-boyfriend shot her in the back.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Former Marine and political newcomer Cormick Lynch has kicked off his campaign for the Rhode Island congressional seat now held by Democratic Rep. David Cicilline
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - A state appeals panel has upheld charges against a member of a prominent Rhode Island political family for a car crash involving a police sergeant.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal prosecutors in Rhode Island say a Portsmouth business, its owner and his wife have been charged with selling more than $2 million dollars of unapproved health products as cancer remedies.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The University of Rhode Island oceanography professor best known for discovering the wreck of the Titanic has been elected a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The leading Democratic candidates for Rhode Island governor rolled out new policy initiatives Wednesday that focused on growing the state's struggling economy, fixing its aging infrastructure and boosting its "green energy" sector.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Clay Pell says he wants to get Rhode Island's economy moving with steps including an internship program for public high school students, improving the state's tourism marketing and developing a two-year trade mission to increase international opportunities for Rhode Island business.
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - Rhode Island gubernatorial candidate Gina Raimondo has unveiled environmental policy plans for a "green bank" that will help municipalities prepare for the effects of climate change.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Salve Regina University in Newport is starting a new graduate program in nursing with the help of a $1 million gift.
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - A Woonsocket man has died and his roommate is under arrest after fighting at a local bar.
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A 92-year-old military veteran has gotten long-overdue medals he earned for serving in the Navy during World War II.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a man used a potato to pretend he had a gun while trying to rob a Rhode Island business.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - In a story April 20 about the University of Rhode Island's plan to arm campus police, The Associated Press, relying on information from a faculty union leader, reported erroneously on the date of a meeting of the executive committee of the URI chapter of the American Association of University Professors. The chapter's executive director, Frank Annunziato, said the committee met Tuesday, not Monday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Angel Taveras on Tuesday unveiled a plan that calls for reducing Rhode Island's use of fossil fuels and preparing for the effects of climate change, saying that environmental concerns are also economic ones.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A star witness in the corruption trial of former Providence Mayor Buddy Cianci (see-AN'-see) has died.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island officials are urging state residents to celebrate Earth Day by taking part in a cleanup or enjoying nature in state parks and beaches.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Supreme Court has upheld the state's firing of a company that had delivered human remains to the medical examiner's office since 1998.
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 57-year-old woman who went missing last week was found dead in her sister's home in East Providence over the weekend.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island attorney general's office says two men have been indicted in the fatal shooting of a man in Providence last year.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The nation's top energy official delivered a blunt message Monday to a Connecticut audience of energy executives, regulators, environmentalists and others who already know that fuel heating and cooling homes and businesses and running power plants in New England is among the costliest in the nation.