- RI lawmakers hear no-toll plan to pay for bridges Updated: Mar-07-14 9:36 am
- Rash of cooper thefts hit Charlestown Updated: Mar-07-14 8:50 am
- Newport history group to document Brown's founding Updated: Mar-07-14 2:32 am
- Legion of Christ suit in Rhode Island moves ahead Updated: Mar-06-14 4:54 pm
- RI jobless rate ticks down to 9.2 percent Updated: Mar-06-14 4:40 pm
- RI boy with cancer is made honorary police chief Updated: Mar-06-14 3:07 pm
- RI man gets decades in prison for killing teen Updated: Mar-06-14 12:31 pm
- Victim of Coventry house fire was 91-year-old Updated: Mar-06-14 10:07 am
- RI seeks owners of unclaimed life insurance money Updated: Mar-06-14 7:22 am
- Kwan: Gretzky hockey stick missing in stolen car Updated: Mar-06-14 7:01 am
- Rhode Island defeats Fordham 77-65 Updated: Mar-05-14 10:11 pm
- St. Francis (Pa) upends Bryant in NEC, 55-54 Updated: Mar-05-14 9:27 pm
- RI Air National Guard unit returns home Updated: Mar-05-14 5:55 pm
- York endorses Raimondo in RI governor's race Updated: Mar-05-14 5:33 pm
- RI lawmakers: let US take over health exchange Updated: Mar-05-14 2:49 pm
- Woonsocket man charged with trafficking fentanyl Updated: Mar-05-14 2:40 pm
- RI bill seeks to change way lt. gov is elected Updated: Mar-05-14 11:19 am
- Reed tries again to extend emergency benefits Updated: Mar-05-14 11:02 am
- Providence unveils 1st zoning change in 20 years Updated: Mar-05-14 7:40 am
- Providence police order halt to ad hoc tire dumps Updated: Mar-05-14 7:07 am
- Providence needs 2OT to top Marquette, 81-80 Updated: Mar-05-14 1:08 am
- Medical marijuana evaluation center gets license Updated: Mar-04-14 5:12 pm
- Running down the NCAA tournament bubble teams Updated: Mar-04-14 11:27 am
- Chair of RI ed board apologizes for remark Updated: Mar-04-14 10:01 am
- Accused drug dealer receiving food stamps arrested Updated: Mar-04-14 9:04 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A plan to ban tolls on three bridges and establish a fund for road and bridge maintenance has gotten a hearing in the Senate.
CHARLESTOWN, Rhode Island - Charlestown police are investigating a rash of copper piping thefts from mostly vacant summer homes.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The Newport Historical Society has received a grant from Brown University to document the Ivy League institution's founding ahead of its 250th anniversary next year.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A federal judge in Rhode Island has agreed to let a lawsuit move forward against the Roman Catholic religious order the Legion of Christ, turning down an attempt by the disgraced order to end the lawsuit brought over a late Yale University professor's $1 million bequest.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's unemployment rate ticked down in January to 9.2 percent, and the number of jobs was up sizably, state labor officials said Thursday.
BURRILLVILLE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island boy with cancer has received the surprise birthday party of a lifetime.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has been sentenced to two life terms plus 35 years after being convicted of the 2011 killing a 17-year-old girl.
COVENTRY, Rhode Island - Police have identified the victim of a fatal house fire in Coventry as a 91-year-old man.
MIDDLETOWN, Rhode Island - State General Treasurer Gina Raimondo says the state has nearly $12 million in unclaimed life insurance payouts in the state's coffers and is inviting residents to find out if they're owed money.
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - Ronnie Drinnon hit a go-ahead basket and a pair of free throws in the final 48 seconds, scoring a career high 20 points as sixth-seeded St. Francis (Pa.) battled past third-seeded Bryant 55-54 in the Northeast Conference tournament Wednesday night.
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - About 130 members of the Rhode Island Air National Guard are returning home following an overseas deployment.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic candidate for governor Gina Raimondo on Wednesday snagged the endorsement of former three-time gubernatorial candidate Myrth York, a progressive Democrat who had strongly supported Raimondo's rival, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras in his mayoral run.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A group of state lawmakers in Rhode Island wants to prohibit the state from funding its new health insurance marketplace and let the federal government run the program instead.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Woonsocket man has been ordered detained on federal charges of possessing and trafficking the prescription painkiller fentanyl and heroin.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A proposed referendum being considered by Rhode Island lawmakers would change the state Constitution so a candidate for lieutenant governor runs on the same ticket as a candidate for governor.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's senior U.S. senator has filed legislation that would extend emergency unemployment benefits for six months, retroactive to when the program expired last year.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An updated zoning law in Providence proposes to regulate farmers' markets, food trucks, nightclubs and even bicycle parking.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police have issued a summons to a man accused of dumping tires around the city as part of an ad hoc tire removal business.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Some may have thought Providence was out of contention for making the NCAA tournament this season, but Bryce Cotton and his Friars teammates aren't listening.
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A Warwick facility that helps patients enroll in Rhode Island's medical marijuana program has gotten its state health license.
Providence has put itself in position to make the NCAA tournament for the first time in a decade with a strong late-season run.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - The chairwoman of the state Board of Education has apologized after accusing Providence's schools superintendent of "grandstanding" following her testimony in opposition of a new high school graduation requirement.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police say they've arrested an alleged drug dealer accused of having $29,130 in cash in his apartment and cocaine valued about $140,000 while he collected food stamps.