- Elephants to perform for final time at Ringling Bros. circus Updated: May-01-16 9:42 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Elephants will perform for the last time at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus on Sunday, as the show closes its own chapter on a controversial practice that has entertained audiences since circuses began in America two centuries ago.
- AG to host shred-a-thons to stop identity theft Updated: May-01-16 9:37 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's attorney general is working with a shredding service to host free shred-a-thons.
- Rhode Island awarded $1.25 million to help the unemployed Updated: Apr-30-16 4:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island has been awarded nearly $1.25 million to provide re-employment and eligibility assessments to people who are unemployed.
- Rhode Island Foundation awards community-building grants Updated: Apr-30-16 1:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Foundation has awarded $500,000 in grants for local community-building projects.
- Bryant student facing drug charges after dorm raid Updated: Apr-30-16 11:45 am
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - A Bryant University student is facing drug charges after police say they found marijuana, cocaine, LSD and cash in a dorm room.
- Police: Man set up cameras in train station men's room Updated: Apr-30-16 11:16 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Warwick man is facing charges for allegedly setting up video cameras in the men's restroom at the Providence train station and recording multiple men using the stalls.
- Newport Festivals Foundation takes over BridgeFest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:45 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The foundation that runs the Newport jazz and folk festivals is taking control of a local music festival that runs in the week between the two landmark events.
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- 4 finalists chosen for Rhode Island College president's job Updated: Apr-29-16 4:46 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The search committee for the president of Rhode Island College has recommended four finalists to the Council on Postsecondary Education.
- Lawmaker wants to give voters more time to switch parties Updated: Apr-29-16 4:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A lawmaker wants to give Rhode Islanders more time to switch political parties before voting in a primary election.
- Like most states RI doesn't look for fire-foam contamination Updated: Apr-29-16 10:07 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island is among 33 states not tracking the use of a toxic firefighting foam even as the military checks U.S. bases for potential groundwater contamination from it.
- Burrillville police investigating 15-month-old's death Updated: Apr-29-16 4:37 am
BURRILLVILLE, Rhode Island - The Burrillville Police Department has launched an investigation into the death of a 15-month-old boy in the northwest Rhode Island town earlier this week.
- ACLU files civil rights lawsuit against Woonsocket police Updated: Apr-29-16 4:36 am
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a civil rights lawsuit against the Woonsocket Police Department over the arrest of a deaf man in 2015.
- Kasich, Cruz to get some delegates despite Trump landslide Updated: Apr-28-16 10:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island gave GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump his biggest majority of any state primary this year, but it's awarding a consolation prize that's a significant gain for Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- The Latest: Rhode Island GOP holds off finalizing delegates Updated: Apr-28-16 10:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on Rhode Island's GOP delegate selection (all times local):
- Ethics Commission approves recusal by Raimondo staffer Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has OK'd a plan by the governor's chief of staff to isolate himself from any work involving the state's rules for online daily fantasy sports betting because his wife works for the industry.
- VA hospital: No personal info on stolen computer Updated: Apr-28-16 4:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials with a Veterans Affairs hospital in Providence say a computer was stolen out of the basement of the hospital more than a year ago, and that patients were never notified.
- New interim president chosen for Rhode Island College Updated: Apr-28-16 12:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An interim president has been chosen for Rhode Island College.
- Providence budget proposal calls for $20M spending increase Updated: Apr-28-16 12:47 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza has proposed a nearly $717 million city budget that includes reductions in residential and commercial property tax rates.
- State tells drivers to call 911 in emergencies, not *77 Updated: Apr-28-16 12:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Emergency management officials are telling Rhode Island drivers to stop using a cellphone number that was set up years ago to report highway emergencies.
- Surgeon makes tourism ad after Rhode Island's Iceland flop Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An oral surgeon made a Rhode Island tourism ad and paid for it to air on television following the botched rollout of the state's own tourism campaign that featured an image of Iceland.
- Trump rally in Rhode Island leads to assault charges Updated: Apr-28-16 11:29 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Two men who allegedly tussled and spit at each other during a Donald Trump rally in Rhode Island have been charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct.
- Union seeks to halt Memorial Hospital maternity unit closure Updated: Apr-28-16 4:36 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - A union representing staff at Memorial Hospital is asking the Rhode Island Health Department to take measures to prevent the Pawtucket medical center from closing its obstetrics unit.
- Health officials release cause of deaths for Exeter women Updated: Apr-28-16 4:35 am
EXETER, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Health has released the causes of death for an Exeter mother and daughter who were both found dead inside their home in February.
- Sanders wins island where ferry shipped emergency ballots Updated: Apr-27-16 6:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Bernie Sanders can thank a patient ferry captain for helping to cement his Democratic presidential primary victory in the sleepy resort community of Block Island.