- Twin River casino officials meet with proposed site town Updated: May-05-15 6:14 am
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - Officials from the proposed Twin River casino have started building a relationship with the Rhode Island town targeted for the group's project.
- Protesters take on racial profiling at Providence College Updated: May-05-15 1:44 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More than 100 Providence College students, supporters and faculty and staff members rallied against racial profiling they say is widespread among security guards at the private Catholic school.
- Sen. Reed says he supports Dunford for Joint Chiefs Chairman Updated: May-04-15 9:04 pm
- Ex-Rhode Island lawmaker convicted of drunken driving Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A judge has found a former Rhode Island state senator guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Developers: Financing secured for $650M New Bedford casino Updated: May-04-15 7:07 pm
BOSTON - Developers proposing a $650 million Foxwoods resort casino on the New Bedford waterfront said Monday that they've secured financing and brought on a former Foxwoods CEO as partner.
- PawSox owners and state officials have 'high-level' meeting Updated: May-04-15 5:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State officials had a "high-level" meeting with the owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox to discuss the team's proposal for a new ballpark in downtown Providence.
- Solar-powered home designed by RISD students now in France Updated: May-04-15 3:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A solar-powered home designed in part by students from the Rhode Island School of Design is now located at an art academy in France.
- Lawyer asks judge to unseal filings in 38 Studios lawsuit Updated: May-04-15 2:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A lawyer for Rhode Island's economic development agency is asking a judge to unseal filings in its lawsuit over the failed 38 Studios deal, saying the public has a right to know.
- Rhode Island man advertising to find wife a kidney Updated: May-04-15 8:58 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man is getting creative in his search to secure a kidney donor for his wife.
- Crash sends car through Newport shop's window Updated: May-04-15 5:41 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Newport police are looking for the driver of a sport utility vehicle who witnesses say was responsible for an accident that sent a car through the front window of a bridal shop.
- Rhode Island police parade honors officers killed on duty Updated: May-03-15 4:52 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Rhode Island - Police organizations from around the Northeast have gathered in Rhode Island for an annual tribute to officers killed in the line of duty last year.
- Stadium proposal could affect I195 environmental plan Updated: May-03-15 12:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Pawtucket Red Sox proposal to build a new stadium in Providence could affect a broader environmental permit for the redeveloping the land that includes the site.
- Rare all-female team perseveres in Volvo Ocean Race Updated: May-03-15 12:07 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The first all-female team in the Volvo Ocean Race in over a decade, Team SCA is determined to break barriers in a male-dominated sport - and in what is widely considered the world's most prestigious offshore sailing event.
- Volvo ocean race heading for thrilling leg finish in Newport Updated: May-03-15 6:11 am
ALICANTE, Spain - After two weeks and nearly 4,000 nautical miles of sailing, the Volvo Ocean Race fleet was still locked together on Sunday with any of the six boats in with a chance of winning the sixth leg to Newport, Rhode Island.
- Whitehouse proposes extended military foreclosure protection Updated: May-02-15 3:22 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says he has introduced legislation to help protect military service members from losing their homes to foreclosure.
- Police: 2 cars crash at the same Rhode Island house Updated: May-02-15 1:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say two car crashes have happened in front of the same Rhode Island house.
- Providence schools chief to resign at end of school year Updated: May-01-15 8:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Superintendent of Schools Susan Lusi announced Friday that she will resign at the end of the current school year, saying she will pursue "other professional opportunities."
- New park and bike path to open in Providence Updated: May-01-15 7:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new park and bike path is set to open this weekend in Providence.
- Cops stop accepting guest list of motel with high crime rate Updated: May-01-15 6:04 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The police chief in Warwick said his department has stopped accepting a daily guest list from a city motel with a high crime rate.
- Warwick man found guilty of defrauding banks of thousands Updated: May-01-15 5:46 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Warwick man has been convicted of orchestrating schemes that defrauded local banks out of approximately $600,000.
- Economist: Rhode Island is catching up in recession recovery Updated: May-01-15 2:13 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island still lags in recovering from the recession, but the state is starting to catch up with its New England neighbors, a senior economist from Moody's Analytics said Friday.
- CVS Health tops Street forecasts, as 1Q earnings climb 8 pct Updated: May-01-15 12:16 pm
Pricey specialty drugs are helping CVS Health thrive after kicking tobacco sales, with revenue from the treatments pushing first-quarter earnings well above Wall Street expectations for the drugstore chain and pharmacy benefits manager.
- Judge refuses to dismiss former state senator's DUI charges Updated: May-01-15 7:20 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A District Court judge has refused to dismiss a drunken-driving charge against former Democratic state Sen. Stephen Alves.
- Some music at Fort Adams being silenced by red tape Updated: May-01-15 7:07 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - A plan to put on up to 10 concerts this year at Newport's Fort Adams State Park is in jeopardy over a snag in the state approval process.
- Providence Fire Department promotes 24 firefighters Updated: Apr-30-15 11:02 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Providence Fire Department has promoted 24 of its members to various ranks.