- Rhode Islanders seek grants to elevate homes Updated: Apr-21-14 7:55 am
- Hasbro posts 1Q profit, sales of girls' toys rise Updated: Apr-21-14 7:14 am
- Retired firefighter files claim over lost pension Updated: Apr-21-14 6:19 am
- Senate OKs longer sentences for gang-related crime Updated: Apr-20-14 3:02 pm
- Ex-Rhode Island governor Noel endorses Raimondo Updated: Apr-20-14 12:01 pm
- Not all want University of Rhode Island cops armed Updated: Apr-20-14 11:04 am
- Urban League of Rhode Island to close shelters Updated: Apr-19-14 3:07 pm
- RI zoo seeks funding for renovations Updated: Apr-19-14 11:02 am
- RI's 5 things: City subpoenaed, overdose efforts Updated: Apr-19-14 9:29 am
- Providence, RI, sues firms over stock trades Updated: Apr-18-14 8:07 pm
- Chafee signs digital proof of insurance bill Updated: Apr-18-14 3:34 pm
- Man arrested for DUI with 7-year-old in vehicle Updated: Apr-18-14 1:38 pm
- Senate OKs Gulf War memorial study resolution Updated: Apr-18-14 9:50 am
- Rhode Island's jobless rate falls to 8.7 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- Overdose deaths in Rhode Island climb to 85 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:17 pm
- Providence documents related to Fox subpoenaed Updated: Apr-17-14 12:47 pm
- Hydrant crashes through window at Tiverton eatery Updated: Apr-17-14 8:43 am
- State panel seeks repeal of political donor limits Updated: Apr-17-14 8:43 am
- Rhode Island health official: Flu widespread again Updated: Apr-17-14 6:44 am
- Rhode Island judge: Pension lawsuit may go forward Updated: Apr-16-14 6:55 pm
- House panel hears bill on pay day loan curbs Updated: Apr-16-14 3:31 pm
- URI breaks ground on gay and lesbian center Updated: Apr-16-14 1:48 pm
- MADD refuses $5,000 after dropped social host case Updated: Apr-16-14 1:47 pm
- US Energy Secretary Moniz to visit Rhode Island Updated: Apr-16-14 1:09 pm
- Birthday bash to raise money for Cianci portrait Updated: Apr-16-14 8:28 am
BARRINGTON, Rhode Island - Some Rhode Island residents are seeking federal grant money to help pay for elevating their homes to reduce the risk of flooding - and avoid spikes in flood insurance rates.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Hasbro returned to profitability in its first quarter, driven by sales of girls' toys such as My Little Pony and Nerf Rebelle. The prior-year results were dragged down by restructuring charges.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A retired Providence firefighter has filed a $7 million claim against the city for suspending his disability pension after he was seen lifting weights in a TV news report.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has passed a bill stiffening punishments for gang-related crimes.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Former Rhode Island Gov. Philip Noel has endorsed Treasurer Gina Raimondo for governor in the Democratic primary.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The University of Rhode Island's plan to arm campus police is drawing mixed reviews from students and faculty, with some saying it's long overdue at the nation's only public university where campus police do not carry firearms and others who fear it will lead to more violence.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Urban League of Rhode Island, struggling with its finances, is planning to shut down its men's homeless shelter at the agency's headquarters soon and temporarily close a women's shelter in Elmhurst.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence is hoping state taxpayers will support an $18-million bond issue to pay for renovations.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - From records related to Gordon Fox being subpoenaed to a House panel hearing a bill to legalize marijuana, here are five things to know in Rhode Island:
Providence, Rhode Island, is suing dozens of Wall Street banks and other financial companies over high-frequency trading.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Lincoln Chafee has signed into law legislation allowing motorists in Rhode Island to use their smartphones to offer police proof they have auto insurance.
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Massachusetts man police say was driving over 90 miles an hour with an unrestrained 7-year-old in his vehicle has been charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving.
EXETER, Rhode Island - The state Senate is calling for a study that could lead to the establishment of a memorial to veterans of the Gulf Wars at the Rhode Island Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's unemployment rate edged down in March to 8.7 percent, the lowest since September 2008, but the number of jobs also declined, state officials reported Thursday.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Seven more people in Rhode Island have died of accidental drug overdoses, bringing the total this year to 85, state health officials said Thursday, as they announced some new initiatives to deal with the crisis.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal law enforcement officials have subpoenaed documents pertaining to former House Speaker Gordon Fox from the city of Providence, a spokesman for Mayor Angel Taveras said Thursday.
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - When a fire hydrant crashed through the window of a Rhode Island restaurant managers said for the first time they were glad they had no customers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state Board of Elections is seeking legislation that would repeal an annual campaign contribution limit on individuals to candidates, party committees and political action committees.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's health director says the flu is widespread in Rhode Island, triggering a requirement that health care workers who have not been vaccinated wear surgical masks during direct contact with patients.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A lawsuit brought by public sector unions and retirees over Rhode Island's 2011 pension overhaul can now move forward, a judge ruled Wednesday, days after both sides said a lengthy mediation had failed.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The House Finance Committee has heard testimony on a bill that would prohibit "pay day" lenders from charging as much as 260 percent interest on the loans.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The University of Rhode Island has broken ground on a new center for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Mothers Against Drunk Driving is rejecting a $5,000 donation from a North Kingstown mother who offered the contribution after police dropped charges that she allowed teenagers to drink alcohol at her daughter's 16th birthday party.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz (mo-NEEZ') is coming to Rhode Island as part of the Obama administration's reassessment of the nation's energy strategy.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A $100-a-guest party celebrating former Providence Mayor Buddy Cianci's 73rd birthday will help pay for his official portrait at City Hall.