- Nonprofit: Utilities to be restored for medically vulnerable Updated: Nov-25-15 7:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Center for Justice says utilities will be restored for about two dozen households with medically vulnerable individuals, just in time for Thanksgiving.
- New bridge in Narragansett partially opens, no weight limit Updated: Nov-25-15 5:41 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode island transportation officials say they've partially opened the new Great Island Bridge in Narragansett and removed a weight limit that had been in place for 20 years.
- Tax administrator to leave post for private sector job Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Tax Administrator David Sullivan is leaving his post for a job in the private sector.
- City approves zoning change clearing way for solar farm Updated: Nov-25-15 1:25 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Cranston has approved a zoning change that clears the way for a solar farm.
- US Senator talks with inmates about reducing recidivism Updated: Nov-25-15 1:23 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Rhode Island prison inmates have given a U.S. Senator something to think about.
- Faculty differ on opinions of Rhode Island College president Updated: Nov-25-15 12:37 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A group of faculty at Rhode Island College has written a letter to support the school's president, in response to a scathing letter from another group criticizing her.
- Relative of slave trader to head plan to create slave museum Updated: Nov-25-15 11:54 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A direct descendant of a prominent slave trader has been named to lead the creation of a slave trade museum in the Episcopal Diocese of Rhode Island's now-closed Providence cathedral.
- Commissioner: Firefighter injury claims highly suspicious Updated: Nov-25-15 7:45 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Public Safety Commissioner Steven Pare says the city's firefighters are sabotaging a cost-savings plan by claiming on-the-job injuries and calling in sick.
- Woman found guilty of murder in shooting death of girlfriend Updated: Nov-25-15 4:48 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Johnston woman has been found guilty of murder in the shooting death of her girlfriend in Providence.
- Providence's dancing cop says he was fired over protest Updated: Nov-24-15 9:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence's famous dancing cop said he was fired Tuesday from directing holiday traffic for organizing a protest last month against a Dunkin' Donuts worker who wrote "#blacklivesmatter" on another police officer's coffee cup in Rhode Island.
- Rhode Island tops TCU 66-60 in Cancun Challenge Updated: Nov-24-15 9:24 pm
PUERTO AVENTURAS, Mexico - Rhode Island used some big shots and tough defense in the final stretch to post a 66-60 victory over TCU on Tuesday in the Cancun Challenge.
- Senate committee holding hearings on failed 38 Studios deal Updated: Nov-24-15 5:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state Senate committee opened hearings Tuesday into Rhode Island's $75 million deal with Curt Schilling's failed video game company, 38 Studios.
- Plans for new Providence research facilities unveiled Updated: Nov-24-15 4:10 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University and Wexford Science and Technology are planning to build two new research facilities in Providence's Jewelry District.
- Rhode Island home sales numbers encouraging Updated: Nov-24-15 12:07 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Sales of single-family homes in Rhode Island rose 8 percent last month when compared to the year-ago month.
- Police: Woman, 61, killed in 1-car rollover crash Updated: Nov-24-15 7:12 am
WESTERLY, Rhode Island - A 61-year-old woman has died after her car hit a stone wall and rolled over several times in Westerly.
- Council passes resolution to limit sex offenders in shelters Updated: Nov-24-15 6:59 am
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Cranston City Council has passed a resolution aimed at regulating facilities where convicted sex offenders live.
- Kris Dunn shines in Providence's 83-76 win over NJIT Updated: Nov-23-15 8:57 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Kris Dunn had 22 points, 10 rebounds, nine assists and seven steals to help Providence beat NJIT 83-76 on Monday night.
- Brown launching public workshops on racism Updated: Nov-23-15 8:10 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University is launching a series of lectures and workshops on racism.
- Schilling subpoena approved, but it's not clear he'll get it Updated: Nov-23-15 5:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A subpoena was approved Monday compelling former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling to appear before a committee probing Rhode Island's $75 million deal with his failed video game company. But the subpoena is not enforceable outside the state and Schilling lives in neighboring Massachusetts, so it's unclear whether he will ever be served with it.
- Parent group calls for more recess at Rhode Island schools Updated: Nov-23-15 4:51 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - As the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education looks to revise its regulations regarding the length of the school day, a group of parents are calling for more recess time.
- Gov. Raimondo announces $5M for job training Updated: Nov-23-15 3:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Twenty-six teams of companies, institutions and organizations will share $5 million in federal and state funding to train workers in Rhode Island.
- Police: 2 brothers arrested after raid at social club Updated: Nov-23-15 2:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say two men are facing charges stemming from a raid at a Providence social club.
- Fewer Rhode Island households struggle to afford food Updated: Nov-23-15 12:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - One in eight Rhode Island households cannot afford three meals a day for everyone living in the home, but officials say that rate of food insecurity actually marks the first improvement since 2007.
- Rhode Island man pleads guilty to prostitution charges Updated: Nov-23-15 12:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has pleaded guilty to taking two women from Massachusetts to Rhode Island to engage in prostitution and paying them in heroin.
- RI tax administrator helps launch data protection effort Updated: Nov-22-15 3:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's tax administrator has joined with other officials and tax industry representatives to launch a new effort to encourage people to protect their personal and financial data.