- Facility being built at Rhode Island university collapses Updated: Sep-01-15 10:55 am
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - An athletic building under construction at a private university collapsed Tuesday, injuring six construction workers and leaving crumpled steel strewn across the site.
- Officials identify couple dead in apparent murder-suicide Updated: Sep-01-15 3:35 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials have identified a Providence couple who died in August in what police believe was a murder-suicide.
- Officials: 28 Rhode Island bridges in critical condition Updated: Sep-01-15 3:31 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Transportation has completed its inspection of the state's 230 structurally deficient bridges.
- Stadium opponents rally at waterfront land eyed by PawSox Updated: Aug-31-15 7:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - This land is your land. This land is my land.
- Toymaker sponsors anti-bullying effort in Pawtucket schools Updated: Aug-31-15 11:16 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Pawtucket-based toymaker Hasbro is helping the city's school system tackle bullying.
- Newport teachers plan unfair labor practices complaint Updated: Aug-31-15 7:58 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - An attorney for Newport's public school teachers says the union is filing an unfair labor practice complaint against the school committee with the state.
- Officials: Boat fire near Fox Island under investigation Updated: Aug-31-15 3:28 am
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - Officials are investigating the cause of a boat fire near Fox Island in Rhode Island.
- Officials: Coventry Fire District can't make next payroll Updated: Aug-31-15 3:26 am
COVENTRY, Rhode Island - Officials say the financially distressed Coventry Fire District will not be able to make its payroll- which could lead them to lay off 14 firefighters.
- 'Lonely' tagger to pay for cleanup of Providence graffiti Updated: Aug-30-15 2:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 19-year-old Rhode Island man who acknowledged painting pink-and-white messages about loneliness on Providence buildings has agreed to pay for the cleanup.
- Police: man held after woman stabbed in front of her home Updated: Aug-30-15 12:40 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a 23-year-old homeless man is in custody after a woman was stabbed several times in front of her Providence home.
- Warwick Fire Department awarded nearly $1M in federal grants Updated: Aug-30-15 11:56 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The Warwick Fire Department has been awarded nearly $1 million in federal funding for search and rescue training programs.
- Elections board to stop enforcing aggregate limit for donors Updated: Aug-30-15 10:40 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's Board of Elections says it won't enforce a campaign finance law that a major Republican donor says he intentionally violated to prod the state into acknowledging it's unconstitutional.
- Rhode Island partners with Navy to grow defense businesses Updated: Aug-30-15 9:52 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state is partnering with the Navy to grow businesses working on undersea and naval technologies.
- Police investigate 2 Friday night vehicle crashes in Warwick Updated: Aug-29-15 1:26 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Police in Warwick are investigating two Friday night accidents, including one that injured a motorcyclist and one in which a car struck a house.
- Rhode Island woman seriously hurt when car hits pole, trees Updated: Aug-29-15 1:08 pm
BURRILLVILLE, Rhode Island - Police say a woman has been seriously injured in an overnight car crash in Burrillville.
- URI awarded grant to create writing program for sciences Updated: Aug-29-15 11:22 am
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The University of Rhode Island has been awarded $500,000 to create a writing program for graduate students in the sciences.
- Pet owners warned of spreading canine virus in Rhode Island Updated: Aug-29-15 9:44 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island health officials are warning dog owners that canine parvovirus is spreading around the state.
- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- Judge says records will be unsealed in 38 Studios lawsuit Updated: Aug-28-15 3:10 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - All records will be unsealed in the lawsuit over Rhode Island's failed $75 million deal with ex-Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling's video game company 38 Studios, a judge said Friday.
- Benedictine monk relaxing atop wind turbine spotted by drone Updated: Aug-28-15 2:11 pm
PORTSMOUTH, Rhode Island - A Benedictine monk who works at a private Rhode Island school has discovered that finding solitude is no easy feat, even 175 feet in the air.
- Bristol deputy chief killed in after pickup truck accident Updated: Aug-28-15 1:22 pm
BRISTOL, Rhode Island - Police say Bristol's deputy fire chief is dead after a pickup truck he was driving crossed over several lanes, struck metal fencing and hit a building.
- 4 arrested at alleged Providence brothel Updated: Aug-28-15 8:07 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Four people have been arrested following a raid at what police describe as a brothel in a Providence apartment.
- Police identify man found dead in tent in Bradford Updated: Aug-28-15 5:58 am
BRADFORD, Rhode Island - Police have identified a man who was recently found dead in a tent behind a Washington County home.
- Police: 19-year-old motorcyclist dies in Tiverton crash Updated: Aug-28-15 5:35 am
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - Police say a 19-year-old man has died following a fatal accident involving a sport utility vehicle and a motorcycle in Tiverton.
- AP's Smith wins reporting award for RI political coverage Updated: Aug-27-15 1:57 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Associated Press correspondent Michelle Smith has won a regional journalism award for distinctive coverage of Rhode Island politics.