- Raimondo: Clinton should talk about the issues, not emails Updated: Oct-13-15 5:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo says that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton needs to talk about the issues instead of her private email server.
- Gas prices up 1 cent per gallon in Rhode Island Updated: Oct-13-15 1:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The price of gas in Rhode Island has increased, but remains lower than the national average.
- Police: South Kingstown woman missing in California Updated: Oct-13-15 1:28 pm
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - A search is underway in California for a 23-year-old college student from Rhode Island who has been missing for more than a week.
- State orders company to pay $331K in back wages, penalties Updated: Oct-13-15 12:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training has ordered a flooring company to pay $331,000 in back wages, civil penalties and interest.
- 800-pound Rhode Island man says he's determined to slim down Updated: Oct-13-15 8:55 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man who weighs nearly 800 pounds says he's determined to slim down and he dreams of becoming an actor one day.
- Officials: 10 megawatt solar farm proposed in Cranston Updated: Oct-13-15 3:23 am
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Officials say a 10 megawatt solar farm has been proposed for an agricultural tract in Cranston that would be the most powerful in the state.
- Ex-nightclub worker says officer brutalized her, sues Updated: Oct-13-15 3:21 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former member of the security staff at a shuttered Providence nightclub has filed suit alleging she was brutalized by officers.
- 2 rescued from burning sailboat off Rhode Island Updated: Oct-12-15 8:49 pm
LITTLE COMPTON, Rhode Island - Two people who abandoned a burning sailboat off Rhode Island have been rescued.
- Town considering cracking down on out-of-town students Updated: Oct-12-15 1:57 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island mayor wants to recoup the money his town is spending to educate students from neighboring communities who are illegally enrolled.
- Former cop leads 'blacklivesmatter' coffee cup protest Updated: Oct-12-15 12:51 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The appearance of a "blacklivesmatter" hashtag on a police officer's coffee cup prompted a small protest outside a Rhode Island Dunkin' Donuts.
- House speaker no longer plans on calling for fall session Updated: Oct-12-15 11:34 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello says he no longer plans to call for a special fall legislative session.
- DCYF in talks with nonprofit to recoup nearly $500K Updated: Oct-12-15 11:33 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families is seeking to recoup almost $500,000 from the Center for Southeast Asians.
- Lottery payments to state up during latest fiscal year Updated: Oct-12-15 8:06 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Lottery transferred almost $382 million to the general fund during the latest fiscal year, $5.6 million more than the prior year.
- Providence lounge temporarily closed after double shooting Updated: Oct-12-15 3:50 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - City officials have temporarily shut down a Providence nightclub after two men were shot.
- Courts, police remain overwhelmingly white in Rhode Island Updated: Oct-11-15 3:58 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - If you're arrested in Rhode Island, chances are you'll be locked up by a white officer, stand before a white judge and have the case argued by white lawyers.
- New Providence task force to prevent summer learning loss Updated: Oct-11-15 9:58 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza has created a task force to come up with ways to prevent students from losing academic skills over summer vacation.
- Treasurer offers incentive for opening college savings plan Updated: Oct-10-15 5:10 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's General Treasurer is offering an incentive to Rhode Islanders who open a college savings plan this month.
- Rhode Islander beats record with pumpkin at more than 1 ton Updated: Oct-10-15 4:46 pm
WARREN, Rhode Island - A determined Rhode Island pumpkin grower is showing off another giant gourd.
- Rhode Island shuts out Delaware 20-0 Updated: Oct-10-15 3:51 pm
KINGSTON, Rhode Island - Harold Cooper ran for a career-best 123 yards and a touchdown and Rhode Island picked up its first victory of the season with a 20-0 win over Delaware on Saturday.
- Flu vaccine now available for free in Rhode Island schools Updated: Oct-10-15 3:09 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Health has launched a statewide effort to make the flu vaccine available for free in schools.
- Good summer weather cited for helping drive up beach revenue Updated: Oct-10-15 11:03 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Warm weather brought beachgoers out this summer, helping to boost parking revenue at Rhode Island's beaches.
- Providence mayor: 'Greed' behind firefighter union challenge Updated: Oct-09-15 8:41 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza and the firefighters union are turning up the volume in their dispute over the mayor's effort to change firefighters' work schedules.
- Police investigate edible marijuana distribution at school Updated: Oct-09-15 8:13 pm
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - Police are investigating after students became sick at a South Kingstown private school where edible marijuana was distributed.
- Jury finds Providence man guilty of fatal drive-by shooting Updated: Oct-09-15 4:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been found guilty of murder in a drive-by shooting in the city.
- Rhode Island 'health equity zone' takes holistic view Updated: Oct-09-15 4:26 pm
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - Rhode Island officials are launching a community-based program aimed at reducing disparities in health among different racial, ethnic and socioeconomics groups.