- Fairleigh Dickinson holds share of first, tops Bryant 91-77 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:32 pm
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - Mike Holloway scored 20 points and Fairleigh Dickinson maintained its share of first place in the Northeast Conference by beating Bryant, 91-77 on Thursday night.
- Bishop: First Syrian refugees arrive in Rhode Island Updated: Feb-11-16 8:16 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Members of a Syrian family who traveled to Rhode Island on Thursday night are believed to be the first refugees from the war-torn country to arrive in the state, religious leaders said.
- Rhode Island governor signs truck toll bill Updated: Feb-11-16 7:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo signed into law on Thursday a bill that will impose a toll on big-rig trucks traveling highways through Rhode Island, culminating an eight-month debate that captivated the nation's smallest state and infuriated its truckers.
- Medical pot advocates oppose proposed Rhode Island plant tax Updated: Feb-11-16 3:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Medical marijuana advocates are opposing an annual $350-per-plant fee that Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo wants to impose on some growers as part of her budget plan.
- Rhode Island stripper, suspected bank robber, arrested Updated: Feb-11-16 12:12 pm
ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts - Police have arrested a stripper in connection with a bank robbery in Rhode Island as she was lying in a Massachusetts motel room bed with cash possibly linked to the holdup.
- Anti-submarine exercise torpedoes being tested off SC coast Updated: Feb-11-16 4:16 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Navy will test new lightweight exercise torpedoes off the South Carolina coast during the coming days.
- Police: Hospital didn't cooperate when assault was reported Updated: Feb-11-16 4:13 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police say Rhode Island Hospital wouldn't cooperate with a criminal investigation for several days after a patient claimed a nursing assistant sexually assaulted her.
- Lucchino: PawSox to consider upgrades to McCoy Stadium Updated: Feb-10-16 3:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - PawSox Chairman Larry Lucchino says the team is considering improvements to McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket.
- Auto imports up for sixth year in a row at Rhode Island port Updated: Feb-10-16 1:42 pm
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo says the Port of Davisville had another record-breaking year in 2015 for automobile imports, the sixth consecutive year of increases.
- Data: Preventable ER visits cost about $90 million a year Updated: Feb-10-16 12:57 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - A state agency says a new report shows potentially preventable emergency room visits cost Rhode Islanders about $90 million a year.
- Providence police to stop enforcing anti-panhandling law Updated: Feb-10-16 6:50 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police in Providence plan to stop enforcing an anti-panhandling ordinance that opponents say has led to the harassment of homeless people.
- Police union votes no confidence in acting chief Updated: Feb-10-16 4:48 am
NORTH PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The North Providence police union has announced a vote of no confidence in the acting police chief amid frustrations with leadership in the department.
- McGlynn scores 25; Rhode Island beats George Mason 81-63 Updated: Feb-09-16 9:49 pm
KINGSTON, Rhode Island - Four McGlynn hit six 3-pointers and finished with 25 points to help Rhode Island beat George Mason 81-63 Tuesday night.
- DEM probing claims oil was dumped at lawmaker's property Updated: Feb-09-16 3:57 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The Department of Environmental Management is investigating allegations that oil was dumped at a rental property owned by Rep. Joe Trillo.
- Officials: Massachusetts man imported dogs into Rhode Island Updated: Feb-09-16 2:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Massachusetts man has been arrested for illegally importing dogs into Rhode Island.
- Overdose medication available at lower cost in Rhode Island Updated: Feb-09-16 1:03 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A life-saving drug used to reverse opioid overdoses is now available to Rhode Island schools, law enforcement agencies and other non-federal government and community agencies at a reduced price.
- CVS meets 4Q profit forecasts, reaffirms 2016 outlook Updated: Feb-09-16 11:47 am
Acquisitions helped CVS Health's fourth-quarter profit climb 13 percent, and leaders of the drugstore operator and pharmacy benefits manager said Tuesday that they expect to reap more gains from their deal making later this year.
- Police: 80 crashes reported across southern New England Updated: Feb-09-16 6:54 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Authorities say about 80 crashes were reported across southern New England as the snowstorm created difficult driving conditions on the roadways.
- Police: Man killed in rollover crash in Coventry Updated: Feb-09-16 6:51 am
COVENTRY, Rhode Island - Police say a man was killed in a rollover crash in Coventry.
- The Latest: Former Mayor Buddy Cianci laid to rest Updated: Feb-08-16 4:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on Buddy Cianci, the wisecracking politician who led the city of Providence during a turbulent and troubled six terms as mayor, being laid to rest (all times local):
- Rhode Island police trace 'robocall' bomb threats to Russia Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a string of bomb threats that targeted schools in three Rhode Island communities left an electronic trail leading to Russia.
- House Finance Chairman fined for misreported contributions Updated: Feb-08-16 3:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Board of Elections has fined House Finance Chairman Raymond Gallison for misreporting $18,850 in campaign contributions.
- Providence says goodbye to colorful ex-Mayor Buddy Cianci Updated: Feb-08-16 3:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence said goodbye on Monday to former Mayor Buddy Cianci, the wisecracking king of one-liners who led the city during a turbulent and troubled six terms.
- Rhode Island gas prices fall for tenth consecutive week Updated: Feb-08-16 2:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gas prices in Rhode Island have fallen for the tenth consecutive week to the lowest price in seven years.
- "Star Wars" and other movie toys give Hasbro a boost Updated: Feb-08-16 11:18 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Hollywood gets the top billing in Hasbro's star performance over the critical holiday season.