- Roundup of Arkansas editorials Updated: Apr-22-14 9:05 am
- Ferry stops service on Mississippi River Updated: Apr-18-14 12:40 pm
- Land acquired for Comite River canal project Updated: Apr-17-14 10:07 am
- Sweet Olive declared a nuisance Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 am
- Corps disagrees with mayor on riverfront project Updated: Apr-16-14 9:24 am
- Davenport expects minor Mississippi flooding Updated: Apr-15-14 4:46 pm
- Railroad bridge across Mississippi River reopens Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Recovery to begin for sunken barge in Miss. River Updated: Apr-15-14 3:17 am
- Miss. River bridge not at traffic projections Updated: Apr-14-14 7:57 pm
- La Sports Hall of Fame: New building famous, too Updated: Apr-14-14 6:55 pm
- No criminal charges in river crash that killed 4 Updated: Apr-14-14 1:11 pm
- LSU students spend spring break restoring wetlands Updated: Apr-11-14 8:50 am
- Coast Guard ends search for 2 men in Miss. River Updated: Apr-10-14 8:23 pm
- Woman's body found in river in St. James Parish Updated: Apr-10-14 7:10 pm
- Edisto, Haw rivers considered endangered Updated: Apr-09-14 9:13 am
- Backers of ferry on Mississippi River seek OK Updated: Apr-08-14 7:22 pm
- Authorities say barge hits bridge in eastern Iowa Updated: Apr-08-14 4:20 pm
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Apr-08-14 2:28 pm
- Architects chosen for downtown Water Campus Updated: Apr-08-14 10:02 am
- Search of Mississippi continues for missing man Updated: Apr-07-14 8:32 pm
- 3 rescued from ice on Mississippi River Updated: Apr-03-14 10:30 am
- Michigan attorney general wants action on carp Updated: Apr-01-14 10:01 am
- 2 dead in Mississippi River bridge crash Updated: Mar-30-14 6:16 pm
- Authorities ID man found in Mississippi River Updated: Mar-29-14 1:58 pm
- Harrah's casino announces it will close in Tunica Updated: Mar-26-14 9:34 pm
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
MEYER, Illinois - A farm cooperative has shut down a ferry service that shuttled agricultural products and other goods across the Mississippi River between western Illinois and eastern Missouri.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 66-acre tract along U.S. 61 has been acquired for the long-awaited Comite River Diversion Canal project.
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The fate of the Sweet Olive, which took tourists on tours of the Mississippi River for nine years, is in the hands of Mack Varner, Vicksburg's Community Court judge.
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A riverfront project for which the City of Natchez is hoping to enlist help of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to "complete" was finished nearly 20 years ago, a Corps spokesman said.
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Heavy weekend rains are expected to swell the Mississippi River in Davenport to just above flood stage, but no serious problems are expected.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Officials say a railroad bridge spanning the Mississippi River has reopened after it was closed when a barge struck it.
HICKMAN, Arkansas - Salvage operations for a barge that overturned and sank last week in the Mississippi River in northeast Arkansas are expected to begin.
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Traffic isn't at projected levels on a new Interstate 70 bridge crossing the Mississippi River between Illinois and St. Louis, according to numbers released Monday by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - A river runs through the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame and Northwest Louisiana History Museum.
WINONA, Minnesota - Winona County law enforcement officials say no criminal charges will be filed as a result of a Mississippi River crash that killed four people.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the sixth consecutive year, Andy Nyman, LSU associate professor of wetland wildlife management, and his service-learning students plan to spend spring break differently from those students flooding the beaches of Florida.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Authorities on Thursday called off the search for two men who fell off a Mississippi River barge that overturned in northeastern Arkansas earlier this week, saying both are presumed to have been killed.
CONVENT, Louisiana - An unidentified woman's body has been pulled from the Mississippi River near the Convent Marine Terminal.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Two rivers in the Carolinas have been placed on a national conservation group's list of the nation's 10 most endangered waterways.
MONTROSE, Iowa - Supporters of a ferry that would go back and forth between Iowa and Illinois say they're waiting for approval from the U.S. Coast Guard.
SABULA, Iowa - Authorities say a Mississippi River barge has hit a railroad bridge in eastern Iowa, but there are no reports of injuries.
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Coleman Partners and global architecture firm Perkins+Will have been chosen to design the first building on the new Water Campus between downtown Baton Rouge and LSU.
RAMSEY, Minnesota - The parents of a Ramsey man missing after his Hummer plunged into the Mississippi River face an agonizing wait on the banks of the waterway as crews search for their son.
BRAINERD, Minnesota - Firefighters scaled a steep embankment in Brainerd to rescue three young men from a floating chunk of ice on the Mississippi River.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette (SHOO'-tee) has filed a protest to the federal government's latest report on ways to stop a Great Lakes invasion of Asian carp.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police say a 38-year-old Baton Rouge man is accused of killing two people and injuring three by driving while drunk.
KEOKUK, Iowa - Authorities have identified the body of a man pulled in the Mississippi River as that of a 45-year-old Muscatine man.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The long decline of what was once the nation's third-largest casino market was underlined Wednesday when the largest casino in Mississippi's Tunica County announced it would close.