- Mississippi River bridge at St. Louis to reopen next month Updated: Nov-25-15 5:05 am
ST. LOUIS - A key St. Louis bridge across the Mississippi River is scheduled to reopen next month after being closed for upgrades since the summer.
- Blue crab found in Mississippi River in Missouri Updated: Nov-20-15 10:32 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Scientists studying the Mississippi River got quite a surprise recently - a male blue crab.
- Gulfport aquarium design team moving forward with plans Updated: Nov-18-15 10:28 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The team hired to design a waterfront aquarium are in Gulfport this week to discuss plans.
- Ground broken on new Water Institute in Baton Rouge Updated: Nov-14-15 4:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Officials have broken ground on a three-story research and conference center dedicated to water studies.
- Louisiana official: Army Corps needs big-scale coastal plan Updated: Nov-13-15 2:16 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A top Louisiana coastal official says the federal government's lack of an over-arching plan on how to fight land loss in Louisiana is wasting money that could be spent on fixing the state's problems.
- Families' flood buyouts on hold due to Illinois budget mess Updated: Nov-11-15 2:26 pm
OLIVE BRANCH, Illinois - After the Mississippi River flooded four years ago, more than 100 Illinois families agreed - some reluctantly - to sell their homes to the government for demolition so they could move to higher ground.
- The Latest: Residents allowed home after CP train derailment Updated: Nov-09-15 8:43 pm
WATERTOWN, Wisconsin - The latest developments following the derailments of two trains that spilled loads in Wisconsin this past weekend (all times local):
- Scientists studying rare salamander in Mississippi River Updated: Nov-08-15 5:18 pm
GURRENBERG, Iowa - One fortunate byproduct of a 2008 train derailment is that scientists are gaining a better understanding of a rare salamander species that lives in the Mississippi River.
- USDA invests $30M to improve Mississippi River Basin Updated: Nov-04-15 6:27 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service will invest $30 million in 33 new projects and 40 existing ones to improve the Mississippi River Basin's water quality.
- Wetland restoration aims to help clean up Clearwater Chain Updated: Oct-28-15 8:34 pm
KIMBALL, Minnesota - The Clearwater River squiggled toward Minnesota Highway 15, where Dennis Loewen perched on the rim of a box culvert midway down the embankment, lowering a modified snow rake into sluggish, chocolatey water.
- The Latest on St. Louis' iconic Gateway Arch turning 50 Updated: Oct-28-15 2:16 pm
ST. LOUIS - Here are the latest developments in St. Louis' celebration of the Gateway Arch turning 50 (all times local):
- Lafourche's oil spill money to go to coastal restoration Updated: Oct-28-15 10:23 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish has moved one step closer to spending $1.3 million in Restore Act money on five coastal restoration projects.