- Lightning hits tree, breaks windows at school Updated: Apr-24-14 3:23 pm
- Auto parts supplier opening plant near Kansas City Updated: Apr-24-14 2:35 pm
- Topeka parents, students react to Obama changes Updated: Apr-24-14 12:41 pm
- Missouri House roll call on criminal code bill Updated: Apr-24-14 12:40 pm
- Manufacturing plant to expand in Manhattan Updated: Apr-24-14 12:28 pm
- Cross appears in court, hearing delayed until May Updated: Apr-24-14 12:19 pm
- Police chase in western Kansas ends in shooting Updated: Apr-24-14 12:11 pm
- Moving day for animals at Pittsburg State Updated: Apr-24-14 11:44 am
- Strong winds cause minor damage in Saline County Updated: Apr-24-14 11:38 am
- Kansas man lost in WWII finally laid to rest Updated: Apr-24-14 10:58 am
- Cancer camp for children finds summer home Updated: Apr-24-14 7:31 am
- Recycling plant fire burns nearly 7 tons of trash Updated: Apr-24-14 7:20 am
- 3 international officers join Army college hall Updated: Apr-24-14 5:06 am
- Kansas man gets 5 years for trying to rob bank Updated: Apr-24-14 5:05 am
- Teacher protest greets Brownback in western Kansas Updated: Apr-24-14 5:04 am
- Topeka man pleads guilty to 2013 homicide Updated: Apr-23-14 8:01 pm
- Kansas joining compact against federal health law Updated: Apr-23-14 7:47 pm
- Soldier convicted in WikiLeaks case gets new name Updated: Apr-23-14 5:34 pm
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns Updated: Apr-23-14 5:16 pm
- Aerospace firm chooses site for new Kansas plant Updated: Apr-23-14 5:13 pm
- Salina boy accused of playground knife threat Updated: Apr-23-14 3:38 pm
- JJ's reopening across the street from former site Updated: Apr-23-14 1:44 pm
- Textron eliminating 750 Cessna, Beechcraft jobs Updated: Apr-23-14 12:13 pm
- McConnell base gets final OK for refueling tankers Updated: Apr-23-14 10:11 am
- Kingman voters extend city sales tax Updated: Apr-23-14 7:52 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Crews are cleaning up at a Wichita elementary school where a lightning strike left windows shattered in several classrooms.
RIVERSIDE, Missouri - A subsidiary of a Canadian automotive supplier is building a new manufacturing plant in the Kansas City area.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Topeka students and parents are pleased with news that first lady Michelle Obama has changed her plans to speak to high school graduates in northeast Kansas.
The 140-15 roll call vote Thursday by which the Missouri House passed legislation rewriting the state's criminal laws.
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A manufacturing company is planning a $7 million capital investment in its Manhattan plant, which is expected to create 100 new jobs.
OLATHE, Kansas - A 73-year-old white supremacist from Missouri accused of fatally shooting three people at Jewish sites in Kansas appeared in court long enough for his attorney to request a scheduling conference be pushed back a month.
COLBY, Kansas - The Kansas Bureau of Investigation says it is investigating after a trooper shot a man during a vehicle chase.
PITTSBURG, Kansas - They didn't all go two-by-two, and the person in charge wasn't named Noah, but nonetheless, critters of all shapes and sizes were on the move Wednesday.
SALINA, Kansas - High winds that roared through central Kansas caused minor damage and power outages and prompted officials to extend a burn ban for at least three more days.
LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - A Topeka man whose plane went down during World War II has finally been laid to rest in his native state.
GREAT BEND, Kansas - A camp for children with cancer will be held this summer, even after a fire closed the site where it had been held for more than 30 years.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Firefighters spent hours trying to contain a blaze at a recycling facility in Kansas City, Kansas
FORT LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - Three military officers have been chosen for induction into the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College International Hall of Fame at Fort Leavenworth.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas man whose attempt to rob a northwest Missouri bank was thwarted when a bank employee shot him in the face has been sentenced to five years without parole.
HAYS, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback has been met on a trip to western Kansas by public school teachers and retired teachers protesting a new state law eliminating tenure.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas man already sentenced to more than 80 years in prison in Nebraska has admitted killing one person and wounding another in Topeka.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas is joining a proposed compact with other states that hope to exempt themselves from the federal health care overhaul, and Republican Gov. Sam Brownback on Wednesday rejected criticism that the move will jeopardize seniors' benefits.
LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - An Army private convicted of providing classified documents to WikiLeaks won an initial victory Wednesday toward living as a woman when a Kansas judge granted a petition to change her name to Chelsea Elizabeth Manning.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas will strip cities and counties of their power to regulate guns and nullify local gun regulations in July, ensuring it will be legal across the state to openly carry firearms and adding to a string of victories in recent years by gun-rights advocates.
NEWTON, Kansas - A Wichita-based aerospace company has chosen the suburb of Newton as the new home of its chemical subsidiary.
SALINA, Kansas - An 11-year-old Salina boy is in legal trouble after a group of children told police he threatened them with a knife.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - An upscale Kansas City restaurant leveled last year by a gas explosion that killed one worker and injured several others plans will reopen this summer across the street from its previous site, owners announced Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Just over a month after buying Beechcraft for $1.4 billion, Textron announced 750 job cuts at that company and at its Cessna division.
WICHITA, Kansas - The U.S. Air Force has given final approval to McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita as the home of the new KC-46A air refueling tanker, according to Kansas congressmen.
KINGMAN, Kansas - Kingman residents easily approved the extension of a 1 percent city sales tax.