- Jury to weigh death sentence for man in Jewish site killings Updated: Sep-01-15 12:31 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Jurors who convicted a white supremacist of killing three people at Jewish sites in suburban Kansas City were set to hear more evidence Tuesday before deciding whether to recommend a death sentence.
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury to weigh death sentence Updated: Sep-01-15 12:20 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - The latest on the sentencing of a white supremacist convicted of capital murder for the deaths of three people at two Jewish sites in the Kansas City area (all times local):
- Brownback nominee for Kansas commerce secretary withdraws Updated: Sep-01-15 11:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback's nominee for Kansas commerce secretary has withdrawn from consideration for the job over what the governor's office says is potential conflicts of interest.
- Man resentenced in double fatal crash in near Manhattan Updated: Sep-01-15 10:50 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A former Kansas State University student who drove drunk and killed two people in a head-on collision has been resentenced.
- Kansas City police say man's death is homicide Updated: Sep-01-15 8:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police say the death of a 61-year-old man whose body was found in a burning home has been ruled a homicide.
- Kansas State students asked to sign sportsmanship pledge Updated: Sep-01-15 7:53 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State students will have to sign a sportsmanship pledge before they can pick up their tickets for sporting events this year.
- Lawsuit accuses Lawrence hospital of falsifying records Updated: Sep-01-15 7:44 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A former nurse alleges in a lawsuit that a Lawrence hospital falsified records to increase Medicare and Medicaid payments.
- Man gets 24 years in prison for sexual assault in Salina Updated: Sep-01-15 6:59 am
SALINA, Kansas - A man has been sentenced to almost 24 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 22-year-old woman in her Salina home in 2014.
- Report: Kansas crops making progress as fall harvest nears Updated: Sep-01-15 5:07 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The latest government progress report on Kansas crops shows more crops maturing as fall harvest nears.
- Kansas officials await figures on tax collections for August Updated: Sep-01-15 5:06 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas officials will learn soon whether the state's tax collections in August met expectations.
- Kansas State to celebrate Seaton Hall groundbreaking Updated: Sep-01-15 5:05 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State University is planning a groundbreaking ceremony for a $75 million renovation of expansion of a 100-year-old campus building.
- Man convicted for role in Sedgwick County deputy's shooting Updated: Sep-01-15 4:22 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 38-year-old man has been found guilty in the shooting of a Sedgwick County sheriff's deputy in March 2013.
- Insurance Department studying continuing education programs Updated: Aug-31-15 7:01 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Insurance Department is considering whether insurance agents need more training.
- Report: Landlords rent out 23.7M acres of Kansas farmland Updated: Aug-31-15 5:20 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A government survey has found that there are more than 23.7 million acres of farmland rented out by landlords in Kansas.
- Kansas court to decide whether school district can join suit Updated: Aug-31-15 4:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court says it will decide by Sept. 21 whether a suburban Kansas City-area school district can intervene in a lawsuit against the state over school funding.
- Animal health effort in Kansas and Missouri notes 10 years Updated: Aug-31-15 12:32 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Animal Health Corridor that stretches 300 miles in Kansas and Missouri has attracted more than 300 companies in 10 years to do research and develop animal health products, supporters said.
- Kansas man faces likely 20-year sentence for bomb plot Updated: Aug-31-15 11:38 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas man who plotted a suicide bomb attack at a Wichita airport is expected to get 20 years in prison under the terms of a plea deal.
- Tax amnesty for Kansans begins on Tuesday Updated: Aug-31-15 7:40 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansans who owe back taxes to the state should consider paying them in the next few weeks.
- Police: Man threatens officers with screwdriver at hospital Updated: Aug-31-15 4:43 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 35-year-old man has been arrested after authorities say he tried to assault police officers with a screwdriver at a Wichita hospital.
- Police: Human remains found near Kansas River Updated: Aug-31-15 3:43 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police are investigating after skeletal remains were found near the Kansas River in Kansas City.
- Wyatt Earp re-enactor's guns, ammo stolen in Wichita Updated: Aug-30-15 7:16 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wyatt Earp re-enactor is missing guns and ammunition after a thief broke into his car.
- 30-year-old man identified as victim of Perry Lake drowning Updated: Aug-30-15 6:37 pm
OZAWKIE, Kansas - Authorities say a 30-year-old man has drowned at Perry Lake in northeast Kansas.
- Corps' $1.2M river project to help water flow for Salina Updated: Aug-30-15 11:07 am
SALINA, Kansas - A $1.2 million federal project to upgrade a concrete installation in the Smoky Hill River will help ensure that a section of the river will flow into Salina's water supply.
- Man to be sentenced in suicide bomb plot at Kansas airport Updated: Aug-30-15 10:37 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas man's odyssey into terrorism culminated when he tried to bring a van filled with inert explosives onto the tarmac at the Wichita airport where he worked, an attack prosecutors say was aimed at causing "maximum carnage" during which Terry L. Loewen would die as a martyr.
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year Updated: Aug-29-15 3:14 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Five months after a new law for funding public schools took effect in Kansas, legislators and education officials are talking about drafting another one next year.