- Kansas Senate rejects GOP member's attempt to kill tax plan Updated: May-27-15 1:03 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Senate has started a debate over a bill raising taxes to close a projected budget shortfall by rejecting a conservative Republican member's attempt to kill the measure.
- Texas woman sentenced for adoption fraud of Kansas couple Updated: May-27-15 7:46 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Texas woman was sentenced to five years in federal prison for defrauding a Kansas couple in an adoption scheme.
- Westar plans to buy wind power from new plant Updated: May-27-15 7:32 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Westar Energy says it plans to buy energy from a new wind farm to be built in Pratt County.
- Kansas man rescued after becoming trapped in trench Updated: May-27-15 5:29 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man has been rescued after becoming trapped when a trench collapsed on him in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process Updated: May-27-15 5:07 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators have given final approval to a bill that would require cities and towns to get approval from counties before annexing land in some cases.
- Women found passed out in home, baby in protective custody Updated: May-27-15 3:44 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A baby has been placed in protective custody after Wichita police say two women were found passed out in a home.
- Kansas marijuana bill hits roadblock in state Senate Updated: May-26-15 8:05 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A bill that would ease marijuana laws in Kansas has stalled in the state Senate and will likely not be considered further this year after its unexpected approval by the House.
- Body of Kansas man missing 23 years recovered Updated: May-26-15 3:56 pm
PAOLA, Kansas - The disappearance of a Kansas man 23 years ago has been solved after authorities identified a body found last week in a car pulled from a lake near his home.
- Hutchinson women's basketball team under investigation Updated: May-26-15 1:43 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - The Hutchinson Community College women's basketball team is under investigation for alleged improper benefits to players.
- More sites in Kansas to offer free summer meals Updated: May-26-15 10:50 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas will offer free meals for children this summer at 100 more sites than last year, advocates for hungry families said.
- Small plane crash kills 1 in southwestern Kansas Updated: May-26-15 7:13 am
SYRACUSE, Kansas - The Kansas Highway Patrol says a 54-year-old man died when a small plane crashed in southwestern Kansas.
- Kansas man dies in car crash on highway in Oklahoma Updated: May-26-15 4:28 am
PAWNEE, Oklahoma - A Kansas man has died after a car crash on the Cimarron Turnpike east of Pawnee, Oklahoma.
- Security guard attacked by naked man in Wichita Updated: May-26-15 1:23 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A security guard has been hospitalized after being attacked by a nude man in Wichita.
- Crews work to save animals after fire at Kansas pet store Updated: May-25-15 7:59 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Veterinarians and emergency officials worked to save animals after a fire broke out at a Kansas pet store.
- Police say man, 21, fatally shot in KCK Updated: May-25-15 6:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police say a 21-year-old man has been shot and killed in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Rough weather hits southwest Kansas, at least 1 tornado Updated: May-25-15 4:23 pm
DODGE CITY, Kansas - The National Weather Service says a super cell storm swept across western Kansas, spawning at least one tornado.
- Lawrence police investigating fatal stabbing Updated: May-25-15 2:53 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence police are investigating a fatal stabbing.
- Man placed in sex predator program sees it as life sentence Updated: May-25-15 1:21 pm
LARNED, Kansas - Carlos Lively says he may be confined by the state of Kansas for the rest of his life, even though he completed a prison sentence for a sex offense nine years ago.
- Kansas state hospitals face staffing shortages Updated: May-25-15 12:14 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - State hospitals in Kansas face persistent staffing shortages, and one facility recently posted a 40 percent staff vacancy rate, according to the agency that oversees the facilities.
- Jack Beckman beats John Force in Funny Car final Updated: May-24-15 11:23 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Funny Car racer Jack Beckman finished off a record-setting weekend in the NHRA Kansas Nationals with a final-round victory over John Force on Sunday at Heartland Park Topeka.
- Kansas City, Kansas, police caught posing with rifles Updated: May-24-15 6:28 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Kansas City, Kansas, police department says it's investigating after photos surfaced of two officers posing with their rifles in front of a vandalized stop sign.
- Ailing boy gets wish come true at Parachute ranch Updated: May-24-15 3:21 pm
PARACHUTE, Colorado - Beaming with a nervous and wide grin - the sort of uncontrollable grin that accompanies living one's dream - Bradley Skinner mounted his horse, Kansas, for the first time earlier this month. Grasping the reins as tightly as his hardened hands would allow, the two traveled alongside renowned horse trainer John Lyons at his sprawling facility in Parachute. It was a moment he will never forget.
- Steady rain swelling Missouri, Kansas streams, rivers Updated: May-24-15 3:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Heavy storms across Missouri and Kansas have been pushing streams and rivers out of their banks, and forecasters say more rain is likely this week.
- 4 killed in 2 separate Kansas accidents Updated: May-24-15 2:25 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Four people have died in traffic accidents in Kansas during the holiday weekend.
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher Updated: May-24-15 1:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A small bird that's typically found hundreds of miles away in Mexico and South America apparently made its way to western Kansas, watchers say, giving the Sunflower State a couple of possible firsts in the birding world.