- Miege beat Andover Central 68-12 for Class 4A-I title Updated: Nov-28-15 8:50 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Halfback Dawson Downing rushed for 231 yards and six touchdowns as Bishop Miege beat Andover Central 68-12 for the Class 4A-I Championship on Saturday.
- Jayhawks conclude winless season with 45-14 loss to K-State Updated: Nov-28-15 8:31 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - David Beaty arrived at Kansas confident he could turn things around if his team was smarter than its opponent, won the turnover battles and dominated on special teams.
- K-State special teams send Wildcats to 45-14 win over Kansas Updated: Nov-28-15 8:27 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Being a Kansas kid, quarterback Joe Hubener put a little extra emphasis on leading Kansas State past the rival Jayhawks in the annual Sunflower Showdown on Saturday.
- Phillipsburg beats Troy 30-29 for Class 2-1A football title Updated: Nov-28-15 7:48 pm
HAYS, Kansas - Sophomore running back Kirk Coomes rushed for 243 yards and four touchdowns as Phillipsburg beat Troy 30-29 for the Class 2-1A football championship on Saturday.
- Holcomb beat Holton 21-0 for Class 4A-II championship Updated: Nov-28-15 7:20 pm
SALINA, Kansas - Senior quarterback Trey Teeter passed for 150 yards and two touchdowns as Holcomb beat Holton 21-0 for its first Class 4A-II championship on Saturday.
- Mill Valley beat Bishop Carroll 35-14 for Class 5A title Updated: Nov-28-15 6:41 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Quarterback Logan Koch rushed for three touchdowns and passed for another as Mill Valley beat Bishop Carroll 35-14 for the Class 5A football championship Saturday.
- More deaths blamed on wintry storm moving through central US Updated: Nov-28-15 6:30 pm
DALLAS - A slow-moving wintry storm system that has been blamed for more than a dozen deaths began moving eastward out of Texas on Saturday but kept coating some states to the north in ice, making driving dangerous.
- Rossville beats Wichita Collegiate 20-19 for Class 3A title Updated: Nov-28-15 5:53 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Senior quarterback Tucker Horak rushed for 150 yards and three touchdowns as Rossville came from behind to beat Wichita Collegiate 20-19 for the Class 3A football championship on Saturday.
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas Updated: Nov-28-15 4:31 pm
ANDOVER, Kansas - Authorities in Kansas are blaming four more traffic deaths in the Wichita area on the icy conditions gripping the state and other parts of the nation's midsection.
- The Latest: Wintry storm blamed for 4 more Kansas deaths Updated: Nov-28-15 2:41 pm
The latest on a band of storms causing wintry conditions in the nation's midsection (all times local):
- Hogs, residents compete for Kansas county's water supply Updated: Nov-28-15 2:01 pm
TRIBUNE, Kansas - Only 1,200 people live in Kansas' smallest county, where using irrigation to quench thirsty crops is no longer an option for many because the water source underneath this flat, arid prairie is nearly exhausted due to decades of overuse.
- Kansas man charged with abuse after human remains found Updated: Nov-27-15 7:09 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas City, Kansas, man was charged Friday with child abuse after police responded to an armed disturbance that led them to discover human remains at a barn on his property.
- How Black Friday played out around the country Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- Annual Lawrence Santa rescue rescheduled because of weather Updated: Nov-27-15 4:13 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - An annual Lawrence holiday tradition will be rescheduled because of a winter storm.
- Authorities investigating after man robs Wichita bank Updated: Nov-27-15 2:14 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Authorities are investigating a bank robbery in Wichita.
- Menard proposes 100-job facility in Lawrence Updated: Nov-27-15 12:54 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The home improvement retailer Menard Inc. is proposing a $25 million distribution center and manufacturing facility in Lawrence.
- Topeka promoters seek new audience Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The brief encounter happened some 20 years ago, but it remains fresh in Larry Farmer's mind today.
- Judge, state differ on judicial selection in Kansas Updated: Nov-27-15 11:50 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A new law changing how judges are selected in Kansas is unconstitutional, according to recent court filings by attorneys for a Kansas judge contesting the law.
- Pittsburg State exchanges land with city Updated: Nov-27-15 10:35 am
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Pittsburg State University and the City of Pittsburg have formalized a deal to exchange about 100 acres of land.
- 2 tiger brothers go on display at Manhattan zoo Updated: Nov-26-15 6:45 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - The zoo in Manhattan has two new stripped additions.
- Number of homeless without shelter rising in Wichita Updated: Nov-26-15 6:21 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - More homeless people are without a place to sleep in Wichita.
- Governor's Christmas tree arrives at Cedar Crest Updated: Nov-26-15 3:21 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The governor's Christmas tree has arrived at Cedar Crest on a horse-drawn coach.
- New minivan service debuts in western Kansas Updated: Nov-26-15 12:27 pm
CIMARRON, Kansas - A western Kansas county has a new transportation service organized to help residents get to appointments, visit friends or collect their groceries.
- Law allowing guns on campus sparks discussion among students Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - University students in Kansas are starting to talk about a day in the not-too-distant future when anyone over 21 who legally owns a gun will be allowed to carry it onto campuses.
- Santa arrives in downtown Lawrence Friday night Updated: Nov-26-15 5:00 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Santa Claus is preparing to make his annual holiday appearance on a downtown Lawrence rooftop.