- Beef processing company expanding in Kan. Updated: Dec-09-13 8:20 pm
- Mo. Gov.: Good time to monitor ed. chief concerns Updated: Dec-09-13 8:07 pm
- Search called off for missing KU student from Peru Updated: Dec-09-13 7:43 pm
- KBI's deputy director no longer with agency Updated: Dec-09-13 4:53 pm
- No. 19 Florida's Wilbekin, Hill back vs. No. 13 KU Updated: Dec-09-13 4:42 pm
- Kan. prosecutors to seek Hard 50 in meth death Updated: Dec-09-13 4:17 pm
- Kansas Supreme Court hears 'Hard 50' appeal Updated: Dec-09-13 4:15 pm
- Kansas funds tobacco prevention at lower rate Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 pm
- OSHA cites Rail Car Services for violations Updated: Dec-09-13 2:51 pm
- Elderly man dies in Wichita fire Updated: Dec-09-13 1:50 pm
- SE Kan. superintendent criticizes reading program Updated: Dec-09-13 1:11 pm
- KCC chairman submits resignation Updated: Dec-09-13 1:07 pm
- Kansas infant mortality rate higher than nation Updated: Dec-09-13 9:50 am
- Topeka high school tests hair for drugs Updated: Dec-09-13 9:47 am
- 5 house fires in KC area blamed on fireplaces Updated: Dec-09-13 7:40 am
- Kan. board to take up school handwriting standards Updated: Dec-09-13 5:07 am
- Kansas State to graduate more than 1,800 students Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 am
- Hutch News wins Missouri-Kansas member honor Updated: Dec-08-13 11:35 pm
- K-State to meet Michigan in the desert Updated: Dec-08-13 9:56 pm
- Emails detail hidden plan for Kansas City district Updated: Dec-08-13 7:43 pm
- Snow, drizzle slicken roads in Kansas, Missouri Updated: Dec-08-13 3:46 pm
- Wichita falconer reunites with golden eagle Updated: Dec-08-13 11:44 am
- Kan. senator, GOP foe squabble on ethics issues Updated: Dec-08-13 11:38 am
- Changes at Jackson Co. juvenile center Updated: Dec-08-13 11:32 am
- Area of Topeka shootings has seen other homicides Updated: Dec-08-13 11:20 am
ARKANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas meat-packing company has announced plans to expand its operation in south-central Kansas.
FULTON, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says it is a good time for the state Board of Education to "monitor and evaluate" concerns raised about Education Commissioner Chris Nicastro.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence police have found a body they believe to be that of a missing 23-year-old University of Kansas student from Peru.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Bureau of Investigation says its third-highest administrator no longer works at the agency.
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida guards Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill have yet to be on the court together this season.
WICHITA, Kansas - Prosecutors intend to seek a Hard 50 sentence in the trial of a 32-year-old Wichita man accused of injecting another man with a lethal dose of meth before dumping his body in a field.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court heard arguments Monday about whether a convicted murderer's minimum 50-year prison term should stand, given recent court-ordered changes to the sentencing law, or whether it should be vacated so that a jury can decide his fate.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Public health groups say Kansas is among the states spending less than recommended on programs to stop people from smoking.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The federal government has proposed $133,000 in fines for Rail Car Services because of repeat health and safety violations at a facility in Kansas City, Kansas
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita fire officials say a space heater plugged into an extension cord is the likely cause of a fire that killed an elderly man.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A plan by Gov. Sam Brownback to divert $12 million in welfare funds to a program aimed at raising fourth-grade reading scores in southeast Kansas doesn't sit well with one school superintendent.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The chairman of the Kansas Corporation Commission has submitted his resignation to Gov. Sam Brownback.
WICHITA, Kansas - Brightly colored chalk covers the sidewalk outside the Burkeys' home in west Wichita.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Catholic high school in Topeka has been randomly testing students' hair to determine if the students have been using drugs.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Officials say at least five house fires in the Kansas City metro area over the weekend were caused by problems with fireplaces.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas State Board of Education members will decide this week whether the state's new handwriting standards will encourage schools to make sure that fifth- and sixth-graders can write legibly in cursive.
MANHATTAN, Kansas - More than 1,800 students will receive their degrees from Kansas State University later this week.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Hutchinson News was named the 2013 David R. Bradley Member of the Year Sunday, honoring both the paper's contributions to The Associated Press cooperative and its efforts to cover the impact of the health care overhaul on Kansans.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Kansas State is headed back to the desert, this time to face Michigan in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Newly released emails show Missouri's top education official has worked behind the scenes to create a statewide district that would operate some of the state's lowest-performing schools.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A fresh round of freezing rain and snow slickened roads across a large swath of Kansas and Missouri on Sunday.
LYONS, Kansas - With wide, long wings, the golden eagle launched itself fast enough to leave Nate Mathews amid a backwash of stirred air.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The campaigns of U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts and the Kansas Republican's primary challenger are sparring publicly over ethics issues, increasing the acrimony in their already contentious race.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Last year's decision to close Jackson County's only secure residential center for juveniles is bringing changes to another juvenile center in the county.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The area near a central Topeka home in which three people were found shot to death has seen four other homicides in a little over six years, and three of the killings remain unsolved.