- Kansas expects C Joel Embiid to play in NCAAs Updated: Mar-10-14 4:12 pm
- Police: Man used 7-year-old son in burglary Updated: Mar-10-14 3:53 pm
- Company plans gas processing plant in Kansas Updated: Mar-10-14 3:42 pm
- Woman shot to death outside Wichita bikers' club Updated: Mar-10-14 3:29 pm
- Kansas lawmakers reviewing school funding ruling Updated: Mar-10-14 3:17 pm
- Iowa State's Melvin Ejim AP Big 12 Player of Year Updated: Mar-10-14 1:45 pm
- Florida, Wichita State stay 1-2 in AP poll Updated: Mar-10-14 12:41 pm
- Woman gets $25,000 fine for selling fake goods Updated: Mar-10-14 12:17 pm
- Meteorologist: Myths no protection from tornadoes Updated: Mar-10-14 10:28 am
- KU students to vote on eliminating athletics fee Updated: Mar-10-14 10:10 am
- Salina facing competition for women's tournament Updated: Mar-10-14 8:39 am
- Kansas considers moving dates of local elections Updated: Mar-10-14 6:50 am
- Ford County removes its no-weapons signs Updated: Mar-10-14 6:14 am
- Women's hoops coach Patterson fired by Kansas St Updated: Mar-09-14 9:18 pm
- Topeka family finally makes it home from Ukraine Updated: Mar-09-14 7:19 pm
- Woman found fatally shot outside Wichita club Updated: Mar-09-14 6:35 pm
- Attorney calls Kansas death penalty discriminatory Updated: Mar-09-14 2:16 pm
- Advocates push oxygen test for Kansas newborns Updated: Mar-09-14 1:32 pm
- Kansas school funding fight far from over Updated: Mar-09-14 1:29 pm
- Kansas family to accept honor for WWII hero Updated: Mar-09-14 1:17 pm
- Big 12 tournament set with Kansas, Oklahoma top 2 Updated: Mar-08-14 8:50 pm
- Kansas Democrats upbeat about governor's race Updated: Mar-08-14 6:26 pm
- Kansas women routed by Baylor in Big 12 quarters Updated: Mar-08-14 6:24 pm
- No. 9 Baylor women rout Kansas in Big 12 quarters Updated: Mar-08-14 6:03 pm
- Body found, police say no foul play suspected Updated: Mar-08-14 5:10 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas coach Bill Self said Monday he expects center Joel Embiid to play in the NCAA tournament.
SALINA, Kansas - A central Kansas man is accused of enlisting an unusual accomplice in a home burglary: his 7-year-old son.
HAVEN, Kansas - A Texas company plans to build a new multimillion-dollar natural gas processing plant in south-central Kansas.
WICHITA, Kansas - Police in Wichita say they're getting little help from witnesses to a fatal shooting outside an after-hours club over the weekend.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A key Kansas legislator said Monday he was ordering the House budget committee to begin work immediately on resolving school funding issues after last week's state Supreme Court ruling and guidance from the attorney general that lawmakers' options were numerous.
Melvin Ejim accomplished much more than just one record-setting game this season. The Iowa State senior forward has a unique top-10 standing in the Big 12.
Florida, which finished an unbeaten season in the Southeastern Conference, and Wichita State, which completed an undefeated regular season, are the top two teams in the AP college basketball poll for the third straight week.
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge spared a Wichita businesswoman from prison on Monday, but imposed a $25,000 fine for selling fake luxury goods.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Weather experts in Kansas say people should not trust in myths to keep them safe during severe weather.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas Student Senate will vote this week on whether to eliminate a fee students have paid to the athletics department for more than 30 years.
SALINA, Kansas - Lubbock, Texas, is challenging Salina for the right to host the national junior college women's basketball tournament, which has been held in the Kansas city for more than 15 years.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas Senate committee plans to review a proposal this week to change the dates of local elections so they occur on the same schedule as legislative and statewide contests.
DODGE CITY, Kansas - Southwest Kansas' Ford County has removed its signage barring concealed weapons in government buildings.
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State has fired women's basketball coach Deb Patterson, announcing the move two days after an opening-round loss in the Big 12 tournament.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas couple and their four newly adopted children have made it home after a month in Ukraine, where they were stranded amid violence and civil unrest.
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita police are investigating the death of a 23-year-old woman who was found responsive after officers responded to a report of someone being trampled outside a private club.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A lawyer for a Kansas man convicted in 2005 of killing two women and trying to kill a third says his client's case should be dismissed because the state's death penalty is racially discriminatory.
OLATHE, Kansas - The Kansas chapter of the American Heart Association claims state health officials aren't acting quickly enough to require a screening test that could save newborn babies' lives.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has settled some immediate issues over public school funding, but it left for another day the biggest issue - how much more money, if any, legislators must spend on education.
FORT SCOTT, Kansas - Nearly 70 years after Nebraska-born soldier Donald Schwab knocked out a German machine gun position on a French battlefield, his descendants are heading to the White House this month to accept the Medal of Honor on his behalf.
The Big 12 tournament bracket is set, with Oklahoma clinching the No. 2 seed behind regular-season champion Kansas.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Democrats said Saturday that a day-old school funding ruling from the state's highest court will help their chances of unseating Republican Gov. Sam Brownback this year as Democratic challenger Paul Davis makes education spending the cornerstone issue of his campaign.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Kansas couldn't duplicate the magic from its biggest win of the season.
OKLAHOMA CITY - It didn't take long for Baylor to establish that this meeting with Kansas would be much different than the previous one.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence police say they don't suspect foul play in the death of a 44-year-old Lawrence man whose body was found near the Kansas River.