- Police: Decatur man shot dead, 4 injured at club Updated: May-25-15 3:52 pm
DECATUR, Illinois - Police say a man was killed in a shooting at a Decatur club that left four others injured.
- EXCHANGE: Student interns solve problems for businesses Updated: May-15-15 6:22 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Memories are often stirred to life by music, and for those with Alzheimer's or dementia, the music of their youth can part the mists.
- EXCHANGE: Retired doctor uses LEGOs to build castle Updated: May-12-15 8:31 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Retired Decatur dermatologist Dr. Robert Carney Jr. has a love for castles that's always been more than skin deep.
- Illinois to begin studies of Midwest Inland Port in Decatur Updated: May-11-15 4:30 pm
DECATUR, Illinois - Two studies that the state of Illinois is funding to further develop the Midwest Inland Port in Decatur are moving forward.
- EXCHANGE: CAT course an eye-opener for high schoolers Updated: May-10-15 11:16 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Eisenhower High School students found out during spring break that there's a lot more to Caterpillar Inc. than meets the eye.
- Macon County coalition marks decline in teen births Updated: May-08-15 4:05 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Health advocates in central Illinois are celebrating a decline in births to teenage mothers in Macon County.
- ADM 1Q profit rises on agriculture, oilseeds gains Updated: May-05-15 9:25 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Archer Daniels Midland Co. (ADM) said Tuesday its net income climbed in the first quarter on better results from its agricultural services and oilseeds businesses and the flavors business it bought in 2014.
- Caterpillar to lay off 150 workers at its Decatur plant Updated: May-01-15 5:04 pm
DECATUR, Illinois - Caterpillar Inc. is laying off 150 full-time production workers at its Decatur plant in response to weak demand for mining equipment.
- EXCHANGE: Man discovers family predisposed to genetic cancer Updated: May-01-15 8:13 am
DECATUR, Illinois - The Wortmans knew cancer ran in their family, but it wasn't until Cindy Betts was diagnosed with colon cancer at age 48, then stomach cancer and liver cancer each independent of the other that they knew why. A geneticist found she had inherited a rare genetic predisposition from her father for certain cancers called Lynch Syndrome.
- EXCHANGE: Third-graders get a look at farming Updated: Apr-30-15 8:40 am
LOVINGTON, Illinois - Presenters were hoping the experience sticks with the young children taking part in a Moultrie County Farm Bureau tour.
- Forsyth approves plan for disc golf course Updated: Apr-28-15 4:59 am
FORSYTH, Illinois - Forsyth officials are hoping increasing interest in disc golf will pay off in terms of leisure time activities and visitors.
- EXCHANGE: Mercy Garden plants seeds of self-sufficiency Updated: Apr-26-15 10:59 am
DECATUR, Illinois - In nine years of vegetable gardening with her boyfriend, Danielle Aughton never knew the best time to plant Brussels sprouts.