- EXCHANGE: Special ed student heading to college Updated: Jul-04-15 9:41 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Audrey Walker danced with her male counterpart on MacArthur High School's prom court, flashing a megawatt smile at the cameras and looking for all the world like a typical high school girl.
- Farm Progress Show organizers plan $1M expansion in Decatur Updated: Jul-01-15 10:39 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Plans are underway to expand this year's Farm Progress Show in Decatur before it takes place in September.
- EXCHANGE: Young Eagle Flights spark kids' passion for flying Updated: Jul-01-15 6:20 am
DECATUR, Illinois - He's still a few years off from his license, but Landon Francisco proved himself more than capable in the pilot seat of an airplane.
- Central Illinois deputies get life-saving overdose kits Updated: Jul-01-15 4:58 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Sheriff's deputies in Macon County in central Illinois are learning to save lives by administering a medicine that reverses the effects of heroin and other opioid drugs.
- Decatur police, NAACP form response team Updated: Jun-30-15 4:09 am
DECATUR, Illinois - The Decatur Police Department and the local branch of the NAACP say they've put together a response team to help deal with critical situations involving police and the black community in the central Illinois city.
- African American museum to reopen at new location in Decatur Updated: Jun-25-15 3:44 pm
DECATUR, Illinois - The African-American Cultural and Genealogical Society of Illinois Museum is reopening this weekend at its new location in Decatur.
- May unemployment falls in every Illinois metro area Updated: Jun-25-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Department of Employment Security says unemployment rates dropped again during May in all 15 Illinois metro areas. Three of those areas have returned to pre-recession employment levels.
- EXCHANGE: Couple enjoys displaying fishing lure collections Updated: Jun-24-15 8:26 am
STRASBURG, Illinois - Angling lures catch two species: fish and, eventually, fishermen.
- EXCHANGE: Art therapy becomes outlet for the autistic Updated: Jun-19-15 5:05 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Like most parents, Matt and Sharon Sekosky wanted their child to make a positive contribution to society, but as a person with autism and unable to communicate, their son Jarrett was going to have some difficulties.
- EXCHANGE: Woman gets shot at bodybuilding big time Updated: Jun-14-15 10:20 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Autumn Swansen is busy working on a life-long sculpture project: herself.
- EXCHANGE: Third-graders pay visit Millikin Homestead Updated: Jun-09-15 6:32 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Mrs. Millikin was quite particular about the state of her biscuits for Thursday's dinner party.
- Annual Illinois statewide science fair moves to Decatur Updated: Jun-09-15 4:49 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Millikin University in Decatur will host next year's statewide science fair.
- EXCHANGE: Central Park remains heart of Decatur Updated: Jun-07-15 10:34 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Despite major fires, never-ending renovation projects and a changing cast of businesses, Decatur's Central Park has remained a symbolic heart for the community's art and social scene.