- Providence mayor launches center for residents' complaints Updated: Jul-28-15 4:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza has launched a new department to respond to residents' questions and complaints.
- East Providence man bitten by snake released from hospital Updated: Jul-28-15 4:58 am
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An East Providence man who was bit by a venomous copperhead snake outside his home last week says he still isn't afraid of the reptiles.
- Cranston mayor denies interfering with police department Updated: Jul-27-15 8:50 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Cranston Mayor Allan Fung is denying comment by the head of the state police that Fung and his staff have interfered with the city's police department.
- Police: Providence woman charged in murder-for-hire scheme Updated: Jul-27-15 4:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a Providence woman has been arrested for her role in a murder-for-hire scheme involving a Providence police officer's mother.
- Raimondo: economic opportunity still needed for the disabled Updated: Jul-26-15 2:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo says that as the nation celebrates Sunday's 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Rhode Island still needs to focus on expanding economic opportunities for people with disabilities.
- 23-year-old man killed in motorcycle crash in Rhode Island Updated: Jul-26-15 10:08 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a 23-year-old Rhode Island man has died after his motorcycle crashed on Interstate 95 in Providence.
- Dozens rally in Providence against street violence Updated: Jul-25-15 6:05 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Dozens of people have gathered in Providence for a rally against street violence in the city this summer.
- Providence officer suspended over altered gun Updated: Jul-24-15 7:55 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence police officer has been suspended with pay after a gun with an obliterated serial number was found in his bag.
- Police identify suspected shoplifter who died after jump Updated: Jul-23-15 5:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Authorities have identified a suspected shoplifter who died after running from store security and jumping 25 feet off a shopping mall parking garage in Rhode Island.
- Former Providence worker sues city for wrongful termination Updated: Jul-22-15 6:38 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The former director of the Providence's Department of Public Works is suing city officials, including Mayor Jorge Elorza, on allegations that he was let go because he refused to promote or hire unqualified individuals based on ethnicity.
- Minor earthquake rumbles Rhode Island Updated: Jul-22-15 6:29 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A minor earthquake struck Rhode Island in the early morning hours.
- Former Providence tax collector will not receive jail time Updated: Jul-21-15 5:42 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former Providence deputy tax collector who acknowledged manipulating tax records to avoid having his home placed on the city's tax sale list will not serve time in prison.
- Rhode Island capital considering ban on smoking downtown Updated: Jul-21-15 5:41 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new law being mulled in Providence would tell smokers to butt out.
- Cranston bridge reopens; closure prompted call for probe Updated: Jul-21-15 4:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bridge in Cranston reopened to traffic on Tuesday, a month after its closure prompted a call for an investigation by the House speaker.
- Man found guilty of trafficking teen at gentlemen's club Updated: Jul-21-15 4:58 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Boston man has been found guilty of trafficking a teenager and acting as her pimp while she prostituted herself at a gentlemen's club in Rhode Island.
- Retired Family Court judge Jeremiah dies at age of 80 Updated: Jul-20-15 5:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Jeremiah S. Jeremiah Jr., retired chief judge of Rhode Island's Family Court who was honored for innovations during his 24-year tenure, has died at the age of 80.
- City officials open cooling centers, offer tips to stay cool Updated: Jul-20-15 4:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The city of Providence is urging residents to stay safe this summer as temperatures soar.
- Diocese of Providence 'very concerned' over recent vandalism Updated: Jul-20-15 2:52 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Spray-painted graffiti found on bricks in front of the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul was the latest in a recent wave of vandalism occurring at Catholic churches across Providence.
- Rhode Island addiction recovery advocate Jim Gillen dies Updated: Jul-19-15 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Addiction recovery advocate Jim Gillen, who helped found Rhode Island's first recovery center and pushed for better services to fight substance abuse, has died.
- Providence awarded $300,000 for arts in community planning Updated: Jul-19-15 9:42 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - ArtPlace America has awarded the city of Providence $300,000 to integrate the arts into community planning.
- Providence man charged with fatally stabbing Army veteran Updated: Jul-17-15 4:58 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An 18-year-old Providence man has been charged with murdering an Army veteran and stabbing his friend in a pharmacy parking lot.
- Police: Suspected shoplifter dies after parking garage jump Updated: Jul-17-15 4:05 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A suspected shoplifter ran from store security and jumped over a railing at a Rhode Island shopping mall, falling 25 feet to her death, authorities said.
- Ex-Marine charged in slaying gets prison on separate charges Updated: Jul-16-15 3:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former Marine reservist recently indicted in the strangulation death of a 24-year-old woman in Providence has been sentenced to 10 months in prison on separate charges.
- Puerto Rico fugitive captured in Rhode Island Updated: Jul-16-15 11:53 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island police say they have captured a fugitive who is wanted for homicide in Puerto Rico.
- Former Providence councilwoman selected for new position Updated: Jul-15-15 4:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Providence City Council is appointing a former councilwoman to work as an administrator and liaison to the city clerk's office.