- PawSox owners and state officials have 'high-level' meeting Updated: May-04-15 5:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State officials had a "high-level" meeting with the owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox to discuss the team's proposal for a new ballpark in downtown Providence.
- Stadium proposal could affect I195 environmental plan Updated: May-03-15 12:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Pawtucket Red Sox proposal to build a new stadium in Providence could affect a broader environmental permit for the redeveloping the land that includes the site.
- Police: 2 cars crash at the same Rhode Island house Updated: May-02-15 1:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say two car crashes have happened in front of the same Rhode Island house.
- Providence schools chief to resign at end of school year Updated: May-01-15 8:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Superintendent of Schools Susan Lusi announced Friday that she will resign at the end of the current school year, saying she will pursue "other professional opportunities."
- New park and bike path to open in Providence Updated: May-01-15 7:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new park and bike path is set to open this weekend in Providence.
- Warwick man found guilty of defrauding banks of thousands Updated: May-01-15 5:46 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Warwick man has been convicted of orchestrating schemes that defrauded local banks out of approximately $600,000.
- Providence Fire Department promotes 24 firefighters Updated: Apr-30-15 11:02 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Providence Fire Department has promoted 24 of its members to various ranks.
- 2nd man charged in fatal hit-and-run in Providence Updated: Apr-30-15 6:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police have arrested a second man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run during a gang-related dispute in 2013.
- Police: Man arrested for trading images of child porn Updated: Apr-30-15 3:46 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Pawtucket man faces felony charges for possessing and transferring child pornography over the Internet.
- Students call on lawmakers to lift ban on school repairs Updated: Apr-30-15 11:05 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - High school students from Providence and Woonsocket are calling on lawmakers to lift a long-standing moratorium on school construction.
- Jury finds Central Falls man guilty of killing 6-year-old Updated: Apr-29-15 5:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Central Falls man has been convicted of second-degree murder in the beating death of his girlfriend's 6-year-old son.
- Police chief appeal of theft conviction postponed until May Updated: Apr-29-15 3:13 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Oral arguments have been postponed in the appeal of a former North Providence police chief convicted of stealing money from a stripper's purse.
- Rhode Island State Police take kids on West Point field trip Updated: Apr-29-15 2:46 pm
- Lawmaker calls for transparency in taxpayer-funded projects Updated: Apr-29-15 2:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island House member is calling for financial transparency from private companies that seek taxpayer assistance.
- Narragansett Bay Commission approves $815 million project Updated: Apr-29-15 5:37 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Narragansett Bay Commission has voted to move ahead with an $815 million project that will become the third phase of a decades-long plan to contain and treat contaminated storm water that inundates century-old sewer systems throughout Rhode Island.
- Circus returns to Rhode Island year after hair-hanging fall Updated: Apr-28-15 4:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The last time Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus performed in Rhode Island, eight acrobats suspended by their hair plummeted to the ground before a crowd of thousands. A single metal clip that held them 20 feet aloft had snapped. The women were badly hurt, some with spinal injuries so severe they could no longer walk.
- Private company suggests alternative location for ballpark Updated: Apr-28-15 12:51 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The owners of a parcel of downtown Providence land are pitching the location as a suitable alternative for the Pawtucket Red Sox's new ballpark.
- PawSox owners pitch idea for ballpark to state commission Updated: Apr-27-15 8:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A ballpark in downtown Providence would be an economic catalyst for the city, according to the new owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox, but members of a state commission cast doubt Monday on the benefits of a new stadium.
- Man gets prison after 4 drunken driving arrests in 48 hours Updated: Apr-27-15 4:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man who racked up four drunken driving arrests in less than 48 hours is heading to prison.
- Nepalese community in Rhode Island raises money for quake Updated: Apr-27-15 10:14 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Nepalese community in Rhode Island is raising money and taking other steps to respond to the devastating earthquake that hit the nation over the weekend.
- RI congressional delegation to meet with business leaders Updated: Apr-26-15 4:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state's congressional delegation is meeting with business leaders for an annual forum on jobs and the economy.
- Waterfire announces 13 lightings in 2015 schedule Updated: Apr-25-15 10:55 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - One of Providence's most popular cultural attractions is soon to launch its season.
- New wrong-way driving detection systems are coming online Updated: Apr-25-15 9:26 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Transportation officials say they're activating advanced wrong-way driving detection systems in 24 locations across the state.
- Providence bus tunnel closed for maintenance Updated: Apr-25-15 4:37 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bus tunnel that runs under College Hill in Providence will be closed for maintenance, and several bus routes will be detoured.
- Johnson & Wales fraternity pledge sues over alleged hazing Updated: Apr-24-15 7:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Johnson & Wales University student is suing a fraternity chapter at the Rhode Island school and several of its members on allegations he was subjected to brutal hazing last fall that included being beaten with wooden paddles and having his skin burned by cigarettes.