- Rhode Island officials confiscate alligator from home Updated: Oct-03-15 10:55 am
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 4-and-a-half foot alligator has been confiscated from the home of an East Providence man.
- Lawyer for murder suspect says client shot in self-defense Updated: Oct-02-15 7:51 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The lawyer for a Providence man charged with killing another man in a drive-by shooting in the city last year says his client acted in self-defense.
- Cops: Suspended officer threatens 3 superiors in texts Updated: Oct-02-15 7:24 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence police officer, suspended without pay for an illegal firearms charge, is now accused of threatening superior officers.
- State emergency officials urge people to prepare for storm Updated: Oct-01-15 6:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island got a break Thursday from rain that drenched much of the East Coast, but forecasters warned the worst is yet to come.
- FBI data: 2014 was Providence's safest years in decades Updated: Sep-30-15 4:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Newly released FBI figures suggest that crime in Providence dropped to its lowest point in nearly three decades last year.
- Police: Metal debris damages more than a dozen vehicles Updated: Sep-30-15 3:04 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police say a piece of debris damaged at least 14 vehicles on Interstate 95.
- Man pleads guilty to cooking meth in trunk while driving Updated: Sep-29-15 2:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has pleaded guilty to cooking meth in his trunk while driving around Glocester.
- Providence restaurant fire ruled arson; reward offered Updated: Sep-29-15 7:39 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A New Year's Eve fire at a popular Providence restaurant has been ruled arson, and authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
- Police identify man killed in crash on Interstate 95 Updated: Sep-29-15 6:05 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - State police have identified a Rhode Island man who died in a four-vehicle crash on Interstate 95 in Massachusetts.
- Whitehouse calls on House to pass funding for highways Updated: Sep-28-15 1:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says he's trying to pressure the Republican-controlled House of Representatives into passing a transportation bill.
- Police release name of Providence man found fatally shot Updated: Sep-27-15 3:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police have released the identity of a Providence man found fatally shot on a sidewalk.
- Ex-officer files suit claiming discrimination in arrest Updated: Sep-27-15 1:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former Providence police officer and his son were assaulted by his fellow officers and state police, then arrested due to the color of their skin while helping apprehend a suspect, the man alleged in a $1 million federal lawsuit filed last week.
- Rhode Island farthest away from spending federal water funds Updated: Sep-27-15 9:16 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island is the farthest off track of all the states from meeting the Environmental Protection Agency's goal of spending the money in a key drinking water program by next year's deadline, according to federal data reviewed by The Associated Press.
- DEM offers $5 million to redevelop brownfields sites Updated: Sep-26-15 9:43 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management is offering $5 million in grants to redevelop brownfields sites.
- Rhode Island panel wants public input on overdose crisis Updated: Sep-25-15 8:33 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island officials are asking the public for input on how to fight drug overdoses and addiciton in the state.
- Providence man pleads guilty to bank fraud charge Updated: Sep-25-15 12:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal prosecutors say a Rhode Island man has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bank fraud for obtaining a $157,000 federally insured mortgage loan fraudulently by using the identity of a dead person.
- Preservationists try to save historic 'wedding cake house' Updated: Sep-24-15 1:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Preservationists are trying to raise money to repair the 19th century "wedding cake house" in Providence.
- City: Firefighter union should reimburse overtime time Updated: Sep-24-15 3:29 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials say the Providence firefighter's union should reimburse the city for overtime pay after several union leaders called out of work to picket an event hosted by Mayor Jorge Elorza.
- Mayor: issue driver licenses for immigrants in US illegally Updated: Sep-23-15 8:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza says he supports allowing immigrants in the country illegally to obtain Rhode Island driver's licenses.
- Massachusetts cities open to PawSox after failed deal Updated: Sep-23-15 4:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Now that the Pawtucket Red Sox have officially ended their pursuit of waterfront land in downtown Providence for a new stadium, some Massachusetts officials said Wednesday they're open to a pitch from the Triple-A baseball team.
- Chief judge of RI Family Court to retire Updated: Sep-23-15 7:27 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The chief judge of Rhode Island's Family Court has announced her retirement.
- Firefighters union planning 'listening tour' in Providence Updated: Sep-22-15 1:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence's firefighters union is planning a "listening tour" of weekly public meetings to discuss its dispute with the city over work schedules.
- Providence teachers vote to approve changes to new contract Updated: Sep-22-15 5:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence's teachers have voted to remove a provision in their contract that could have resulted in an 8 percent raise for educators.
- State officials, public ask what's next for PawSox stadium Updated: Sep-21-15 7:46 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Now that the Pawtucket Red Sox have officially ended their pursuit of waterfront land in downtown Providence for a new ballpark, many people are wondering what that means for the future of the team and the Ocean State.
- Cranston man sentenced for making meth in his apartment Updated: Sep-21-15 11:39 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Cranston man has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for manufacturing methamphetamine inside his apartment.