- Man arrested for DUI with 7-year-old in vehicle Updated: Apr-18-14 1:38 pm
- Providence documents related to Fox subpoenaed Updated: Apr-17-14 12:47 pm
- US Energy Secretary Moniz to visit Rhode Island Updated: Apr-16-14 1:09 pm
- Birthday bash to raise money for Cianci portrait Updated: Apr-16-14 8:28 am
- 2 win $300,000 Rhode Island Innovation Fellowships Updated: Apr-16-14 12:06 am
- Chafee nominates 2 to judicial commission Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- Several charged in tax refund schemes worth $1.6M Updated: Apr-15-14 10:38 am
- 3 firefighters hurt in Providence apartment fire Updated: Apr-15-14 8:10 am
- Senate to honor 3 Providence basketball greats Updated: Apr-14-14 5:24 pm
- Raimondo unveils plan to help small businesses Updated: Apr-14-14 1:19 pm
- Speaker tours Massachusetts technical school Updated: Apr-13-14 6:04 pm
- Nuala Pell, widow of late US senator, dies Updated: Apr-13-14 3:43 pm
- Providence Dioceses says school talk 'regrettable' Updated: Apr-13-14 11:58 am
- Democrat presents GOP budget plan to Rhode Island Updated: Apr-12-14 4:52 pm
- RI's 5 things: Pension deal dies, 38 Studios woes Updated: Apr-12-14 10:04 am
- RI teen pleads guilty in shooting that killed girl Updated: Apr-11-14 6:26 am
- Bill would allow otter hunting in Rhode Island Updated: Apr-10-14 11:46 am
- Ex-bouncer still fighting 1992 assault verdict Updated: Apr-10-14 8:55 am
- New aid plan proposed for RI's tallest building Updated: Apr-09-14 5:10 pm
- Bill creates program to help degree completion Updated: Apr-09-14 12:38 pm
- Providence police: Fourth-grader had pot in school Updated: Apr-09-14 11:28 am
- Newport Grand explores sale to Paolino group Updated: Apr-09-14 9:19 am
- RI Senate panel backs bid to save fire district Updated: Apr-09-14 7:25 am
- Rhode Island to improve jobs for mentally disabled Updated: Apr-08-14 12:01 pm
- Providence police investigating 3 stabbings Updated: Apr-07-14 4:17 pm
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Massachusetts man police say was driving over 90 miles an hour with an unrestrained 7-year-old in his vehicle has been charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal law enforcement officials have subpoenaed documents pertaining to former House Speaker Gordon Fox from the city of Providence, a spokesman for Mayor Angel Taveras said Thursday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz (mo-NEEZ') is coming to Rhode Island as part of the Obama administration's reassessment of the nation's energy strategy.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A $100-a-guest party celebrating former Providence Mayor Buddy Cianci's 73rd birthday will help pay for his official portrait at City Hall.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A project to start a culinary hub and another to create a high-end digital fabric printing facility are the two winners of this year's $300,000 Rhode Island Innovation Fellowships.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee has announced two nominations to the state's Judicial Nominating Commission.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Several people have been charged in Rhode Island in two separate tax refund schemes that federal prosecutors say could have netted them $1.6 million.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Fire investigators are trying to determine the cause of a fire at a three-story apartment house in Providence that injured three firefighters and a resident.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Three basketball legends who played at Providence College are being honored by the Rhode Island Senate.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Gina Raimondo unveiled a plan Monday to help small businesses in Rhode Island that would eliminate what she calls "regulatory rigmarole" and encourage startups.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's new House Speaker and a group of lawmakers and business leaders have visited a Massachusetts technical high school that has received widespread attention for its success boosting academic achievement.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Nuala Pell, widow of the late U.S. Sen. Claiborne Pell and a patron of the arts, has died.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The principal of a Catholic high school has apologized for bringing in a speaker whose opinions on divorce and homosexuality offended students, parents and faculty.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Rep. David Cicilline is preparing to meet Rhode Island residents and business owners to discuss how a Republican budget plan endorsed by Congress would affect the state economy and families.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Mediation over a landmark law ends, people with mental disabilities getting better job opportunities and a potential new owner for Newport Grand. Here are five things to know in Rhode Island this week:
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A teenager has pleaded guilty to his role in a shooting that killed a 12-year-old girl and injured three women at a graduation party in Providence last year.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Otter hunting and trapping would be allowed in Rhode Island under proposed legislation that would overturn a decades-long ban.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former bouncer at a Providence nightclub who has been fighting a $1.5 million verdict in an assault case for two decades is making new arguments on why he shouldn't have to pay.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The owner of Rhode Island's tallest building plans to ask the legislature for $39 million in state aid over a period of four years to help pay to redevelop the vacant former bank building into apartments.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Legislation introduced in the Rhode Island House would help those with some college credits finish their degrees.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police say a fourth-grader brought a small amount of marijuana to school and showed it to friends.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The owners of the Newport Grand slot parlor are exploring a possible sale to an investment group that includes former Providence Mayor Joe Paolino (pay-oh-LEE'-noh).
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A plan to save the financially troubled Central Coventry Fire District from closing has cleared a state legislative committee.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Residents with mental disabilities would no longer be forced to work long hours doing manual labor for little money and instead would be given the chance at regular employment that pays at least the minimum wage under a settlement announced Tuesday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police are investigating three stabbings in separate incidents early Sunday and trying to determine whether they're related.