- Court witness raps RI aid to foster families Updated: Dec-10-13 7:53 am
- RI's dancing cop returns to Providence Updated: Dec-09-13 4:52 pm
- RI bishop: Mandela support for abortion 'shameful' Updated: Dec-09-13 3:37 pm
- Man slashed in neck in Providence Updated: Dec-08-13 12:25 pm
- RI gun-permit tiff puts officials' jobs in danger Updated: Dec-08-13 12:05 pm
- RI's 5 things: Jazz fest expands, Maeda exits Updated: Dec-07-13 10:09 am
- Providence to hold Christmas tree lighting Updated: Dec-07-13 4:08 am
- RI man guilty of killing Providence woman in 2011 Updated: Dec-06-13 5:26 pm
- RI talk radio host apologizes for vulgar comment Updated: Dec-06-13 3:52 pm
- Home confinement for 6th person in Navy scheme Updated: Dec-06-13 2:52 pm
- 2 RI men plead no contest to unemployment fraud Updated: Dec-06-13 1:35 pm
- Providence defeats Rhode Island 50-49 Updated: Dec-05-13 10:33 pm
- Man, 20, charged with murdering teen in Providence Updated: Dec-05-13 1:03 pm
- RI man, ex-teacher, sentenced on child pornography charge Updated: Dec-05-13 8:52 am
- Providence police say teen fatally shot Updated: Dec-04-13 5:21 pm
- Providence to hold free flu vaccine clinic Updated: Dec-04-13 2:08 am
- Chafee tours storm water tunnel deep under RI Updated: Dec-03-13 5:37 pm
- $7M settlement proposed for police shooting victim Updated: Dec-03-13 5:24 pm
- Taveras cancels URI talk because he's traveling Updated: Dec-03-13 3:08 pm
- Smiley enters Providence mayoral race Updated: Dec-03-13 12:46 pm
- RI aims to eliminate new AIDS cases by 2018 Updated: Dec-02-13 5:47 pm
- RI panel to study prescription drug abuse Updated: Dec-01-13 6:32 pm
- RIC students to be honored with Chafee Award Updated: Dec-01-13 4:05 pm
- Pyrotechnic trouble blamed for theater sulfur odor Updated: Dec-01-13 1:13 pm
- Rhode Island puts trove of historic records online Updated: Dec-01-13 12:59 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A witness for a child advocacy group challenging Rhode Island's child welfare system says the average foster family in the state needs 72 percent more financial aid than what the state provides.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's dancing cop is returning to the streets of Providence for the holidays.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Roman Catholic Bishop of Providence weighed in on Nelson Mandela's death by calling his support for abortion "shameful."
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police are looking for suspects in an early morning stabbing that left a man with neck laceration.
EXETER, Rhode Island - This sleepy town of 6,000 doesn't have a police department, and the only firearm violence tends to be directed at deer. Its biggest controversies usually stem from the local animal shelter or noise from the town pub.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Defendants in a Navy kickbacks case are sentenced, the Newport Jazz Festival expands and the president of the Rhode Island School of Design announces his departure. Here are five things to know in Rhode Island.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The city of Providence is holding its annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has been convicted of murder for his role in a 2011 fight that left one woman dead and two others wounded.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A talk radio host who's made derogatory remarks in the past that have landed him in hot water apologized Friday for calling protesters at a political event "union hags" and "whores," but critics insist he should still be fired.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The sixth and final person convicted in a 15-year kickback scheme that cost the U.S. Navy $18 million was sentenced Friday to nine months of home confinement after the judge said she refrained from putting her behind bars only because her guilty plea saved taxpayers the expense of a trial.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two Rhode Island men have been ordered to repay money that authorities say they obtained through unemployment fraud.
KINGSTON, Rhode Island - Kadeem Batts broke a 49-49 tie with a free throw with 22.1 seconds left and Providence held on for a 50-49 victory over intra-state rival Rhode Island Thursday night.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 20-year-old man has been ordered held without bail after being charged with murder in the mid-day shooting death of a Providence teenager.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man who was a longtime teacher at a Massachusetts high school has been sentenced to 18 months in a halfway house on federal child pornography charges.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say two men are being questioned in connection with the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old boy in Providence.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Anyone who needs a flu vaccine can get one for free at a clinic in Providence that will also offer vaccines to prevent whooping cough and pneumonia.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Crews working deep under Providence are digging miles of tunnels to divert storm water and protect Narragansett Bay from pollution - an effort that Gov. Lincoln Chafee calls "the biggest project you'll never see."
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The family of a mentally ill man shot nine times by North Kingstown police has agreed to settle a police brutality lawsuit against the town and police department for $7 million, according to papers filed in federal court in Providence last week.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence mayor and gubernatorial candidate Angel Taveras (tuh-VEHR'-us) has canceled a high-profile talk at the University of Rhode Island because he's visiting family and attending campaign events in Florida.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic political consultant Brett Smiley has entered the race to succeed Angel Taveras (tuh-VEHR'-us) as mayor of Providence.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island health officials are vowing to work to eliminate new AIDS infections in the state by 2018.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new task force in Rhode Island is set to consider whether the state should track certain medications to prevent prescription drug abuse.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two Rhode Island College seniors are getting political science awards named for the late Rhode Island Gov. John Chafee.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Malfunctioning pyrotechnics are being blamed for a sulfur smell that forced theatergoers out of a performance of "The Phantom of the Opera" at the Providence Performing Arts Center.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More and more historic documents, records and odds and ends are now available for online viewing thanks to Rhode Island's State Archives.