- Senate president rules out special session for toll proposal Updated: Jun-30-15 6:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Senate President Teresa Paiva Weed dug in her heels Tuesday over the possibility of a special session in the fall.
- Cianci withdraws contributions to city's pension system Updated: Jun-30-15 4:26 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Former Providence mayor Buddy Cianci has withdrawn his contributions to the city's pension system.
- DOT says repairs have begun to closed bridge in Cranston Updated: Jun-30-15 10:19 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Work to repair a closed bridge near the state House Speaker's law office in Cranston has started.
- Massachusetts man sentenced for embezzling from RI Lottery Updated: Jun-29-15 5:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Massachusetts man will serve time for embezzling more than $5,000 from the Rhode Island Lottery.
- Guns seized after car chase ends in Cranston Updated: Jun-29-15 8:07 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A police chase from Providence ended in Cranston with the arrest of a 20-year-old man and the seizure of two guns.
- Rhode Island fire consumes 20 cars, delays Amtrak trains Updated: Jun-28-15 11:52 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials say a fire has consumed 20 cars in a Rhode Island salvage lot.
- Police: Massachusetts man killed in RI motorcycle crash Updated: Jun-27-15 4:20 pm
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a 28-year-old Massachusetts man has been killed in an early morning motorcycle crash in East Providence.
- RI Community Food Bank launches its summer food drive Updated: Jun-27-15 9:37 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Community Food Bank has launched its summer food drive to collect 150,000 pounds of food.
- Providence metro public transit commute averages near 1 hour Updated: Jun-26-15 10:53 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Workers in Providence and nearby communities who travel by bus or train face longer commute times than their counterparts in other medium-sized metropolitan areas in the U.S.
- 2 shootings occur within an hour in Providence, 2 injured Updated: Jun-26-15 4:50 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police are investigating a pair of shootings that injured two people within an hour of each other in Providence.
- Pawtucket Red Sox stadium opponents rally at RI State House Updated: Jun-25-15 8:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Opponents of a new Providence stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox gathered Thursday at the State House as the legislative session comes to a close to tell lawmakers they're opposed to any stadium deal that would require public funding.
- Former RI resident found guilty of child molestation Updated: Jun-25-15 4:10 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former Rhode Island resident has been found guilty of molesting a young girl multiple times over the course of three years.
- Brown awards college scholarships to 20 high school grads Updated: Jun-25-15 3:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University has awarded college scholarships to 20 high school graduates from Providence.
- Man charged after firefighters find pot plants in home Updated: Jun-25-15 1:32 pm
JOHNSTON, Rhode Island - An East Providence man was arrested after authorities say firefighters found dozens of marijuana plants while inspecting new smoke and carbon monoxide detectors last week in a home he was renting in Johnston.
- Providence Journal building sold, newspaper may relocate Updated: Jun-24-15 5:24 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Providence Journal building has been sold to two real estate development companies.
- Man charged in woman's overdose ordered held without bail Updated: Jun-24-15 4:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man who prosecutors say killed a Cranston woman by selling her a fatal dose of a drug laced with the painkiller fentanyl has been ordered held without bail.
- Cranston mayor questions timing of bridge closure Updated: Jun-24-15 3:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Cranston Mayor Allan Fung says he's concerned about the timing of a bridge closure in the city.
- Senate approves bill that would create toll for trucks Updated: Jun-23-15 10:37 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate on Tuesday approved a bill that would create a new toll on large commercial trucks to raise money for repairs to deteriorating bridges.
- Police apprehend suspect in fatal stabbing Updated: Jun-23-15 10:56 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A man wanted in connection with two homicides in Providence has been apprehended in New York City.
- Power restored to more than 20,000 after brief outage Updated: Jun-22-15 3:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Power has been restored to more than 20,000 residents in Warwick and surrounding communities.
- Rhode Island friend mourns pastor-senator slain in church Updated: Jun-21-15 4:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island church deacon who grew up in South Carolina and was a longtime friend of slain pastor and state Sen. Clementa Pinckney says he "truly represented all the people."
- Police: overnight shootings in 3 Providence neighborhoods Updated: Jun-21-15 1:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say shots were fired overnight in three Providence neighborhoods, but no one has been reported hurt.
- Officials: Providence pedestrian bridge faces more delays Updated: Jun-21-15 10:46 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A pedestrian bridge planned over the Providence River in the city's downtown may be facing more delays.
- Fish ladders built at 3 dams for river herring Updated: Jun-21-15 10:23 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Fish ladders have been built at three dams along the Ten Mile River watershed so river herring can swim to their natural spawning habitat.
- Lawmakers mark 100th anniversary of Scituate Reservoir Updated: Jun-20-15 9:38 am
HOPE, Rhode Island - Lawmakers are holding a ceremony to mark the 100th anniversary of the Scituate Reservoir.