- Between plays and pinot, try fishing in Southern Oregon Updated: May-21-15 3:34 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Southern Oregon visitors looking to wiggle some fishing between wine tasting and Oregon Shakespeare Festival shows are in luck. Jackson County sports a plethora of angling opportunities that allow visitors to test-drive some of the Northwest's best fishing with plenty of time left to get cleaned up for the next pre-play dinner.
- Oregon traffic stop nets more than 30 pounds of drugs Updated: May-21-15 6:15 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - An Oregon State Police trooper seized more than 30 pounds of narcotics during a traffic stop in Jackson County.
- Judge hears arguments on Jackson County, Ore.'s GMO crop ban Updated: May-21-15 2:13 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A federal judge who listened Wednesday to two hours of arguments in a lawsuit that challenges a southern Oregon county's ban on genetically modified crops said he might rule as early as next week.
- Oregon's wandering wolf appears denned up for more pups Updated: May-20-15 1:18 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - State biologists say Oregon's famous wandering wolf, OR-7, appears to be denned up for a second set of pups in the southern Cascades.
- Federal agency drops advisories about reservoir algae blooms Updated: May-19-15 2:47 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will no longer issue advisories against swimming or otherwise using the water during blue-green algae blooms in the 11 Oregon reservoirs it manages.
- Murder conviction for man who said girlfriend nagged him Updated: May-14-15 10:41 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Southern Oregon jurors have convicted a 43-year-old man of murdering his girlfriend despite the defense contention that he was only trying to stop the woman's drunken nagging.
- Judge dismisses computer crime charges against officer Updated: May-13-15 1:02 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A judge on Friday threw out a criminal case against the former head of the Southern Oregon High-Tech Crimes Task Force, saying investigators destroyed evidence in the case by ignoring computer search protocol.
- Shelter helps dogs behave by giving them free play first Updated: May-11-15 4:28 pm
PHOENIX, Oregon - Dogs need to play.
- Incentive for students who score well on Smarter Balanced Updated: May-05-15 10:43 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - High school juniors taking the Smarter Balanced assessment this spring or next may be spared from taking a two- to three- hour college placement test if they score high enough on the assessment and take college-level classes their senior year.
- City of Medford plans to go after blighted properties Updated: May-04-15 7:04 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Medford City Council plans to go after blighted buildings, with new rules that could force boarded-up structures to be torn down more quickly.
- Hike up Wagner Butte in Southern Oregon offers great views Updated: May-03-15 1:05 pm
TALENT, Oregon - Well-maintained trails are still a novelty to me.
- Medford police may have to retire their pot-sniffing dogs Updated: May-02-15 1:07 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Narc and Cody are finding out there's truth to the adage "you can't teach an old dog new tricks."
- Coastal tribe opening casino next week in Coos Bay Updated: Apr-30-15 6:16 pm
COOS BAY, Oregon - A new Indian casino is expected to open next week in Coos Bay, the second operated by a coastal tribal group.
- Man charged after rampage causes $1,000 of damage to church Updated: Apr-30-15 12:01 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A man is facing burglary and criminal mischief charges after prosecutors say he went on a drunken rampage through a church in remote southwest Oregon.