- Former Klamath County jail deputy sentenced to prison Updated: Jul-05-15 12:34 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Central Point man and former Klamath County jail deputy has been sentenced to seven years in prison on multiple sex crime charges.
- Businesses search for solutions with container shippers gone Updated: Jul-04-15 1:08 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - International trade routes have changed for Oregon importers and exporters.
- Jackson County to help evaluate impacts of Medford casino Updated: Jun-30-15 11:18 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Jackson County officials will be examining potential impacts of a proposed casino in Medford.
- Southern Oregon pear growers take steps to keep fruit cool Updated: Jun-29-15 2:14 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Southern Oregon farmers might be suffering as temperatures soar, but they're not the only ones -- several orchards are taking steps to protect the fruit they're growing.
- Man who shot child through floor faces gun-dealing charges Updated: Jun-29-15 1:41 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A southern Oregon man who killed a little girl in a burst of gunfire while using an assault-style rifle to get up from a couch now faces federal firearms charges alleging he lied on background checks to buy dozens of automatic handguns.
- Troopers: 2 victims of Alaska plane crash from Medford, Ore. Updated: Jun-27-15 1:25 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say two of the nine people killed when their sightseeing plane crashed in southeast Alaska were from Medford, Oregon.
- Visitor dies in fall from S. Oregon scenic viewpoint Updated: Jun-25-15 8:27 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A southern Oregon fire official says a visitor has died after he backed up too far while taking a photo at a scenic viewpoint and fell more than 75 feet.
- Grand jury clears Medford police officer in fatal shooting Updated: Jun-25-15 6:16 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Jackson County grand jury has ruled that a Medford police corporal was justified in using deadly force when he shot and killed a suspect.
- High-tech tools help wildland firefighters Updated: Jun-23-15 9:46 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Buckskin fire looks a little different on Matthew Krunglevich's computer screen, an adornment of yellow dots smeared across part of a southwestern Oregon map, with dashes of orange along the blaze's eastern and southern edges.
- Medford suspect charged with baseball bat assault Updated: Jun-22-15 10:49 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Medford man is facing a second-degree assault charge for a fight that left a man with serious injuries from being hit on the head with a baseball bat.
- Medford man charged after multiple 'road rage' incidents Updated: Jun-19-15 5:43 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Authorities say a Medford man accused of running multiple vehicles off the road in a string of incidents has been arrested.
- Former Ore. jail contract employee indicted Updated: Jun-17-15 6:27 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A former food service contract employee at the Jackson County Jail in southern Oregon has been indicted, accused of giving inmates contraband such as alcohol, tobacco and cell phones in exchange for sexual favors.
- Executive gets 12 years in deadly helicopter fraud case Updated: Jun-16-15 6:13 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A former executive was sentenced Tuesday to nearly 13 years in prison after admitting he provided false performance specifications to win a firefighting contract for a helicopter that crashed on a 2008 forest fire in California, killing seven firefighters and two pilots.
- Sentencing delayed a day in crashed helicopter fraud case Updated: Jun-15-15 11:46 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Sentencing has been postponed a day for a former executive who pleaded guilty to falsifying performance records for a helicopter that crashed in 2008, killing seven firefighters and two pilots battling a forest fire in Northern California.
- Drought reduces trout-release sites in Rogue River Basin Updated: Jun-13-15 1:05 pm
PROSPECT, Oregon - When technician Bryan DeBerry steers the Cole Rivers Hatchery trout-stocking truck into Mill Creek Campground, he feels like he should be jingling some bells or playing some annoying children's song on a loudspeaker.
- High-speed southern Ore. chase damages 7 vehicles Updated: Jun-12-15 9:52 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Jackson County sheriff's office says one man has been arrested after a high-speed chase in southern Oregon left seven vehicles damaged.
- Rising economic tide lifts Rogue Valley boat makers Updated: Jun-11-15 3:23 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Bruce Wassom knows the highs of raging currents and the lows of getting swamped in the boat business.
- Sheriff's office identifies deputy who struck pedestrian Updated: Jun-09-15 1:36 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Jackson County sheriff's deputy who struck a pedestrian with his cruiser near Medford has been identified.
- Southwest county's mosquito control effort focuses on larvae Updated: Jun-08-15 11:49 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Technicians in southwest Oregon's Jackson County are going after larvae instead of adult mosquitoes in their control efforts this year.
- Oregon dispatcher's family sues state over deadly crash Updated: Jun-06-15 3:47 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The family of a late southern Oregon emergency dispatcher is seeking almost $10 million in a lawsuit against the state, saying the wrong-way driver who killed the woman on Interstate 5 should not have been given a driver's license.
- Blight strikes Southern Oregon's hardy madrone trees Updated: Jun-06-15 1:05 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Pacific Northwest's distinctive madrone trees appear to be dying in droves in Southern Oregon, victims of a fungus blight possibly made worse by the ongoing drought.