- Medford police, fire station project $6 million over budget Updated: Sep-02-15 5:24 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford is considering borrowing funds or delaying or scaling back new police and fire stations because the project is about $6 million over budget.
- Fire starters only pay small fraction of firefighting costs Updated: Sep-01-15 1:52 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Forestry officials say a potential multi-million dollar claim against a Douglas County resident believed to have accidentally started the Stouts Creek fire is still under consideration. While no one expects to collect anything close to the cost of the fire - currently estimated at more than $36 million - the state will pursue damages in cases involving negligence or criminal conduct.
- Gold Hill couple guilty of abusing 11-year-old boy Updated: Aug-28-15 10:50 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Gold Hill couple accused of tying up an 11-year-old boy with rope and beating the child has been found guilty of assault and criminal mistreatment.
- Southern Oregon amped for In-N-Out Burger Updated: Aug-27-15 11:51 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - In-N-Out Burger fans are counting the days until their favorite fast-food restaurant opens in Medford, with many unofficial reports indicating Sept. 9 might be the magic day.
- Ancestors to noted studio take stained glass tour Updated: Aug-25-15 12:07 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - As the final resting place of Harry and David Holmes and its extensive use of Alaskan marble from a quarry no longer in operation, the 1925-built mausoleum at Medford's Eastwood Cemetery has notable reasons for its historical significance.
- 8-foot-long snake captured outside Medford building Updated: Aug-25-15 9:46 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Police are looking for the owner of large snake found outside a state office building in Medford, Oregon.
- Historic Elks lodge in Medford up for sale Updated: Aug-24-15 4:03 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Downtown Medford's century-old Elks Lodge is up for sale for $1.25 million.
- 2 birds test positive for West Nile in Jackson County Updated: Aug-22-15 4:28 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Jackson County officials say West Nile virus was been found in two dead birds and nine groups of mosquitoes.
- Butte Falls woman caused crash that killed her, her daughter Updated: Aug-14-15 1:22 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - An investigation has determined that a woman who died with her 6-year-old daughter in a crash was at fault in the Butte Falls Highway collision.
- DA's office breaks ground on new $6M building Updated: Aug-13-15 10:01 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Construction on a new $6.2 million Jackson County District Attorney's Office is set to begin to replace the existing building that was damaged by an improved explosive device in 2013.
- Inmate who escaped Oregon camp captured in Medford Updated: Aug-13-15 9:44 am
SALEM, Oregon - An inmate who walked away from a mobile camp at the Stouts fire east of Canyonville is back in custody.
- Actor Jim Belushi builds Rogue River cabin Updated: Aug-12-15 12:28 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - What used to be the picnic grounds for a fraternal organization on the Rogue River is now a playground for actor and comedian Jim Belushi.
- Few conflicts seen at medical pot outlets near Medford, Ore. Updated: Aug-11-15 1:07 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford has steadfastly opposed marijuana stores, but other southern Oregon cities with a more welcoming approach have seen almost no problems and few conflicts with neighboring businesses.
- Homeless man accused of killing man on Oregon bike path Updated: Aug-06-15 6:21 am
CENTRAL POINT, Oregon - A transient man has been arrested in connection to the killing of another homeless man on the Bear Creek Greenway.
- New detox facility in Medford to help drug addicts Updated: Aug-05-15 2:23 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A new treatment facility in Medford is set to open its doors in September to help residents on their road to recovery from alcohol and drug addictions.