- City of Medford plans to go after blighted properties Updated: May-04-15 7:04 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Medford City Council plans to go after blighted buildings, with new rules that could force boarded-up structures to be torn down more quickly.
- Hike up Wagner Butte in Southern Oregon offers great views Updated: May-03-15 1:05 pm
TALENT, Oregon - Well-maintained trails are still a novelty to me.
- Medford police may have to retire their pot-sniffing dogs Updated: May-02-15 1:07 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Narc and Cody are finding out there's truth to the adage "you can't teach an old dog new tricks."
- Coastal tribe opening casino next week in Coos Bay Updated: Apr-30-15 6:16 pm
COOS BAY, Oregon - A new Indian casino is expected to open next week in Coos Bay, the second operated by a coastal tribal group.
- Man charged after rampage causes $1,000 of damage to church Updated: Apr-30-15 12:01 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A man is facing burglary and criminal mischief charges after prosecutors say he went on a drunken rampage through a church in remote southwest Oregon.
- BLM Medford office closes in response to armed protesters Updated: Apr-24-15 11:37 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A call for help from a rural gold miner led more than 100 protesters, many of them armed, to gather outside Medford's Bureau of Land Management office.
- Jury convicts Oregon farmer of killing men, feeding to pigs Updated: Apr-21-15 11:37 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Jurors spent only about an hour deliberating Tuesday before convicting an Oregon woman of killing two handymen and feeding their corpses to her pigs.
- Police want penalties for sellers of known stolen goods Updated: Apr-20-15 10:31 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford Police want to be able to charge pawn shops and other second-hand dealers who knowingly buy stolen goods for resale.
- Medford council votes to drop beehive ban Updated: Apr-17-15 2:58 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Medford City Council has voted to allow beehives in backyards.
- Prosecutor: 'Pure greed' led to deadly helicopter crash Updated: Apr-15-15 3:39 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A government attorney has asked a federal judge to sentence the vice president of a defunct Oregon helicopter company to more than 15 years in prison for his role in a crash that killed nine people in 2008, saying his actions stemmed from "pure greed."
- Oregon couple awarded more than $200,000 in dog-barking case Updated: Apr-15-15 1:13 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - An Oregon couple who sued their neighbors because of their constantly barking dogs was awarded nearly $240,000 in damages.
- Ashland wants ODOT to ensure I-5 welcome area is staffed Updated: Apr-13-15 10:50 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Ashland City Council voted to modify an agreement with the Oregon Department of Transportation to supply city water to a proposed rest area and welcome center on Interstate 5.
- Vietnam vet builds missile replica in Medford Updated: Apr-12-15 1:40 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - When Ron Bloom of Medford approached fellow members of Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association about premiering his replica missile at the Pear Blossom Parade, they had a difficult time wrapping their minds around just what Bloom had built.
- 400 adult steelhead die in trapping mishap Updated: Apr-12-15 12:23 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A breakdown of a fish-loading facility at the base of Applegate Dam killed almost 400 adult winter steelhead bound for Cole Rivers Hatchery.
- Jackson County building new DA's office Updated: Apr-09-15 12:28 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Jackson County is planning a new office building in Medford for the district attorney's office that is designed to be less vulnerable to the kind of homemade bomb attack that blew out a window in 2013.
- Grand jury: 7 Oregon officers justified in fatal shooting Updated: Apr-09-15 12:41 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A grand jury has found that last month's fatal shooting of an apparently mentally ill man by seven Medford, Oregon, police officers was justified.
- Families flock to Oregon seeking respite from Mexican chaos Updated: Apr-07-15 4:41 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Family members fleeing violence in southwestern Mexico have taken refuge with relatives living in Southern Oregon, and schools are trying to accommodate an influx of Spanish-speaking students.
- 2 S. Ore. traffic stops net 29 lbs. of meth headed for Wash. Updated: Apr-06-15 10:56 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Oregon State Police say two Interstate 5 traffic stops in three days in southern Oregon have netted about 29 pounds of crystal methamphetamine bound from southern California to Washington state.
- 2-year-old reported drowned in Southern Oregon ditch Updated: Apr-06-15 1:01 pm
CENTRAL POINT, Oregon - Authorities say a 2-year-old girl has died after falling into a Southern Oregon irrigation ditch.