- Jordan says international aid for Syria refugees falls short Updated: Apr-30-15 11:10 am
AMMAN, Jordan - A Cabinet minister says international aid has repeatedly fallen short of Jordan's needs for dealing with the influx of Syrian refugees, suggesting the kingdom might restrict their entry if the crisis exacerbates unemployment and poverty.
- Iraqi boy's dream of becoming dancer defied threats, borders Updated: Apr-24-15 6:43 am
AMMAN, Jordan - As a boy in pre-war Baghdad, Adil Faraj dreamed of becoming a dancer, inspired by a Michael Jackson performance he watched on DVD.
- AP Interview: Yemen peace talks inevitable, says UN official Updated: Apr-23-15 3:42 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - A renewal of talks on ending Yemen's conflict is "inevitable" and behind-the-scenes diplomatic efforts could bring results in the coming weeks, including a possible U.N.-hosted conference involving most parties, the head of U.N. operations in Yemen said Thursday.
- Jordan hosts international competition of anti-terror squads Updated: Apr-19-15 10:11 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan on Sunday launched a competition among elite anti-terrorism squads from 18 countries, including fellow members of military coalitions fighting rebels in Yemen and Islamic State extremists in Iraq and Syria.
- US Embassy in Jordan calls off warning against mall visits Updated: Apr-07-15 11:40 am
AMMAN, Jordan - The U.S. Embassy in Amman has called off a warning to American citizens to stay away from upscale malls in Jordan's capital because of a possible threat of attacks.
- Jordan military: Training plane crashes, killing 2 pilots Updated: Apr-06-15 5:01 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's military says a training propeller airplane has crashed during a routine flight, killing two pilots onboard.