- Food aid to Syrian refugees cut in half amid funding crisis Updated: Jul-01-15 7:45 am
AMMAN, Jordan - The World Food Program says it had to cut in half food aid for Syrian refugees in Lebanon because of a funding crisis and may soon have to halt all food support for most refugees in Jordan.
- Jobs program needed for Syrian refugees, UN official says Updated: Jun-30-15 1:53 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - The head of the U.N. refugee agency in Jordan has called for jobs programs for Syrian refugees to deal with the fallout from the protracted Syria crisis and dwindling funding for aid programs.
- Israel, Jordan discreetly foster ties amid regional chaos Updated: Jun-22-15 3:26 am
AMMAN, Jordan - A new Jordanian think tank that focuses on Israel is tucked away on the seventh floor of a glass-fronted Amman office building, without a sign announcing the presence of the Center for Israel Studies.
- Jordan signs Paul Put as new national coach Updated: Jun-16-15 9:05 am
AMMAN, Jordan - The Jordanian Football Association says it has contracted Paul Put for one year to coach its national team.
- Ramadan fast imposes difficult choice on diabetic Muslims Updated: Jun-16-15 4:20 am
AMMAN, Jordan - For years, diabetic Shawkat al-Khalili ignored his doctor's orders not to fast during the holy month of Ramadan when most of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims abstain from food and water from sunrise to sunset.
- UN agency for Palestine refugees in worst-ever cash crunch Updated: Jun-15-15 12:03 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - A top official says the U.N. aid agency for Palestinian refugees faces the worst financial crisis in its 65-year history, coming up short hundreds of millions of dollars in 2015, including for emergency operations in war-ravaged Gaza and Syria.
- Body of Saddam deputy Tariq Aziz buried in Jordan Updated: Jun-13-15 12:26 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Tariq Aziz was laid to rest Saturday after a ceremony in his honor at a church in the Jordanian capital, Amman, eight days after the debonair Iraqi diplomat died in prison of a heart attack.
- Cincinnati to become sister city of Amman, Jordan Updated: Jun-11-15 7:17 am
CINCINNATI - The mayor of Amman, Jordan is visiting southwest Ohio this week to launch a new sister-cities agreement between his home city and Cincinnati.
- Family of Tariq Aziz, top Saddam aide, seeks Jordan burial Updated: Jun-07-15 5:02 am
AMMAN, Jordan - A government official says Jordan has approved a request by the family of former Iraqi Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz to bury him in the kingdom.
- Tariq Aziz, top aide to Saddam Hussein, dies in hospital Updated: Jun-05-15 1:29 pm
BAGHDAD - Tariq Aziz, the debonair Iraqi diplomat who made his name by staunchly defending Saddam Hussein to the world during three wars and was later sentenced to death as part of the regime that killed hundreds of thousands of its own people, has died in a hospital in southern Iraq, officials said. He was 79.