- Jordan court sentences 8 in alleged Hezbollah attack plot Updated: Jul-29-15 1:37 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - An official says Jordan's state security court handed down prison terms for eight defendants in an alleged plot by Lebanon's Hezbollah militia to attack U.S. troops and Israel's embassy in Jordan.
- Jordan court sentences 12 in alleged Hamas plot Updated: Jul-28-15 1:26 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - A government official says Jordan's state security court sentenced 12 defendants to prison terms ranging from one to 15 years in what local media described as a plot by the Islamic militant Hamas group to carry out attacks in the West Bank.
- Defense Secretary Carter meeting with Kurds in Iraq Updated: Jul-24-15 7:35 am
IRBIL, Iraq - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter held talks Friday with Iraqi Kurdish leaders in their regional capital of Irbil, seeking insights to their military successes against the Islamic State.
- Carter, Netanyahu call it a day after discussing Iran deal Updated: Jul-21-15 2:47 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - In high-stakes talks aimed at calming U.S. allies' fears about the Iran nuclear deal, Defense Secretary Ash Carter appeared to change no minds among Israeli leaders fiercely opposed to the deal.
- Jordanians question Chattanooga shooter's family in Mideast Updated: Jul-21-15 9:53 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordanian officials are questioning relatives of the shooter in last week's killing of five U.S. servicemen in Tennessee at a military recruiting office and a Navy-Marine operations center, a Jordanian official said Tuesday.
- Iraq closes border crossing with Jordan until further notice Updated: Jul-16-15 11:59 am
BAGHDAD - Iraq closed its border with Jordan until further notice, in part to deprive Islamic State militants of taxes they impose on cargo trucks driving through their territory, a senior Iraqi military official said Thursday.
- More than 4 million refugees have now fled Syria, UN says Updated: Jul-09-15 10:25 am
ISTANBUL - More than 4 million Syrians have fled abroad since the 2011 outbreak of civil war, the largest number from any crisis in almost 25 years, the United Nations said Thursday.
- State media: Jordan arrests terror suspect with explosives Updated: Jul-06-15 9:14 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's state media say the security forces have arrested a man with purported links to an Iranian group on suspicion he planned to carry out terror attacks in the kingdom.
- Food aid to Syrian refugees cut in half amid funding crisis Updated: Jul-01-15 7:45 am
AMMAN, Jordan - The World Food Program says it had to cut in half food aid for Syrian refugees in Lebanon because of a funding crisis and may soon have to halt all food support for most refugees in Jordan.
- Jobs program needed for Syrian refugees, UN official says Updated: Jun-30-15 1:53 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - The head of the U.N. refugee agency in Jordan has called for jobs programs for Syrian refugees to deal with the fallout from the protracted Syria crisis and dwindling funding for aid programs.