- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Walker over minimum wage Updated: Dec-01-15 6:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A judge has dismissed a lawsuit against Gov. Scott Walker that sought to force an increase in Wisconsin's minimum wage.
- Madison teachers union sues over certification documents Updated: Dec-01-15 12:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Madison teachers union has filed a lawsuit demanding state labor officials pay for refusing to hand over voters' names during a recertification election.
- Republicans introduce bill to shift federal road funds Updated: Nov-29-15 1:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislators have created a bill that would shift federal road-building dollars from local work to state projects, a move that would exempt local projects from federal prevailing wage requirements.
- Republican wants to impound cars if drivers lack license Updated: Nov-27-15 2:09 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Drivers without valid licenses who are pulled over by police would have to immediately surrender their cars under a bill proposed by a Republican legislator.
- Man whose parents died hours apart sues ambulance company Updated: Nov-27-15 1:00 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A man whose parents died within hours of each other has sued an ambulance company, alleging that the driver drove too fast and a paramedic failed to secure his mother as she rode along while taking her dying husband to hospice care.
- Rain in Milwaukee, Madison breaks Thanksgiving Day records Updated: Nov-27-15 12:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - The National Weather Service says Milwaukee and Madison's wet weather have set records for Thanksgiving Day rain.
- Former deputy who killed 2 seeks release from institution Updated: Nov-26-15 3:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A former Dane County sheriff's deputy who shot and killed his wife and her sister last year is asking to be released from the mental institution where he's committed.
- Man ejected from football game sends police 240 doughnuts Updated: Nov-24-15 4:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A California man sent 20 dozen coconut doughnuts to police officers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison as payback for getting kicked out of a Badger football game.
- Corrections overtime policy implemented Updated: Nov-24-15 11:36 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Department of Corrections is implementing a new overtime policy as it deals with a shortage of prison guards.
- Federal court rules Wisconsin abortion law unconstitutional Updated: Nov-23-15 6:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin law that requires abortion providers to get admitting privileges at nearby hospitals is unconstitutional, a federal appeals court panel ruled Monday.
- Wisconsin's embattled jobs agency hires 6th CFO in 4 years Updated: Nov-23-15 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's embattled economic development agency has hired its sixth chief financial officer in just over four years.
- UW-Madison student: Winning Rhodes scholarship 'surreal' Updated: Nov-22-15 6:01 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A University of Wisconsin-Madison student said Sunday he plans to use his Rhodes scholarship to study how governments can better focus their environmental policies on meeting people's needs.
- Wisconsin Legislature focuses on reporting school crime data Updated: Nov-22-15 2:55 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Momentum is growing in the Wisconsin Legislature to require that data about crimes committed on school grounds be more readily available for parents and others to view alongside test scores and graduation rates.
- Snowballs from Badger fans lead to ejections, injuries Updated: Nov-22-15 1:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison police report more than 100 fans were ejected from Saturday's Big Ten football game against Northwestern at Camp Randall Stadium.
- Cold weather returns to Minnesota, Wisconsin Updated: Nov-22-15 11:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A balmy November has given way to reality in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Late drive falls short, turnovers doom No. 21 Wisconsin Updated: Nov-21-15 9:50 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin thought it had three go-ahead touchdowns on Saturday. It left chilly Camp Randall Stadium with a loss.
- No. 20 Northwestern holds off No. 21 Wisconsin 13-7 Updated: Nov-21-15 9:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - No. 21 Northwestern finished strong, and benefited from a few favorable calls and a slew of Wisconsin mistakes.
- Homestead clips Waukesha West for 2A title, 28-12 Updated: Nov-20-15 5:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - If it results in a state championship, it doesn't matter how a team puts points on the board.
- Couple donates $5 million to UW computer department Updated: Nov-20-15 4:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Milwaukee businessman and his wife have donated $5 million to the University of Wisconsin-Madison's computer sciences department.
- UW alumni tells parents how to lobby on campus carry Updated: Nov-20-15 3:49 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin-Madison alumni group has sent an email to parents of current students telling them how to lobby on a bill that would allow concealed weapons in campus building.
- Wisconsin Republicans defend transgender restrictions bill Updated: Nov-19-15 5:18 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans pushed Thursday for Wisconsin to become the first state in the nation to prohibit transgender public school students from using a bathroom or locker room assigned to the gender with which they identify.
- Wisconsin lawmakers propose Iran business prohibition Updated: Nov-15-15 1:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislators have introduced a bill that would prohibit the state from investing in companies that do business in or with Iran, saying the measure would help blunt President Barack Obama's nuclear accord with that country.
- Madison police investigate shooting on southwest side Updated: Nov-13-15 2:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Police in Madison are investigating a shooting that left one man dead at an auto repair shop on the city's southwest side.
- UW-Madison paper cutting print production Updated: Nov-13-15 7:34 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - One of the oldest student newspapers in the country is cutting production of its print edition from four to two days a week.
- Former president Clinton coming to Madison for fundraiser Updated: Nov-12-15 2:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Former President Bill Clinton is coming to Madison to raise money for his wife's presidential campaign.