- VA hospital wait times longer despite staff additions Updated: Aug-04-15 12:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wait times at Madison's Veterans Hospital have increased more than twofold despite additional staff, extended hours and more care options, according to officials.
- Kitchen appliance maker plots $62M expansion in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-02-15 1:14 pm
FITCHBURG, Wisconsin - A kitchen appliance manufacturer is planning a $62 million expansion south of Madison, netting $5 million in state and local support for creating an estimated 300 new jobs.
- Legislator proposes exotic animal ban in wake of lion hunt Updated: Aug-02-15 5:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Lions and tigers and bears - maybe in Oz, but not in Wisconsin if one Republican legislator gets his way.
- Correction: Economic Agency story Updated: Aug-01-15 11:58 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a story July 31 about the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation board, The Associated Press reported erroneously that one unsecured loan the board gave out was worth $50,000. The unsecured loan was worth $500,000.
- Madison mayor says bench time for homeless should be limited Updated: Jul-31-15 12:47 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Madison's mayor says he has a way to deal with the city's growing transient population. Paul Soglin would limit the time one could spend sitting on a bench in the downtown area. Lying down on the bench would be prohibited.
- Media advocates: Law doesn't need changes for body cameras Updated: Jul-29-15 4:01 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's open records law doesn't need a substantial rewrite to address police body camera videos, media advocates argued at a state Department of Justice summit on the statutes Wednesday.
- Wisconsin asks US Supreme Court to take Ho Chunk casino case Updated: Jul-28-15 10:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his appeal of a federal court ruling that allows the Ho-Chunk Nation to offer video poker at its Madison casino.
- Lab that received anthrax decontaminated Updated: Jul-27-15 7:58 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin commercial laboratory that mistakenly received live anthrax spores had been decontaminated and reopened.
- Wisconsin nonpartisan elections board targeted for overhaul Updated: Jul-26-15 11:52 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Stung by a corruption scandal that led to the convictions of five lawmakers, a longtime Republican state senator met with the head of a government watchdog agency at a bar down the street from the Capitol to talk about how to improve ethics oversight.
- Madison man accused of killing disabled son has died Updated: Jul-24-15 5:26 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison man accused of killing his developmentally disabled son then attempting to take his own life at an area park has died.
- Walker announces senior presidential campaign team Updated: Jul-24-15 3:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker announced the leaders of his presidential campaign team on Friday, a mixture of longtime, close advisers from Wisconsin, employees of the Republican National Committee and veterans of previous national races.
- Nail gun, knife found at scene of murder-attempted suicides Updated: Jul-23-15 9:26 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Dane County authorities say a nail gun and knife were found where a Madison man allegedly killed his developmentally disabled 16-year-old son then attempted to kill himself.
- Wisconsin man gets prison for stealing gun from police Updated: Jul-23-15 5:29 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A northwestern Wisconsin man has been sentenced to 42 months in prison after admitting he stole a gun from police during a burglary.
- Madison police: Man dies of possible heroin overdose Updated: Jul-22-15 6:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Madison police say a 32-year-old man has died of a possible heroin overdose. But officers saved the lives of two people who overdosed in separate incidents.
- Top adviser says Walker running as a 'uniter' Updated: Jul-21-15 4:58 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's top adviser said Tuesday that the Republican governor who survived an attempt to recall him from office is running for president as someone who can bring together a polarized electorate.
- Veterans protest military recruiting center gun ban Updated: Jul-21-15 11:24 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A group of veterans has been gathering outside of a Madison military recruitment center to protest a law barring active-duty members who work at such sites from being armed.
- Wisconsin governor orders Guard members to arm themselves Updated: Jul-21-15 10:12 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has issued an executive order allowing Wisconsin National Guard's adjutant general to arm his troops in the wake of an attack on a pair of military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Madison man charged with making bomb threat at state Capitol Updated: Jul-21-15 6:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A 55-year-old Madison man has been charged in connection with a bomb threat that led to an evacuation at the state Capitol and delayed debate on the Wisconsin budget.
- Madison police officer, fresh from OD training, saves man Updated: Jul-19-15 3:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison police officer who just completed training on opiate overdoses is being credited with saving the life of a heroin overdose victim.
- UW program seeks to expose rural students to science careers Updated: Jul-18-15 7:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - When University of Wisconsin researchers study stem cells, they typically seek to create skin and organs. This summer, their goal was to create scientists.
- UW-Madison professor regrets how views came off on Twitter Updated: Jul-18-15 5:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - A University of Wisconsin-Madison professor says she now regrets how her views on academic freedom came across on Twitter
- The Latest: Conservative group reacts to Walker ruling Updated: Jul-16-15 2:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The latest on the Wisconsin Supreme Court's decision Thursday in a case involving Republican Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign (all times local):
- A primer on Wisconsin court ending Walker campaign probe Updated: Jul-16-15 2:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court's decision to end a so-called John Doe investigation of Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign clears a potential obstacle in his Republican presidential bid and has far-reaching implications for the state's campaign finance laws.
- Wisconsin court ends probe of presidential hopeful Walker Updated: Jul-16-15 11:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Presidential candidate Scott Walker won a major legal victory Thursday when Wisconsin's Supreme Court ended a secret investigation into whether the Republican's gubernatorial campaign illegally coordinated with conservative groups during the 2012 recall election.
- Ex-Dane County deputy gets jail for relationship with inmate Updated: Jul-15-15 4:19 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A former Dane County deputy has received a 120-day jail sentence for his relationship with a woman in sheriff's custody who was at home on electronic monitoring.