- Committee OKs lifting UW out-of-state student cap Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A University of Wisconsin System committee approved a plan to lift UW-Madison's cap on out-of-state students Thursday after the campus' chancellor and system president insisted they need more freedom to attract fresh talent for Wisconsin employers.
- UW regents approve 2014-15 financial report Updated: Oct-08-15 3:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin System's Board of Regents has approved a report detailing campuses reserves and balances at the close of the 2014-15 fiscal year.
- Ex-Madison assistant principal suing school district Updated: Oct-08-15 3:21 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A former assistant principal at La Follette High School is suing the Madison School District over her demotion to a job in the district office.
- GOP lawmakers want gender restrictions in school bathrooms Updated: Oct-07-15 2:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two Republican legislators are proposing a law that would bar transgender students from using the locker room or bathroom assigned to the gender with which they identify.
- US Supreme Court lets Ho-Chunk video poker decision stand Updated: Oct-07-15 12:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A court decision to let the Ho-Chunk Nation offer video poker at its Madison casino will stand after the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear the case.
- Walker wants to work with senators on transportation money Updated: Oct-06-15 3:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker told Republican state senators on Tuesday he wants to work with them to find a way to pay for delayed road construction projects that are held up because lawmakers haven't been willing to borrow more money to pay for them.
- Wright house aimed at wider audience rediscovered in Madison Updated: Oct-06-15 1:25 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Linda McQuillen long wondered whether her 1917 home had any connection to Frank Lloyd Wright, thinking at best maybe one of his peers designed it as an imitation of the architect's famous Prairie School style. It turned out she was living in the real thing.
- 2 judges, lawyer apply for Wisconsin Supreme Court vacancy Updated: Oct-05-15 8:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two judges who have been previously appointed by Gov. Scott Walker and a longtime Madison attorney have all applied for a vacancy on the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Police looking man who hit teen after Badgers game Updated: Oct-05-15 12:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison police say they're looking for a man who punched a teenage Hawkeye fan in the face following the Badger's loss Saturday at Camp Randall.
- No injuries as small plane makes emergency landing in field Updated: Oct-03-15 2:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - No one was injured when a small plane made an emergency landing in a Dane County field.
- AP source: Bucks lock up Henson for 4 years, $44 million Updated: Oct-02-15 7:19 pm
John Henson's statistics from his first three seasons in the NBA don't really jump off the page.
- High court to hear former DOJ detective's whistleblower case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court will hear oral arguments next week in a former state Justice Department investigator's whistleblower case.
- Longtime Wisconsin union leader Marty Beil dies at 68 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Marty Beil, the burly and sometimes brusque leader of the Wisconsin state employee labor union for 30 years, has died. He was 68.
- Legislators propose raising conviction cap to $1 million Updated: Oct-01-15 5:35 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bipartisan group of state lawmakers is moving to dramatically restructure compensation rules for people wrongly convicted in Wisconsin, introducing a bill Thursday that would raise the maximum payout from $25,000 to $1 million and remove exonerees' cases from the state's public court database.
- Legislators to hold hearing on blaze pink hunting garb Updated: Oct-01-15 5:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The bill that would legalize blaze pink clothing for hunters is set for a public hearing in Madison.
- Jabari Parker a full participant as Bucks open training camp Updated: Sep-29-15 8:21 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - At the end of his first official practice after a left knee injury, Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker rested.
- Legislative task force begins study of urban education Updated: Sep-29-15 7:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Attracting and retaining teachers would be easier if Wisconsin policymakers created a more stable environment, the superintendent of Madison public schools told a legislative task force studying the issue Tuesday.
- Reporters denied access to education task force tour Updated: Sep-29-15 7:09 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The chairwoman of a legislative task force studying urban education says she doesn't know if the open meetings law was broken when television reporters were denied access to a school tour.
- Agricultural officials expect strong bean crop in Wisconsin Updated: Sep-29-15 7:48 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin may have a reputation as a major producer of milk and cheese. But the state also produces nearly half of the U.S. supply of green beans.
- Madison man struck, killed by SUV in Dane County Updated: Sep-29-15 6:09 am
CROSS PLAINS, Wisconsin - Authorities say a pedestrian from Madison was struck and killed by an SUV in Dane County.
- Wisconsin man charged with beheading mother with sword Updated: Sep-28-15 9:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin man prosecutors say is severely mentally ill was charged Monday in the death of his mother, who was beheaded with a sword.
- UW: Fetal cell line research key to biomedicine advances Updated: Sep-27-15 12:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - High in a laboratory overlooking Lake Mendota, University of Wisconsin-Madison neuroscientist Gail Robertson is looking for the next breakthrough in medical science. If Republican lawmakers will let her, that is.
- Man charged with taking upskirt videos of women Updated: Sep-25-15 7:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison man has been charged with taking videos under the skirts of unsuspecting women.
- Man found guilty in death of his girlfriend's 5-year-old son Updated: Sep-25-15 5:53 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A 25-year-old man has been found guilty in the 2013 death of his girlfriend's 5-year-old son in Dane County.
- Inmate challenges use of risk-assessment tool in sentencing Updated: Sep-24-15 11:39 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court could decide whether judges are violating the rights of criminal defendants by using a sentencing software program that assesses their potential risk to reoffend.