- Feingold to skip Democratic presidential debate in Milwaukee Updated: Feb-10-16 9:15 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Russ Feingold is skipping the Democratic presidential debate in his home state of Wisconsin.
- Senate approves online voter registration bill Updated: Feb-09-16 11:17 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate passed a bill Tuesday that would allow Wisconsin residents to register to vote online, putting the state on track to join 30 other states that offer online registration.
- Wisconsin landowners sue Enbridge over spill insurance Updated: Feb-09-16 8:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A group of Wisconsin landowners is suing Enbridge to force the company to carry spill insurance on a pipeline that will carry Canadian tar sands oil across the state.
- Patriots request waivers on RB Montee Ball, ex-Badgers back Updated: Feb-09-16 7:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The New England Patriots have requested waivers on running back Montee Ball.
- GOP to defendants: Don't spit on the prosecutor Updated: Feb-07-16 12:06 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Dodge County District Attorney Kurt Klomberg was delivering his closing argument in the prosecution of a man accused of spitting on prison guards when he heard a crumpling noise behind him. Moments later, a wad of paper hit his shoulder - filled with the inmate's saliva.
- Charges: Ex-Capitol Police officer stole, sold painting Updated: Feb-06-16 7:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A former Wisconsin Capitol Police officer is accused of stealing and selling a state-owned painting by Wisconsin artist Aaron Bohrod.
- Prosecutors allowed to appeal Walker recall probe ruling Updated: Feb-06-16 11:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court has allowed three district attorneys to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court over a closed, secret investigation into whether Gov. Scott Walker's campaign illegally coordinated with conservative groups during the 2012 recall election.
- Madison man charged with killing former co-worker Updated: Feb-06-16 10:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A 26-year-old Madison man who had been fired from a grocery store is charged in the fatal shooting of a former co-worker.
- Regents committee OKs new tenure policy Updated: Feb-05-16 4:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A University of Wisconsin System regents committee overwhelmingly approved policy changes Friday that would allow chancellors to lay off tenured professors if their programs are cut and fire them for poor performance.
- Chancellor: $8 million spent to retain Madison professors Updated: Feb-05-16 8:38 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin-Madison has spent at least $8 million since last summer to keep top faculty members following the Legislature's cuts to higher education.
- Finance committee OKs dementia bills Updated: Feb-04-16 6:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin lawmakers moved closer Thursday to passing a bipartisan package of legislation to help people cope with Alzheimer's disease and dementia after the Legislature's budget committee signed off on the last half of the proposals.
- Sun Prairie man accused in beheading to stay in institution Updated: Feb-04-16 6:15 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Sun Prairie man accused of decapitating his mother with a large sword will remain at a mental health institution for now.
- EX-Badgers QB Wilson to give Wisconsin commencement speech Updated: Feb-03-16 9:06 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin says Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson will return to Madison this spring to give the school's commencement address.
- Elections committee backs bill limiting local photo IDs Updated: Feb-03-16 5:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Senate elections committee backed a bill Wednesday that would hinder efforts in Milwaukee to provide local photo IDs to the homeless and immigrants in the country illegally.
- Walker plans to pay off debt by end of year Updated: Feb-03-16 5:07 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker says he plans to pay off his presidential campaign debt by the end of the year.
- Fitzgerald wants to bar county executives from Legislature Updated: Feb-01-16 6:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald introduced a bill Monday that would bar county executives from serving simultaneously in the Legislature, a move that could force a Democrat to decide between his lucrative executive position or a Senate seat.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Feb-01-16 1:16 pm
Wisconsin State Journal, Jan. 31
- Trap and tag project underway to deal with urban coyotes Updated: Feb-01-16 10:48 am
MILWAUKEE - A new effort to deal with urban coyotes is underway in Milwaukee County.
- Wisconsin hires former USC assistant Wilcox to lead defense Updated: Jan-28-16 7:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Former Southern California assistant Justin Wilcox is poised to become the defensive coordinator at Wisconsin.
- UW financial officer takes Texas job Updated: Jan-26-16 1:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison's vice chancellor for finance is leaving to take a job at the University of Texas.
- Wisconsin lawmaker proposes organ donation leave of absence Updated: Jan-26-16 12:10 pm
MILWAUKEE - A state senator whose husband died while waiting for a transplant is proposing legislation requiring Wisconsin employers to allow unpaid leave for donating an organ.
- Environmentalists sue DNR over records Updated: Jan-25-16 5:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A group of environmentalists has filed a lawsuit against the state Department of Natural Resources alleging the agency has delayed responses to record requests.
- Wisconsin bill would give amnesty to sexual assault victims Updated: Jan-25-16 3:35 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin legislators are proposing a bill that would ensure sexual assault victims and others who report such crimes can't be cited or disciplined for underage drinking.
- Democrats propose bill to pay for college Updated: Jan-25-16 12:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic legislators are proposing a bill that would give Wisconsin public college students grants to cover living expenses, tuition, student fees and textbooks.
- Madison standoff ends; suspect treated for apparent overdose Updated: Jan-24-16 10:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - An hourslong standoff at a Madison duplex has ended with the suspect taken into custody and treated for an apparent overdose.