- Funny lady: Madeline Kahn biography looks beyond the laughs Updated: May-04-15 2:25 pm
"Madeline Kahn: Being the Music, A Life" (University Press of Mississippi), by William V. Madison
- Madison bans discrimination against atheists, non-religious Updated: May-03-15 11:08 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - While conservatives in Indiana and Arkansas were explaining last month why their new religious objections laws weren't invitations to discriminate against gays, the leaders of Wisconsin's capital city were busy protecting the rights of another group: atheists.
- Gov. Walker signs bill for ride-hailing regulations Updated: May-02-15 10:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that creates statewide regulations on ride-hailing companies such as Uber and Lyft.
- Police groups object to 'Don't Shoot' art piece in Madison Updated: May-01-15 5:03 pm
MILWAUKEE - Police advocacy groups in Wisconsin on Friday objected to a painting displayed at the Madison Public Library that shows an African-American boy pointing a toy gun at three riot police officers who have their weapons aimed at the child, calling it inflammatory and biased.
- Police condemn mural showing officers aiming at black child Updated: May-01-15 2:17 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's largest police union is criticizing a mural hanging in Madison's downtown library that depicts officers in riot gear pointing their guns at a small black child with a water gun.
- Former coach turns self in on assault accusations Updated: Apr-30-15 1:34 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Police say a Madison high school coach accused of sexually assaulting a minor has surrendered to authorities.
- Federal appeals court says Ho-Chunk can offer video poker Updated: Apr-29-15 5:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal appeals court says the Ho-Chunk Nation can offer video poker at its Madison casino.
- 1-day cycling event to go across southern Wisconsin Updated: Apr-29-15 10:26 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Cycling enthusiasts are planning a new bike riding event across southern Wisconsin from Dubuque, Iowa, to Kenosha.
- Madison homicide victim identified Updated: Apr-27-15 11:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Authorities have identified a homicide victim in Madison more than a week after the man was found dead.
- Carbon monoxide victim from Junction City Updated: Apr-27-15 11:23 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The person who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the Midwest Horse Fair in Madison has been identified as a Junction City man.
- Wisconsin lawmaker targeting drunken driving again Updated: Apr-26-15 1:05 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin lawmaker is trying again to increase penalties for drunken driving in the only state in the nation where first-time offenders face tickets, not jail time.
- Chryst showcases his players in Wisconsin's spring game Updated: Apr-25-15 9:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Perhaps the best way to measure how firmly Joel Stave has taken control of the quarterback reins at Wisconsin is to underscore how little he needed to display at Saturday's spring game.
- Sheriff holds media force session ahead of shooting decision Updated: Apr-25-15 1:01 pm
WAUNAKEE, Wisconsin - A month after a white Madison police officer shot and killed an unarmed biracial man, the sheriff's department is trying to build understanding of the training it gives on how to deal with split-second life and death decisions.
- Cost to protect Walker more than tripled since predecessor Updated: Apr-24-15 6:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Security costs for Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch last year were more than three times what it cost to protect Walker's Democratic predecessor in 2010, records released Friday to The Associated Press show.
- Wisconsin DOJ files motion to dismiss right-to-work lawsuit Updated: Apr-24-15 4:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - State attorneys are asking a judge to toss out a lawsuit challenging Wisconsin's right-to-work law.
- Wisconsin man pleads not guilty to trying to join terrorists Updated: Apr-24-15 12:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin man pleaded not guilty Friday to a federal charge that he tried to join the Islamic State terror group.
- Ex-deputy with Lou Gehrig's disease not guilty in killings Updated: Apr-23-15 5:55 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A jury on Thursday found a former Wisconsin sheriff's deputy with Lou Gehrig's disease not legally responsible in the killing of his wife and sister-in-law.
- Budget panel votes to eliminate 13 vacant DNR positions Updated: Apr-22-15 6:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Thirteen vacant positions dealing with fish and wildlife issues within the state Department of Natural Resources would be eliminated, but fees to hunt and fish would not go up, under a cost-saving move approved by the Legislature's budget committee Wednesday.
- Appeals court: Navajo inmate can wear headband, eat venison Updated: Apr-22-15 5:30 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Navajo Indian imprisoned in Wisconsin can wear a headband in his cell and celebrate a tribal feast with wild venison, a federal appeals court has ruled.
- 2 charged with killing a man whose body was found in lake Updated: Apr-22-15 7:46 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Prosecutors in Dane County allege one of two men charged with stabbing a man and dumping his body in Lake Mendota has admitted to the crime.
- Wisconsin poverty measure rises in 2013 despite job gains Updated: Apr-21-15 11:05 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new study shows poverty rose slightly in Wisconsin from 2012 to 2013, despite some job gains.
- Alvarez: New football coach Paul Chryst making strides Updated: Apr-20-15 8:23 pm
- Chemistry Ph.D. student illustrates her thesis in comic book Updated: Apr-20-15 2:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Late last spring, a doctoral student worked late into the night. As she doodled, her chemistry thesis took on a life of its own, transforming into a comic book.
- 3 more men arrested in Wisconsin informant's death Updated: Apr-20-15 2:20 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Sheriff's deputies have arrested three more men in connection with a state drug informant's death.
- New evidence gets tested in 1982 killing of Edgerton woman Updated: Apr-20-15 10:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Detectives in Dane County are hopeful that new evidence in a 32-year-old homicide case will help them finally solve it.