- Backlash over Wisconsin GOP plan to tighten open records law Updated: Jul-03-15 6:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Opposition mounted Friday to a surprise Republican budget measure that would exempt from Wisconsin open records laws nearly everything created by state and local government officials, including drafts of legislation and communications with staff.
- Wisconsin budget passes committee, heads to full Legislature Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's finance committee finally completed its revisions to Gov. Scott Walker's state budget plan after a five-week delay early Friday morning, clearing the way for votes in the full Senate and Assembly.
- Obama draws sharp contrasts with 'mean' Republicans Updated: Jul-02-15 5:39 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Wading into presidential politics, President Barack Obama on Thursday promoted his brand of middle-class economics by drawing sharp contrasts with "mean" Republicans in a state whose GOP governor was preparing to enter the vast 2016 presidential field.
- In Wisconsin, Sanders appeals to like-minded liberals Updated: Jul-01-15 10:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders touted his progressive credentials before his largest crowd to date Wednesday night as he pushed his campaign into Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker's backyard.
- Sanders attracts 10,000 boisterous supporters in Madison Updated: Jul-01-15 9:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders attracted about 10,000 boisterous supporters at a rally in Madison to show that his bid to snatch the Democratic nomination from front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton isn't a longshot after all.
- News from around Wisconsin at 5:28 a.m. CDT Updated: Jul-01-15 7:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislative leaders have reached a deal on a new state budget that drops a financing plan for a new Milwaukee Bucks stadium and changes to the prevailing wage law, co-chairs of the Legislature's budget committee said Tuesday.
- Obama's Wisconsin visit comes as Walker prepares campaign Updated: Jun-30-15 9:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - President Barack Obama is bringing his push to raise salaries for low-income workers to Wisconsin, where Gov. Scott Walker angered set off a firestorm and built his expected run for the White House around curtailing collective bargaining powers and enacting a right-to-work law.
- Authorities seize synthetic drugs at Madison gas stations Updated: Jun-30-15 8:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Search warrants say drug agents seized about 3,000 packets of synthetic marijuana from two Madison gas stations.
- Correction: Wisconsin-Ryan Retiring story Updated: Jun-30-15 3:12 pm
In a story June 29 about coach Bo Ryan's retirement plans, The Associated Press reported erroneously who hired Ryan at Wisconsin. It was Pat Richter, the Badgers' athletic director at the time.
- Madison police searching for man who attacked officer Updated: Jun-28-15 10:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Madison police are searching for a man who attacked a police officer following a domestic altercation.
- Man arrested for threats at Wisconsin summer camp Updated: Jun-27-15 4:47 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Madison police have arrested a man who authorities say threatened staff at the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County during a children's summer camp.
- Charges: Wisconsin man said he 'wanted to hit' pedestrian Updated: Jun-27-15 4:01 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Sauk City man accused of striking and killing a woman as she crossed a Madison street told police he "wanted to hit her," according to a criminal complaint.
- Police: Synthetic marijuana found at 2 Madison stores Updated: Jun-27-15 12:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Court documents say Madison police found large amounts of synthetic marijuana when they searched two convenience stores this week.
- Wisconsin gay marriage supporters relieved by court ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 5:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gay marriage has been legal in Wisconsin for months, but supporters still trumpeted a U.S. Supreme Court ruling Friday legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide with relief and joy, saying it cements same-sex unions in the state.
- The Latest: Bishop says marriage is always 1 man, 1 woman Updated: Jun-26-15 5:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The latest reactions to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision Friday to legalize same-sex marriage in all 50 states (all times are local):
- Reaction to health care ruling breaks along party lines Updated: Jun-25-15 2:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrats and advocates for the poor in Wisconsin cheered the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling Thursday to uphold subsidies under President Barack Obama's federal health care overhaul, while Republicans renewed their calls to repeal the 2010 law.
- Madison synagogue acquires Torah written by woman Updated: Jun-25-15 7:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Jewish synagogue in Madison is acquiring a Torah that has some special significance - it's one of only 12 Torahs worldwide that's written by a woman.
- Unemployment up in most Wisconsin cities, counties Updated: Jun-24-15 7:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Unemployment rates increased in most Wisconsin counties and 31 of the state's 32 largest cities in May.
- Wisconsin agency seeks to educate public about invasive worm Updated: Jun-24-15 4:17 pm
MILWAUKEE - An invasive worm that's turned up in several parts of the state since being seen for the first time in Madison in 2013 is the target of a new public education campaign by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Ex-Dane County deputy guilty of sex assault for relationship Updated: Jun-24-15 7:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A former Dane County deputy has been found guilty of sexual assault for his relationship with a woman who was in sheriff's custody, but at home on electronic monitoring.
- Madison woman gets 5 years in man's drug overdose death Updated: Jun-23-15 5:49 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A 36-year-old Madison woman has been sentenced to five years in prison for her role in the 2014 death of a man from a drug overdose.
- Construction on Madison skate park progresses swiftly Updated: Jun-22-15 5:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Construction on one of the largest skate parks in Wisconsin is progressing swiftly in Madison.
- Charges: Ex-butcher told investigator how she killed husband Updated: Jun-20-15 4:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A woman charged with stabbing her husband to death told investigators she had worked as a butcher in Russia and killed him "professionally," just like she would have done at work, a criminal complaint alleges.
- Wisconsin school district bans American Indian team logos Updated: Jun-19-15 1:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Sports fans may have to leave their Blackhawks, Indians or Redskins gear at home if they plan on entering a Madison public school next year.
- Man's body found in silo on farm in Dane County Updated: Jun-19-15 2:28 am
BLUE MOUNDS, Wisconsin - Authorities say a man's body has been found in a silo on his property in Dane County.