- New bill would ban minors from using tanning beds Updated: Aug-29-15 11:19 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Children of all ages would be barred from using tanning beds in Wisconsin under a bill moving through the state Legislature.
- American Family doubles spending at UW-Madison Updated: Aug-27-15 7:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - American Family Insurance is doubling its spending on advertising and donations at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Walker administration assigns armed guards to DOJ offices Updated: Aug-26-15 12:05 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's administration plans to post armed security guards at the entrances to the state Department of Justice's Madison headquarters.
- Alliant project at Madison headquarters studies solar energy Updated: Aug-26-15 6:49 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Alliant Energy is studying solar-energy technology in a project outside its Madison headquarters.
- Wisconsin prisons relax solitary confinement policies Updated: Aug-24-15 5:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin prison officials have quietly relaxed solitary confinement policies over the past year, according to a report from a nonprofit journalism training center.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Aug-21-15 12:37 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Aug. 20
- State settles unused trains lawsuit for nearly $10 million Updated: Aug-20-15 1:47 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state of Wisconsin will pay a Spanish manufacturer nearly $10 million for two trains it built that were never used after Republican Gov. Scott Walker abandoned a rail project.
- Man gets 3 years in prison for crash that killed best friend Updated: Aug-20-15 6:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Columbia County man has been sentenced to three years in prison for driving drunk and causing a crash that killed his best friend.
- Authorities release name of Madison man killed in stabbing Updated: Aug-20-15 6:19 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Authorities have released the name of a Madison man they say was fatally stabbed by his on-again, off-again girlfriend.
- Justice officials move to dismiss redistricting lawsuit Updated: Aug-19-15 8:02 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Department of Justice has moved to dismiss a lawsuit filed over a state legislative district map, claiming the 2011 lines were drawn to the advantage of Republicans.
- Man pleads guilty to charges for extorting nude photos Updated: Aug-18-15 5:49 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison man has pleaded guilty to charges of making threats and stalking for trying to extort women he met online to send him nude photos of themselves.
- Construction worker dies after 60-foot fall at Madison site Updated: Aug-17-15 6:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Officials say a 25-year-old construction worker died after falling 60 feet at the site of a future apartment building in downtown Madison.
- Residents uncertain about return to apartments near sinkhole Updated: Aug-16-15 5:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Some residents displaced from a Madison apartment complex after a burst pipe caused a huge sinkhole are uncertain about when they can return.
- Attorneys spar over secretary of state cuts Updated: Aug-14-15 11:07 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Secretary of State Doug La Follette tried to persuade a judge Friday to temporarily block provisions in the state budget that slash La Follette's budget by nearly 50 percent, arguing the cuts have crippled his office and he can't fulfill his duties.
- Syracuse and Wisconsin to play home-and-home series Updated: Aug-13-15 10:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin and Syracuse will play a home-and-home series starting in 2020.
- Kraft Heinz layoffs include 165 in Madison Updated: Aug-13-15 10:22 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Kraft Heinz's plan to cut hundreds of jobs includes dozens of nonunion positions in Madison.
- Family of biracial man killed by Madison officer files suit Updated: Aug-12-15 6:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The family of a biracial man who was shot and killed by a Wisconsin police officer filed a federal civil rights lawsuit Wednesday, alleging the officer's actions were unconstitutional.
- Property values in Wisconsin increase for second year Updated: Aug-12-15 4:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance says property values statewide have risen for a second year.
- Jail time for man who posted nude photos of ex-girlfriend Updated: Aug-12-15 8:40 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison man has been sentenced to six months in jail for posting nude photos of an ex-girlfriend on the Internet.
- City, family reach settlement in Madison police shooting Updated: Aug-11-15 3:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The city of Madison and the family of a musician a police officer killed have reached a $2.3 million settlement.
- Madison-based company celebrates success of space lettuce Updated: Aug-11-15 11:46 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - An aerospace research company based in Madison is celebrating a milestone in its development of a greenhouse used aboard the International Space Station.
- Police: Man climbs Madison construction crane, takes selfie Updated: Aug-11-15 6:01 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Police say a 25-year-old man was arrested after he climbed a 10-story construction crane in downtown Madison and took a selfie.
- Man accused of using stun gun in motorist dispute Updated: Aug-10-15 1:35 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison man has been arrested for using a stun gun during a road rage incident.
- Bill banning use of aborted fetal tissue gets hearing Updated: Aug-10-15 11:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers oppose a bill that would ban the use of aborted fetal tissue in Wisconsin.
- New Wisconsin coach Chryst brings stability at quarterback Updated: Aug-09-15 5:26 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Paul Chryst instituted at least one noticeable change in the offseason that could pay off in his first training camp as Wisconsin's head coach.