- Hawaii snaps 8-game skid, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe Updated: Nov-29-15 2:48 am
HONOLULU - Paul Harris ran 27 times for 166 yards and a touchdown to help Hawaii snap an eight-game losing streak on Saturday night, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe.
- Gray Jr. has 22, leads Houston past Louisiana-Monroe 76-64 Updated: Nov-28-15 10:12 pm
HOUSTON - Rob Gray Jr. had a career-high 22 points and LeRon Barnes added 15 with 11 rebounds as Houston had a strong second half to beat Louisiana Monroe 76-64 on Saturday night.
- Endom brothers built bridge Updated: Nov-25-15 11:31 am
MONROE, Louisiana - The Endom Bridge is named for Robert and Fred Endom, two Monroe men who played a large part in creating the first path linking Monroe and West Monroe, but it wasn't always so.
- Suspect in Winnsboro murder found dead Updated: Nov-24-15 6:12 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - The search for a Winnsboro murder suspect has ended with the accused apparently taking his own life at a Monroe motel.
- Corps hoping to have upper Ouachita River lock repaired soon Updated: Nov-24-15 10:01 am
MONROE, Louisiana - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will work through Thanksgiving to repair a pivotal lock on the upper Ouachita River with the hopes of having the work completed soon.
- Edwards names team to lead transition to governor's office Updated: Nov-23-15 4:01 am
NEW ORLEANS - Gov.-elect John Bel Edwards has picked seven people to lead his transition into the governor's office.
- Morehouse hospital board considers 3 lease proposals Updated: Nov-21-15 5:04 pm
BASTROP, Louisiana - The directors of Morehouse General Hospital say they will talk to three companies about leasing or managing the hospital.
- Jones, White lead Texas State over Louisiana-Monroe 16-3 Updated: Nov-20-15 1:11 am
SAN MARCOS, Texas - Tyler Jones and Lawrence White connected for a pair of touchdown passes on Thursday night, and Texas State snapped a three-game losing streak with a 16-3 win over Louisiana-Monroe.
- Deng leads Louisiana-Monroe over Northwestern State, 80-64 Updated: Nov-19-15 10:12 pm
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - Majok Deng scored 19 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Louisiana-Monroe to an 80-64 victory over Northwestern State on Thursday night.
- ULM developing plan for football coaching search Updated: Nov-17-15 7:36 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Monroe President Nick Bruno and athletic director Brian Wickstrom plan to meet over the next couple of days and hope to have a plan finalized to begin the search for a new football coach.
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Updated: Nov-15-15 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A young Minnesota squad learned some good and bad about itself in the second half Sunday.
- Arkansas State takes control to beat Louisiana-Monroe 59-21 Updated: Nov-14-15 9:12 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Fredi Knighten threw for 300 yards and five touchdowns passes, and ran for a score as Arkansas State maintained sole possession of first place in the Sun Belt Conference with a 59-21 win over Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday night.
- Louisiana-Monroe fires coach Todd Berry Updated: Nov-14-15 9:00 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Monroe athletic director Brian Wickstrom says football coach Todd Berry has been fired.
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Updated: Nov-13-15 4:48 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Majok Deng and DeMondre Harvey scored 14 points each and Louisiana-Monroe beat McMurry 88-43 on Friday.
- Escaped Louisiana inmate captured in New Jersey Updated: Nov-13-15 5:57 am
MONROE TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities in New Jersey have captured an inmate who fled a work-release program in Louisiana.
- Benton attorney pleads guilty to bankruptcy fraud Updated: Nov-12-15 8:34 am
MONROE, Louisiana - A Benton attorney pleaded guilty to collecting filing fees from clients without informing the bankruptcy court.
- Ouachita Parish schools to distribute 14th check Friday Updated: Nov-12-15 8:23 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Juanita Duke, director of business for the Ouachita Parish School Board, said the board will distribute the 14th check to staff on Friday.
- Former state trooper accused of malfeasance back in court Updated: Nov-09-15 12:26 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - The former Louisiana state trooper accused of payroll fraud, malfeasance and conspiracy to distribute cocaine will return to court in January.
- Silvers throws for 4 TDs, Troy routs Louisiana-Monroe 51-14 Updated: Nov-07-15 7:38 pm
TROY, Alabama - Brandon Silvers threw for 326 yards and four touchdowns and Troy routed Louisiana-Monroe, 51-14 in a Sun Belt Conference battle Saturday.
- Kansas City Southern to spend $6.5M to improve track Updated: Nov-05-15 8:32 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Kansas City Southern says it will invest approximately $6.5 million in 2015 on rail and bridge improvement projects on its Vicksburg Subdivision.
- Louisiana-Monroe School of Pharmacy awarded $1.2M grant Updated: Nov-04-15 9:52 am
MONROE, Louisiana - The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has awarded grants to three Louisiana-Monroe facility members in the School of Pharmacy's Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, totaling nearly $1.2 million.
- Monroe police search for suspect in Monday's bank robbery Updated: Nov-03-15 8:05 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Monroe police continue to search for a man accused of committing an armed robbery at Community Trust Bank.
- La.'s hospital partners balk at contract restructuring Updated: Nov-02-15 4:03 am
MONROE, Louisiana - The chief executives in charge of running state hospitals in seven cities have gotten together to fight the possibility of losing some of the public money they're paid.
- Louisiana Lafayette rallies to beat Louisiana Monroe 30-24 Updated: Oct-31-15 8:53 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Brooks Haack threw for a TD and ran for another and Louisiana Lafayette cashed in on a blocked punt and penalty to rally to beat Louisiana Monroe 30-24 Saturday in the 51st Battle on the Bayou rivalry game.