- Wounded South Sudan rebels fear hospital Updated: Mar-07-14 1:58 pm
- Pay dispute, sounds of war rattle S. Sudan capital Updated: Mar-05-14 9:58 am
- UN says civilians targeted in South Sudan violence Updated: Feb-21-14 9:18 pm
- 20 S Sudan soldiers charged for killing civilians Updated: Feb-17-14 2:29 pm
- What cease-fire? South Sudan violence persists Updated: Feb-12-14 9:50 am
BOR, South Sudan - Satine Riek remembers the sting as the bullet pierced his leg. The 26-year-old soldier, who recently defected from South Sudan's army, was shot last month when government troops recaptured the town of Bor.
JUBA, South Sudan - The sounds of war rattled the capital of South Sudan on Wednesday after violence broke out inside the military over a pay dispute, and five soldiers were killed, officials said.
UNITED NATIONS - Civilians in South Sudan have been the main target of recent ethnic violence that likely killed thousands and subjected thousands more to rape, arbitrary arrest, torture and the looting and burning of their homes, the United Nations said Friday in its first report on human rights abuses during the conflict.
JUBA, South Sudan - More than 20 South Sudanese soldiers have been charged with murdering civilians, a South Sudanese military official said Monday.
JUBA, South Sudan - Cluster bombs. Rebel forces advancing on a major city. Accusations of continuing attacks. The cease-fire in South Sudan appears to not be holding.