- Oak Ridge researcher testing a better clothes dryer Updated: Jun-23-15 4:06 am
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - A researcher at Oak Ridge National Laboratory is experimenting with a quick way to dry clothes that doesn't use a lot of energy.
- Roane reappraisal do-over leaves local governments in limbo Updated: Jun-22-15 11:46 am
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - Local governments in Roane County have been left unsure of how to set property tax rates, as state employees try to complete a reappraisal that officials say was being done incorrectly at the county level.
- Airborne irritant afflicts workers in Y-12's oldest building Updated: Jun-12-15 4:06 am
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - An airborne irritant in the Y-12 nuclear weapons complex's oldest building has afflicted at least five workers in recent months.
- Grand Ole Opry member Jim Ed Brown has died at 81 Updated: Jun-11-15 11:10 pm
Jim Ed Brown, a longtime Grand Ole Opry member who had solo and group hits and was a prominent figure on country music television shows, died Thursday. He was 81.
- Manhattan Project park will require cooperation, planning Updated: Jun-06-15 5:17 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Federal employees and Los Alamos officials have started meeting to discuss an ambitious plan: to create a new national park scattered across three different states and dedicated to the history of the atomic bomb.
- Former Y-12 contractor faces fines over worker injuries Updated: Jun-06-15 11:02 am
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - The Department of Energy is proposing a $150,000 fine against the former contractor at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge.