- Vermont woman pleads guilty to Easter goods theft Updated: Apr-15-14 4:37 pm
- Vermont writers group to host spring program Updated: Apr-13-14 12:56 pm
- Police investigate crash with empty school bus Updated: Apr-10-14 10:07 am
- Suspect absent from court after shootings Updated: Apr-07-14 5:30 pm
- Southern Champlain water quality in spotlight Updated: Apr-07-14 4:35 am
- Police say drugs smuggled into prison on baby Updated: Apr-04-14 1:32 pm
- Vermont awards millions to health care providers Updated: Apr-02-14 7:14 pm
- State senators: Time needed for child abuse review Updated: Apr-02-14 4:59 pm
- Man gets 15 years in prison in child pornography case Updated: Apr-02-14 7:01 am
- Southern Vt. basin plan part of wider cleanup Updated: Mar-31-14 1:46 pm
- Chittenden declared Vermont's healthiest county Updated: Mar-26-14 6:52 pm
- NY man sentenced in Vt. to 5 years on drug charges Updated: Mar-26-14 3:12 pm
- Drug charges in Mass. against 2 Vermont residents Updated: Mar-22-14 2:46 pm
- Vt. college students studying city challenges Updated: Mar-21-14 8:05 am
- Vermont judge: Child custody tough to legislate Updated: Mar-19-14 6:26 pm
- Juror misconduct hearing in Vt. death penalty case Updated: Mar-19-14 5:01 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont woman has pleaded guilty to shoplifting mostly Easter goodies from Wal-Mart.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The League of Vermont Writers will be hosting its annual spring program in Rutland on the topic of pitching projects to literary agents.
RUTLAND, Vermont - Vermont State Police say Route 3 is closed in the town of Rutland following a crash involving an empty school bus at a railroad crossing.
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont man charged with shooting and wounding two state police troopers and a disabled neighbor in his bed refused to appear in court Monday to answer four attempted murder charges, but his attorney entered a not guilty plea on his behalf.
RUTLAND, Vermont - Water quality in the southern Lake Champlain basin will be the focus of upcoming public hearings in Pawlet and Orwell.
RUTLAND, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a couple attempted to smuggle drugs into the Marble Valley Correctional Facility by attaching them to a baby.
RUTLAND, Vermont - Vermont awarded more than $2.6 million in grants to health care providers Wednesday in a push to cut costs and promote health care innovation across the state.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - As Vermont lawmakers finished their fourth meeting about child protection issues Wednesday, the only thing that became clear was how much work remained to be done: senators said they would need more time, more input from Vermonters and possibly subpoena power to dig deep into the state's child abuse policy.
RUTLAND, Vermont - A man who pleaded guilty to a child pornography charge in Vermont has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
RUTLAND, Vermont - Water bodies across the state, including rivers in the Southern Champlain Basin, will be targeted in efforts to clean up Lake Champlain, state officials said Monday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The 2014 County Health Rankings released Wednesday revealed health inequalities across the state, taking into account factors including quality of life and access to medical care, according to the Vermont Department of Health.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A New York man has been sentenced to almost five years in prison for conspiring to distribute crack cocaine and heroin in Rutland.
HOLYOKE, Massachusetts - Massachusetts state police say a traffic violations in the western Massachusetts town of Holyoke have led to the arrest of a Vermont woman who was transporting about 1,400 packets of heroin back to her state.
MIDDLEBURY, Vermont - A group of students at Vermont's Middlebury College is studying issues in the community of Rutland as part of an environmental studies seminar.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A month after a Rutland County toddler suffered severe head trauma and died, Vermont senators ended a second committee meeting Wednesday to review state laws protecting children from abuse and heard testimony that changing the laws might not address the problem.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Lawyers for a man on federal death row for abducting and killing a Vermont woman in 2000 are arguing this week that some jurors either misled lawyers about their backgrounds or engaged in questionable conduct.