- Mother of man charged with holding wife: She chose to stay Updated: May-27-15 4:28 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - The mother of a man charged with holding his wife captive in the bedroom of their home says the woman wanted to be locked in by her husband.
- 7 ducklings rescued from Home Depot storm drain in Rutland Updated: May-26-15 5:08 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Seven ducklings that were rescued from a Home Depot storm drain in Rutland after falling through the grate are being cared for by a woman who sells flowers to the store.
- About 500 bicyclists to participate in Killington Stage Race Updated: May-23-15 8:50 am
KILLINGTON, Vermont - About 500 bicyclists from around the country and Canada are expected to participate in the Killington Stage Race over the Memorial Day weekend.
- Rutland police part of nationwide transparency initiative Updated: May-22-15 6:09 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The Rutland City Police Department has joined 20 other police forces from around the country in a White House initiative to improve local policing and build community trust.
- Vermont police continue to seek missing Connecticut woman Updated: May-22-15 12:28 pm
NEW HAVEN, Vermont - Vermont State Police detectives are continuing to search for a Connecticut woman who has been missing since January.
- Police: Vermont man held wife captive in padlocked bedroom Updated: May-19-15 6:02 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - A man charged with holding his wife captive in their home over four years by padlocking her into a bedroom and boarding the windows shut could face life in prison if convicted.
- Former inn employee pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: May-14-15 5:05 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont woman has pleaded guilty to bank and wire fraud charges accusing her of embezzling $70,000 from the Brandon Inn where she worked as front desk manager.
- Vermont colleges hold graduations this weekend Updated: May-09-15 4:26 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - It's graduation season and a number of Vermont colleges are holding their commencements this weekend.
- City officials to consider funding valve replacement Updated: May-07-15 1:28 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The city's public works commissioner may delay funding for pipe replacements and instead put in new valves because of a massive water leak.
- Vermont poultry producers take precautions against bird flu Updated: May-03-15 12:39 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Poultry producers in northern New England are taking precautions against a virulent form of bird flu that has wiped out millions of birds in the Midwest.