- Group says IRS ruling could promote community solar projects Updated: Sep-01-15 6:50 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Vermont man who bought 10 solar panels as part of a jointly owned solar power project is poised to get 30 percent of his cost added to his income tax refund after the Internal Revenue Service ruled he could take the same tax credit used by some of the people who put solar panels on their roofs.
- Officials: Fire kills 2 pets, displaces several people Updated: Sep-01-15 3:26 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Fire officials say a dog and cat were killed and at least eight people were displaced in a fire at a Vermont apartment house.
- Cops: Vermont man trafficked drugs out of mobile home Updated: Aug-26-15 2:20 pm
BRANDON, Vermont - A drug bust in western Vermont has led police to charge a 40-year-old man with selling drugs out of his mobile home while living with his mother and a juvenile.
- 2 homeless pythons given to Vermont man headed to sanctuary Updated: Aug-25-15 4:31 pm
NORTH CLARENDON, Vermont - Two giant southeast Asian pythons that were rescued by a long-time snake collector and were turned over to state game wardens are headed to a sanctuary.
- Officials release plan for more than 900 trails in Vermont Updated: Aug-19-15 4:01 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Green Mountain National Forest officials have released a plan for maintaining more than 900 miles of trails in Vermont.
- Civil suit alleging racial hostility will go to jury trial Updated: Aug-13-15 8:19 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A former Rutland City police officer's civil suit alleging various acts of racial discrimination is set to go to trial.
- 150,000 gallons of sewage released into Vermont creek Updated: Aug-07-15 4:49 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Officials are warning people to stay out of East Creek from Rutland to Proctor, Vermont, after up to 150,000 gallons of untreated sewage was discharged into the waterway.
- Vermont gets $3 million to expand opioid addiction treatment Updated: Aug-07-15 4:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont is getting $3 million in federal funding to expand treatment options for addiction to heroin and other opioids, officials announced Friday.