- Fired Astoria instructor files civil rights complaint Updated: Jun-22-15 6:18 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - A former instructor at the Tongue Point Jobs Corps center in Astoria is claiming sexual and disability discrimination against her employer.
- Coast Guard medevacs ailing seaman from ship off Ore. coast Updated: Jun-06-15 1:17 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - The Coast Guard says a helicopter crew from Astoria, Oregon, has medevaced an ailing 51-year-old man from a German-flagged container ship 70 miles off the Oregon coast.
- Fake orca nearly drowns before it can scare Ore. sea lions Updated: Jun-05-15 1:59 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - An effort to use a fake, life-sized orca to scare off hundreds of sea lions crowding docks off the Oregon coast ended, at least temporarily, Thursday night with the fiberglass creature belly-up after it was swamped by a passing ship.
- Astoria bowling alley is a mecca for "The Goonies" fans Updated: Jun-04-15 5:13 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - In the opening scene of "The Goonies," the sinister Fratellis flee from the county jail - now the Oregon Film Museum - and the crime family takes police on a high-speed chase through Astoria. The chase causes beloved Goonie Chunk to leap from his arcade game toward a window, where he smears pizza and spills his milkshake in excitement.
- Astoria debates developing waterfront, protecting views Updated: Jun-03-15 7:40 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Brushing aside emotional appeals to do more to protect views of the Astoria Bridge and Columbia River, the Astoria City Council has agreed to place new development restrictions in Uniontown but preserve the region's history as a working waterfront.