- Lumber company owner purchases historic Flavel home Updated: May-22-15 12:59 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The owner of City Lumber Company has purchased the historic Flavel home that has been left vacant for 25 years.
- Former state trooper takes plea deal in child pornography case Updated: May-21-15 12:53 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - A former Oregon State Police trooper is facing a maximum of one year in jail and a $6,250 fine after he pleaded guilty last week to lesser charges in a child pornography case.
- Astoria council rejects linking police budget to citations Updated: May-19-15 4:07 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Astoria City Council members say they were too worried about turning police officers into bounty hunters to approve boosting the department's budget with fees on low-level crime.
- Lewis and Clark park raising entrance fee to $5 Updated: May-17-15 6:19 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - Visitors will pay more next year to enter Lewis and Clark National Historical Park.
- Ore. authorities arrest man accused of abducting Calif. girl Updated: May-14-15 10:37 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - An Everett, Washington, man accused of abducting a 15-year-old California girl he met online, sexually assaulting her and finally letting her go in Oregon was arrested Thursday by police and FBI agents on the north Oregon coast.
- Missing California girl found at Oregon restaurant Updated: May-12-15 1:43 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Police in Astoria, Oregon, say a missing California teenager has turned up at a local fast-food restaurant, and they're seeking a Washington state man they've labeled a "suspected abductor."
- Partnership to build new cancer treatment center in Astoria Updated: May-10-15 2:19 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Columbia Memorial Hospital and Oregon Health & Science University's Knight Cancer Institute say they're planning to build a new cancer treatment center in Astoria, Oregon.
- Astoria man sentenced to 50 years in prison for raping girl Updated: May-02-15 4:18 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - An Astoria man who was accused of raping a 10-year-old girl last year has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Coast Guard reassigns commander, citing loss of confidence Updated: Apr-23-15 6:16 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The commander of a U.S. Coast Guard vessel has been temporarily relieved of his post, and the service said it has lost confidence in his ability to lead.