- Sanfrecce Hiroshima beats Kawasaki 2-1 in J-League Updated: Mar-08-14 7:56 am
- Osaka to host all-star concert on Int'l Jazz Day Updated: Mar-04-14 3:00 am
- Japan names 23-man squad for New Zealand friendly Updated: Feb-27-14 3:45 am
- Japan looks to wrest Asian club crown from China Updated: Feb-23-14 10:56 pm
- Forlan set for next challenge in Japan Updated: Feb-12-14 6:44 am
HIROSHIMA, Japan - Tsukasa Shiotani scored a last-minute freekick to give defending champion Sanfrecce Hiroshima a 2-1 home win over Kawasaki Frontale in the J-League on Saturday.
NEW YORK - Herbie Hancock reckons he's performed more often in Japan than in his hometown of Chicago during his professional career. The pianist will be back next month for an all-star concert at Osaka Castle Park highlighting the third annual International Jazz Day.
TOKYO - Japan coach Alberto Zaccheroni has named Milan's Keisuke Honda and Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa to a 23-man squad for next week's World Cup warm-up against New Zealand.
SEOUL - Pressure is mounting on Japanese clubs to emulate the regional dominance of their national side as the Asian Champions League kicks off this Tuesday, with J-League sides looking to break a five-year drought in the continental competition.
OSAKA, Japan - Uruguay forward Diego Forlan says he had no hesitation about taking his career to Japan where he will become the most high-profile player in the J-League in years.