- Kuwait court clears 70 over parliament storming Updated: Dec-09-13 7:44 am
- Iran envoy meets Kuwaiti emir in latest outreach Updated: Dec-01-13 9:37 am
- Activists: Kuwait, UAE sentences for tweets Updated: Nov-18-13 9:05 am
- Economic agenda dominates Afro-Arab gathering Updated: Nov-18-13 3:58 am
- Filipinos abroad seek news, rally aid after Haiyan Updated: Nov-15-13 8:49 am
KUWAIT CITY - A Kuwaiti court on Monday acquitted 70 members of the country's opposition, including several former lawmakers, of charges related to the 2011 storming of the parliament in the oil-rich nation.
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat met with Kuwait's ruler Sunday on his first visit to the Western-allied Gulf state since Iran's moderate President Hassan Rouhani took office in August.
KUWAIT CITY - Twitter users in two Gulf Arab countries received prison terms Monday, rights activist said, in the latest sign of widening crackdowns in the region on social media for posts considered offensive or against state security.
KUWAIT CITY - Kuwait is urging greater strategic and commercial links between the Arab world and sub-Saharan Africa, as top envoys from more than 65 countries gather to discuss security and economic concerns linking the two regions.
HONG KONG - They gather in California churches, in Hong Kong shopping malls, at prayer vigils in Bahrain and on hastily launched Facebook pages. Philippine overseas workers, cut off from home after a super-typhoon killed thousands, are coming together to pray, swap information and launch aid drives.