- US-led coalition unleashes wave of airstrikes on Raqqa Updated: Jul-05-15 12:26 pm
BEIRUT - U.S.-led coalition aircraft unleashed a wave of airstrikes targeting the Islamic State group's stronghold of Raqqa in eastern Syria in what the coalition said Sunday was one of its most sustained aerial operations carried out in Syria to date.
- Sectarian shooting wounds 7 people south of Lebanese capital Updated: Jul-01-15 7:35 am
BEIRUT - Supporters of rival Lebanese factions clashed early on Wednesday in a coastal town south of Beirut, leaving several people wounded, the country's state news agency and a security official said.
- Saudi cables suggest money links with media Updated: Jun-23-15 5:12 pm
BEIRUT - A financially troubled Lebanese TV network received a $2 million Saudi bailout in return for adopting a pro-Riyadh editorial policy. A news agency in Guinea got a $2,000 gift, while small publications across the Arab world received tens of thousands of dollars in inflated subscription fees.
- Lebanon minister vows to punish guards after beating video Updated: Jun-21-15 12:10 pm
BEIRUT - A Lebanese minister vowed Sunday to bring to justice guards seen in online video clips beating Islamists detained in a notorious prison where imprisoned militants were once suspected of directing terror attacks.
- Northbridge bridge named after fallen Marine Updated: Jun-15-15 8:06 am
NORTHBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A bridge in Northbridge has been named in honor of a U.S. Marine from town who was killed in the 1983 bombing of the Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Lebanon army conducts live-fire demonstration of US missiles Updated: Jun-10-15 10:40 am
BEIRUT - The Lebanese army on Wednesday conducted a live-fire demonstration of advanced missiles supplied by the United States to help combat Islamic extremists along the country's volatile border with Syria.
- Hezbollah threatens to displace 'millions' of Israelis Updated: Jun-05-15 11:52 am
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group says "millions" of Israelis will be displaced in case of a new conflict between the Shiite group and the Jewish state.