- The Latest: Putin: Russia to cooperate with US-led coalition Updated: Nov-26-15 3:21 pm
BEIRUT - The latest developments regarding the war in Syria. All times local.
- Report: Hezbollah kills IS figure involved in Beirut blast Updated: Nov-26-15 6:11 am
BEIRUT - A Hezbollah TV station says a joint operation by the Lebanese militant group and Syrian security agents killed an Islamic State figure suspected of involvement in Beirut's deadly bombing earlier this month.
- Bipartisan push in Senate for war powers after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-19-15 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Paris attacks have given new impetus to a bipartisan push to approve new war powers to fight Islamic State militants, with Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday joining Republican and Democratic lawmakers in calling for what would be the first war vote in Congress in 13 years.
- IS attacks claim more than 800 lives abroad this year Updated: Nov-19-15 4:31 am
BEIRUT - The Islamic State group has dramatically expanded its theatre of operations from its hub in Syria and Iraq, executing or inspiring a series of attacks across three continents that claimed more than 800 lives this year.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Nov-18-15 6:26 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- As world mourns Paris, many in Mideast see double-standard Updated: Nov-17-15 12:34 am
BAGHDAD - Within hours of last week's Paris attacks, as outrage and sympathy flooded his social media feeds and filled the airwaves, Baghdad resident Ali al-Makhzomy updated his Facebook cover photo to read "solidarity" - and his friends were shocked.
- Dearborn couple among dozens killed in Lebanon bombings Updated: Nov-14-15 12:30 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - A Dearborn couple was among dozens killed in bombings in Lebanon, and among three to die from the Michigan city that's long been home to a large Lebanese community.
- Global push for end to Syria war seen as most serious yet Updated: Nov-12-15 12:39 am
BEIRUT - The international community is mounting its most serious effort yet to end the nearly 5-year-old Syrian war, rallying around a second round of talks in Vienna this weekend amid the emergence of a Russian proposal that calls for early elections.
- IS bomb on Russia plane would herald new phase in conflict Updated: Nov-05-15 5:12 pm
BEIRUT - At this stage, there is no hard evidence. But reports from the U.S. and Britain suggesting an Islamic State group bomb may have caused the Russian plane crash in Egypt are raising the alarm among experts, who say such an act would be a frightening change in tactics by the extremist group.
- Iranian state TV claims missing Lebanese citizen is a spy Updated: Nov-04-15 12:25 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian state television on Tuesday claimed that a Washington-based Lebanese citizen missing in Tehran since September is actually an American spy now in the custody of authorities.