- Salma Hayek hopes 'The Prophet' inspires new generations Updated: Apr-27-15 3:55 pm
BEIRUT - Salma Hayek said on Monday that the animated feature film "The Prophet" she co-produced has been a personal passion project, one she hopes can inspire young viewers to think outside the box about ways to improve the world.
- Lebanon gets first shipment of $3B worth of French arms Updated: Apr-20-15 5:35 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon received the first installment of $3 billion worth of French weapons paid for by Saudi Arabia on Monday, part of a four-year plan to help arm Beirut in its battle against jihadi groups.
- Hezbollah blames Saudi Arabia for spread of extremism Updated: Apr-17-15 2:10 pm
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group launched his harshest criticism yet of Saudi Arabia on Friday, blaming the kingdom for the spread of extremist ideology in the Muslim world and the killing of civilians in Yemen.
- AP Interview: Hezbollah leader blasts Saudi strikes in Yemen Updated: Apr-13-15 4:41 pm
BEIRUT - A top leader of the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group directed a barrage of criticism at Saudi Arabia on Monday, accusing the kingdom of committing genocide with its airstrike campaign targeting Yemen's Shiite rebels and warning it will "pay a heavy price" for its involvement.
- Aid group urges US to resettle 65,000 Syrians by end of 2016 Updated: Apr-09-15 2:39 pm
BEIRUT - An international aid group on Thursday called on the United States to resettle 65,000 Syrians before the end of 2016, highlighting Washington's slow response to the massive refugee crisis generated by the civil war.