- Syrian refugees in Lebanon bundle up against storm Updated: Dec-11-13 11:50 am
- 2 Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria Updated: Dec-10-13 9:49 am
- Hezbollah commander killed outside home in Lebanon Updated: Dec-04-13 11:53 am
- Syrian refugee children work, provide for families Updated: Nov-29-13 12:43 pm
- Rights watchdog: Syrian women exploited in Lebanon Updated: Nov-27-13 1:52 pm
- Lebanon pushed to edge - but, somehow, not over it Updated: Nov-21-13 1:00 pm
- Funerals held in Lebanon for Iran Embassy victims Updated: Nov-20-13 3:37 pm
- Israel, Gulf in 'strange alliance' against Iran Updated: Nov-20-13 1:32 pm
- Lebanon blasts: Q&A about why they happened Updated: Nov-19-13 1:40 pm
- Suicide blasts near Iran Embassy in Beirut kill 23 Updated: Nov-19-13 12:39 pm
- Assad gaining ground in Syrian civil war Updated: Nov-16-13 12:17 pm
- Driving out jihadis, Syrian Kurds carve out zone Updated: Nov-14-13 12:06 pm
- Hezbollah chief vows to continue fighting in Syria Updated: Nov-14-13 8:31 am
- Syria war leads to rise of kidnappings in Lebanon Updated: Nov-12-13 2:50 pm
MARJ, Lebanon - A blustery storm dropped torrential rain and snow on Lebanon and Jordan on Wednesday, forcing aid agencies to scramble to distribute desperately needed winter supplies like blankets and plastic tarps to Syrian refugees who have sought safe haven in the countries.
BEIRUT - The families of two Spanish journalists abducted in Syria by an al-Qaida linked group nearly three months ago appealed publicly for their release Tuesday, after failing to make contact with the captors via intermediaries.
BEIRUT - Gunmen assassinated a senior Hezbollah commander after he parked his car in his apartment building's garage Wednesday in Lebanon's capital, a major breach of the Shiite militant group's security as it struggles to maintain multiple fronts while it fights alongside President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.
ZAHLEH, Lebanon - Every morning in northeastern Lebanon, hundreds of Syrian children are picked up from refugee settlements, loaded onto trucks and taken to the fields or shops for a day's work that earns $4 or less.
BEIRUT - Women refugees from Syria are being sexually harassed by employers, landlords and others in Lebanon, adding another layer of suffering for those who have fled their homes in search of safety, an international human rights watchdog said Wednesday.
BEIRUT - By nearly all measures, Lebanon should have long ago buckled under the weight of Syria's civil war.
BEIRUT - Undeterred by a devastating suicide attack that rocked the Iranian Embassy in Beirut a day earlier, hundreds of Hezbollah supporters pumped their fists in the air Wednesday and vowed eternal allegiance to the Lebanese Shiite militant group as they buried victims from the bombing.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - When U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry made another stop in the Middle East this month, he received an expected earful over Washington's outreach to Iran: Don't trust Tehran, tighten sanctions even more, anything short of complete nuclear concessions is a grave mistake.
BEIRUT - A pair of suicide bombers targeted the Iranian Embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, killing some two dozen people and leaving corpses, puddles of blood and burning cars strewn across an upscale, Shiite-dominated neighborhood of the capital.
BEIRUT - Two suicide bombers detonated explosions outside the Iranian Embassy in a mainly Shiite district of the Lebanese capital on Tuesday, killing 23 people, including the Iranian cultural attachÃ©, apparently in retaliation for the Lebanese group Hezbollah's support of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
BEIRUT - Forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad have firmly seized the momentum in the country's civil war in recent weeks, capturing one rebel stronghold after another and triumphantly planting the two-starred Syrian government flag amid shattered buildings and rubble-strewn streets.
BEIRUT - Syria's Kurds have dramatically strengthened their hold on the far northeast reaches of the country, carving out territory as they drive out Islamic militant fighters allied to the rebellion and declaring their own civil administration in areas under their control this week amid the chaos of the civil war.
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group showed up at a Shiite religious ceremony in southern Beirut on Thursday, vowing to keep his fighters in neighboring Syria as long as needed to shore up President Bashar Assad's struggle against Syria's rebels.
BEIRUT - For nearly three weeks, kidnappers held Lebanese pharmacist Wissam Khatib, threatening to kill him and his children if his family didn't pay a ransom of tens of thousands of dollars.