- Reno mayor honors longtime journalist with Guy Clifton Day Updated: Feb-11-16 6:16 am
RENO, Nevada - The city of Reno is honoring longtime Nevada journalist and author Guy Clifton.
- Lawyers spar over of murder verdict in Nevada casino melee Updated: Feb-11-16 5:10 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada's Supreme Court justices are being asked to clarify state laws on self-defense and defense of others as they consider whether to revisit their recent reversal of a high-profile murder and conspiracy conviction in a 2011 casino shootout between rival biker gangs.
- Fenner with 18 points as Nevada downs Air Force 72-52 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:35 am
RENO, Nevada - D.J. Fenner scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Nevada downed Air Force 72-52 on Wednesday night.
- Reno to unveil new Virginia Street Bridge in April Updated: Feb-10-16 10:03 pm
RENO, Nevada - The city of Reno is planning to celebrate the completion of its $18.2 million Virginia Street Bridge project this spring.
- EPA extends deadline to March 29 at Nevada Superfund site Updated: Feb-10-16 8:57 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Environmental Protection Agency has agreed to give Nevada another 60 days to decide if it wants to oppose the agency's plan to declare a toxic, abandoned mine in Yerington a priority Superfund site.
- Bernie Sanders to campaign at progressive summit in Reno Updated: Feb-10-16 6:47 pm
RENO, Nevada - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is campaigning at the University of Nevada, Reno over the weekend.
- Body of Air Force member, boater found in Pyramid Lake Updated: Feb-10-16 1:22 pm
RENO, Nevada - Authorities say a boater and member of the U.S. Air Force has been found dead in Nevada's Pyramid Lake.
- First 'Electric Highway' charge station running in Beatty Updated: Feb-08-16 6:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - The first in a series of electric car charging stations in the rural stretch between Las Vegas and Reno is up and running.
- GOP state Sen. Brower to resign Reno-area seat this month Updated: Feb-08-16 6:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Republican state Sen. Greg Brower is formally resigning his northern Nevada seat after announcing months ago that he wouldn't seek re-election.
- Reno authorities warn of jury duty phone scam Updated: Feb-08-16 12:02 pm
RENO, Nevada - Authorities say scammers identifying themselves as sheriff's personnel are calling Reno residents and telling them they owe fines.
- Divers find bodies of missing fishermen in Nevada lake Updated: Feb-08-16 11:51 am
RENO, Nevada - Divers have found the bodies of two fishermen who went missing near Reno on New Year's Day.
- Pedestrian killed on highway near Reno Updated: Feb-08-16 8:49 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada authorities say one man has died after being hit by a car on Interstate 580.
- Burning Man tickets to include live entertainment tax Updated: Feb-07-16 1:55 am
RENO, Nevada - People buying Burning Man tickets later this month will also pay live entertainment tax for the first time.
- Vandals target Reno church's 'Black Lives Matter' sign Updated: Feb-06-16 6:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - The minister of a Reno church says a "Black Lives Matter" sign at his church has been vandalized several times since he put it up in August.
- 160 schools to compete in Nevada Science Bowl in Las Vegas Updated: Feb-06-16 7:20 am
LAS VEGAS - Northwest Career & Technical Academy of Las Vegas hopes to top 159 other teams and repeat as champions during this weekend's 25th annual Nevada Science Bowl competition.
- Wet weather systems increasingly more rare in Southwest Updated: Feb-05-16 4:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - The southwestern United States has already begun a long-predicted shift into a decidedly drier climate, a new study looking at the last 35 years of weather pattern concluded.
- Reno community college votes for mascot gender-neutral Updated: Feb-05-16 11:07 am
RENO, Nevada - Students at Truckee Meadows Community College have voted to declare their mascot gender-neutral.
- Washoe DA clears 2 officers in 2014 fatal shooting in Reno Updated: Feb-04-16 3:44 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two veteran detectives were justified when they fatally shot an armed fugitive when he grabbed a handgun from his waistband while approaching the officers near a daycare center in September 2014, Washoe County District Attorney Chris Hicks said Thursday.
- Reno River Festival to host national kayak championships Updated: Feb-04-16 11:50 am
RENO, Nevada - The national kayak championships will be held in Reno this year.
- Dad says Nevada holdout learned government distrust from him Updated: Feb-04-16 12:07 am
RENO, Nevada - The 73-year-old father of one of the four holdouts at the armed occupation of a national wildlife refuge in Oregon says Jeffrey Banta may have learned his distrust of the U.S. government from him growing up hunting and fishing in the wide-open of spaces of rural northern Nevada.
- 4 holdouts at Oregon refuge have diverse backgrounds Updated: Feb-03-16 6:20 pm
The four armed activists still occupying a national wildlife refuge in Oregon have shown no signs they are ready to leave more than a week after the main figures in the standoff were arrested.
- Arizona man arrested in Nevada for allegedly killing eagles Updated: Feb-02-16 3:31 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 30-year-old Arizona man has been arrested in Nevada on charges accusing him of killing two federally protected golden eagles and illegally possessing more than 120 individual eagle and hawk feathers that he reportedly told authorities he kept for religious ceremonies.
- Washoe school district to receive $13 million donation Updated: Feb-02-16 10:56 am
RENO, Nevada - The Washoe County School District will receive $1 million each year for the next 13 years to help fund programs to close gaps they may impede student success.
- Record snow in parts of Nevada; high winds, cold in Vegas Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - High wind advisories remained in effect across much of east-central Nevada Monday with gusts up to 50 mph but sunny skies began to melt off about a foot of record-breaking snow in other areas, and the Truckee River flowed through downtown Reno at its highest level in more than three years.
- Snowboarders missing from Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe found Updated: Feb-01-16 10:32 am
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County Search and Rescue has found a snowboarder and a skier who went missing from Mount Rose Ski Tahoe.