- UNLV law professor nominated for federal judge in Nevada Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - A University of Nevada, Las Vegas, law professor has been nominated by President Barack Obama for a judgeship on the U.S. District Court in Nevada.
- Reno to begin due diligence on $1B redevelopment proposal Updated: Apr-27-16 11:39 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno officials have voted to hold off on negotiating a contract for a proposed $1.2 billion redevelopment project until the developers can prove they'll be able to deliver on their promises.
- Police called after Washoe GOP meeting gets out of hand Updated: Apr-27-16 5:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - Police were called and at least two people sought medical attention after a Washoe County Republican Central Committee meeting got out of hand, authorities and witnesses said.
- NV Gov. may sue if BLM won't pony up for mustang roundups Updated: Apr-27-16 4:42 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval is considering legal action to force the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to pony up some money to pay for roundups of wild horses in the state that have been put on hold because of federal budgetary constraints.
- Reno to crack down on skateboarders misusing new bridge Updated: Apr-26-16 11:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno officials are looking to crack down on the thrill seekers who have been running, walking and skateboarding along the arches of the new Virginia Street Bridge.
- Earthquake report spurs retrofitting in Utah, Nevada Updated: Apr-24-16 1:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - A new report raising the likelihood of a destructive earthquake striking Salt Lake City in the next half century has underscored the urgency to retrofit more than 30,000 older brick homes and other unreinforced buildings at high risk of collapsing.
- Reno basement fire kills 2 dogs, no humans injured Updated: Apr-23-16 3:19 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two dogs have died as a result of a fire that broke out in a Reno basement.
- Cameras around Lake Tahoe change fight against wildfires Updated: Apr-20-16 4:08 pm
RENO, Nevada - Scientists say a growing network of cameras trained on the mountains around Lake Tahoe is changing the way crews fight wildfires.
- Sierra's eastern front long overdue for large earthquake Updated: Apr-19-16 8:12 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Sierra's eastern front is long overdue for a large earthquake along the California-Nevada line, where a magnitude-7 event expected on average every 30 years hasn't occurred in six decades, scientists said Tuesday.
- Prosecutor says Reno officer justified in 2015 shooting Updated: Apr-18-16 6:59 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno police officer was justified when he shot a suspect who tried to run him over during an attempted arrest last summer, a prosecutor said Monday.
- FBI seeks robber who demanded money at 2 Reno banks Updated: Apr-18-16 6:34 pm
RENO, Nevada - The FBI is looking for a suspect who held up one south Reno bank and tried to rob another less than two hours later.
- UNLV junior DJ Myers named Mountain West pitcher of week Updated: Apr-18-16 5:12 pm
RENO, Nevada - UNLV pitcher D.J. Myers has been named the Mountain West Conference's Pitcher of the Week.
- Several Tahoe ski resorts close for season Updated: Apr-18-16 12:15 pm
RENO, Nevada - Several Tahoe ski resorts have closed for the season.
- Sun Valley man gets 20 years for armed robbery Updated: Apr-16-16 3:52 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Sun Valley man has been sentenced to 20 years for his role in an armed robbery of a gas station.
- Pieces of Reno's old Virginia Street Bridge for sale Updated: Apr-16-16 2:45 pm
RENO, Nevada - Those missing the demolished Virginia Street Bridge in Reno can own a piece of it for $75.
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Updated: Apr-15-16 7:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada President Marc Johnson released a series of text messages and other documents Friday that he says demonstrate why the university was comfortable hiring an assistant basketball coach who was accused of sexual harassment before he resigned from California.
- Bodies found in hot spring in Nevada Updated: Apr-15-16 12:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Sheriff's deputies in Nevada are investigating whether two people whose bodies were found in a hot spring died because the water was too hot.
- Judge sides with GOP Assembly hopeful in residency challenge Updated: Apr-14-16 7:42 pm
RENO, Nevada - Northern Nevada Republican Assembly candidate Jason Guinasso says he's relieved after a judge ruled in his favor in a residency dispute.
- Washoe County forgives nearly $5M in local casino back taxes Updated: Apr-14-16 2:12 pm
RENO, Nevada - Casinos in Washoe County have dodged a bill for back taxes totaling nearly $5 million.
- Reno wildlife workers help 4 orphaned bear cubs Updated: Apr-14-16 11:13 am
RENO, Nevada - A Reno wildlife sanctuary is working to take care of four orphaned black bear cubs.
- Nevada man gets decade in prison for lewdness with girl, 12 Updated: Apr-13-16 4:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 36-year-old Nevada man has been sentenced to 10 years to life in state prison and lifetime supervision as a sex offender for lewdness with a 12-year-old girl.
- Police: Man held in kidnapping, sex case abducted 2 women Updated: Apr-13-16 2:51 pm
RENO, Nevada - Police say a 19-year-old northern Nevada man is facing kidnapping, sexual assault, battery and weapon charges after he was accused of abducting two women in downtown Reno and raping one of them.
- Reno celebrates opening of new Virginia Street Bridge Updated: Apr-13-16 2:18 am
RENO, Nevada - The new Virginia Street Bridge in Reno has re-opened to traffic, marking the completion of an $18.2 million project.
- Riviera name brought down from former hotel-casino on Strip Updated: Apr-12-16 8:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - A piece of Las Vegas history has been removed from the Strip as crews worked to take down the Riviera name from the former hotel and casino.
- US Marshals: Lawyer on run for 14 years arrested in Arizona Updated: Apr-12-16 5:44 pm
PHOENIX - A former lawyer on the run since failing to report to a Nevada prison following a 2002 tax conviction has been arrested in Arizona.