- Carson Pass: Brief moment skiing makes snow slog worth it Updated: Nov-27-15 2:05 am
RENO, Nevada - If it weren't for about three to five minutes of involuntary smiling the two hours of sore feet wouldn't have been so easy to overlook.
- Nevada researchers trying to turn roadside weed into biofuel Updated: Nov-26-15 10:47 am
RENO, Nevada - Three decades ago, a University of Nevada researcher who obtained one of the first U.S. Energy Department grants to study the potential to turn plants into biofuels became convinced that a roadside weed - curly top gumweed - was growing along the road to the future.
- Nevada defeats Portland State 76-73 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:36 am
RENO, Nevada - Marqueze Coleman scored 21 points with six assists and four rebounds as Nevada beat Portland State 76-73 Wednesday night.
- Nevada families say special education teacher abused girls Updated: Nov-25-15 2:18 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two families in Nevada are suing a school district after they say their children were abused by a special education teacher.
- 2 officers on leave during Reno shooting investigation Updated: Nov-25-15 11:22 am
RENO, Nevada - Authorities are investigating after an officer shot and killed a suspect during a disturbance in a south Reno neighborhood.
- Washoe County superintendent to receive $311K in first year Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County School District officials have voted to approve a contract for the district's new superintendent.
- Prisoner dies in Reno after multiple trips to hospital Updated: Nov-24-15 8:48 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada prison officials say a 29-year-old inmate has died at a Reno hospital after being hospitalized multiple times.
- Sierra storm bringing snow, 60 mph winds, power outages Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
RENO, Nevada - A snowstorm packing 50 mph winds blew into Lake Tahoe and northern Nevada on Tuesday, slowing mountain travelers getting an early start on the holiday, kicking up dust storms along U.S. Interstate 80 east of Reno and briefly knocking out power to thousands along the Sierra's eastern front.
- Nevada judge won't rule on sage grouse before Christmas Updated: Nov-24-15 5:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - A federal judge in Nevada is postponing a decision on whether to block U.S. regulations protecting the greater sage grouse, partly because she's not clear if the rules are really to blame for delays in construction of a rural water supply tank near Great Basin National Park along the border with Utah.
- GOP's Carly Fiorina coming to Reno after Las Vegas debate Updated: Nov-24-15 2:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is headed to Reno after the Republican debate in Las Vegas next month.
- Reno officials deny supporting refugee city application Updated: Nov-24-15 11:25 am
RENO, Nevada - Officials with the city say they did not support an application to make Reno a refugee city to take Syrian, Iraqi, Cuban and other refugees.
- Suspect in Grand Sierra Resort fire in custody Updated: Nov-24-15 11:14 am
RENO, Nevada - Reno authorities say a man has been arrested in connection to a small fire at the Grand Sierra Resort.
- Reno authorities say shooting, fire could be linked Updated: Nov-23-15 11:56 am
RENO, Nevada - Authorities say a shooting and an apartment fire in a south Reno neighborhood might be linked.
- Fire crews investigating Grand Sierra Resort fire in Reno Updated: Nov-23-15 11:44 am
RENO, Nevada - Reno authorities are investigating a fire at the Grand Sierra Resort.
- Man arrested after breaking into sleeping family's Reno home Updated: Nov-21-15 4:42 pm
RENO, Nevada - Police say a man was caught breaking into a Reno home as the family inside slept.
- Reno rally against Laxalt, for Obama immigration policy Updated: Nov-20-15 7:19 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two dozen activists rallied in downtown Reno in support of the Obama administration's immigration policies and against Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt's support for a lawsuit intended to force deportation of millions of immigrants living in the country illegally.
- Hillary Clinton holding rally at Reno school on Monday Updated: Nov-20-15 5:28 pm
RENO, Nevada - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton is visiting Reno on Monday.
- Health officials investigating E. coli cases in Reno area Updated: Nov-20-15 11:36 am
RENO, Nevada - Health officials in northern Nevada are investigating more than a dozen confirmed and probable cases of E. coli that might be associated with a Reno restaurant.
- Officials approve sale of 3 casinos in Vegas, Reno Updated: Nov-20-15 8:54 am
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Gaming Commission has approved the sale of three casinos in Las Vegas and Reno.
- Nevada court tells hospital not to pull plug in Reno case Updated: Nov-20-15 2:50 am
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court ruled that a Reno hospital must keep a 20-year-old comatose college student on life-support, pending a review of the legality of a medical standard used to determine she was brain dead.
- Unsolved: cold cases and the murder of Kellie Taitt Updated: Nov-20-15 2:02 am
RENO, Nevada - "Cold case." The term itself can have an eerie undertone of an unsolved crime and a potentially free criminal.
- Nevada gives eBay $30M in tax incentives for data centers Updated: Nov-19-15 10:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State officials have approved a $30 million tax incentive package so online auction giant eBay will expand data center operations in northern and southern Nevada.
- Office space in Reno aims to attract Polish entrepreneurs Updated: Nov-19-15 9:39 pm
RENO, Nevada - Polish start-ups hoping to break into the U.S. market will now have a place to do it in Reno.
- DA: 'Child sex predator' gets 40 years in Nevada prison Updated: Nov-18-15 4:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - A prosecutor says a 55-year-old Nevada man who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting and video recording a young girl has been sentenced to a minimum of 40 years in state prison.
- Washoe County launches stove swap program to cut pollution Updated: Nov-18-15 12:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Washoe County Health District is offering $1,000 for old stoves in an effort to reduce air pollution.