- US agency's Nevada boss urges roundup of 4,000 mustangs Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
RENO, Nevada - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management's Nevada director wants to free up more federal rangeland for livestock grazing this summer by rounding up 4,000 wild horses in Elko County- more than were gathered across 10 Western states combined last year.
- Washoe County sheriff's app takes illegal dumping reports Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washoe County Sheriff's Office cellphone app now allows citizens to report illegal dumping.
- UNR leaders want more guidelines for cheater punishments Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 am
LAS VEGAS - Leaders at the two major universities in Nevada don't seem to agree on how to dish out punishment equally and consistently among cheating students.
- Ex-Sen. Bryan only 2nd on UNR campus honored with statue Updated: Apr-29-16 10:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - Former U.S. Sen. and Nevada Gov. Richard Bryan has become only the second person in the history of the University of Nevada, Reno to have a statue dedicated in his honor at the school founded in 1874.
- Doctor, 8 others arrested in Reno-area 'pill mill' case Updated: Apr-29-16 4:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno-area physician is among nine people, including current and former employees of a northern Nevada auto dealership, accused of running a deadly illegal prescription drug "pill mill," federal officials said Friday.
- Burning Man organizers consider airport shuttle service Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
RENO, Nevada - Organizers of Burning Man are looking to offer flights directly to the festival.
- UNLV law professor nominated for federal judge in Nevada Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - A University of Nevada, Las Vegas, law professor has been nominated by President Barack Obama for a judgeship on the U.S. District Court in Nevada.
- Reno to begin due diligence on $1B redevelopment proposal Updated: Apr-27-16 11:39 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno officials have voted to hold off on negotiating a contract for a proposed $1.2 billion redevelopment project until the developers can prove they'll be able to deliver on their promises.
- Police called after Washoe GOP meeting gets out of hand Updated: Apr-27-16 5:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - Police were called and at least two people sought medical attention after a Washoe County Republican Central Committee meeting got out of hand, authorities and witnesses said.
- NV Gov. may sue if BLM won't pony up for mustang roundups Updated: Apr-27-16 4:42 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval is considering legal action to force the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to pony up some money to pay for roundups of wild horses in the state that have been put on hold because of federal budgetary constraints.
- Reno to crack down on skateboarders misusing new bridge Updated: Apr-26-16 11:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno officials are looking to crack down on the thrill seekers who have been running, walking and skateboarding along the arches of the new Virginia Street Bridge.
- Earthquake report spurs retrofitting in Utah, Nevada Updated: Apr-24-16 1:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - A new report raising the likelihood of a destructive earthquake striking Salt Lake City in the next half century has underscored the urgency to retrofit more than 30,000 older brick homes and other unreinforced buildings at high risk of collapsing.
- Reno basement fire kills 2 dogs, no humans injured Updated: Apr-23-16 3:19 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two dogs have died as a result of a fire that broke out in a Reno basement.
- Cameras around Lake Tahoe change fight against wildfires Updated: Apr-20-16 4:08 pm
RENO, Nevada - Scientists say a growing network of cameras trained on the mountains around Lake Tahoe is changing the way crews fight wildfires.
- Sierra's eastern front long overdue for large earthquake Updated: Apr-19-16 8:12 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Sierra's eastern front is long overdue for a large earthquake along the California-Nevada line, where a magnitude-7 event expected on average every 30 years hasn't occurred in six decades, scientists said Tuesday.
- Prosecutor says Reno officer justified in 2015 shooting Updated: Apr-18-16 6:59 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno police officer was justified when he shot a suspect who tried to run him over during an attempted arrest last summer, a prosecutor said Monday.
- FBI seeks robber who demanded money at 2 Reno banks Updated: Apr-18-16 6:34 pm
RENO, Nevada - The FBI is looking for a suspect who held up one south Reno bank and tried to rob another less than two hours later.
- UNLV junior DJ Myers named Mountain West pitcher of week Updated: Apr-18-16 5:12 pm
RENO, Nevada - UNLV pitcher D.J. Myers has been named the Mountain West Conference's Pitcher of the Week.
- Several Tahoe ski resorts close for season Updated: Apr-18-16 12:15 pm
RENO, Nevada - Several Tahoe ski resorts have closed for the season.
- Sun Valley man gets 20 years for armed robbery Updated: Apr-16-16 3:52 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Sun Valley man has been sentenced to 20 years for his role in an armed robbery of a gas station.
- Pieces of Reno's old Virginia Street Bridge for sale Updated: Apr-16-16 2:45 pm
RENO, Nevada - Those missing the demolished Virginia Street Bridge in Reno can own a piece of it for $75.
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Updated: Apr-15-16 7:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada President Marc Johnson released a series of text messages and other documents Friday that he says demonstrate why the university was comfortable hiring an assistant basketball coach who was accused of sexual harassment before he resigned from California.
- Bodies found in hot spring in Nevada Updated: Apr-15-16 12:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Sheriff's deputies in Nevada are investigating whether two people whose bodies were found in a hot spring died because the water was too hot.
- Judge sides with GOP Assembly hopeful in residency challenge Updated: Apr-14-16 7:42 pm
RENO, Nevada - Northern Nevada Republican Assembly candidate Jason Guinasso says he's relieved after a judge ruled in his favor in a residency dispute.
- Washoe County forgives nearly $5M in local casino back taxes Updated: Apr-14-16 2:12 pm
RENO, Nevada - Casinos in Washoe County have dodged a bill for back taxes totaling nearly $5 million.