- Brewers outright Wooten, more pitching moves upcoming Updated: May-28-15 10:29 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Brewers have outrighted reliever Rob Wooten to Triple-A Colorado Springs, creating another opening on Milwaukee's 40-man roster as the team juggles its pitching staff.
- Brewers go high-tech in latest tribute to Bud Selig Updated: May-28-15 10:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers are giving retired baseball commissioner and former team owner Bud Selig a high-tech tribute.
- Analysis says voucher expansion could divert $800 million Updated: May-28-15 3:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Republican-approved expansion of the private-school voucher program could divert an additional $600 million to $800 million from public schools over the next decade, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau released by Democrats on Thursday.
- Walker supports key parts of reported Bucks arena deal Updated: May-28-15 2:12 pm
PORTAGE, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker spoke in favor Thursday of key elements of a reported deal fora new $500 million arena for the Milwaukee Bucks that includes raising taxes on Milwaukee County hotel rooms and rental cars.
- Walker says he'd be 'pleased' with prevailing wage repeal Updated: May-28-15 2:02 pm
PORTAGE, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker said Thursday he would be "pleased" if a repeal of Wisconsin's prevailing wage law were a part of the state budget, but he'd also be satisfied with significant changes to the requirement setting construction wages for public works jobs.
- Panel OKs seeking office space outside Madison, Milwaukee Updated: May-27-15 8:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget committee has approved a Republican plan that calls for looking to lease state office space outside Madison and Milwaukee.
- Brewers swept by Giants, fall 3-1 in losing 5th straight Updated: May-27-15 6:55 pm
MILWAUKEE - With their offense struggling, the Milwaukee Brewers are trying to take chances at the plate.
- Vogelsong, Giants complete sweep with 3-1 win over Brewers Updated: May-27-15 6:31 pm
- Authorities investigate bullet that hit Milwaukee ambulance Updated: May-25-15 4:34 pm
MILWAUKEE - Authorities are looking for whoever fired a gunshot that struck an ambulance responding to a call in Milwaukee.
- Female passenger dies after thrown from motorcycle Updated: May-24-15 11:14 am
MILWAUKEE - A 35-year-old woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle suffered a serious head injury and died after a crash in Milwaukee.
- 2 women in 20s killed in Milwaukee crash Updated: May-23-15 12:50 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police are investigating a crash that killed two women in their 20s.
- ME: Milwaukee alderman killed in motorcycle crash was drunk Updated: May-22-15 7:44 pm
MILWAUKEE - Authorities say a Milwaukee alderman who was killed in motorcycle crash was driving drunk.
- Milwaukee man pronounced dead, then moves limbs Updated: May-22-15 1:34 pm
MILWAUKEE - A man was pronounced dead after collapsing at his Milwaukee apartment, but began to move his limbs as he was about to be taken to the morgue, authorities say.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: May-21-15 6:48 pm
Racine Journal Times, May 20
- Ride-hailing service expands to 5 more cities Updated: May-21-15 9:18 am
MILWAUKEE - The ride-hailing service Uber is expanding to five more Wisconsin cities.
- Family of man killed at Fort Hood to get his Purple Heart Updated: May-21-15 4:31 am
MILWAUKEE - The family of a nurse practitioner from Wisconsin killed in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting is set to receive his Purple Heart.
- Milwaukee, other large school districts face takeover Updated: May-20-15 6:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A sweeping proposal giving control of the lowest-performing schools in Milwaukee to a commissioner who could fire all the teachers and administrators also applies to other large, racially diverse school districts in Wisconsin.
- Bucks sticking to long-term plan with draft approaching Updated: May-20-15 6:06 pm
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks plan to stick with a slow and steady approach to constructing a consistently successful team.
- Democrats decry police video hearing as political hit Updated: May-20-15 5:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican lawmakers got no closer Wednesday to figuring out how the Milwaukee Police Department's data storage system crashed after most city leaders skipped a hearing on the matter.
- Store destroyed by fire in Milwaukee Updated: May-20-15 10:03 am
MILWAUKEE - Fire officials estimate the loss of a Milwaukee food and liquor store at $1 million.
- Police say homicide caused death of man found along parkway Updated: May-20-15 8:35 am
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say the death of a man found along a parkway is a homicide.
- Budget panel debates takeover for some Milwaukee schools Updated: May-20-15 12:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget-writing committee is debating a Republican-backed plan that would place the worst-performing Milwaukee Public Schools under control of a commissioner appointed by the county executive who could convert them into private voucher schools or independent charter schools.
- Republicans to increase school funding, expand vouchers Updated: May-20-15 12:35 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin public schools would get $100 more per student in the second year of the state budget but lose money when students opt to take a voucher to attend private school, under a Republican-backed proposal the Legislature's budget committee debated Tuesday.
- Highlights of education proposals in Wisconsin budget Updated: May-20-15 12:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Legislature's budget-writing committee on Tuesday unveiled its long-anticipated funding plan related to education issues in the state for the next two years.
- Ex-Wisconsin running back says he was shot during robbery Updated: May-19-15 2:11 am
MILWAUKEE - Former University of Wisconsin running back Booker Stanley says he was shot in the back during a robbery in Milwaukee.