- 5 separate shootings in Milwaukee leave 2 dead, 3 injured Updated: Jul-05-15 12:47 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police are investigating a string of five separate shootings that left two men dead and three injured.
- Juvenile detained in shooting of 14-year-old in Milwaukee Updated: Jul-04-15 6:11 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say they've taken a juvenile male into custody as a person of interest in the fatal shooting of a 14-year-old boy in a dispute that started with a fight over a girl on Facebook.
- Gov. Walker and Wisconsin GOP retreat on open records limits Updated: Jul-04-15 5:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a sudden reversal amid a stinging backlash, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and GOP legislative leaders said they agreed Saturday to completely remove a part of the proposed state budget that would severely roll back open records laws.
- 3-day Milwaukee County bus drivers' strike ends Updated: Jul-04-15 12:40 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee County bus drivers have returned to work after a three-day strike over staffing and wages, despite a lack of a new contract.
- 1 suspect shot and seriously injured in attempted burglary Updated: Jul-03-15 5:32 pm
MILWAUKEE - Police say one man was shot and seriously injured during an attempted burglary at the Bouchard's shoe store on Milwaukee's north side.
- Wisconsin budget passes committee, heads to full Legislature Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's finance committee finally completed its revisions to Gov. Scott Walker's state budget plan after a five-week delay early Friday morning, clearing the way for votes in the full Senate and Assembly.
- Lind's RBI single in 11th lifts Brewers over Phillies 8-7 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Milwaukee Brewers came to Philadelphia with the second-worst record in the majors and left with the longest winning streak.
- Vasquez embracing fresh start with Bucks Updated: Jul-02-15 7:12 pm
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - Greivis Vasquez always thought he might end up in Milwaukee. It just took a little longer than he anticipated.
- Santelle leaving US attorney's job in Milwaukee Updated: Jul-02-15 2:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - The U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin has announced his departure.
- Highlights of Wisconsin budget up for final committee vote Updated: Jul-02-15 2:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The two-year state budget up for passage Thursday by the Republican-controlled Joint Finance Committee is expected to be taken up by the Assembly on Tuesday. It's unknown when the Senate will vote on it. Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said Wednesday that he does not have the votes for the budget in its current form.
- University students urge transit bus drivers to return Updated: Jul-02-15 11:39 am
MILWAUKEE - Student government leaders at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Marquette University are urging Milwaukee County bus drivers and the transit system to come to terms on a labor agreement.
- Wounded Wauwatosa detective goes home from hospital Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Wauwatosa police detective who was shot and seriously injured while investigating a burglary has been released from the hospital.
- Moore, AP West editor, named Milwaukee correspondent Updated: Jul-01-15 6:28 pm
MILWAUKEE - Greg Moore, an editor on The Associated Press' West regional desk, has been named supervisory correspondent in the cooperative's Milwaukee bureau.
- Walker aide sues prosecutor who conducted John Doe probe Updated: Jul-01-15 12:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former aide to Gov. Scott Walker who was caught up in a secret investigation into illegal campaigning is suing the prosecutor who conducted the probe, saying he and others infringed on her civil rights by raiding her home and seizing her personal emails.
- Police investigate death of 3-month-old in Milwaukee Updated: Jul-01-15 11:11 am
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say officers are investigating the death of a 3-month-old child.
- News from around Wisconsin at 5:28 a.m. CDT Updated: Jul-01-15 7:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislative leaders have reached a deal on a new state budget that drops a financing plan for a new Milwaukee Bucks stadium and changes to the prevailing wage law, co-chairs of the Legislature's budget committee said Tuesday.
- Police officer cleared in shooting man holding knife to wife Updated: Jul-01-15 4:10 am
MILWAUKEE - A prosecutor says a Milwaukee police officer was justified in fatally shooting a man holding a knife to the neck of his estranged wife in March.
- Prevailing wage, Bucks arena won't be in budget Updated: Jun-30-15 8:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Details of an agreement on major budget issues reached by Republicans on Tuesday:
- Correction: Wisconsin-Ryan Retiring story Updated: Jun-30-15 3:12 pm
In a story June 29 about coach Bo Ryan's retirement plans, The Associated Press reported erroneously who hired Ryan at Wisconsin. It was Pat Richter, the Badgers' athletic director at the time.
- 2 men dead after being pulled from Milwaukee park lagoon Updated: Jun-29-15 10:46 pm
MILWAUKEE - Two men are dead after being pulled from a lagoon in a Milwaukee park.
- Condom portrait of Pope Benedict criticized by archbishop Updated: Jun-29-15 8:23 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum has handled dozens of complaints from angry Catholics and others over its plans to display a portrait of Pope Benedict that is made from 17,000 condoms.
- Order of Catholic sisters sells Wisconsin preserve for $1M Updated: Jun-29-15 4:19 am
MEQUON, Wisconsin - An order of Catholic sisters has sold a 155-acre preserve used as a quiet retreat outside Milwaukee to a regional land trust for a little more than $1 million.
- Braun, Lind hit 2-run HRs in 8th, Brewers hold off Twins Updated: Jun-28-15 6:51 pm
MILWAUKEE - At this point in the season, any win is a well-timed one for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Garza, Brewers lose 5-2 to Twins Updated: Jun-27-15 6:45 pm
MILWAUKEE - After getting hammered in his last two starts, Matt Garza limited the runs and hits.
- Wisconsin couple accused in 'funeral burglaries' scheme Updated: Jun-27-15 4:32 pm
MILWAUKEE - A Hartford couple faces felony charges in a scheme to burglarize the homes of people away at funerals.