- Cobb, Milin lead Fairfield to 80-70 victory over Manhattan Updated: Feb-07-16 6:34 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Curtis Cobb scored 20 points and Matija Milin added a career-high 19 points plus nine rebounds to lead Fairfield to an 80-70 victory over Manhattan on Sunday.
- Driven by power outages and savings, towns look to microgrid Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 am
ALBANY, New York - An upstate New York town that repeatedly found itself without power for days during a string of storms is planning a dramatic step by pulling its municipal buildings entirely off the electric grid.
- Sacred Heart wins 3rd straight, topples LUI Brooklyn, 98-90 Updated: Feb-06-16 6:08 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Jordan Allen scored 20 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and sparked Sacred Heart to its third-straight win, all on its home court, by beating LIU Brooklyn in a Northeast Conference shootout, 98-90 on Saturday afternoon.
- Sacred Heart holds off St. Francis Brooklyn late, 74-70 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:22 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Cane Broome scored 28 points and Sacred Heart held off St. Francis Brooklyn to earn a 74-70 Northeast Conference victory Thursday night.
- McLean scores 23, leads Quinnipiac past Fairfield 64-59 Updated: Feb-01-16 9:30 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Giovanni McLean hit five 3-pointers and scored 25 points, both career highs, to lead Quinnipiac to a 64-59 win over Fairfield on Monday night.
- Gilbert scores 32, leads Fairfield to 98-91 win over Iona Updated: Jan-24-16 6:00 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Marcus Gilbert hit a career-high seven 3-pointers in scoring 32 points and Fairfield led from the opening minute in beating Iona 98-91 on Sunday, dropping the Gaels out of first in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
- GE tops 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Jan-22-16 6:59 am
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut _ General Electric Co. (GE) on Friday reported fourth-quarter net income of $6.3 billion.
- Sacred Heart pulls away late, beats Mount St. Mary's 76-71 Updated: Jan-21-16 10:16 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Cane Broome scored 24 points, and Tevin Falzon added 15 with two key 3-pointers late to help Sacred Heart beat Mount St. Mary's 76-71 on Thursday night.
- Agreement details incentives offered to GE for Boston move Updated: Jan-20-16 7:40 pm
BOSTON - City and state officials offered General Electric Co. a package of incentives ranging from a public helipad to a joint concierge relocation team to help secure the move of the company's headquarters to Boston, according to an agreement made public on Wednesday.
- St. Peter's rallies in 2nd half, beats Fairfield 77-71 Updated: Jan-19-16 9:36 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Antwon Portley scored 23 points and Trevis Wyche 20 as Saint Peter's battled through the second half to defeat Fairfield 77-71 Tuesday night, pushing to its best start in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference since the 1994-95 season.
- GE's unplugging leaves many unsettled in Connecticut town Updated: Jan-16-16 10:08 am
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - It's not just the loss of loyal customers that worries jeweler Howard Diamond, or the extra tax burden that businesses like his may have to carry as General Electric pulls the plug on Fairfield. As he approaches retirement and thinks about selling his home in town, he also fears an exodus of GE employees driving down real estate values.
- Fairfield defeats Niagara 73-68 Updated: Jan-15-16 9:41 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Jonathan Kasibabu blocked a potential game-tying shot, grabbed two key rebounds and sank four free throws - all in the final 52 seconds - as Fairfield edged Niagara 73-68 Friday night.
- Opinions mixed about what GE move means for Connecticut Updated: Jan-14-16 2:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Criticism of Connecticut's business climate and policies came swiftly following the news that corporate giant General Electric would be moving its headquarters from suburban Fairfield to Boston.
- General Electric to move headquarters to Boston Updated: Jan-13-16 5:36 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - General Electric announced Wednesday it will move its headquarters to Boston, leaving the sprawling suburban Connecticut campus it has called home over the past four decades for a technology-rich city it says better fits its ambitions as an innovation leader.
- GE still considering Rhode Island for operations jobs Updated: Jan-13-16 5:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - General Electric says it's still considering moving some jobs to Rhode Island after choosing to relocate its headquarters to Boston.
- Seaborn scores 24, Monmouth beats Fairfield 86-74 Updated: Jan-11-16 9:28 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Micah Seaborn scored 24 points and Monmouth overcame a seven-point halftime deficit to beat Fairfield 86-74 Monday night.
- Anderson, Saunders lead Wagner over Sacred Heart 76-59 Updated: Jan-09-16 6:33 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Dwaun Anderson and Romone Saunders each poured in 22 points, helping Wagner to a 76-59 win over Sacred Heart on Saturday.