- Fairfield needs overtime to hold off Sacred Heart, 83-79 Updated: Nov-21-15 10:25 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Tyler Nelson and Jerry Johnson Jr. each scored 16 points and Fairfield converted seven of eight from the line in overtime to hold off Sacred Heart, 83-79 Saturday night for its first win in its home debut.
- Noel, Chavious lead Sacred Heart over Wagner 45-17 Updated: Nov-21-15 3:05 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - RJ Noel threw three touchdown passes, Nate Chavious rushed for three scores, and Sacred Heart pitched a second-half shutout in a 45-17 win over Wagner on Saturday.
- Ex-trooper who stole from dying crash victim loses pension Updated: Nov-19-15 4:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut state police trooper who stole cash and jewelry from a dying motorcycle accident victim and then resigned has lost his state pension.
- GE: State presence assured despite search for new HDQ site Updated: Nov-18-15 10:02 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - General Electric Co. Chief Executive Jeff Immelt says the conglomerate will "always have a big presence in Connecticut," though he confirmed the company is still looking for a new headquarters site.
- Yale sweeps Fairfield, Conn., knocks off Sacred Heart, 99-77 Updated: Nov-16-15 11:09 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Justin Sears and Makai Mason combined to score 48 points as Yale built an 18-point first-half lead and cruised past Sacred Heart in the Bulldogs' home opener, 99-77 Monday night.
- Marriott buys rival hotel chain Starwood for $12.2 billion Updated: Nov-16-15 10:28 am
NEW YORK - Hotel behemoth Marriott International is becoming even larger, taking over rival chain Starwood in a $12.2 billion deal that will catapult it to become the world's largest hotelier by a wide margin.
- Mason, Sherrod lead Yale over Fairfield 70-57 Updated: Nov-13-15 5:15 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Makai Mason scored 23 points and Brandon Sherrod 20, and Yale opened its season with a 70-57 victory over Fairfield on Friday.
- Buechel with 2 TD passes, Duquesne beats Sacred Heart 41-14 Updated: Nov-07-15 3:25 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Dillon Buechel threw two first quarter touchdown passes and Duquesne cruised to a 41-14 victory over Sacred Heart on Saturday.
- Police: Homeowner says $100,000 worth of jewelry stolen Updated: Oct-27-15 7:58 am
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Police are investigating a report that more than $100,000 worth of jewelry was stolen from a Fairfield home last weekend.