- U of Illinois menorah damaged for a third time Updated: Feb-09-16 6:17 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A 9-foot-tall menorah at a University of Illinois Jewish student center has been damaged for a third time in less than a year, police said Tuesday, and the center's rabbi believes school leaders need to take a stronger stand against the vandalism.
- Tipoff time set for Illinois' home finale against Minnesota Updated: Feb-08-16 5:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' says a time has been set for its final home game of the season.
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:19 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Just over three minutes into the second half, Iowa's Peter Jok stole the ball from Illinois guard Khalid Lewis and glided to the other end of the court for a two-handed dunk.
- Former U of Illinois athletic director received fast payout Updated: Feb-05-16 12:52 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former University of Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas is off the school's payroll and has been since not long after he was fired.
- Illinois scrambles but Cubit signs big first class Updated: Feb-03-16 4:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois might have had the strangest recruiting season of any major school in the country, and coach Bill Cubit and his staff had to scramble to fill out a class.
- Sotomayor to speak at University of Illinois Updated: Feb-03-16 8:46 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will appear at a public event next month at the University of Illinois in Champaign.
- January brought wild temperature swings to Illinois Updated: Feb-03-16 4:20 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The wild temperature swings felt in Illinois this January canceled each other out, averaging to 26.7 degrees, just a fraction of a degree above average.
- Finke likely out, Nunn questionable for Illini at Rutgers Updated: Feb-02-16 4:17 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach John Groce said the team may be without two of its starters when it faces Rutgers on Wednesday.
- Alston scores 24, No. 7 Ohio State women beat Illinois 80-70 Updated: Feb-01-16 11:16 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Ameryst Alston and Kelsey Mitchell knew they needed to take the ball to the basket in the fourth quarter. Once they did, Ohio State's offense started to click and the momentum began to shift.
- Ohio State downs Illinois in overtime, 68-63 Updated: Jan-29-16 12:16 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - With 14 seconds left on the clock in overtime Thursday, Ohio State led Illinois by three points but the Buckeyes needed one last stop.
- Illinois' new Nike contract has more gear, less cash Updated: Jan-28-16 4:13 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Details of the University of Illinois athletic department's new 10-year contract with Nike show that the school will get more gear but less cash than it did in its previous deal.
- 1,750 U of Illinois union workers wait 2 weeks for back pay Updated: Jan-27-16 10:04 am
URBANA, Illinois - Officials say that about 1,750 union employees at the University of Illinois who ratified new contracts will have to wait two weeks for negotiated back pay.
- Illinois linebacker T.J. Neal plans to transfer Updated: Jan-26-16 2:49 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois starting linebacker T.J. Neal plans to transfer before his senior season.
- Champaign woman charged with identity theft involving mother Updated: Jan-25-16 5:02 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A 35-year-old rural Champaign woman has been charged with felony financial identity theft for allegedly using her mother's name to obtain multiple credit cards.
- U of Illinois freezes in-state tuition for 2nd year Updated: Jan-21-16 5:38 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois trustees on Thursday agreed for a second straight year to freeze tuition for in-state students even as they learned the school drew $671 million from cash reserves to make up for the lack of state funding because of a budget deadlock.
- U of Illinois approves $1.2 million contract for Cubit Updated: Jan-21-16 2:59 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois trustees have approved a contract that will pay football coach Bill Cubit $1.2 million a year for two years.
- Ebertfest to open with del Torro's 'Crimson Peak' Updated: Jan-21-16 2:44 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Roger Ebert's film festival will open this year with director Guillermo (gee-YEHR'-moh) del Toro and his 2015 gothic horror movie "Crimson Peak."
- White leads Nebraska past Illinois, 78-67 Updated: Jan-16-16 6:20 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - On offense Saturday, Andrew White III started slowly. He hit just one shot from the field in the first half and went to the locker room with six points.
- U of Illinois president: New AD by end of January realistic Updated: Jan-13-16 6:26 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen says he has not given up on having a new athletic director at the flagship campus by next week's Board of Trustees meeting, but he's not optimistic that can be done.