- U of Illinois plans to launch online MBA program Updated: May-05-15 3:47 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois says it plans to launch an online-only MBA program early next year.
- Climatologist: April in Illinois a bit warmer than normal Updated: May-05-15 5:19 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' climate was a bit warmer than usual last month.
- Correction: Closer Look-Privatizing DCEO story Updated: May-04-15 6:54 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a story May 3 about legislation to privatize much of the work of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, The Associated Press misattributed a quote criticizing the plan. The quote should have been attributed to Ralph Martire, executive director of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability, not to Ron Baiman, who is no longer with the organization.
- U of Illinois faculty wary of new background checks Updated: May-04-15 12:47 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Some University of Illinois faculty members worry that a policy expanding employee background checks could compromise privacy.
- U of Illinois to honor first American Indian graduate Updated: May-01-15 4:35 am
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois will honor its first American Indian graduate by naming a dormitory after him.
- Former Illini football staffer convicted of weapons charge Updated: Apr-30-15 1:35 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Jurors in Champaign have convicted a former University of Illinois football staffer on a felony weapons charge.
- Group: U of Illinois wrongly revoked professor's job offer Updated: Apr-28-15 1:13 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A report from a national professors group says the University of Illinois wrongly rescinded a job offer for a professor after he made critical and profane comments about Israel on Twitter.
- 2 sentenced to prison in kidnapping hoax at Champaign mall Updated: Apr-28-15 6:50 am
URBANA, Illinois - A woman must serve at least one year in prison for faking her own kidnapping at a Champaign mall last year.
- Work to start later this year on Illinois fertilizer plant Updated: Apr-27-15 11:20 am
TUSCOLA, Illinois - Corn and soybeans have been planted for the last season on a patch of land in rural eastern Illinois that's to become the site of a $1.4 billion fertilizer plant.
- Illinois air museum plans to close over finances Updated: Apr-25-15 1:01 pm
RANTOUL, Illinois - An eastern Illinois museum that catalogues the history of a long-closed Air Force base and houses dozens of planes plans to close at the end of the year.
- Thunderstorms force cancellation of end of Illinois Marathon Updated: Apr-25-15 11:46 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The remainder of the Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon in Champaign and Urbana has been cancelled because of thunderstorms.
- Meetings to talk transportation priorities start next week Updated: Apr-25-15 4:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois transportation officials have announced the first stops on a statewide tour to discuss priorities for road, transit and other public works projects.
- Illinois lands Mike Thorne, transfer from Charlotte Updated: Apr-23-15 2:59 pm
- Illinois to face Providence in new Big Ten-Big East series Updated: Apr-22-15 2:14 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois says its basketball team will travel to Providence to take on the Friars as part of a first-ever series between the Big Ten and Big East.
- Lunt throws for 2 TDs in 1st half of Illinois spring game Updated: Apr-18-15 9:36 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Injuries forced the University of Illinois football team to rely on reserves Saturday during the team's intra-squad spring game.
- Sex offender sentenced to 25 years for trying to lure girl Updated: Apr-18-15 4:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A convicted Tennessee sex offender accused of trying to lure an Illinois teenager into a sexual relationship has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- Biden to discuss assault prevention at U of Illinois Updated: Apr-17-15 4:31 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The White House says Vice President Joe Biden will deliver a speech at the University of Illinois next week on the prevention of sexual assault.
- Colbert leaving Illinois basketball team Updated: Apr-16-15 12:11 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Backup forward Austin Colbert says he plans to transfer from Illinois.
- Documents: 6 venues bid for U of Illinois basketball games Updated: Apr-15-15 2:12 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Documents say six venues put in offers to host home games that will be played in Springfield for the displaced University of Illinois men's basketball team.
- Report: Plane changed course before deadly Illinois crash Updated: Apr-15-15 12:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A preliminary report on the airplane crash that killed seven people near Bloomington confirms the pilot unexpectedly changed course as he approached the airport.
- Ebertfest set to begin in Champaign Updated: Apr-15-15 4:58 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Artist Rick Harney was busy this week sprucing up the Roger Ebert statue outside the Virginia Theatre in Champaign for the start of Ebertfest.
- Illinois TV newsman with brain cancer gives up anchor desk Updated: Apr-14-15 3:44 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An Illinois television newsman fighting brain cancer is giving up his anchor's chair.
- Illinois promotes Cubit to quarterbacks coach Updated: Apr-10-15 12:54 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach Tim Beckman says he has promoted Ryan Cubit to quarterbacks coach.
- Jury finds Champaign man guilty in slaying of friend Updated: Apr-10-15 12:14 pm
URBANA. Ill. - A Champaign man has been found guilty of first-degree murder in the slaying of a friend.
- Illinois farmland prices fall, especially in the east Updated: Apr-10-15 5:23 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A land-managers' organization says farmland prices fell across much of Illinois in 2014 but more sharply in the eastern part of the state than other areas.