- Bronze statue of Roger Ebert unveiled at Ebertfest Updated: Apr-24-14 1:42 pm
- Prestigious academy adds U. of Illinois professors Updated: Apr-24-14 4:08 am
- Infectious TB patient jailed in central Illinois Updated: Apr-23-14 1:56 pm
- Ex-radical group member says university ending job Updated: Apr-22-14 7:26 pm
- UI installing meters at disabled parking spots Updated: Apr-22-14 4:50 pm
- Illinois basketball player Paul arrested Updated: Apr-22-14 4:42 pm
- University: Illinois pension law had costly typo Updated: Apr-18-14 7:04 pm
- Report: April soil moisture level high in Illinois Updated: Apr-17-14 4:08 am
- Longtime Illini gymnastics coach earns honor Updated: Apr-16-14 4:03 am
- Review: University of Illinois finances improved Updated: Apr-15-14 4:27 pm
- Illini football to face Buckeyes under the lights Updated: Apr-15-14 1:02 pm
- EXCHANGE: Cemetery workers endured brutal winter Updated: Apr-15-14 6:52 am
- EXCHANGE: Prison inmates' art inspires instructor Updated: Apr-13-14 10:35 am
- 5 things to know about Illinois football Updated: Apr-12-14 8:03 pm
- Blue defeat Orange 38-7 in Illini spring scrimmage Updated: Apr-12-14 6:54 pm
- Illini won't name QB, but eyes are on Lunt Updated: Apr-11-14 6:08 pm
- IKEA buying Illinois wind-energy project Updated: Apr-10-14 3:34 pm
- Health chief takes Illinois TB patient to court Updated: Apr-10-14 12:32 pm
- Illinois: Mendenhall back to help with spring game Updated: Apr-10-14 12:30 pm
- Illinois looks forward to adding shooting it lacks Updated: Apr-08-14 4:56 pm
- Work on U of I solar field could start this year Updated: Apr-08-14 1:19 pm
- Champaign man arrested for trying to steal cello Updated: Apr-08-14 7:44 am
- Illini work with Nike to design new look Updated: Apr-06-14 1:42 pm
- EXCHANGE: Legally blind 14-year-old archer excels Updated: Apr-05-14 12:49 pm
- Big-ticket home listed in small Illinois town Updated: Apr-04-14 4:09 am
CHICAGO - Roger Ebert's final blog posting last April ended with his hopeful sign-off: "I'll see you at the movies." The award-winning film critic died two days later.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Three University of Illinois professors have been elected to the prestigious American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Authorities in central Illinois have jailed a 24-year-old tuberculosis patient for disobeying a court order to stay in his home while his condition is infectious.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A former member of the radical 1970s group the Symbionese Liberation Army said Tuesday that the University of Illinois has decided not to renew his teaching contract.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois will start installing meters at disabled parking spaces on campus.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois police say basketball player Darius Paul faces preliminary charges of resisting a peace officer and unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' public universities have worried for months that contentious state pension reforms will push many employees to retire early. But a small mistake, essentially a typo in the legislation, is providing even stronger incentive.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois officials say the level of soil moisture is high across Illinois.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The former head of the Illini men's gymnastics team has been named to the USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame.
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois has brought in about $300 million a year more than it has spent since 2010 but has put off more than a billion dollars in maintenance, according to a new review of the schools' finances.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois says its Nov. 1 football game this fall at Ohio State will be played at night.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - When a blizzard shut down schools, government agencies and businesses across the state on Jan. 6, Patrick Lewis and two assistants were on the job at Sunset Funeral Home and Memorial Park by dawn, making sure a local resident could receive a proper burial.
URBANA, Illinois - Jacqueline Archey finds the artwork done by Champaign County jail inmates inspiring.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois football is looking for consistency and depth as the squad finishes the spring season.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois quarterbacks Riley O'Toole and Wes Lunt led the Blue team to a 38-7 win over the Orange during the intra-squad scrimmage at Memorial Stadium.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach Tim Beckman is in no hurry to name a starting quarterback, insisting that the competition to succeed Nathan Scheelhaase is wide open.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The U.S. subsidiary of Swedish furniture retailer IKEA announced Thursday that it is buying a long-planned wind-energy project in eastern Illinois as part of the company's initiative to offset its energy use with renewable energy generation.
CHICAGO - A central Illinois health official wants a judge to order an uncooperative patient with infectious tuberculosis to stay in his home and wear an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet to prevent the spread of disease.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois officials say running back Rashard Mendenhall will be among six former players who will be honorary coaches at Saturday's spring game.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois survived a deep midseason slump to play basketball in March, even though the Illini weren't playing where they wanted to be.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois officials said they hope work could begin later this year on a field of solar panels that will ultimately supply about 2 percent of the school's electricity.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - As attempted thefts go, this one may have hit a low note.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois has been working with Nike for more than a year to rebrand the school's athletic teams and plans to unveil the new designs at a fashion show-like event April 16.
GEORGETOWN, Illinois - At the whistle, eighth-grader Hope Bogard carefully yet firmly pulls back the string of her bow, aims and fires. Her arrow strikes near the center of a round target at the other end of the Mary Miller Junior High gym.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A massive central Illinois mansion is drawing a big asking price.