- Illinois investigation widens from football to women's hoops Updated: May-19-15 7:18 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The law firm investigating player complaints about the Illinois football team has now been asked to look into similar claims involving the women's basketball team, school officials said Tuesday. They say one basketball player's family has threatened legal action.
- Illinois adds ex QB Nathan Scheelhaase to football staff Updated: May-19-15 5:14 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois has hired former Illini quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase (SHEEL'-hows) as the assistant director of football operations.
- U of Illinois President: Cuts may be less than proposed Updated: May-18-15 4:50 pm
URBANA, Illinois - In his first day on the job, new University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen said Monday that he is optimistic state-budget cuts will not be as deep as the 31.5 percent that Gov. Bruce Rauner initially proposed. Such cuts would be devastating for the university, Killeen said.
- Some Illini players use Twitter to back coaches Updated: May-14-15 6:29 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Some current and former Illinois football players started their own Twitter campaign in support of Illinois coach Tim Beckman and his staff following allegations they mishandled a player's injuries.
- Illini to host Irish in first meeting since 2003 Updated: May-13-15 5:53 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois plans to reopen the renovated State Farm Center on Dec. 2 against Notre Dame as part of the annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- Player's group wants independent U of Illinois investigation Updated: May-12-15 5:23 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A national advocacy group for college football players says complaints about Illinois coach Tim Beckman's handling of a former player's injuries should be investigated by someone outside the university.
- Champaign man pleads guilty in student's drug-related death Updated: May-12-15 3:45 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A 21-year-old Champaign man has pleaded guilty to killing a University of Illinois student last year during a drug-related robbery.
- EXCHANGE: Salute to veterans: Music helped save the day Updated: May-08-15 8:37 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Days after the invasion of Normandy, Harvey Hodges climbed down a rope ladder onto Utah Beach.
- Medical foundation CEO to speak at U of Illinois graduation Updated: May-08-15 4:58 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The CEO of a foundation devoted to medical issues will be the speaker at the University of Illinois' spring commencement.
- Champaign expects to recover most of investment loss Updated: May-08-15 4:05 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Champaign officials say they expect to recover most of the more than half-million dollars it lost through an investment fund that is the subject of an investigation.
- Illinois pitching dominant, best arm might be in the bullpen Updated: May-07-15 5:17 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois reliever Tyler Jay was part of the Team USA national college team last summer, playing alongside players from traditional powers like Vanderbilt and Florida State.
- Champaign County seeks museum highlighting local innovations Updated: May-07-15 2:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An effort is underway to create a local museum featuring innovations developed in Champaign County.
- U of Illinois plans to launch online MBA program Updated: May-05-15 3:47 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois says it plans to launch an online-only MBA program early next year.
- Climatologist: April in Illinois a bit warmer than normal Updated: May-05-15 5:19 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' climate was a bit warmer than usual last month.
- Correction: Closer Look-Privatizing DCEO story Updated: May-04-15 6:54 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a story May 3 about legislation to privatize much of the work of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, The Associated Press misattributed a quote criticizing the plan. The quote should have been attributed to Ralph Martire, executive director of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability, not to Ron Baiman, who is no longer with the organization.
- U of Illinois faculty wary of new background checks Updated: May-04-15 12:47 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Some University of Illinois faculty members worry that a policy expanding employee background checks could compromise privacy.
- U of Illinois to honor first American Indian graduate Updated: May-01-15 4:35 am
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois will honor its first American Indian graduate by naming a dormitory after him.
- Former Illini football staffer convicted of weapons charge Updated: Apr-30-15 1:35 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Jurors in Champaign have convicted a former University of Illinois football staffer on a felony weapons charge.
- Group: U of Illinois wrongly revoked professor's job offer Updated: Apr-28-15 1:13 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A report from a national professors group says the University of Illinois wrongly rescinded a job offer for a professor after he made critical and profane comments about Israel on Twitter.
- 2 sentenced to prison in kidnapping hoax at Champaign mall Updated: Apr-28-15 6:50 am
URBANA, Illinois - A woman must serve at least one year in prison for faking her own kidnapping at a Champaign mall last year.
- Work to start later this year on Illinois fertilizer plant Updated: Apr-27-15 11:20 am
TUSCOLA, Illinois - Corn and soybeans have been planted for the last season on a patch of land in rural eastern Illinois that's to become the site of a $1.4 billion fertilizer plant.
- Illinois air museum plans to close over finances Updated: Apr-25-15 1:01 pm
RANTOUL, Illinois - An eastern Illinois museum that catalogues the history of a long-closed Air Force base and houses dozens of planes plans to close at the end of the year.
- Thunderstorms force cancellation of end of Illinois Marathon Updated: Apr-25-15 11:46 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The remainder of the Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon in Champaign and Urbana has been cancelled because of thunderstorms.
- Meetings to talk transportation priorities start next week Updated: Apr-25-15 4:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois transportation officials have announced the first stops on a statewide tour to discuss priorities for road, transit and other public works projects.
- Illinois lands Mike Thorne, transfer from Charlotte Updated: Apr-23-15 2:59 pm