- 2 Illinois players suspended indefinitely Updated: Aug-26-15 11:56 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach Tim Beckman has suspended a pair of defensive players for unspecified violations of team policies.
- University leaders forced out land in high-paid faculty jobs Updated: Aug-26-15 2:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The resignation of the top administrator at the University of Illinois' flagship campus is following a familiar script: Step down under pressure, take a year off with pay, then return as one of the highest-paid members of the faculty.
- Report: U of I athletes tested positive for drugs 65 times Updated: Aug-26-15 1:22 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Athletes at the University of Illinois tested positive for banned drugs 65 times during the 2014-2015 school year, more than any other year in at least a decade, according to a newspaper report published Wednesday.
- New U of Illinois band director plans to stay awhile Updated: Aug-25-15 4:43 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The new band director at the University of Illinois says he hopes to provide stability that has been lacking in recent years.
- Illinois honors Henson, names court for longtime coach Updated: Aug-24-15 6:23 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois said Monday that it will name the new court at the State Farm Center after longtime Illini coach Lou Henson, honoring the school's winningest basketball coach.
- Another top official at U of Illinois resigning Updated: Aug-24-15 5:27 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The No. 2 official at the University of Illinois' flagship campus announced his resignation Monday, the second high-level resignation following the disclosure that private email accounts were to use avoid public scrutiny of school business.
- Champaign history museum says it may have to close Updated: Aug-23-15 5:04 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The Champaign County Historical Museum says it may have to close because of financial problems.
- Luxury buildings change housing at University of Illinois Updated: Aug-22-15 10:35 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The luxury housing boom that's occurred over the past 14 years at the University of Illinois has changed the way students live on campus, though the allure is starting to wear off due to the price of rent, according to school officials.
- Comcast reveals subscriber in online comments case Updated: Aug-20-15 9:10 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Comcast Cable Communications has given a local politician in northern Illinois the identity of an Internet service subscriber whose account was used to post an anonymous comment online suggesting the politician molests children.
- Arena renovation project on track at University of Illinois Updated: Aug-20-15 4:23 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A $165 million renovation of the State Farm Center will be about 80 percent complete when the basketball arena opens on Dec. 2 for the University of Illinois' match against University Notre Dame, according to athletic department officials.
- U of Illinois hires former Big 12 commissioner to consult Updated: Aug-20-15 4:03 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois has hired a consulting firm led by former Big 12 Conference Commissioner Dan Beebe as it deals with allegations of mistreatment by former athletes.
- Vandal damages U of Illinois center's large menorah Updated: Aug-20-15 12:25 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Police says someone has vandalized a large menorah outside a Jewish center on the University of Illinois campus. It's the second time it has happened this year.
- U of Illinois airport hopes to boost business Updated: Aug-20-15 5:13 am
SAVOY, Illinois - The University of Illinois is unveiling a new slogan to try to increase use of its Willard Airport and is looking for a new executive to help build its business. But officials say passenger numbers are already up.
- Illinois backup running back Corbin lost for season Updated: Aug-19-15 3:38 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois freshman running back Reggie Corbin will miss the season after suffering a shoulder injury.
- U of Illinois president talks system enrollment of 100,000 Updated: Aug-19-15 1:11 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois President Tim Killeen said he is "testing the waters" for setting a goal that the university's three campuses should increase enrollment to 100,000 students.
- U of Illinois won't block Wise resignation as chancellor Updated: Aug-14-15 8:01 pm
The University of Illinois has reached a new deal with departing Chancellor Phyllis Wise that provides her a tenured faculty position paying nearly $300,000 a year - just two days after seeking to fire the molecular biologist amid a series of controversies, including her use of private email to avoid public exposure.
- Top Illinois defensive player Ward to miss start of season Updated: Aug-14-15 3:35 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois' top defensive player will miss the start of the season because of a knee injury.
- LaSalle's Khalid Lewis signs with Illinois Updated: Aug-14-15 1:35 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illini basketball officials say graduate transfer Khalid Lewis has signed with the team.
- Wise again tenders U of Illinois resignation, declines job Updated: Aug-14-15 12:31 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois Chancellor Phyllis Wise said Thursday night that she has again submitted her resignation and declined an appointment to an advisory job under President Timothy Killeen.
- Wise declines new U of Illinois job, again tries to resign Updated: Aug-14-15 12:01 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois Chancellor Phyllis Wise says she has submitted her resignation for a second time and declined an appointment to an advisory role reporting directly to President Timothy Killeen.
- U of Illinois' Killeen wants bonus removed from his contract Updated: Aug-13-15 7:16 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen has asked the board of trustees to remove a $225,000 bonus from his contract of the type that has suddenly become controversial with the ouster of Chancellor Phyllis Wise.
- U of Illinois to dismiss chancellor, rejects $400,000 bonus Updated: Aug-12-15 7:40 pm
URBANA, Illinois - University Of Illinois trustees plan to begin the process of firing Chancellor Phyllis Wise rather than accept her resignation and pay her a $400,000 bonus she had negotiated. President Timothy Killeen instead plans to assign her to an advisory position reporting directly to him.
- Businesses ready for Illini players, fans in Rantoul Updated: Aug-10-15 3:47 pm
RANTOUL, Illinois - Businesses in a central Illinois village just north of Champaign are ready for the influx of Illini football players, coaches and fans that comes every year with the team's boot camp.
- State of Illinois to open new drivers' office in Champaign Updated: Aug-10-15 5:19 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A new drivers' service office will open this week in Champaign-Urbana, where there hasn't been one since last November.
- Illinois ready to focus on football but faces questions Updated: Aug-09-15 6:00 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - It has been an eventful off season for Illinois and football coach Tim Beckman.