- Opponents upset Chief Illiniwek merchandise available online Updated: Oct-03-15 11:46 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Opponents of the University of Illinois' old mascot say they're upset that merchandise featuring Chief Illiniwek is available online after the school made the logo available to a licensing company.
- Former Illinois Gov. Quinn makes speech in central Illinois Updated: Oct-02-15 1:43 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former Gov. Pat Quinn has made a public appearance in central Illinois, saying he still believes an income tax increase is needed to cover expenses and end the budget stalemate.
- U of Illinois begins search for dean at new medical school Updated: Sep-30-15 3:15 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois and the hospital it's working with to open a new engineering-based medical school hope to have the first dean hired by spring 2016.
- U of Illinois finds bird that escaped from clinic handler Updated: Sep-29-15 11:54 am
URBANA, Illinois - An American kestrel that the University of Illinois used as an educational bird of prey has been found after escaping last week.
- Illini passing game suffering through inexperience Updated: Sep-28-15 6:00 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Something has been missing from Illinois' passing game the past two weeks.
- EXCHANGE: Ex-professor hits roads he never traveled as kid Updated: Sep-28-15 12:59 pm
SAVOY, Illinois - When Bill Smith was a child growing up in Urbana, his family didn't travel.
- Dow AgroSciences opens research facility at U of Illinois Updated: Sep-28-15 10:28 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A subsidiary of Dow Chemical Co. is opening a facility in the research park at the University of Illinois' Champaign-Urbana campus.
- Illinois survives Blue Raiders 27-25 with late field goal Updated: Sep-26-15 9:09 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - After Taylor Zalewski's 51-yard field goal gave Illinois a 2-point lead with 2:09 to play Saturday, the struggling kicker got a playful shove from one of his lineman, and a hug around his helmet from relieved quarterback Wes Lunt.
- Filing: Illinois spent $650,000 on women's basketball probe Updated: Sep-22-15 1:25 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An NCAA filing shows that the University of Illinois spent more than $650,000 for a Chicago law firm to investigate racial discrimination and abuse accusations in the women's basketball program.
- Antique fire truck, stored for years, displayed in Tolono Updated: Sep-22-15 5:05 am
TOLONO, Illinois - An antique fire truck once used in Tolono (tuh-LOH'-noh) is back on display after 13 years hidden in obscurity and uncertainty.
- Loss exposes holes in Illinois defense Updated: Sep-21-15 6:34 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - For the first two games of this season, the Illinois defense provided something that had been missing for a while in Champaign: a wall that kept the opposition off the scoreboard.
- DNA led to murder suspect in 1985 Chicago-area cold case Updated: Sep-21-15 5:10 pm
CHICAGO - A DNA sample submitted by a central Illinois man after a recent conviction led to his arrest in the 1985 stabbing death of a teenager who'd left her suburban Chicago home to buy candy, authorities said Monday.
- Cities told of victim exception in nuisance law Updated: Sep-21-15 3:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Civil rights advocates are trying to prepare Illinois cities with so-called nuisance laws about too many police calls for new exceptions protecting domestic abuse victims and disabled people.
- Afternoon kickoff set for Nebraska-Illinois Updated: Sep-21-15 2:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The kickoff time for the Nebraska-Illinois game on Oct. 3 has been set for 2:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Illinois launches Chinese broadcasts of football games Updated: Sep-19-15 3:03 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Standing in a small, sterile booth high above the turf at Memorial Stadium, David He's voice reaches a near-shout any time Illinois' football team makes a big play against Kent State.
- Illinois woman charged with killing dog is acquitted Updated: Sep-17-15 8:34 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A jury has acquitted a Champaign woman of animal torture and aggravated cruel treatment of animal charges for placing her former boyfriend's puppy into a hot oven and killing it.
- Manure spill kills fish, pollutes eastern Illinois river Updated: Sep-17-15 12:48 pm
FITHIAN, Illinois - The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency says manure spilled from an eastern Illinois farm killed more than 98,000 fish and polluted the Vermilion River.
- Champaign police revive 11-year-old stun gun request Updated: Sep-17-15 5:11 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Police in a central Illinois college town are renewing an 11-year-old request to arm officers with stun guns.
- U of Illinois faculty to challenge background check policy Updated: Sep-16-15 10:41 am
URBANA, Illinois - Faculty members at the University of Illinois campus in Champaign-Urbana plan to vote on a resolution next week that would ask the school's board of trustees to delay the start of a policy instituting background checks on new hires.
- Illini defense riding high with North Carolina test ahead Updated: Sep-14-15 5:53 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - For much of the past three seasons, defense was almost a dirty word at Illinois. The Illini were at the back of the Big Ten in almost every category.
- Judge orders new trial in 2008 killing of Champaign man Updated: Sep-14-15 10:56 am
URBANA, Illinois - A Champaign County judge has ruled that a Champaign man should get a new trial because prosecutors didn't correct the record when two witnesses lied to a jury.
- Emerald ash borers destroying trees in Champaign-Urbana area Updated: Sep-13-15 10:23 am
URBANA, Illinois - An invasive insect species has been wreaking havoc on ash trees throughout central Illinois this summer.
- U of Illinois emails highlight medical school struggle Updated: Sep-13-15 9:33 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Before the University of Illinois decided to create a new engineering-based medical school at the Urbana-Champaign campus, the power players behind the idea maneuvered to line up political support while they fought off attempts to kill the idea from within.
- Illinois shuts out Western Illinois, 44-0 Updated: Sep-12-15 5:04 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A season ago, Illinois games against Youngstown State, Texas State and others that Big Ten teams are expected to coast through turned into nail-biters.
- U of I veterinary college promises changes after cow deaths Updated: Sep-12-15 1:43 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois is promising changes at its college of veterinary medicine after a federal inspection found violations related to the deaths of five cows.