- Wichita man ordered to pay back $165,000 to investors Updated: Nov-25-15 5:16 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man has been ordered to pay back more than $165,000 in funds he took from investors.
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected Updated: Nov-24-15 2:20 pm
COFFEYVILLE, Kansas - Football fans still pack Veterans Memorial Stadium here on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons in the fall. The Verdigris River still flows sluggishly by.
- Man sentenced to 31 months for Wichita shooting Updated: Nov-24-15 11:11 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 32-year-old Wichita man faces about 2 ½ years in prison for a fatal shooting in June.
- Wichita offering amnesty program for some suspended drivers Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita Municipal Court is offering an amnesty program next month for drivers whose licenses have been suspended for failing to pay or go to court for a traffic citation.
- Poor equipment, weather to blame for fatal crash near Derby Updated: Nov-24-15 4:45 am
DERBY, Kansas - A new report says a plane crash that killed a California traveling pastor and his longtime pilot in 2013 near Derby was the result of the pilot attempting to navigate icy conditions with malfunctioning controls.
- District attorney blocks recall effort against commissioner Updated: Nov-23-15 8:12 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Sedgwick County district attorney on Monday blocked a recall effort against a county commissioner who has faced criticism for his public health budget votes and stance on benefits for people living the country illegally.
- Kansas seeking increase in engineering grads Updated: Nov-23-15 10:57 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas is moving toward a goal of increasing the number of college graduates majoring in engineering.
- Wichita reporting increase in armed robberies Updated: Nov-23-15 8:38 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita police say they're dealing with a dramatic increase in armed robberies of businesses.
- Kansas gets 'C' grade in domestic minor sex trafficking Updated: Nov-23-15 3:56 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Vancouver, Washington-based nonprofit has given Kansas a grade of "C'' for its legislation addressing domestic child sex trafficking.
- 1902 Victorian home moves to new Wichita location Updated: Nov-22-15 5:39 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A two-and-a-half-story Victorian home has moved to new spot in north Wichita.
- Dodge City teacher named 2016 Kansas Teacher of the Year Updated: Nov-22-15 5:17 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A high school mathematics teacher from Dodge City is the 2016 Kansas Teacher of the Year.
- Group says youth drug overdoses up in Kansas Updated: Nov-22-15 1:20 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A study by a nonprofit health advocacy group says youth drug overdose rates are up in Kansas, but that they remain lower than the national rate.
- No. 9 Wichita State easily beats Emporia State 76-54 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:48 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Ron Baker scored 23 points and No. 9 Wichita State bounced back from its first November loss since 2011 to beat Emporia State 76-54 on Saturday.
- Northern Iowa upsets No. 1 North Carolina 71-67 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:45 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Northern Iowa was supposed to be in a rebuilding year.
- Wichita police investigate bank robbery Updated: Nov-21-15 12:30 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Authorities are investigating a robbery at a bank in east Wichita.
- How the Omaha zoo gets its animals Updated: Nov-21-15 11:02 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - When the zoo wants to buy an animal, like its three recently acquired giraffes, it uses a sort of animal matchmaker.
- Kansas spending $20M to dredge John Redmond Reservoir Updated: Nov-20-15 4:25 pm
BURLINGTON, Kansas - Kansas is spending about $20 million to remove sediment from the reservoir that serves as the primary water source for a nearby nuclear power plant and several communities.
- 2 teens arrested in Kansas for fatal shooting of Tulsa girl Updated: Nov-20-15 2:37 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Two teenagers have been arrested in Kansas in connection with the fatal drive-by shooting of a 16-year-old girl in Tulsa.
- Foul play not suspected with body found in Wichita park Updated: Nov-20-15 2:49 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say foul play is not suspected in the death of a man whose body was found in a Wichita park.
- Kansas official shows slides of criminals named Mohammed Updated: Nov-19-15 8:11 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A commissioner in the second most populous Kansas county put on a slide presentation at a local government meeting showing convicted criminals with the name Mohammed, prompting a Muslim group to respond that American politicians seem to be racing to see who is the more bigoted.
- Kansas mental health center denies sexual harassment claims Updated: Nov-19-15 3:59 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A mental health center in western Kansas denies allegations brought by one current and one former worker that it was aware that a former manager was a "serial sexual predator" who had inappropriate contact with clients and staff for almost 30 years.
- Kansas Aviation Museum seeking new director Updated: Nov-19-15 5:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Aviation Museum in Wichita again needs a new director.
- Kansas school's plan on diversity worries some GOP lawmakers Updated: Nov-18-15 6:06 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The University of Kansas' plan to require "inclusion and belonging" training for everyone on campus drew criticism Wednesday from Republican legislators who worry that it will become an effort to squelch conservative thought.
- Sedgwick County group seeks recall of county commissioner Updated: Nov-18-15 5:35 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A group of Sedgwick County residents have filed a request to recall a county commissioner over his proposal to restrict people who are in the U.S. illegally from participating in a federal nutrition program.
- Man charged with murder in death of 17-month-old child Updated: Nov-18-15 3:36 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A man has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of his girlfriend's 17-month-old daughter over the weekend.