- Former Kansas county conservation director charged Updated: Jun-29-15 5:39 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The former director of a southeast Kansas conservation district faces federal fraud charges.
- Wichita woman sentenced to probation for stealing mail Updated: Jun-29-15 1:27 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita woman has been sentenced to five years of federal probation for stealing mail and cashing counterfeit checks.
- KanCare starting ombudsman volunteer program in 3 places Updated: Jun-29-15 7:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The state-run program that administers Medicaid is seeking volunteer ombudsman for Kansas City, Johnson County and Wichita.
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts Updated: Jun-28-15 4:23 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Budget cuts are leading to significant cuts to a Kansas program designed to enhance career and technical education.
- US Supreme Court gay marriage ruling impacts Kansas case Updated: Jun-26-15 7:45 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The U.S. Supreme Court's ruling declaring that gay couples have a right to marry anywhere in the country is expected to bring a quick resolution to a similar case over a Kansas ban that is still before a lower federal court.
- The Latest: Religious freedom laws will be examined Updated: Jun-26-15 7:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Here is the latest on gay marriage in Kansas. (All times local.)
- Wichita man convicted of trying to kill family Updated: Jun-26-15 7:35 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man has been found guilty of trying to kill his wife and two sons.
- Court rails against judge who didn't show for jury duty Updated: Jun-26-15 6:13 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge won't punish a Kansas judge who didn't show up for jury duty in federal court.
- Wichita police say body found in abandoned home Updated: Jun-26-15 7:37 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita police are trying to determine if a body found in an abandoned home is that of a missing Augusta man.
- Park officials: Bobcat found after hole cut into cage Updated: Jun-26-15 2:40 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Officials of a Wichita nature center say Bobbie the bobcat is back home after vandals cut a hole into in his cage.
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag Updated: Jun-25-15 5:31 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Some Wichita City Council members say they hope the council will discuss a Confederate flag that flies alongside other historic flags at the John S. Stevens Pavilion at Veterans Memorial Plaza near downtown.
- Advocates allege religious discrimination at VA hospital Updated: Jun-24-15 8:19 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Members of a Native American sweat lodge at a VA hospital in Wichita have been subjected to discrimination and "blatant hostility" aimed at shutting down their religious services, according to a letter sent by a religious liberties group Wednesday to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Investigators say arson likely cause of Wichita store fire Updated: Jun-24-15 5:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita fire investigators say arson is the likely cause of a store fire that caused about $400,000 in damages and injured two firefighters.
- Sedgwick County jail deputy charged with assault Updated: Jun-24-15 3:07 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Sedgwick County jail deputy has been suspended from duty after facing charges stemming from a domestic disturbance.
- Truck crashes into dugout at Kansas baseball field Updated: Jun-24-15 7:35 am
DERBY, Kansas - Investigators are trying to determine why the driver of a pickup truck drove into the dugout at a baseball diamond in a Wichita suburb.
- Man sentenced for dropping gun in Kansas City school Updated: Jun-24-15 6:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man who dropped a loaded handgun inside a Kansas City school auditorium last year has been sentenced to nearly two years in prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday Updated: Jun-24-15 5:06 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Actor William Shatner is scheduled to pass through Wichita this week on a trip to raise money for the American Legion.
- Feds ask judge to reconsider ruling in 'pill mill' case Updated: Jun-24-15 5:04 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Prosecutors want a federal judge to reconsider a ruling that overturned six convictions against a former Kansas doctor and his wife whose pain clinic is linked to 68 overdose deaths.
- Kansas board picks least costly proposal for new casino Updated: Jun-23-15 11:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A state board Tuesday night selected a group with ties to two other Kansas casinos to build and manage a new one in the state's southeast corner, passing over a bigger project designed to compete head to head with the largest tribal casino in far northeast Oklahoma.
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increases Updated: Jun-23-15 12:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The presidents of four Kansas universities say they will decline or donate a 2 percent pay increase approved for them last week.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jun-23-15 12:09 pm
Hutchinson News, June 18
- Man accused of threatening Wichita park visitors Updated: Jun-22-15 5:32 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 55-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of threatening visitors at Riverside Park in Wichita.
- Woman critically hurt in west Wichita apartment fire Updated: Jun-21-15 12:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A woman has been critically injured in a Wichita apartment fire.
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns Wichita schools Updated: Jun-21-15 11:47 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita school district leaders say they are concerned that Sedgwick County officials are considering reopening the Judge Riddel Boys Ranch, which would require a significant investment from the district.
- Sailing club overcomes challenges of landlocked Kansas Updated: Jun-20-15 11:47 am
WICHITA, Kansas - It hasn't always been smooth sailing for the Ninnescah Sailing Association in the landlocked state of Kansas, which doesn't even have a big enough natural lake to take to the water.