- Police probe Kansas theft of Blue Man Group costumes Updated: Apr-28-16 5:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Police in Wichita, Kansas, are trying to unravel who made off with costumes of the Blue Man Group while the performance artists were there this week.
- Bill would reinstate income taxes on some Kansas businesses Updated: Apr-28-16 4:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Three Republican senators have proposed a bill that would reinstate income taxes for more than 330,000 Kansas business owners and farmers in a way to help address the state's budget problems.
- Kansas House OKs bill cracking down on turnpike scofflaws Updated: Apr-28-16 3:29 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House has signed off on legislation meant to crack down on people who purposely ignore paying tolls on the state's turnpike.
- Historic statue returns to Civil War memorial in Wichita Updated: Apr-28-16 12:47 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A historic statue has been returned to a Civil War memorial in Wichita after undergoing a nearly three-year renovation in Missouri.
- Report: VA office in Kansas manipulated data on appeals Updated: Apr-27-16 3:06 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Veterans Affairs regional office in Kansas listed erroneous medical conditions for three dozen patients who were appealing rejected claims - an apparent effort to speed up the review process that might have had the opposite effect, government investigators found.
- USGS records 4.1 magnitude earthquake in central Oklahoma Updated: Apr-27-16 1:19 pm
LUTHER, Oklahoma - The U.S. Geological Survey has recorded at 4.1 magnitude earthquake in the Oklahoma City area.
- Man pleads guilty to explosives use tied to abortion clinic Updated: Apr-26-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A homeless man has pleaded guilty to criminal use of explosives after he went to apply for a job a Wichita abortion clinic with a small bottle of gunpowder and a wick in his backpack.
- Wichita infant dies while sleeping with parent Updated: Apr-26-16 8:26 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say a 5-month-old baby has died while taking a nap in bed with his mother.
- Police: Body found in Arkansas River in Wichita Updated: Apr-26-16 1:54 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say the body of a man in his 30s was found in the Arkansas River in Wichita.
- F-5 tornado struck the Wichita metro area 25 years ago Updated: Apr-25-16 10:38 am
ANDOVER, Kansas - The air was so muggy that day. April 26, 1991.
- Wichita's Cessna gets $14 million Air Force contract Updated: Apr-24-16 4:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita aircraft company has won a $14 million Air Force contract.
- Attorney general opinion casts doubt on Wichita slots Updated: Apr-24-16 4:27 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Legislation that would permit Sedgwick County residents to cast another vote on whether to allow slot machines at the Wichita Greyhound Park would breach the Kansas Lottery's contract with the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, according to Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt.
- Judge denies bond change request for ex-Cowboy Joseph Randle Updated: Apr-23-16 3:51 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas judge has declined a request to change the bond conditions for former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle.
- Drones for businesses slow to take off in Kansas Updated: Apr-23-16 11:42 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Some businessmen say the commercial drone industry in Kansas has taken off more slowly than they expected, and a national survey supports that contention.
- Kobach wins 2nd conviction in double-voting prosecution Updated: Apr-22-16 3:07 pm
HAYS, Kansas - A new state law that gives Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach the power to prosecute election fraud allegations has notched its second conviction.
- Music fund endowed for $1 million at McPherson College Updated: Apr-21-16 8:32 am
MCPHERSON, Kansas - A Wichita businessman has established a $1 million endowment that will provide a new music series and a student scholarship at McPherson College.
- Wichita City Council approves regulating massage businesses Updated: Apr-20-16 5:05 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A new Wichita ordinance bans all sex activity in massage parlors and requires formal training for would-be masseurs and masseuses.
- 2 men charged with invoking candidates' names in clash Updated: Apr-20-16 1:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita gas station clash in which authorities say racial slurs and the names of presidential hopefuls Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders were shouted has led to misdemeanor charges.
- Wichita abortion opponent faces trial in threat case Updated: Apr-20-16 12:30 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A judge has spurned a last-ditch effort to throw out a lawsuit against an abortion opponent accused of sending a letter to a Wichita doctor saying someone might place an explosive under her car.
- Police: Woman steals dead woman's purse in Wichita Updated: Apr-20-16 2:18 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police are looking for a woman who they say stole a purse from another woman who had collapsed and died before entering a Wichita building.
- Kansas district shortens school week to save money Updated: Apr-19-16 7:11 pm
CANEY, Kansas - A small southeast Kansas school district that is "hanging on by a thread" will have a four-day week for the rest of the school year to save money, the superintendent said.
- Commission approves vaping on Sedgwick Count property Updated: Apr-19-16 3:33 pm
DERBY, Kansas - Electronic cigarettes will be permitted in public buildings in a southern Kansas county under a newly approved policy.
- Police: No charges in death of boy, 2, struck by car Updated: Apr-19-16 1:13 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Investigators say no charges will be filed after a 2-year-old boy was fatally struck by a car in a Wichita driveway.
- Wichita man who posed as veterinarian given probation Updated: Apr-18-16 5:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man who pretended to be a veterinarian and stole thousands of dollars in fraud schemes was sentenced to five years' probation.
- Amtrak will use bus line to restore service to Wichita Updated: Apr-18-16 4:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Amtrak has restored service to Wichita, although it will use buses rather than a train to connect with routes in Oklahoma City and Newton, officials announced Monday.