- Wichita planning 'urban wetlands' park Updated: Aug-28-15 3:19 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita officials say they're planning an urban wetlands park in the city that could include walking and jogging trails, plus a fishing pond.
- Police: Man dies after car crashes into side of Wichita home Updated: Aug-28-15 4:13 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 45-year-old man has died after his car crashed into the side of a house in Wichita.
- Body of minor found near Haysville school Updated: Aug-27-15 3:21 pm
HAYSVILLE, Kansas - Authorities are investigating after the body of a minor was found near a south-central Kansas school playground.
- Accomplice in Kansas couple's death sentenced to life Updated: Aug-27-15 12:59 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - An accomplice in the killings of a Kansas couple has been sentenced to prison.
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers Updated: Aug-27-15 11:29 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas oil industry continues to face pressure because of falling prices.
- Father of missing Wichita infant sent to jail Updated: Aug-27-15 9:29 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The father of a Wichita baby not seen since July will spend a year in jail for violating his probation on a battery charge.
- Kansas plans state's first public summit on drones Updated: Aug-27-15 7:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas officials are planning a public summit on drones this fall.
- Wichita man pleads guilty in killing after dispute over dog Updated: Aug-27-15 2:19 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 32-year-old Wichita man has pleaded guilty in the killing of a man after a dispute over which of them owned a pit bull.
- Kansas Aviation Museum to celebrate 25th anniversary Updated: Aug-27-15 2:10 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Aviation Museum is set to host an open house to celebrate its 25th anniversary in Wichita.
- Kansas agency OKs increases to health insurance premiums Updated: Aug-26-15 2:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas residents who purchase health insurance on their own could see their premiums increase up to 25.4 percent next year under new rates approved by the state's Insurance Department this week.
- Man will not be charged in shooting death in Wichita Updated: Aug-26-15 7:34 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A man who fatally shot another man in Wichita last month will not face charges.
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000 Updated: Aug-26-15 5:37 am
WICHITA, Kansas - An auction of items from the old Mid-Continent Airport terminal has brought in about $83,000 for the Wichita Airport Authority.
- Court backs Wichita State University in lawsuit over test Updated: Aug-25-15 1:28 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal appeals court has sided with Wichita State University in a lawsuit brought by a student with attention deficit disorder over a failed test.
- Kansas seeks to block release of voting machine paper tapes Updated: Aug-24-15 5:56 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The top election official in Kansas has asked a Sedgwick County judge to block the release of voting machine tapes sought by a Wichita mathematician who is researching statistical anomalies favoring Republicans in counts coming from large precincts in the November 2014 general election.
- Man dies in tree-trimming fall in Wichita Updated: Aug-24-15 4:47 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A 41-year-old man has died after falling from a tree he had been trimming in Wichita.
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case Updated: Aug-24-15 3:12 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - A western Kansas woman has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from accusations that arose after 11-year-old son said in school that his mother smokes marijuana "a lot."
- Wichita officer dragged by a vehicle released from hospital Updated: Aug-24-15 2:46 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita police officer who fatally shot a man while being dragged by a vehicle during a traffic stop has been released from the hospital, authorities said Monday.
- Wichita woman ordered to pay $40,000 in Medicaid fraud case Updated: Aug-24-15 2:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita woman has been ordered to repay the Kansas Medicaid program over $40,000 for committing Medicaid fraud while she was a care attendant.
- Wichita man gets 33 years in prison for fatal 2013 shooting Updated: Aug-24-15 1:55 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man has been sentenced to about 33 years in prison for the slaying of a 23-year-old man two years ago.
- Jesus picture removed from Chanute middle school Updated: Aug-23-15 5:46 pm
CHANUTE, Kansas - A picture of Jesus has been removed from a southeast Kansas middle school where it had hung for decades.
- Eisenhower Foundation raises money for updates Updated: Aug-23-15 4:16 pm
ABILENE, Kansas - To mark the 125th year since Dwight D. Eisenhower's birth, a multi-million dollar fundraising campaign has begun to do a better job of telling the story of the nation's 34th president.
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit Updated: Aug-23-15 11:16 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita State University mathematician says she's not optimistic that she'll win her lawsuit seeking ballot information so she can perform an audit of the 2014 election.
- Kansas Democrats try to regroup after chairman resigns Updated: Aug-22-15 4:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The resignation of the Kansas Democratic Party's chairman amid a backlash over comments he made about rebranding the party's message has thrown a mid-year political convention into flux.
- Kobach proposal would purge more than 34K prospective voters Updated: Aug-22-15 11:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Opponents of a proposed regulation that would allow Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach to purge the names of more than 34,000 prospective voters will protest at a public hearing next month, but concede there is little else they can do.
- Kansas lost federal funds stripped from Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-21-15 6:04 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Since Kansas won its fight to strip Planned Parenthood and another clinic of federal family planning dollars more than a year ago, promising to use those funds at other medical facilities and offer the same services, the state has instead lost the money and many services for low-income patients have been cut.