- Wichita settles with man who claimed police officer beat him Updated: Jul-29-15 3:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The city of Wichita has settled a lawsuit accusing an 18-year veteran of the police department of beating a man over what began as an alleged parking violation.
- Appeals court: Kansas abortion opponent must stand trial Updated: Jul-29-15 2:42 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas abortion opponent must stand trial over a letter she sent to a Wichita doctor saying someone might place an explosive under the doctor's car, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- Wichita man killed when 2 semis collide on turnpike Updated: Jul-28-15 12:07 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Two semis collided on the Kansas Turnpike, killing one of the drivers.
- Top Democrat in Kansas House apologizes to caucus Updated: Jul-28-15 11:13 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The top Democrat in the Kansas House has apologized to fellow Democrats and asked how he can improve next session.
- Kansas fish farms benefiting from wet weather Updated: Jul-28-15 9:55 am
WICHITA, Kansas - After years of drought, all the recent wet weather in Kansas has been a boon to the state's fish farmers.
- University of Kansas appoints new state government liaison Updated: Jul-28-15 5:04 am
- Wellington man gets 8 years in prison for child pornography Updated: Jul-28-15 2:10 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 48-year-old Wellington man has been sentenced to eight years and four months in federal prison for distributing child pornography.
- Man suspected in shooting also believed to have abused cat Updated: Jul-27-15 5:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A 28-year-old Wichita man accused of trying to kill his girlfriend also is being investigated for possible animal abuse after video surfaced of the woman's kitten being thrown against a wall.
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete Updated: Jul-27-15 9:13 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Visitors to the Kansas Aviation Museum in Wichita are now able to view the museum's exhibits in air conditioned comfort, thanks to a $1.3 million renovation project that is nearly complete, the museum's director said.
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence Updated: Jul-27-15 8:35 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Six of the nine most accident-prone spots along the Kansas Turnpike are in the Lawrence area, according to a study compiled for the Kansas Turnpike Authority.
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita Updated: Jul-27-15 4:53 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 30-year-old woman has been arrested after Wichita police say she assaulted a police horse and two officers.
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas Updated: Jul-26-15 1:20 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Virtual school opportunities for Kansas students blending traditional classroom learning with online classes could nearly vanish in a couple of years.
- Marshals capture Oklahoma prison escapee in Wichita Updated: Jul-24-15 2:05 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The U.S. Marshals Service has captured an Oklahoma prison escapee in Kansas.
- Wichita considers selling downtown Hyatt Updated: Jul-24-15 11:26 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The city of Wichita is considering selling the downtown Hyatt Regency Wichita after owning it for more than a decade, so it can pay for some infrastructure repairs.
- Man sentenced to 30 years in prison for shooting at police Updated: Jul-24-15 5:40 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for firing shots at Wichita police officers during a car chase.
- Arrest affidavit offers look into case against Kansas mom Updated: Jul-23-15 5:31 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - An arrest affidavit for a west Kansas woman accused of endangering her 11-year-old son by keeping marijuana around the house states the boy was able to draw a picture of the vaporizer she used to turn pot into cannabis oil.
- Man who killed local restaurant owner sentenced to 50 years Updated: Jul-23-15 12:32 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A 47-year-old Wichita man who pleaded guilty to killing a popular local restaurant owner earlier this year has been sentenced to life in prison without a chance of parole for 50 years.
- Judge orders Kansas doctor, wife returned for re-sentencing Updated: Jul-23-15 5:08 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A judge has ordered the return for resentencing of a Kansas doctor and his wife convicted of a moneymaking conspiracy at a clinic linked to 68 overdose deaths.
- Kansas Revenue Department still processing paper tax returns Updated: Jul-22-15 1:16 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Department of Revenue says it's still processing paper tax returns but should be finished soon.
- Kansas tax amnesty program to begin in September Updated: Jul-22-15 11:02 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansans who owe back taxes to the state will be able to pay the debt without also paying penalties for six weeks, beginning in September.
- Kansas seeks dismissal of ACLU lawsuit on gay marriage Updated: Jul-21-15 2:14 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The state is facing a Tuesday deadline to respond to a civil rights group's demand that Kansas' gay marriage ban be ruled unconstitutional - and not simply dismissed as moot - in light of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling last month that legalized same-sex unions nationwide.
- Researchers: Kansas cash balance to be lower than expected Updated: Jul-21-15 10:22 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislative researchers say the state's cash balance could be smaller next June than lawmakers realized when they approved increases in sales and tobacco taxes to fill a $400 million budget gap.
- Former surgery center employee convicted of computer fraud Updated: Jul-21-15 3:44 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 54-year-old former employee of a Wichita surgery center has been found guilty of computer fraud for a mass transfer of emails that included information of 317 patients.
- Sen. Moran gets nearly $30,000 from American Indian tribes Updated: Jul-21-15 2:35 am
WICHITA, Kansas - U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas has received nearly $30,000 in support of his re-election bid from 12 different American Indian tribes since January, including Kansas' Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
- Judge dismisses charges in alleged $132 million scam Updated: Jul-20-15 3:37 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge has dismissed the indictment against seven men accused in 2012 of cheating investors out of $132 million.