- Army's largest training installation changes commanders Updated: May-29-15 8:26 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - The two-star general who has been in charge of the Army's largest training installation says he's been impressed over the past two years with how the young men and women entering the Army rise to the demands of basic training.
- Wilson replaces Swinney as speaker at Palmetto Family event Updated: May-29-15 7:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson will speak at an event sponsored by a group that opposes gay marriage next week after Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney canceled.
- Deputies shoot dog, miss suspect during stolen SUV chase Updated: May-29-15 6:56 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina - A Labrador retriever was shot in the hindquarters by Berkeley County deputies trying to apprehend a suspect who stole an SUV.
- Lawmakers proclaim "Darlington Raceway Week" Updated: May-28-15 6:54 pm
DARLINGTON, South Carolina - South Carolina lawmakers have made the first week in September "Darlington Raceway Week" as the track prepares for Labor Day weekend racing.
- 9 Clemson teams post 3.0 GPAs in spring Updated: May-28-15 6:47 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - The University Office of Institutional Research at Clemson says nine of the school's athletic teams finished the spring semester with grade point averages of 3.0 or better.
- Increased domestic violence penalties headed to Haley's desk Updated: May-28-15 4:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill increasing penalties in South Carolina for repeat domestic violence offenders and banning batterers from having guns is heading to the governor's desk.
- Volvo: Workers, infrastructure key in SC plant selection Updated: May-28-15 4:53 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The CEO of Volvo Cars of North America said Thursday that infrastructure, a business-friendly climate and a capable workforce were reasons Volvo selected South Carolina over 60 sites nationwide for its first North American assembly plant.
- 'Teen Mom 2' personality jailed on domestic violence charge Updated: May-28-15 3:29 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Police in Myrtle Beach have arrested one of the personalities from the reality TV show "Teen Mom 2" after investigators say she assaulted her former fiance.
- Ex-South Carolina state Sen. Ford sentenced to probation Updated: May-28-15 2:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former state Senator Robert Ford must serve five years of probation on charges connected to an ethics case involving campaign funds spent on expenses including gym memberships, clothes and male enhancement drugs, according to a sentence handed down Thursday.
- Cougars no longer an NCAA surprise Updated: May-28-15 2:06 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - College of Charleston second baseman Blake Butler felt it when the Cougars got back together for workouts last fall: His team wanted to finish the job it began last season.
- 2 bids for old state property at Port Royal, South Carolina Updated: May-28-15 12:41 pm
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - After struggling for years to sell its old Port of Port Royal property, the South Carolina Ports Authority has received two new bids for the 317-acre tract.
- No charges in shooting death in Piedmont Updated: May-28-15 8:06 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Anderson County sheriff's deputies say no charges will be filed against a Piedmont man who shot and killed his nephew earlier this week.
- Greenville man stabbed to death in Travelers Rest Updated: May-28-15 7:31 am
TRAVELERS REST, South Carolina - A Greenville man has died after he was stabbed in the chest at a home in Travelers Rest.
- Man pleads guilty in 2013 killing in Charleston County Updated: May-28-15 6:50 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A man has pleaded guilty to killing a 25-year-old Beaufort man after arranging to buy the victim's pickup truck off Craigslist.
- Woman accused of homicide in death of an infant Updated: May-28-15 5:56 am
BOILING SPRINGS, South Carolina - The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office says a Boiling Springs woman charged with felony child abuse in the death of a 3-month-old girl in March now faces a homicide charge.
- College installs hand sanitizer stations after survey Updated: May-28-15 5:11 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - A survey has led to a Conway college installing hand sanitizer stations around campus.
- Medical University holds Hurricane Awareness Day Updated: May-28-15 4:05 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Emergency and medical workers are urging South Carolina residents to be prepared for the upcoming hurricane season.
- Bill that bans abortion in SC past 19 weeks returns to House Updated: May-27-15 6:40 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The fate of a bill banning abortion past 19 weeks in South Carolina is once again in the House's hands.
- Ex-Clemson basketball coach Bill Foster dies Wednesday Updated: May-27-15 6:36 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Bill Foster, the only Clemson basketball coach to reach the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight, has died after long bout with Parkinson's disease. He was 79.
- Swinney cancels visit to group opposing same-sex marriage Updated: May-27-15 6:12 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney cancelled an appearance at the Palmetto Family Council next month after a state lawmaker criticized him because the group opposes same-sex marriage.
- Haley urges senators to pass bill allowing Uber services Updated: May-27-15 4:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is urging senators to pass a bill that would allow Uber to continue operating in South Carolina past this summer.
- Winthrop soccer coach to step down after 2015 season Updated: May-27-15 4:54 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Longtime Winthrop men's soccer coach Rich Posipanko has announced he will step down after the 2015 season.
- Florida entrepreneur interested in Georgetown steel mill Updated: May-27-15 3:02 pm
GEORGETOWN, South Carolina - A Florida entrepreneur who tried twice before to buy the Georgetown steel mill says he's again interested in acquiring the mill and preventing it from permanently shutting its doors this summer.
- Senators hear about report on Pinewood toxic waste dump Updated: May-27-15 2:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The oldest part of a Sumter County toxic waste landfill that is at the most risk because of its construction is also the part closest to a lake that provides water to thousands of people.
- Lawmakers make Pleicones 1st new chief justice in 15 years Updated: May-27-15 1:53 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina lawmakers elected Supreme Court associate justice Costa Pleicones the state's first new chief justice in 15 years on Wednesday, but he won't have the job for long.