- Funeral set for Panthers fan who died in San Francisco Updated: Feb-12-16 5:15 pm
LANCASTER, South Carolina - The funeral for a South Carolina man who collapsed and died during a family outing to the Super Bowl will be held Saturday in Lancaster, his widow said.
- SLED: Violent crime rate down 12 percent in SC in 2013 Updated: Feb-12-16 2:00 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The rate of violent crime dropped more than 12 percent while the rate of property crimes was down almost 6 percent in South Carolina from 2012 to 2013. Assaults on law enforcement officers increased.
- Carnegie Hall brings more than musical harmony to SC prison Updated: Feb-12-16 1:33 pm
BISHOPVILLE, South Carolina - One of South Carolina's most dangerous prisons is also home to beautiful music, occasions when gate alarms and tower sirens are replaced by guitar riffs, beat box rhythms and the strains of Vivaldi.
- Body of woman missing more than a week found in Upstate SC Updated: Feb-12-16 11:54 am
ARKWRIGHT, South Carolina - The body of a woman missing for more than a week has been found in Spartanburg County and authorities are treating the death as a homicide.
- Councilman: Reward workers for eliminating wasteful spending Updated: Feb-12-16 11:01 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An Horry County councilman is proposing a program that could reward county workers tens of thousands of dollars for finding and eliminating wasteful spending.
- Deputies say death at Murrells Inlet motel suspicious Updated: Feb-12-16 8:22 am
MURRELLS INLET, South Carolina - Georgetown County sheriff's deputies say the death of a man whose body was found in a motel in Murrells Inlet is suspicious.
- SC man gets 23 years in shooting death of brother Updated: Feb-12-16 8:16 am
RIDGELAND, South Carolina - A Jasper County man has been sentenced to 23 years in prison after being convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the shooting death of his brother.
- Officials investigate dye in Reedy River in Greenville Updated: Feb-12-16 7:53 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Officials are trying to figure out how a yellow dye ended up in a section of the Reedy River in Greenville County.
- Debate Takeaways: Clinton, Sanders appeal to SC, Nevada Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
MILWAUKEE - In the first Democratic presidential debate since Bernie Sanders' sweeping victory in New Hampshire's primary, the Vermont senator sought to build upon success and introduce himself to voters who may be open to an alternative to Iowa winner Hillary Clinton.
- Man accused of shooting, killing his wheelchair-bound mother Updated: Feb-12-16 7:03 am
KERSHAW, South Carolina - A Lancaster County man has been charged in connection with the shooting death of his wheelchair-bound mother, whose decomposed body was found inside her home.
- A wild time on SC coast: Southeastern Wildlife Expo opens Updated: Feb-12-16 6:12 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - From birds of prey and retrieving dogs to raptors and rattlesnakes, it's that time of year when Charleston gets a little bit wild.
- Bush campaigning in Anderson, talking faith in Greenville Updated: Feb-12-16 4:16 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is making a few more campaign stops in South Carolina before this weekend's Republican presidential debate.
- Kasich works to assure South Carolina of conservative record Updated: Feb-12-16 4:12 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An energized John Kasich heads into South Carolina's Republican presidential primary hoping to build on a strong showing in New Hampshire, but he's refusing to tailor or shift his message to fit the state's more conservative electorate.
- Mitchell's 22 lead No. 2 South Carolina to 86-71 win Updated: Feb-11-16 10:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The sting of losing to UConn hasn't disappeared. Dawn Staley, though, was happy to see No. 2 South Carolina get back on track with an 86-71 victory over No. 16 Florida on Thursday night.
- James Madison knocks off College of Charleston 56-52 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:37 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Joey McLean made six points in the final 30 seconds to secure James Madison's 56-52 win over College of Charleston on Thursday night.
- Potter's 27 aids Charleston Southern past Presbyterian 77-63 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:36 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Armel Potter scored a career-high 27 points with eight rebounds and Charleston Southern defeated Presbyterian 77-63 on Thursday night, notching a 10th-straight win over Presbyterian in five seasons.
- Gavin scores 20, Winthrop beats Longwood 88-80 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:07 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Jimmy Gavin scored 25 points with seven 3-pointers and the go-ahead basket as Winthrop beat Longwood 88-80 on Thursday night to sweep the season series.
- High Point holds off Coastal Carolina 68-67 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:03 pm
CONWAY, South Carolina - Haiishen McIntyre made two free throws with 57 seconds left to provide just enough cushion for High Point to slip past Coastal Carolina 68-67 on Thursday night.
- Norelia scores 22, sparks FGCU past SC-Upstate 71-64 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:49 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Marc Eddy Norelia scored 22 points and grabbed nine rebounds to help Florida Gulf Coast to a 71-64 win over South Carolina-Upstate Thursday night.
- Furman cruises to 95-75 win over The Citadel Updated: Feb-11-16 9:46 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Matt Rafferty scored 21 points and hauled in 10 rebounds to propel Furman to a 95-75 win over The Citadel on Thursday night.
- Wofford leads throughout, beats Mercer 79-70 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:19 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Justin Gordon and Fletcher Magee combined for 46 points to lead Wofford to a 79-70 win over Mercer on Thursday night.
- Rubio eyes brokered convention after NH setback Updated: Feb-11-16 2:03 pm
OKATIE, South Carolina - The best hope of the Republican establishment just a week ago, Marco Rubio suddenly faces a path to his party's presidential nomination that could require a brokered national convention.
- Big South Conference to hold baseball tourney in Lexington Updated: Feb-11-16 1:36 pm
LEXINGTON, South Carolina - The Big South Conference baseball tournament is coming to Lexington's new ballpark.
- Davis, Perry named to SC Football Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-11-16 12:40 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Former Clemson linebacker Jeff Davis and ex-Tigers defensive end Michael Dean Perry have been voted to the South Carolina Football of Hall of Fame.
- House approves idea of appointing state schools chief Updated: Feb-11-16 12:25 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The governor could appoint South Carolina's top educator under legislation approved by the House.