- Farmers look at devastating losses as flood rolls downstream Updated: Oct-09-15 4:59 pm
BRANCHVILLE, South Carolina - Thad Wimberly tugs on a clump of peanuts, shaking off the mud as he cracks the soggy shells to inspect his crop. But all he can do is sigh as his livelihood disintegrates between his fingers.
- No. 7 LSU aims to be hospitable to S. Carolina - to a point Updated: Oct-09-15 4:26 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - By now, LSU coach Les Miles knows as well as anyone that football isn't entirely weather proof, even if it can be played in rain or snow.
- The Latest: Repairs to begin soon on I-95 after floods Updated: Oct-09-15 2:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley to headline Southern forum Updated: Oct-09-15 12:25 pm
ATLANTA - Three Democratic presidential candidates are scheduled to attend a Nov. 6 forum in South Carolina.
- No. 6 Clemson ready for normal schedule vs. Georgia Tech Updated: Oct-09-15 10:40 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is grateful to get back to normal.
- Investigation continuing into Upstate SC Updated: Oct-09-15 10:32 am
DUNCAN, South Carolina - Police are investigating the deaths of two people found in a Spartanburg County home but say it's too early to know if the case is a homicide.
- Crash in Horry County claims 2 lives Updated: Oct-09-15 10:15 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Authorities are investigating a crash that killed two women in Horry County.
- Operator error: 65 Beaufort students must retake SAT Updated: Oct-09-15 10:03 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - In what must be a high school student's worst nightmare, 65 students at Beaufort High School will have to retake the SAT because the test was improperly administered.
- Replica of William Hilton ship planned for park Updated: Oct-09-15 8:51 am
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - A new $20 million park will have a replica of the ship sailed by the British captain for whom Hilton Head Island is named.
- Attorneys: City handling of police shooting a national model Updated: Oct-09-15 6:08 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - North Charleston, South Carolina, did not erupt in violence - as other cities in similar circumstances did - after a white police officer fatally shot an unarmed black man.
- Authorities on the lookout for looters in flood zones Updated: Oct-09-15 5:18 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - Authorities are manning more than a dozen checkpoints near the Waccamaw River to let Horry County residents in, while keeping would-be looters out.
- Bethune-Cookman beats South Carolina State 17-14 Updated: Oct-08-15 11:29 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Quentin Williams scored on a 3-yard run with 5:14 remaining to give Bethune-Cookman a 17-14 victory over South Carolina State on Thursday night.
- Injury leads to South Carolina QB switch Updated: Oct-08-15 7:01 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Freshman Lorenzo Nunez's shoulder injury has led to the latest quarterback switch for South Carolina and coach Steve Spurrier.
- North Carolina National Guard to aid South Carolina cleanup Updated: Oct-08-15 5:33 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina National Guard says it is sending more than 500 soldiers and airmen to help South Carolina in efforts to recover from record flooding.
- No football, but free admission at South Carolina events Updated: Oct-08-15 4:35 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina football fans may have lost a home game, but the school's athletic department is offering free admission, reduced concession prices and a way to donate to those affected by last weekend's devastating floods.
- Georgia Tech-Clemson Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 4:30 pm
Georgia Tech (2-3, 0-2 ACC) at No. 6 Clemson (4-0, 1-0), 3:30 p.m. (ABC/ESPN2)
- South Carolina-LSU Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 3:44 pm
South Carolina (2-3, 0-3) at No. 7 LSU (4-0, 2-0 SEC), 3:30 p.m. (ESPN)
- Florida Senate likely to remove battle flag from seal Updated: Oct-08-15 2:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Responding to the outcry against Confederate symbols, the Florida Senate is moving ahead with plans to remove the Confederate battle flag from the chamber's official seal.
- No. 6 Clemson's rising defense aiming to be best once again Updated: Oct-08-15 1:37 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Safety Jayron Kearse had a quick assessment for those doubting No. 6 Clemson's defensive strength.
- Arkansas releases 2016 baseball schedule Updated: Oct-08-15 1:18 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas has released its 2016 baseball schedule that includes 34 home games, including Southeastern Conference weekend series in Fayetteville against Auburn, Missouri, Florida, Texas A&M and Alabama.
- Birmingham taking donations for South Carolina flood victims Updated: Oct-08-15 12:29 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The City of Birmingham is collecting donations to help victims of recent floods in South Carolina.
- Murrells Inlet Sen. Cleary will not seek re-election Updated: Oct-08-15 9:45 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Murrells Inlet Sen. Ray Cleary says he will not seek re-election next year.
- City to update status of potential Walter Scott lawsuit Updated: Oct-08-15 5:27 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The city of North Charleston plans to give an update on a possible lawsuit by the family of an unarmed black man shot dead by a white police officer.
- Port Royal man charged after police shootout Updated: Oct-08-15 5:22 am
PORT ROYAL, South Carolina - A Port Royal man has been charged with three counts of attempted murder after authorities say he opened fire on police officers.
- State senator, Charleston sheriff hold justice forum Updated: Oct-08-15 4:03 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A forum to discuss social justice and the relationship between law enforcement and the public is scheduled for Charleston.