- A.C. Flora tops Darlington 51-42 for 3A Boys title Updated: Mar-08-14 11:09 pm
- No. 12 Kentucky upsets No. 5 South Carolina 68-58 Updated: Mar-08-14 10:23 pm
- Patterson's 30 lifts Pittsburgh to 83-78 win Updated: Mar-08-14 6:59 pm
- Newberry rolls past Lake Marion 77-47 Updated: Mar-08-14 6:41 pm
- South Carolina beats Mississippi State 74-62 Updated: Mar-08-14 6:29 pm
- Democrat kicking off campaign for SC schools chief Updated: Mar-08-14 6:28 pm
- Colon cancer center hosts gala to honor survivors Updated: Mar-08-14 6:28 pm
- Coastal Carolina defeats VMI 66-62 in tourney semi Updated: Mar-08-14 5:53 pm
- Winthrop reaches title game, 80-79 over Asheville Updated: Mar-08-14 4:54 pm
- No. 5 SCarolina women upset by Kentucky, 68-58 Updated: Mar-08-14 4:02 pm
- 53rd Canadian-American Days opens on Grand Strand Updated: Mar-08-14 3:20 pm
- Warrant: Man beat, then dismembered missing woman Updated: Mar-08-14 3:16 pm
- Woman charged after girl dies from dumbbell strike Updated: Mar-08-14 2:41 pm
- Rehired Simpsonville police chief wants back pay Updated: Mar-08-14 2:34 pm
- Man charged in Columbia nightclub shooting Updated: Mar-08-14 2:20 pm
- SC Gov. Haley wants to link food stamps to jobs Updated: Mar-08-14 2:10 pm
- Latta wins Class A girls title over St. Joseph's Updated: Mar-08-14 1:07 pm
- Zais calls for flexibility in high school courses Updated: Mar-08-14 11:12 am
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge Updated: Mar-08-14 10:52 am
- Arm wrestling event supports transgender SC youth Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- D.J. Covington leads VMI over Gardner-Webb 90-77 Updated: Mar-07-14 11:29 pm
- Coastal Carolina tops Charleston So. 73-68, 2OT Updated: Mar-07-14 11:17 pm
- Dutch Fork tops Greenwood 62-55 for girls 4A title Updated: Mar-07-14 8:57 pm
- Wilson returning $200 in donations from 2010 race Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 pm
- Asheville beats Radford 96-87 in Big South tourney Updated: Mar-07-14 5:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - James Murray-Boyles scored 16 points to lead four A.C. Flora players in double figures in a 51-42 overtime victory over Darlington in the Class 3A boys state championship Saturday at the Colonial Life Arena.
DULUTH, Georgia - Kentucky's big edge in SEC tournament semifinals experience won out over South Carolina's regular-season title.
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Lamar Patterson had a career-high 30 points, including a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left, as Pittsburgh overcome a five-point deficit in the final seconds of regulation and beat Clemson 83-78 in overtime Saturday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Raquon Davenport scored 15 points to pace four Newberry players in double figures and Newberry erased the disappointment of two straight losses in the Class 2A boys championship games with a 77-47 dismantling of Lake Marion on Saturday afternoon at the Colonial Life Arena.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - South Carolina's Brenton Williams had seven 3-pointers and a game-high 27 points in a 74-62 road victory over Mississippi State Saturday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Democrat Montrio Belton is officially launching his campaign to be South Carolina's next schools superintendent.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Center for Colon Cancer Research is holding a gala in Columbia to remind people the disease is one of the most preventable and curable forms of cancer when detected early.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Josh Cameron scored 17 points and made critical plays late to lead Coastal Carolina over VMI 66-62 on Saturday and into the Big South conference championship game.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Keon Johnson scored the last five points as fourth-seeded Winthrop continues its giant-killer run through the Big South tournament, knocking off No. 2 seed UNC Asheville 80-79 in a semifinal Saturday. The Eagles ousted top-seeded High Point with a last-second shot Friday.
DULUTH, Georgia - South Carolina picked a bad time for what coach Dawn Staley called the worst showing of the season.
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - The Myrtle Beach area is welcoming the country's Canadian neighbors for an annual celebration.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Arrest warrants say a man beat and killed a 32-year-old Aynor woman before dismembering her and dumping her in a Darlington County river or lake.
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Authorities say a St. Helena Island woman killed a 2-year-old girl she was watching by hitting the child in the head with a dumbbell while she was working out.
SIMPSONVILLE, South Carolina - The police chief reinstated to his job by the Simpsonville City Council wants more than $100,000 in back pay and a seven-year contract.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Richland County deputies have charged a man with murder in a shooting outside a Columbia nightclub.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley will not support an earlier proposal to keep food stamp recipients from buying junk food, instead backing an idea requiring people in three counties to show they are working or looking for a job to get the benefits.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - TaKeria Legette scored 20 points and added 13 rebounds to lead four players in double figures as Latta beat St. Joseph's 65-39 on Saturday in the Class A girls basketball state championship.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina high school students who don't plan to go to college should be able to choose courses that are more practical than algebra II or English literature, the state's superintendent of schools says.
ORLANDO, Florida - A pregnant South Carolina woman pointed to the ocean, locked the doors and rolled up the windows, telling her three children she was "trying to take them to a better place" as she drove her minivan into the surf, authorities said.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - An arm wrestling competition scheduled for the weekend is designed to support transgender youth in South Carolina.
CONWAY, South Carolina - D.J. Covington scored 21 points and Rodney Glasgow added 20 points and five assists as No. 2 seed Virginia Military defeated third-seeded Gardner-Webb 90-77 in a Big South quarterfinal on Friday night.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Josh Cameron scored 20 points as Coastal Carolina, the top seed from the South Division, beat Charleston Southern, 5th-seeded out of the South division, 73-68 in the quarterfinals of the Big South Conference tournament on Friday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Zhane Green scored 21 points and Morgan Williams added 17 to help Dutch Fork withstand a late rally by Greenwood to claim a 62-55 victory in the Class 4A state championship Friday night.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The campaign of South Carolina's top prosecutor is refunding $200 to a lobbyist who donated to his 2010 campaign and correcting campaign filings so that a legal firm didn't appear to give the maximum donation twice, following notification from the State Ethics Commission.