- 3 South Carolina athletes invited to try out for US teams Updated: May-06-15 4:56 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - University of South Carolina women's basketball players Tiffany Mitchell, Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson are heading to U.S. tryout camps to earn spots on national teams competing this summer.
- Public records overhaul bill heard in Senate subcommittee Updated: May-06-15 1:01 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A new office to consider disputes over Freedom of Information Act requests in South Carolina would give people a less expensive way to fight governments when records requests are denied, two newspaper editors said Wednesday.
- Beaufort County deputies investigate apparent homicide Updated: May-06-15 12:25 pm
OKATIE, South Carolina - Authorities in Beaufort County have released the name of a man who was shot in a homicide on the mainland side of Hilton Head Island.
- 3D Systems withdraws full-year forecast Updated: May-06-15 10:34 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - 3D Systems is withdrawing its full-year forecast, citing uncertain market conditions. The maker of 3D printers also said that purchases were lower than expected in its first quarter, given soft customer demand and currency fluctuations.
- 2 more SC governments on record opposed to offshore drilling Updated: May-06-15 7:34 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The City of Columbia and Charleston County have gone on record opposing offshore seismic surveys and drilling for oil and natural gas.
- Judge rules Elgin woman justified in shooting death Updated: May-06-15 6:44 am
CAMDEN, South Carolina - A judge has ruled that an Elgin woman will not face a murder charge in the shooting death of a woman three years ago.
- New hotel, high-rises proposed for downtown Greenville Updated: May-06-15 6:25 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Proposed new developments in Greenville could add a seven-story hotel and several multi-purpose high-rise buildings to the downtown area.
- Blood in car leads to murder charges in missing woman case Updated: May-06-15 6:08 am
SUMMERVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities say they are charging a Hanahan man with murder in the death of a 28-year-old woman after police found blood in his car. Ashley Pegram of Summerville has been missing since April 3 after she went on a date with 30-year-old Edward Bonilla.
- SC law enforcement officers honor colleagues who have died Updated: May-06-15 4:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Law enforcement officers from across South Carolina are gathering to honor their colleagues who died last year.
- Events in nearly 40 SC communities mark Bike to School Day Updated: May-06-15 4:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Almost 40 South Carolina communities are planning events for National Bike to School Day.
- National Hurricane Center director visiting Myrtle Beach Updated: May-06-15 4:04 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - The director of the National Hurricane Center is visiting Myrtle Beach as part this year's national Hurricane Awareness Tour.
- Truck overturns, spilling 47,000 pounds of eggs onto road Updated: May-06-15 3:05 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - The South Carolina Highway Patrol says a truck overturned on Interstate 85, spilling 47,000 pounds of liquefied eggs onto the highway.
- SC House member expects to pay off ethics fines by fall Updated: May-05-15 5:03 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Rep. Harold Mitchell said Tuesday he expects to pay off more than $16,000 in ethics fines by September.
- Gay leaders happy even with anti-discrimination bill failing Updated: May-05-15 2:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Advocates of gay rights say no matter what happens to an anti-discrimination bill that Democrats managed to get to the House floor, this has been a surprisingly quiet legislative session for gay issues.
- Suspended Gamecocks basketball players leave program Updated: May-05-15 1:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Suspended forwards Demetrius Henry and Shamiek Sheppard won't be returning to South Carolina's basketball team next year.
- Burton man dead in shooting in Beaufort County Updated: May-05-15 11:20 am
BURTON, South Carolina - A 40-year-old Burton man is dead and a Bluffton man is charged with murder following a shooting in the Beaufort County community of Burton.
- Deputies investigate after body found in Spartanburg County Updated: May-05-15 9:01 am
LYMAN, South Carolina - Sheriff's deputies in Spartanburg County are investigating after a body was found in the woods near Lyman.
- Construction delayed on new Myrtle Beach hotel tower Updated: May-05-15 8:55 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - There has been a delay in construction on a new oceanfront hotel tower in Myrtle Beach.
- SC agrees to refund $1.6M it owes feds under Medicaid Updated: May-05-15 8:08 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A new report shows that South Carolina has agreed to repay the federal government $1.6 million it overcharged under a special Medicaid program.
- Cops: Student spit and put window cleaner in roommates' food Updated: May-05-15 7:49 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Police say a University of South Carolina student has been arrested after her roommates set up a camera and caught her spitting and putting window cleaner in their food.
- Man shot to death in Camden Updated: May-05-15 7:13 am
CAMDEN, South Carolina - Camden police are investigating the shooting death of a man last weekend.
- Dog rescued after being found impaled, dangling from tree Updated: May-05-15 5:04 am
WADMALAW ISLAND, South Carolina - A dog has been rescued after he was found impaled on a tree limb and dangling 15 feet in the air in a South Carolina marsh.
- 3-year-old boy killed after being ejected from Bobcat loader Updated: May-05-15 4:11 am
GAFFNEY, South Carolina - The Cherokee County Coroner's Office says a 3-year-old boy has died after being thrown from a Bobcat loader driven by a relative.
- Oconee sheriff inviting public to have coffee with cops Updated: May-05-15 4:05 am
FAIR PLAY, South Carolina - The Oconee County Sheriff's Office is inviting members of the public to come out and have some casual conversation with some of its officers.
- DHEC holding hearings statewide on SC Health Plan Updated: May-05-15 4:04 am
FLORENCE, South Carolina - The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control is holding four public hearings this week on the proposed South Carolina Health Plan.