- New $50M expansion of Texas aquarium to open in 2017 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:29 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Crews have begun laying steel and building columns as the $50 million expansion at the Texas State Aquarium takes shape.
- Girlfriend charged with shooting Texas retired judge, 70 Updated: Aug-21-15 12:58 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Investigators say the girlfriend of a 70-year-old retired judge has been charged with shooting him in the head while at his Corpus Christi home.
- Conviction overturned in 2007 Celis case, false officer ID Updated: Aug-21-15 9:38 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - An ex-law firm operator and former prominent Texas Democratic Party donor has won a new trial on a charge of falsely claiming to be a peace officer.
- Leader in Houston stash house case gets nearly 13 years Updated: Aug-21-15 8:19 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A human smuggler linked to a Houston stash house where more than 100 immigrants were rescued must serve nearly 13 years in a U.S. prison.
- Plans progress for seawater desalination plant in Texas Updated: Aug-19-15 10:37 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Texas and a private company have agreed to explore building a seawater desalination plant in the San Patricio-Nueces (nyoo-AY'-sis) County region.
- 2 South Texas men indicted in torture of gay man Updated: Aug-17-15 8:32 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Two South Texas men have been indicted on federal hate-crime charges for the March 2012 torture of a gay African-American man in Corpus Christi.
- Texas inmate executed for killing police officer in chase Updated: Aug-12-15 7:44 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - The latest on the scheduled execution of Texas inmate Daniel Lee Lopez (all times local):
- New fishing pier opens at Lake Corpus Christi State Park Updated: Aug-12-15 8:58 am
MATHIS, Texas - A disabled-accessible fishing pier has opened at Lake Corpus Christi State Park as part of $750,000 in improvements at the site near Mathis.
- Ex-policeman found guilty of shooting Selma police officer Updated: Aug-12-15 8:01 am
SAN ANTONIO - A former police officer has been found guilty in the shooting of a Selma police officer responding to a domestic disturbance call at his San Antonio home.
- Husband shot when wife wakes up, mistakes him for stalker Updated: Aug-10-15 6:58 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A South Texas man is nursing a gunshot wound to the leg after he told police his sleeping wife awakened, took him for a stalker and opened fire.
- Federal court says Texas voter ID violates Voting Rights Act Updated: Aug-05-15 8:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday that Texas' voter ID law has a "discriminatory" effect on minorities in a victory for President Barack Obama, whose administration took the unusual step of bringing the weight of the U.S. Justice Department to fight a wave of new ballot-box restrictions passed in conservative statehouses.