- Official: Algeria kills high-level al-Qaida leader Updated: Dec-05-13 10:40 am
- War crimes apologist from Franco-Algerian war dies Updated: Dec-04-13 12:01 pm
- Algeria opposition wants impartial election group Updated: Nov-26-13 8:01 am
- 12 dead after Algeria World Cup celebrations Updated: Nov-20-13 2:41 pm
- Security tight for World Cup qualifier in Algeria Updated: Nov-18-13 1:45 pm
- Algerian president nominated for 4th term Updated: Nov-16-13 12:28 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian army helicopters killed a high-level al-Qaida operative and four associates as they sped through the southern Algerian desert, a local official said Thursday.
PARIS - French Gen. Paul Aussaresses, whose remorseless admission of executions and torture during the Algerian independence war five decades ago forced France to examine the dark period, has died. He was 95.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian opposition parties, including both secular and Islamist groups, have signed a statement calling for April's presidential elections to be supervised by an independent commission.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Raucous celebrations after Algeria qualified for the 2014 World Cup finals were linked to the deaths of 12 people and some 240 injured, authorities reported Wednesday, as soccer-mad fans poured into the streets and revelers raced their cars and honked.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria is taking heavy security precautions ahead of Tuesday's World Cup qualifying match against Burkina Faso, mindful of the tensions in the country ahead of next year's presidential election.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's ruling National Liberation Front party on Saturday nominated the country's longtime leader, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, as its presidential candidate for an election in April.