- Algeria's ailing president, 77, wins 4th term Updated: Apr-18-14 12:58 pm
- Algerian election faces disaffected populace Updated: Apr-16-14 2:15 pm
- Protesters heckle Algeria president's campaign Updated: Apr-09-14 12:10 pm
- Kerry: Israeli and Palestinian leaders must 'lead' Updated: Apr-03-14 3:28 pm
- Kerry in Algeria for reform, security talks Updated: Apr-02-14 2:54 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - President Abdelaziz Bouteflika won a fourth term in office with a landslide 81 percent of the vote, according to preliminary figures announced Friday by the Algerian government.
ALGIERS, Algeria - The college students playing pick-up soccer along the faded grandeur of Algiers' sweeping waterfront say they won't be voting in Thursday's presidential elections, echoing the sentiments of many young Algerians.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Demonstrators threw stones at the Algerian prime minister's motorcade during an election campaign event Wednesday- the latest incident protesting the president's expected re-election.
RABAT, Morocco - Frustrated by a virtually moribund Israeli-Palestinian peace process, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry exhorted leaders on both sides Thursday to "lead" and to do so now to prevent the negotiations from collapsing.
ALGIERS, Algeria - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Algeria for talks on economic and political reforms and strategic security cooperation, including counterterrorism.