- Grain lower, livestock lower Updated: Jul-06-15 11:08 am
CHICAGO - Grain futures were lower Monday in early trading on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Documents reveal details of Chicago woman's killing in Bali Updated: Jul-06-15 10:41 am
CHICAGO - Indonesian court documents show that a man convicted in the murder of a Chicago woman in Bali arrived on the resort island hours before the killing and checked into a resort using her credit card.
- Lake Decatur dredging project about 10 percent finished Updated: Jul-06-15 10:19 am
DECATUR, Illinois - Officials in Decatur say efforts to dredge Lake Decatur are about 10 percent done and moving into a new area.
- City celebrates 3 Chicago players on US World Cup team Updated: Jul-06-15 10:00 am
CHICAGO - Three Chicago Red Stars players are on the U.S. women's soccer team that won the World Cup and the city is celebrating.
- Chicago man accused of burning 4 with caustic substance Updated: Jul-06-15 9:11 am
CHICAGO - A 61-year-old Chicago man faces felony aggravated battery charges and is accused of throwing a caustic substance on two adults and two children during an argument.
- Man critically hurt in fall at Grateful Dead show in Chicago Updated: Jul-06-15 8:45 am
CHICAGO - Police say a man was critically hurt in a fall at a Grateful Dead concert at Chicago's Soldier Field.
- Last Grateful Dead show breaks Chicago stadium ticket record Updated: Jul-06-15 7:38 am
CHICAGO - A performance that the Grateful Dead says was their last together has topped records for ticket sales at Chicago's Soldier Field set by the band earlier in the weekend.
- EXCHANGE: Mail carrier honored for helping rescue couple Updated: Jul-06-15 5:03 am
SWANSEA, Illinois - Mail carrier Don Fix noticed something was amiss at the Nelsons' home last fall.
- Cleanup of coal ash in Belleville to begin soon Updated: Jul-06-15 4:09 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A $35 million cleanup job to remove hazardous coal ash from a downtown Belleville site will soon begin after a brief delay.
- Famous Chicago hot dogs making comeback at Wrigley Updated: Jul-06-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - One of Chicago's favorite hot dog stands may be closed, but its hot dogs are making a comeback at Wrigley Field.
- Marlins offense quiet in 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-05-15 7:45 pm
CHICAGO - The frustration is mounting for the Miami Marlins.
- White Sox make 4 errors, 4-game winning streak ended by O's Updated: Jul-05-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox want to pile up big numbers on offense. Not on defense.
- Boy, 7, killed during violent July 4 celebrations in Chicago Updated: Jul-05-15 7:08 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities say a 7-year-old boy who was celebrating the Fourth of July with his family was among three people who were shot and killed overnight in Chicago.
- Coghlan, Hendricks lead Cubs to 2-0 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-05-15 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Joe Maddon is not concerned about the Cubs' lack of offense - as long as they're still winning.
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox Updated: Jul-05-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - Back in the majors, Jonathan Schoop quickly made an impact.
- Blue Jays beat Verlander, Tigers 10-5 to stop 3-game skid Updated: Jul-05-15 6:39 pm
DETROIT - Turns out the Toronto Blue Jays got a break by facing Justin Verlander.
- Verlander drops to 0-4 as Blue Jays beat Tigers 10-5 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
- Inmate who escaped from Iowa prison caught in Illinois Updated: Jul-05-15 6:10 pm
FORT MADISON, Iowa - A 25-year-old inmate who escaped from the Iowa State Penitentiary Sunday morning was recaptured several hours later in Illinois.
- Bison thrive on the Illinois prairie; 14 calves born Updated: Jul-05-15 2:50 pm
CHICAGO - Love is in the air for bison on an Illinois prairie.
- Marlins activate Morse from 15-day DL Updated: Jul-05-15 2:35 pm
- Cubs activate Soler from 15-day DL, send Szczur to Triple-A Updated: Jul-05-15 1:53 pm
- Quincy man charged in shooting that killed 1, wounded 1 Updated: Jul-05-15 11:50 am
QUINCY, Illinois - Quincy police have arrested an 18-year-old man following a shooting that left one man dead and another critically injured.
- Closer Look: Despite budget deadlock, there are ways out Updated: Jul-05-15 11:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - What Illinois needs is for one of its political leaders to blink.
- Illinois man's fundraising walk for memorial coming to close Updated: Jul-05-15 4:17 am
PRINCEVILLE, Illinois - A central Illinois community is planning a warm welcome home for an 84-year-old man who set out to walk across the state to help raise money for a memorial park dedicated to his wife.
- SIU deals with 2 vacancies among 3 top spots Updated: Jul-05-15 4:13 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - The Southern Illinois University system could have two of its top three posts vacant when school starts this summer.