- Investigator wants tougher legislative ethics laws Updated: Apr-18-14 3:11 pm
- Ill. prisons to use costly drug for hepatitis C Updated: Apr-18-14 3:02 pm
- University: Ill. pension reform had costly mistake Updated: Apr-18-14 2:49 pm
- Illinois' mining-oversight official fired Updated: Apr-18-14 2:41 pm
- GOP lawmaker objects to 9-0 vote for Obama library Updated: Apr-18-14 2:23 pm
- Spike in mumps cases reported across Illinois Updated: Apr-18-14 1:28 pm
- Clock ticking for states to adopt health exchanges Updated: Apr-18-14 1:16 pm
- Former gov't informant charged with wire fraud Updated: Apr-18-14 1:01 pm
- Teenager dies after being pulled from Ill. pond Updated: Apr-18-14 11:34 am
- Simpson signs with DePaul Updated: Apr-18-14 11:09 am
- Blagojevich campaign account donates final dollars Updated: Apr-18-14 10:46 am
- Man sentenced to 6 years for toddler's death Updated: Apr-18-14 8:50 am
- Standout juco guard in ND to play for Illinois St Updated: Apr-18-14 8:45 am
- Boy, 12, shot on Chicago's South Side Updated: Apr-18-14 7:17 am
- Illinois medical marijuana: $100 for patient card Updated: Apr-18-14 7:01 am
- SIU to keep fall tuition for newcomers unchanged Updated: Apr-18-14 6:28 am
- 2 killed in Quincy fire identified as man, son Updated: Apr-18-14 6:28 am
- EXCHANGE: Puppy learns to be guide dog Updated: Apr-18-14 6:16 am
- Another trial delay for man in wife's death Updated: Apr-18-14 5:34 am
- Illinois GOP leaders to urge immigration reform Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Chicago transit work could demolish 16 buildings Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Chicago plans playground improvements at parks Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- State to spend $10 million on Cook County projects Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Hawks' Wirtz creates Northwestern endowment fund Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Film Office looks for short films for contest Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Job recommendations and university application referrals from Illinois lawmakers should be tracked and publicized after clout-related scandals at the University of Illinois and the Metra transit agency, the General Assembly's top ethics officer said Friday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois prison officials will be using an effective, but costly, new drug to treat inmates with hepatitis C. But they aren't sure of the total cost.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois officials have worried for months that state pension reforms will push employees to retire early. But they say language inadvertently placed in pension law may provide even stronger incentive.
ST. LOUIS - A top administrator with the Illinois state agency that regulates coal mining and other energy interests has been fired, becoming the latest official to depart in the last two months.
CHICAGO - At least one Republican lawmaker says he's filing a protest after an Illinois House committee recorded a 9-0 vote to commit $100 million to bring President Barack Obama's library to Chicago, even though only five Democrats - and none of the committee's four GOP members - were there.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Public health officials are investigating a sharp increase in the number of mumps cases recorded in central Illinois.
CHICAGO - For the more than 30 states that defaulted to the federal government under President Barack Obama's health care law, time may be running out to decide whether to create their own state-run insurance exchanges.
CHICAGO - A Chicago real estate developer who was a key government witness in corruption cases is facing federal charges after authorities say he stole $370,000 from a Chicago suburb.
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - Suburban Chicago authorities say a teenager has died after he was pulled from a McHenry County pond.
CHICAGO - Former Chicago high school star Aaron Simpson has signed a letter of intent to play at DePaul next season.
THIRD LAKE, Illinois - A federal campaign account for imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is now empty, two years into the Chicago Democrat's prison term.
DECATUR, Illinois - A 24-year-old man was sentenced to six years in prison for the death of a 19-month-old Decatur boy who was killed in a hit-and-run crash last summer.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Former Bismarck State College standout basketball guard Justin McCloud has signed a letter of intent to play for NCAA Division I Illinois State.
CHICAGO - A 12-year-old Chicago boy is recovering after he was shot in the leg.
CHICAGO - Illinois regulators crafting the first rules for the state's new medical marijuana industry have lowered patient fees and deleted a section that angered gun owners.
CARBONDALE, Illinois - New students at Southern Illinois University won't be paying more for tuition this fall.
QUINCY, Illinois - Authorities have identified the two people who died in a Quincy house fire as a 25-year-old man and his infant son.
GRAYSLAKE, Illinois - At just 5 months old, Bailey is getting an education at Grayslake Central High School.
PEORIA, Illinois - A trial for a Peoria man accused of killing his wife on Valentine's Day 2013 has been delayed again.
CHICAGO - Candidate for governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) and other top Illinois Republicans will join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition at a gathering next week to urge Congress to adopt immigration reform.
CHICAGO - Transit officials have announced plans to untangle one of Chicago's worst commuter train choke points, and it may involve the destruction of 16 buildings.
CHICAGO - Chicago officials held groundbreaking ceremonies for new playgrounds at three city parks, kicking off a project to refurbish or build 103 playgrounds around the city this year.
CHICAGO - The state of Illinois is investing more than $10 million for construction projects in Cook County.
CHICAGO - Chicago Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz and his wife Marilyn are creating an endowment fund for Northwestern University's theater program.
CHICAGO - The Illinois Film Office is looking for entries for this year's Shortcuts contest for makers of short films.