- Burger King manager: Police erased video of Chicago shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 1:55 pm
CHICAGO - A Burger King manager who accuses Chicago police of erasing surveillance video in the case of a black teenager shot last year by a white officer says he has testified before a federal grand jury investigating the shooting.
- Cubit agrees to 2-year deal to be Illinois' coach Updated: Nov-28-15 1:28 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Bill Cubit has agreed to be the coach at Illinois for the next two years.
- Nazareth Academy wins Class 5A championship Updated: Nov-28-15 1:28 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Ivory Kelly-Martin's four touchdown runs led Nazareth Academy to a 42-21 victory over Lincoln-Way West for the Class 5A championship on Saturday.
- 3 teens killed in northern Illinois crash Updated: Nov-28-15 12:25 pm
MCHENRY, Illinois - Three 18-year-olds have died in a car crash in northern Illinois.
- Springfield micro-lending fund gives $120K in 1st 2 months Updated: Nov-28-15 11:24 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The city of Springfield's new micro-lending program has given out a total of $120,000 in loans to small business owners and entrepreneurs in its first two months.
- Project searches for pre-1860 farmhouses in Sangamon County Updated: Nov-28-15 11:18 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Officials in Sangamon County are looking to identify farmhouses built before the Civil War that are on operating farms.
- Illinois community college plans to boost foreign recruiting Updated: Nov-28-15 4:11 am
NORMAL, Illinois - A central Illinois community college plans to increase its recruitment of higher-paying international students.
- Historic re-enactors gather at former French fort Updated: Nov-28-15 4:01 am
PRAIRIE DU ROCHER, Illinois - A group of historic re-enactors is setting up camp at a former French fort in southern Illinois as a tribute to an 18th century voyage from southeast Missouri to New Orleans.
- Nunn scores 18 as Illinois defeats UAB, 72-58 Updated: Nov-28-15 12:50 am
NICEVILLE, Florida - Illinois coach John Groce was short-handed for the first five games as many of his key players were out with injuries.
- McKay scores 23 to lead No. 4 Iowa State past Virginia Tech Updated: Nov-27-15 11:58 pm
NICEVILLE, Florida - Jameel McKay had one of his best games at Iowa State in front of his former coach.
- Phillips wins Chicago Public League's 1st state title 51-7 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:16 pm
DE KALB, Illinois - It took 42 years, but the Chicago Public League finally has a football state champion.
- Phillips wins Chicago Public School's first state title Updated: Nov-27-15 10:30 pm
DE KALB, Illinois - Quarterback Quayvon Skanes scored four rushing touchdowns and passed for another as Wendell Phillips Academy became the first Chicago Public League school to win a state football championship with a 51-7 victory over Althoff Catholic of Belleville.
- Bishop McNamara beats Unity for Class 3A title Updated: Nov-27-15 9:22 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Bishop McNamara coach Rich Zananni said he wasn't sure he and his Fightin' Irish would get back to an Indiana state football championship game after losing to Darnall in 1978.
- The Latest: 3 arrested in Chicago Black Friday protests Updated: Nov-27-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Vint scores 18 as UTEP shuts down S. Illinois late, 71-66 Updated: Nov-27-15 8:04 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Hooper Vint scored 18 points, including a key late free throw, as UTEP defeated Southern Illinois 71-66 in a meeting of undefeated teams Friday at the Corpus Christi Coastal Challenge.
- Foul play not suspected in death of southern Illinois woman Updated: Nov-27-15 6:38 pm
MARION, Illinois - Authorities in southern Illinois say foul play is not suspected in the death of a 22-year-old Murphysboro woman whose body was found by hunters in a national wildlife refuge.
- Police: Gang members targeted 9-year-old boy shot in alley Updated: Nov-27-15 6:23 pm
CHICAGO - A Chicago man was charged with first-degree murder Friday in connection with the slaying of a 9-year-old boy who police say was lured from a playground and shot in the head because of his father's gang ties.
- Tri-Valley defeats Auburn 41-8 for Class 2A title Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Quarterback Peyton Roop ran for two touchdowns Friday, in leading unbeaten Tri-Valley to a 41-8 victory over Auburn for the school's first Illinois Class 2A championship.
- Illinois State pulls away from Quincy in 73-63 win Updated: Nov-27-15 6:01 pm
NORMAL, Illinois - DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell scored 18 points, Paris Lee added 14 more and Illinois State pulled away late in the second half for a 73-63 win over Quincy on Friday.
- The Latest: Prosecutors: Man eyed targets after brother shot Updated: Nov-27-15 5:03 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the arrest of a suspect in the killing of a 9-year-old Chicago boy who police say was lured into an alley and shot in the head as part of an ongoing gang fight (all times local):
- How Black Friday played out around the country Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- Lawyers for Schock say documents handed over to prosecutors Updated: Nov-27-15 4:03 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Attorneys for former Illinois congressman Aaron Schock say they have reached an agreement with federal prosecutors on documents currently under review by a federal judge.
- Arcola beats Stark County 35-17 for Illinois Class 1A title Updated: Nov-27-15 2:56 pm
DE KALB, Illinois - Arcola senior Clayton Strader said it took him longer than expected to figure out Stark County's defense in the Illinois Class 1A championship game.
- EXCHANGE: Highland art teachers exhibit works on campus Updated: Nov-27-15 12:54 pm
FREEPORT, Illinois - Visual arts students at Highland Community College have a chance to judge their teachers' work for the next month.
- Local free community college plans may be template for US Updated: Nov-27-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - An economic engine. A jumpstart for lower-income students. A partnership with businesses to groom a workforce. The idea of free community college has been touted as all these, by President Barack Obama, Democratic presidential candidates, and some Republicans.