- Mitchell, Yankees lose 8-2 to White Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 12:18 am
CHICAGO - Bryan Mitchell's first start of the season was a rough one.
- Rapper arrested after encouraging fans to jump barricades Updated: Aug-02-15 12:16 am
CHICAGO - Chicago officials say rapper Travis Scott is facing disorderly conduct charges after encouraging fans to jump over security barricades during his performance at Lollapalooza.
- Cabrera, Ramirez homer as White Sox beat Yankees 8-2 Updated: Aug-02-15 12:00 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox offense is coming around.
- Rizzo takes Garza fastball deep, Cubs beat Brewers 4-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Even when Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Matt Garza pitches a good game this season, he has one pitch that lets him down.
- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 9:20 pm
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- McPhee sees Bears striking fear in opponents Updated: Aug-01-15 7:11 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - Linebacker Pernell McPhee envisions a day when the Chicago Bears strike fear in opposing offenses, and he sees it happening sooner rather than later.
- White Sox put Shuck on DL, recall Carroll from Triple-A Updated: Aug-01-15 6:11 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox placed outfielder J.B. Shuck on the 15-day disabled list Saturday for a strained left hamstring and recalled right-handed pitcher Scott Carroll from Triple-A Charlotte.
- Chicago man charged with stealing suitcase containing wigs Updated: Aug-01-15 4:28 pm
CHICAGO - A Chicago man has been charged with stealing a suitcase containing more than $90,000 worth of human hair wigs for cancer patients from a baggage-claim carousel at O'Hare International Airport..
- Rockford man convicted of murder in road-rage killing Updated: Aug-01-15 4:17 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A Rockford jury has found a local man guilty of first-degree murder in the 2011 death of a motorist who was gunned down in what authorities called a case of road rage.
- Work begins on University of Illinois solar farm Updated: Aug-01-15 4:04 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A long-awaited solar farm is under construction at the University of Illinois and a campus official says it should be producing power by Christmas.
- Work on Illinois State Fair venues ramps up before opening Updated: Aug-01-15 3:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Paving, planting and other work is happening at the Illinois fairgrounds to get ready for this month's State Fair, which starts in less than two weeks.
- Chicago preliminary budget estimate shows huge shortfall Updated: Aug-01-15 1:35 pm
CHICAGO - A preliminary budget released by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel shows a gaping budget shortfall for 2016 that could grow to $754 million and beyond - a total that is so high that the mayor might be forced to raise property taxes.
- Illinois lawmakers evade pressure to buckle on budget Updated: Aug-01-15 1:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois has entered its second month without a state budget, and there's no indication that summer's dog days will present any new opportunities for a breakthrough in the squabbling between Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner and the Democrats who control the General Assembly.
- Hastert closes PAC, moves $10,000 to defense fund Updated: Aug-01-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - Federal election records indicate that former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert has closed his political action committee and moved $10,000 of the money to his legal defense fund.
- Search continues for Illinois woman in Lake Michigan Updated: Aug-01-15 11:43 am
PORTER, Indiana - Indiana Conservation Officers and the Coast Guard are searching for a 20-year-old Illinois woman on Lake Michigan after rescuing two other women she was swimming with.
- Rockford hotel plan pins hopes on Chinese investors Updated: Aug-01-15 11:35 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A developer planning turn a former factory in downtown Rockford into a hotel is trying to attract Chinese investors looking to get U.S. green cards to help cover the costs.
- Some Midwest farmers' crops falter in record rains Updated: Aug-01-15 11:02 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Weeks of record rainfalls drenched Don Lamb's cornfields this summer, drowning some plants and leaving others yellowed, 2 feet tall and capable of producing little, if any, grain.
- Body found in Mississippi believed to be bridge jumper Updated: Aug-01-15 10:32 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - St. Clair County Coroner Rick Stone says a body recovered from the Mississippi River near St. Louis is believed to be one of two people who jumped from a bridge.
- St. Clair County sheriff passes on US House bid Updated: Aug-01-15 4:05 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois sheriff recruited by the national Democratic Party to challenge a first-term Republican congressman has declined the offer.
- Keller makes music in Naperville for 50 years Updated: Aug-01-15 4:05 am
NAPERVILLE, Illinois - Illinois band leader Ron Keller says when it was time for him to choose a career, "music came at me from all four sides of my family."
- Brewers trade veterans, begin build for future Updated: Aug-01-15 2:15 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers didn't turn the page on the 2015 season. They slammed the book shut.
- La Lob returns as White Sox lose to Yankees 13-6 Updated: Aug-01-15 1:51 am
CHICAGO - La Lob is back.
- Parker leads LA Sparks to 88-77 win over Chicago Sky Updated: Jul-31-15 11:20 pm
- Northwestern QB competition guaranteed to make friends Updated: Jul-31-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald is looking for a starting quarterback, not "Mr. Congeniality."
- Contract question lingers for Bears' Forte Updated: Jul-31-15 7:24 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - As much as he wanted a new contract from the Chicago Bears, Matt Forte would like to put all that talk behind him.