- Doctors Without Borders: 19 dead in Afghan clinic airstrike Updated: Oct-03-15 3:56 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Confusion reigned in the wake of the deadly bombing Saturday of a hospital compound in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz run by the international medical charity Doctors Without Borders, which killed at least 19 people and wounded dozens more. It remains unclear exactly who bombed the hospital and the charity has demanded an investigation into the incident.
- The Latest: Moon condemns deadly Kunduz hospital bombing Updated: Oct-03-15 3:48 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments from Afghanistan, where the international charity Doctors Without Borders says that at least 19 people were killed when its clinic came under "sustained bombing" as government and international forces continue to battle Taliban fighters in the northern city of Kunduz (all times local):
- 6 US airmen among at least 11 dead in Afghan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 1:04 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - A U.S. Air Force C-130J military transport plane crashed overnight at an air base in eastern Afghanistan, killing six American airmen and five civilians on the aircraft, the U.S. military said Friday.
- The Latest: Afghan president says Kunduz fully recaptured Updated: Oct-01-15 11:53 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments as the Afghan government announced it has retaken control of the northern city of Kunduz, which was captured by the Taliban earlier this week (all times local).
- Kabul rejects claim that Afghanistan behind Peshawar attack Updated: Sep-19-15 3:23 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan government on Saturday rejected Pakistan's claim that a militant attack on a military base near Peshawar was planned and controlled from Afghanistan.
- Islamic State group loyalists eye a presence in Afghanistan Updated: Sep-08-15 12:28 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Homegrown militants loyal to the Islamic State group are making inroads into Afghanistan, controlling territory in some parts of the country and ruling with the harsh hand the group is notorious for in Iraq and Syria, according to officials, military leaders and analysts.
- Afghan artist paints Kabul's walls of war to help heal city Updated: Sep-04-15 3:23 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - A city at war, the Afghan capital is among the ugliest in the world.