- Afghan Taliban confirm Mullah Omar's death, choose successor Updated: Jul-30-15 11:29 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan's Taliban on Thursday confirmed the death of Mullah Mohammad Omar, who led the group's self-styled Islamic emirate in the 1990s, sheltered al-Qaida through the 9/11 attacks and led a 14-year insurgency against U.S. and NATO troops.
- Taliban leader Mullah Omar, reclusive in life and death Updated: Jul-29-15 6:19 pm
- Afghanistan says Taliban leader Mullah Omar died 2 years ago Updated: Jul-29-15 6:13 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan asserted Wednesday that the Taliban's reclusive leader, Mullah Mohammad Omar, died more than two years ago in a Pakistani hospital - an announcement that injects new uncertainty into the country's fragile peace process.
- Pakistan to host second round of Kabul-Taliban talks Updated: Jul-28-15 11:04 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is finalizing preparations to host the second round of landmark peace talks between Afghan government officials and the Taliban later this week, two Pakistani officials said Tuesday.
- Afghan president thanks Pakistan for hosting Taliban talks Updated: Jul-10-15 11:06 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan president has thanked Pakistan's prime minister for hosting the first official face-to-face talks between the Kabul government and the Taliban.
- GAO: Kabul US embassy construction faces cost overruns Updated: Jul-09-15 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Construction at the U.S. embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, has been plagued by delays and cost overruns that may have affected security, the Government Accountability Office said Thursday.
- AP Interview: Iran ambassador: Nuke deal could benefit Kabul Updated: Jul-06-15 11:07 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - As Iran and global powers move toward a nuclear agreement, Tehran's ambassador to Afghanistan said a deal easing crippling economic sanctions would also benefit security and development in his country's war-torn neighbor.
- Afghan court cancels death sentences in mob killing of woman Updated: Jul-02-15 7:26 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan court has overturned the death sentences for four men convicted of taking part in the mob killing of a woman outside a Kabul shrine, a judge said Thursday.
- The Latest: Attack on NATO convoy in Afghanistan kills 2 Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest news on a suicide attack in the Afghan capital targeting a NATO convoy on the Kabul airport road, near the U.S. Embassy.