- Some in military suspended for deadly Afghan hospital attack Updated: Nov-25-15 11:13 am
WASHINGTON - American soldiers and airmen who killed and wounded dozens of civilians in a strike on an Afghanistan hospital violated the rules of engagement and have been suspended as they await disciplinary action, U.S. military officials said Wednesday.
- 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits NE Afghanistan Updated: Nov-22-15 4:09 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. Geological Survey is reporting that a magnitude 5.9 earthquake has hit northeastern Afghanistan near the border with Pakistan and Tajikistan. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
- Survivors of Afghan hospital attack tell of terror Updated: Nov-21-15 1:49 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - It was like the end of the world, Anayatullah Nazari said. "It was like they were determined to kill us all and that nobody would survive. It was like doomsday, nothing I could ever imagine."
- Afghan official: Drone crashes in mountains near capital Updated: Nov-04-15 9:36 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan official says that an American drone has crashed the in mountains south of the capital, Kabul.
- Afghans swell migrant tide as they flee war, unemployment Updated: Nov-04-15 1:11 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - As a recent high school graduate from a middle-class Kabul family, Mohammed Fahim Aazar has the means to go to college and pursue a profession in Afghanistan, but instead he's acquired a $5,600 visa and a plane ticket to Turkey, where he will embark on the migrant trail to Europe.
- Afghanistan to accept its citizens deported from Germany Updated: Nov-02-15 6:17 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan will take back all its citizens to be deported from Germany as the European country struggles to accommodate hundreds of thousands of refugees and other migrants who have arrived there this year, a Kabul official said.
- Germany: Afghan influx unacceptable, many will have to leave Updated: Oct-28-15 8:09 am
BERLIN - Germany's top security official complained Wednesday of an "unacceptable" influx of Afghans from relatively safe areas of their country, and warned that many of them will have to return home.
- Funeral for major killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash Updated: Oct-26-15 4:17 pm
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - An Air Force major killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan is being remembered as a patriot and a loving mother.
- The Latest: UN mobilizing to aid quake victims Updated: Oct-26-15 3:35 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest on a powerful earthquake in Afghanistan felt across South Asia (all times local).