- Frustration in Afghan women's rights struggle Updated: Mar-08-14 5:48 am
- APNewsBreak: Aid group: Afghan medical needs unmet Updated: Feb-24-14 6:44 pm
- Taliban says it suspends talks on held US soldier Updated: Feb-23-14 11:56 am
- Taliban condemn violence in C. African Republic Updated: Feb-22-14 3:16 pm
- Afghan capital sees 1st polio case since 2001 Updated: Feb-11-14 3:50 pm
- Afghan Taliban say they captured NATO military dog Updated: Feb-07-14 7:34 am
- Former warlord launches campaign to succeed Karzai Updated: Feb-06-14 4:29 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - In 2009, the United States gave Wazhma Frogh the International Woman of Courage award for her women's rights activism in Afghanistan. Prominently displayed in Frogh's office is a picture of then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton granting her the award as First Lady Michelle Obama smiles, clapping by her side.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Gaping holes in Afghanistan's health care system are being obscured by misleading narratives of success ahead of the international troop withdrawal in 2014, aid organization Medecins Sans Frontieres warns in a new report published Tuesday.
ISLAMABAD - Afghanistan's Taliban said Sunday they had suspended "mediation" with the United States to exchange captive Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five senior Taliban prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay, halting - at least temporarily - what was considered the best chance yet of securing the 27-year-old soldier's freedom since his capture in 2009.
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan Taliban on Saturday called for an end to violence against Muslims in the Central African Republic, making a rare statement on conflicts outside their region that was soon echoed by al-Qaida's North Africa branch.
KABUL, Afghanistan - A young girl from Kabul has been diagnosed with polio, the first case linked to Afghanistan's capital since the fall of the Taliban in 2001, according to officials.
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Taliban said Friday that they have captured a military dog belonging to NATO forces in Afghanistan, releasing a video of the canine wearing a high-tech harness.