- Highway Patrol seeks person responsible for loose lug nuts Updated: May-01-15 5:06 am
SALINA, Kansas - The Kansas Highway Patrol is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who removed and loosened lug nuts on patrol cars at its Training Academy in Salina.
- Kansas man pleads no contest to first-degree murder charge Updated: Apr-28-15 5:46 pm
MCPHERSON, Kansas - A 31-year-old central Kansas man has pleaded no contest to a first-degree murder charge in connection with the November death of a former Oregon resident.
- Trial set for Kansas girl accused of killing sister Updated: Apr-28-15 8:16 am
SALINA, Kansas - A 15-year-old Kansas girl will go on trial in September for first-degree murder in the stabbing death of her sister.
- Abilene racing greyhound sells at auction for record $85K Updated: Apr-27-15 11:02 am
ABILENE, Kansas - A racing greyhound from a farm south of Abilene has made a name for himself in the National Greyhound Association's auction record book.
- Former Kansas Gov. Carlin launches website to share opinions Updated: Apr-26-15 4:34 pm
SALINA, Kansas - Former two-term Kansas Gov. John Carlin has started a website and blog to share his thoughts about state government.
- Kansas Wesleyan 2015 graduates will be accredited Updated: Apr-24-15 12:22 pm
SALINA, Kansas - Students graduating from Kansas Wesleyan's nursing program on May 9 will have degrees with national accreditation, even though the school voluntarily withdrew from its accrediting organization in March, university officials said.
- Judge rules man was competent during 2011 murder trial Updated: Apr-22-15 11:19 am
SALINA, Kansas - A judge has ruled that a Salina man was mentally competent when he stood trial for murder in 2011.
- 4 arrested after highway chase near Salina Updated: Apr-22-15 5:19 am
SALINA, Kansas - The Kansas Highway Patrol says four men have been arrested following a highway chase that ended near Salina when their vehicle's tires were flattened.
- 'Innocence' lost: Herington recalls OKC bombing, Nichols Updated: Apr-19-15 3:52 pm
HERINGTON, Kansas - In an instant, the explosion rocked a city, killed 168, injured 680 and grabbed the attention of people around the world.
- Police: Man posed as undercover officer, tried to sell guns Updated: Apr-17-15 5:20 pm
SALINA, Kansas - A 24-year-old central Kansas man is accused of claiming to be an undercover police officer and trying to sell guns out of the trunk of his car.
- Sister to be tried as adult in Saline County girl's death Updated: Apr-14-15 1:40 pm
SALINA, Kansas - A judge has ruled that a 15-year-old girl will be tried as an adult in the fatal stabbing of her 13-year-old sister.
- Man found guilty in Salina stabbing death Updated: Apr-10-15 7:40 am
SALINA, Kansas - A Kansas man has been found guilty of voluntary manslaughter in the stabbing death of another man at a Salina bar.
- Sunflower Bank donates $1 million to Kansas Wesleyan Updated: Apr-09-15 12:12 pm
SALINA, Kansas - Kansas Wesleyan University says it will use a $1 million donation from Sunflower Bank for a much-needed upgrade to its voice and data network.
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere Updated: Apr-09-15 3:13 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Fewer Kansas veterans are experiencing long waits for care at VA hospitals and clinics than their counterparts in many other states, but dozens waited more than 90 days for care and delays actually jumped in the first two months of this year.
- Russell County opens 1902 time capsule Updated: Apr-07-15 11:55 am
RUSSELL, Kansas - The opening of a 113-year-old time capsule discovered in the cornerstone of the Russell County Courthouse was a little anti-climactic.