- High school student balances schoolwork, sports, being teen Updated: Aug-01-15 11:46 am
FRANKLIN, Kentucky - Fifteen-year-old junior Maddie Alexander plays four sports for Franklin-Simpson High School: soccer, cross country, basketball and track.
- Former breath test operator suspended, DUI cases in jeopardy Updated: Aug-01-15 11:37 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - More than 200 drunken-driving cases could be in jeopardy after officials said a former breath test operator for Louisville's corrections department was suspended after allegations that she lied on a report and in testimony under oath.
- Historical maker about slavery broken in Lexington Updated: Aug-01-15 11:11 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Police are investigating the breaking of a historical marker about slavery in Lexington.
- For Bevin and McConnell, a different Fancy Farm Updated: Aug-01-15 3:10 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Matt Bevin returns to Fancy Farm this year, and this time Mitch McConnell might actually stay to hear his speech.
- Newborn girl found alive in dumpster in Kentucky; 1 charged Updated: Jul-31-15 7:40 pm
A newborn baby girl who was found alive in a dumpster in western Kentucky remained in a hospital Friday, and a teenager was charged with attempted murder, a law enforcement officer said.
- Kentucky faces North Carolina in alumni charity game at Rupp Updated: Jul-31-15 6:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky pro players will face a similar squad of North Carolina stars on Sept. 13 at Rupp Arena in an alumni game benefiting charity.
- Louisville coach Walz, Cardinals' Moore win 2nd USA gold Updated: Jul-31-15 5:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Jeff Walz and Cardinals standout Mariya Moore have their eyes set on an NCAA championship after teaming up to lead Team USA to a second consecutive international championship.
- Fancy Farm looks to sports talk radio host as its 2015 emcee Updated: Jul-31-15 1:55 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - If the goal of last year's Fancy Farm picnic was to tone down the crowd, this year's version promises to turn up the volume.
- Social worker who tried to help girl gets 3-day suspension Updated: Jul-31-15 1:19 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky social worker has received a 3-day suspension, after being told she could have been fired for checking up on a 7-year-old girl whose case had been closed by another worker.
- 125-year-old tradition ending with last camp meeting Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
WILMORE, Kentucky - An annual summer revival that began in 1890 takes place for the last time on Saturday.
- FBI enlisting public help to uncover corruption in Kentucky Updated: Jul-31-15 11:46 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The FBI wants to recruit Kentuckians to help uncover public corruption in a state long hampered by scandals.
- Owensboro distillery getting new name, makeover Updated: Jul-31-15 5:28 am
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - For the first time in more than two decades, bourbon will again be made in Owensboro.
- Groundbreaking held for Pikeville brewery-distillery Updated: Jul-31-15 4:05 am
PIKEVILLE, Kentucky - Ground has been broken for a combined brewery and distillery in downtown Pikeville in eastern Kentucky.
- Expansion adding jobs at meat packaging company in Kentucky Updated: Jul-31-15 4:04 am
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - A meat packaging company in business for more than 100 years in western Kentucky is celebrating an expansion that will add dozens of jobs.
- Kentucky Lottery reports record sales for fiscal year Updated: Jul-31-15 3:35 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Kentucky Lottery says despite falling sales for multistate games, it produced record sales in fiscal year 2015.
- Man steals SUV with baby in it, leads police on long chase Updated: Jul-30-15 5:08 pm
GEORGETOWN, Kentucky - A Kentucky State Police trooper feared the worst as he climbed into the crashed SUV, stolen 48 miles away, and saw the car seat flipped over in the back.
- Tempur Sealy beats Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 5:08 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Tempur Sealy International Inc. (TPX) on Thursday reported second-quarter net income of $21.2 million, after reporting a loss in the same period a year earlier.
- Indictment against ex-coach dismissed in eastern Kentucky Updated: Jul-30-15 4:04 pm
HARLAN, Kentucky - An eastern Kentucky judge has dismissed an indictment that was brought last fall against a former Harlan County High School basketball coach.
- Opening arguments personal in Kentucky Attorney General race Updated: Jul-30-15 3:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Opening arguments in the campaign for Kentucky attorney general are laden with personal attacks, as Democrat Andy Beshear and Republican Whitney Westerfield seek to weaken each other before the November election.
- Most claims dismissed in case against disability lawyer Updated: Jul-30-15 12:49 pm
COVINGTON, Kentucky - A federal judge has dismissed most, but not all, claims in a lawsuit that accuses eastern Kentucky disability lawyer Eric Conn of colluding with a judge to rig Social Security cases.
- Woman's body recovered after flood causes sinkhole Updated: Jul-30-15 5:53 am
CADIZ, Kentucky - Rescue personnel in western Kentucky have recovered the body of a woman whose vehicle fell into a sinkhole Tuesday night that was caused by heavy rainfall.
- Online tour allows visitors to see Murray State from home Updated: Jul-30-15 4:07 am
MURRAY, Kentucky - Prospective Murray State students, parents and alumni who want to take a look at campus are now able to do so without leaving home.
- Revolutionary War re-enactment planned at Ky. state park Updated: Jul-30-15 4:06 am
MOUNT OLIVET, Kentucky - Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park is hosting an annual re-enactment of a Revolutionary War battle next month.
- Food stamps being used at more farmers' markets Updated: Jul-30-15 3:35 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says food stamp benefits can be used at an increasing number of farmers' markets in the state.
- Judge rejects claim that bourbon was falsely advertised Updated: Jul-29-15 4:01 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Chalk up another round for Maker's Mark distillery in fending off claims of misleading marketing for promoting its Kentucky bourbon as handmade.