- Reckoning nears for clerk resisting same-sex marriage ruling Updated: Aug-31-15 4:25 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - A court-imposed stay has expired for a Kentucky county clerk who defied a judge's order to issue same-sex marriage licenses.
- Australian boy's paralysis brings him to US for rehab Updated: Aug-31-15 10:50 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Cancer struck Evander Conroy's spine before he was born, leaving him unable to use his legs.
- UK releases student survey on campus safety Updated: Aug-31-15 10:40 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A new University of Kentucky survey shows a large number of students are reluctant to report violence or sexual assaults to campus authorities.
- Police: Man charged in connection with bicyclist's death Updated: Aug-31-15 6:11 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A Lexington man has been arrested in connection with the hit-and-run death of a bicyclist.
- Ginseng harvest permits available Tuesday in Boone Forest Updated: Aug-31-15 4:09 am
WINCHESTER, Kentucky - People interested in harvesting ginseng from the Daniel Boone National Forest may obtain a permit this week.
- Tickets on sale Wednesday for Louisville scrimmages Updated: Aug-31-15 4:09 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Tickets go on sale Wednesday for two Louisville men's basketball scrimmages to be held in October.
- Academy worker to be sentenced in sex abuse case Updated: Aug-31-15 4:08 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A former police officer will be sentenced this fall after pleading guilty to violating sex abuse laws with students at a residential, educational program run by the Kentucky National Guard.
- Kentucky has more than 30,000 homeless students Updated: Aug-30-15 4:13 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Before graduating in June, James Mouser was one of more than 30,000 homeless students in Kentucky, which has the nation's highest rate of student homelessness, according to a review of federal education data.
- Louisville bike shop restores, sells classic rides Updated: Aug-30-15 11:10 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Victor Miller describes his business, Vic's Classic Bikes in the Highlands, as "a hobby run amok."
- Education commissioner search narrowed to 2 finalists Updated: Aug-30-15 10:26 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Kentucky Board of Education has chosen two finalists in its search for a new state education commissioner.
- Quilts of Valor exhibit moving museum visitors to tears Updated: Aug-29-15 5:38 pm
PADUCAH, Kentucky - A new exhibit at the National Quilt Museum is moving visitors to tears.
- Former teacher spearheading new literacy campaign Updated: Aug-29-15 3:07 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - Elaine Wilson-Reddy of Danville has weaved in and out of education much of her adult life, now spearheading an early literacy campaign for children and families.
- Lawsuit claims Lexington attorney defrauded immigrants Updated: Aug-29-15 2:04 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A lawsuit filed in federal court accuses a Lexington attorney of defrauding immigrants by charging them to block deportations while knowing they weren't eligible to stay in the United States.
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest Updated: Aug-29-15 1:07 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The Kentucky clerk at the center of a conflict over same-sex marriage closed her office Saturday ahead of a rally protesting her refusal to issue marriage licenses.
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest Updated: Aug-29-15 12:47 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The Rowan County clerk at the center of a conflict over same-sex marriage and religious conscience closed her office on Saturday ahead of a rally protesting her refusal to issue marriage licenses.
- Louisville plans $55 million expansion of football stadium Updated: Aug-28-15 4:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville plans a $55 million expansion that will make Cardinal Stadium the state's largest at 65,000 seats upon completion, the school announced Friday.
- Legal aid group to train lawyers for disability hearings Updated: Aug-28-15 2:23 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A legal aid group is holding a training session for attorneys who want to help represent some of the 1,500 people who are in danger of losing their federal disability benefits.
- Appeals court reinstates lawsuit over fatal police shooting Updated: Aug-28-15 11:48 am
ELSMERE, Kentucky - A federal appeals court has reinstated a wrongful death lawsuit against a northern Kentucky police officer who fatally shot a man.
- Man sentenced to 35 years for killing high school student Updated: Aug-28-15 10:50 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A man convicted of murder in the shooting death of a Lexington teenager has been sentenced to 35 years in prison.
- Lexington police officer enters plea to harassment charge Updated: Aug-28-15 4:17 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A Lexington police officer has entered an Alford plea to a harassment charge.
- Hardwood molding company creating 90 jobs in Somerset Updated: Aug-28-15 4:06 am
SOMERSET, Kentucky - A hardwood molding company is expanding to Somerset, creating 90 jobs with a $2.6 million investment.
- Louisville Music Awards to honor wide range of artists Updated: Aug-28-15 4:05 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Louisville Music Awards will celebrate its third year as it honors local musicians at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts.
- Unemployment rates drop in 115 Kentucky counties Updated: Aug-28-15 3:37 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State officials say unemployment rates declined in 115 of Kentucky's 120 counties between July 2014 and last month.
- Soft-spoken Teddy Bridgewater blossoms for Vikings Updated: Aug-28-15 12:09 am
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - An easy smile, slender build and soft, self-effacing voice. They seem to bely Teddy Bridgewater's status with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Northern Kentucky student charged after gun spotted Updated: Aug-27-15 5:38 pm
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Kentucky - A Northern Kentucky University spokeswoman says a student has been charged after she was seen with a gun in the school library.