- Cops: Student spit and put window cleaner in roommates' food Updated: May-04-15 5:49 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Police say a University of South Carolina student has been arrested after her roommates set up a camera and caught her spitting and putting window cleaner in their food.
- Columbia parks hosting water fun day for kids Updated: May-02-15 4:49 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The City of Columbia is sponsoring a day of water play and fun for children in South Carolina's capital city.
- Columbia putting on athletics competition for adults Updated: May-01-15 4:25 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Time is running out for anyone wanting to participate in an adult athletic competition coming up in Columbia.
- RNC's Priebus to address S. Carolina Republican gathering Updated: May-01-15 4:15 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republicans are gearing up for their biggest weekend of the year.
- SLED: Columbia technical school officer exposed himself Updated: Apr-30-15 4:55 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities say an officer at a Columbia technical college has been charged with second-degree assault and battery and indecent exposure.
- SC Senate refuses to put roads on priority status Updated: Apr-30-15 4:25 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Senate refused Thursday to give priority status to a bill funding road and bridge construction.
- Senate panel: SLED should investigate all officer shootings Updated: Apr-30-15 1:31 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The State Law Enforcement Division would have to investigate all cases where a police officer kills or seriously injures a suspect in South Carolina, under legislation approved Thursday by a Senate panel.
- Columbia mayor among those praising character of ex-trustee Updated: Apr-30-15 12:25 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Columbia Mayor Steve Benjamin is among those who have written to a federal judge considering the sentence for a former South Carolina State University trustee embroiled in a kickback scandal, according to documents filed in court earlier this month.
- SC's 1st female general retiring from Army National Guard Updated: Apr-30-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The first woman to become a general officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard is retiring after 37 years in uniform.
- Advocate wants to create child advocacy board in SC Updated: Apr-29-15 1:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Members of a Senate committee overseeing South Carolina's child welfare agency have heard an advocate's request to create a child advisory board.
- SC Legislature honors Friendship 9 for civil rights protests Updated: Apr-28-15 1:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Legislature on Tuesday honored nine men who went to jail to protest segregated lunch counters in Rock Hill at the beginning of the civil rights movement.
- US Rep. Clyburn keynotes USC lecture on health disparities Updated: Apr-27-15 4:04 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. James Clyburn is delivering the keynote address at an annual conference on eliminating gaps in health care among people in South Carolina.
- Man charged with reckless homicide in crash near Columbia Updated: Apr-26-15 1:23 pm
FOREST ACRES, South Carolina - Authorities have charged a man with reckless homicide in a January crash in Forest Acres that killed an 81-year-old man.
- Trooper cleared in shooting of man on I-20 in Columbia Updated: Apr-25-15 8:46 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A South Carolina Highway Patrol trooper has been cleared of wrongdoing in the shooting of a man who pulled a gun on him during a traffic stop on Interstate 20 in Columbia.
- USC offers free sports physicals for student athletes Updated: Apr-25-15 6:13 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Students from 27 high schools, prep schools and middle schools in central South Carolina are getting a chance to have free sports physicals so they can participate in athletics.
- Mark Warner, Lincoln Chafee to address SC Democrats Updated: Apr-24-15 4:34 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Virginia Sen. Mark Warner is among those scheduled to address a gathering of South Carolina Democrats this weekend.
- SC combat vets finishing up 175-mile river challenge Updated: Apr-24-15 4:19 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Twenty-two combat veterans from South Carolina are finishing their 175-mile trip from Columbia to Charleston by water.
- SC House OKs bill ending permits to carry concealed weapons Updated: Apr-23-15 5:05 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina House passed a bill on Thursday that would eliminate the need to get a concealed weapons permit to carry guns in public in the state.
- Sumter teacher named South Carolina's best Updated: Apr-23-15 7:25 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Sumter High School teacher has been named South Carolina's Teacher of the Year.
- 5 rescued after getting lost in Congaree National Park Updated: Apr-23-15 6:17 am
GADSDEN, South Carolina - A family of five has been rescued after getting lost in the Congaree National Park southeast of Columbia.
- Experts convening in SC for summit about marijuana use Updated: Apr-23-15 4:19 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - National experts in a variety of fields are gathering in Columbia this week for a summit on marijuana.
- Senate panel advances $7B budget plan, $236M in borrowing Updated: Apr-22-15 8:46 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Senate's budget-writing committee advanced a package Wednesday that includes borrowing $236 million, mostly for college construction.
- Clemson receives legislators' initial OK to buy 2nd plane Updated: Apr-22-15 2:05 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Clemson University received legislators' initial permission Wednesday to buy a private jet for athletics, expected to cost that department an additional $400,000 yearly in operations.
- Transgender teen settles with state over license photo Updated: Apr-22-15 1:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A transgender South Carolina teenager who was told to remove her makeup for a driver's license photo has settled her lawsuit over the incident and a state agency has agreed to handle such cases differently, according to court documents.
- Man shot by South Carolina deputies dies, officials say Updated: Apr-22-15 12:59 pm
IRMO, South Carolina - Authorities say a man shot by sheriff's deputies in South Carolina has died.