- Last funeral for victim of Charleston shooting in Columbia Updated: Jul-02-15 2:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The last of the victims of the Charleston church shooting to be eulogized was remembered Thursday as a man known by the nickname "Super," who lived his life with a driving force to serve his fellow men and his God.
- Man shot to death in Richland County Updated: Jul-02-15 10:26 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Richland County sheriff's deputies are investigating the shooting death of a man at an apartment complex.
- Gov. Haley vetoes 87 SC budget items tallying $30 million Updated: Jun-30-15 6:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley thanked legislators Tuesday after issuing 87 budget vetoes that strike $30 million from the Legislature's budget package.
- Man found dead in US 321 median likely hit-and-run victim Updated: Jun-30-15 5:58 pm
GASTON, South Carolina - Authorities say an 18-year-old man has been found dead in the median of U.S. Highway 321 south of Columbia.
- Statue of white supremacist, former SC governor vandalized Updated: Jun-30-15 3:31 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities are investigating the vandalism of a statue of a segregationist South Carolina governor as the state grapples with heightened tension over Confederate symbols in the wake of a massacre at a black church.
- McKinley heads up new class for SC sports hall of fame Updated: Jun-30-15 2:57 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - One of the first players South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier signed to turn the program around is now part of the school's athletic hall of fame.
- New law means Uber rides will continue in South Carolina Updated: Jun-29-15 8:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - People in South Carolina can continue catching a ride through the Uber app under a law signed by Gov. Nikki Haley.
- Survey shows enough votes to remove Confederate flag in SC Updated: Jun-29-15 8:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A survey of South Carolina legislators shows there is enough support to remove the Confederate flag from Statehouse grounds if all supporters cast a vote.
- Passenger exiting plane, struck by lightning in Columbia Updated: Jun-29-15 6:32 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Officials say lightning struck a female passenger who was getting off a plane at the Columbia Metropolitan Airport.
- 78-year-old Fla. man killed by truck on I-77 trying to help Updated: Jun-28-15 2:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A 78-year-old Florida man is dead after he tried to cross a South Carolina interstate on foot to check on people inside a vehicle involved in an earlier collision.
- Charleston suspect's life a troubled road to radicalization Updated: Jun-27-15 12:38 pm
CHAPIN, South Carolina - The people who know Dylann Storm Roof - the people who watched his progression from a sweet child to a disturbed man - are struggling with guilt. How could they have missed the signs? Could they have done something to prevent the deaths of nine innocents at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church?
- The Latest: Obama in Charleston for shooting victim funeral Updated: Jun-26-15 4:24 pm
The latest in the Charleston church shooting. (All times local.)
- Pastor walks line between leading, comforting Emanuel AME Updated: Jun-24-15 8:55 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Rev. Norvel Goff will walk into Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church for Bible study keenly aware of the crushing burden now on his shoulders: to be a comforter, a teacher, a man of God and most powerfully, a leader of a church whose heart is heavy with the tragic loss of its senior pastor and eight members.
- Wofford: Funeral set for Sunday for basketball player Tate Updated: Jun-23-15 6:03 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Wofford says the funeral for basketball player Jeremiah Tate is scheduled for Sunday.
- History of the Confederate flag on Statehouse grounds Updated: Jun-23-15 3:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The shooting deaths of nine people at a black church in Charleston, South Carolina, have reignited calls for the Confederate flag flying on the grounds of the Statehouse in Columbia to come down.
- YMCA counselor drowns in SC lake after jumping from bridge Updated: Jun-22-15 2:57 pm
CLOVER, South Carolina - A 19-year-old South Carolina man is dead after he and a fellow YMCA camp counselor went for an early-morning dip in Lake Wylie.
- Officials: Death of 4-year-old found in car is 'suspicious' Updated: Jun-22-15 3:13 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Officials say the Richland County Sheriff's Department is investigating the suspicious death of a 4-year-old found in a car in northwest Columbia.
- Ronald McDonald House to build residential home in Columbia Updated: Jun-22-15 3:11 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Ronald McDonald House of Columbia is set to break ground next month on a new residential facility that will provide services to more families with sick or injured children.
- 'You are welcome:' The night Emanuel opened its door to evil Updated: Jun-20-15 1:56 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - When Angela Brown saw the Facebook post about a shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, her mind immediately leapt to her aunt. Whenever the doors to Emanuel were open to its flock, Ethel Lance was there.
- Clyburn Golf Center hosting free girls' golf clinic Updated: Jun-20-15 6:20 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A special opportunity is coming up for girls in the Columbia area who are interested in learning about golf.
- Repairs expected to cause heavy congestion on I-26 Updated: Jun-20-15 6:18 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina transportation officials are reminding drivers to expect heavy congestion on Interstate 26 in Richland County because of work to repair damage caused by a multi-vehicle wreck last month.
- Reports: Mistrial in case of ex-South Carolina police chief Updated: Jun-19-15 10:26 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a white former South Carolina police chief charged with murder in the shooting death of an unarmed black man, media outlets report.
- Timeline of the shooting at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston Updated: Jun-19-15 6:58 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Here is a timeline of the shooting at the historic Emanuel AME Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina:
- University of South Carolina raises tuition by 2.9 percent Updated: Jun-19-15 4:58 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The University of South Carolina's trustees have voted to raise tuition 2.9 percent, starting next fall.
- Lugoff woman charged in theft of nearly $117K from employer Updated: Jun-19-15 3:05 am
LUGOFF, South Carolina - A Lugoff woman who worked for a Kershaw County doctor's practice has been arrested after authorities say she embezzled more than $116K from her employer between 2013 and 2014.