- The Latest: Unclear when boil-water advisory will lift Updated: Oct-09-15 12:35 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- Rain-swollen South Carolina rivers prompt new evacuations Updated: Oct-09-15 8:31 am
PLEASANT HILL, South Carolina - A number of South Carolina residents near the coast are evacuating and others are piling up sandbags anew outside homes and businesses, bracing for more possible flooding even as the nation's Homeland Security chief is set later Friday to tour areas hit hard by recent heavy rains.
- Arkansas releases 2016 baseball schedule Updated: Oct-08-15 1:18 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas has released its 2016 baseball schedule that includes 34 home games, including Southeastern Conference weekend series in Fayetteville against Auburn, Missouri, Florida, Texas A&M and Alabama.
- LSU-South Carolina game moved to Louisiana due to flooding Updated: Oct-07-15 7:46 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is moving its home game against LSU to Baton Rouge because of massive flooding around the university.
- Flood slams South Carolina's already shoddy infrastructure Updated: Oct-07-15 5:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Long before the historic floods of the past week, crumbling roads, bridges and dams and aging drinking water systems plagued South Carolina - a poor state that didn't spend much on them in the first place and has been loath to raise taxes for upkeep.
- AD not 100 percent sure South Carolina will host LSU game Updated: Oct-06-15 2:11 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner is not "100 percent sure" that Saturday's football game against No. 7 LSU will be played at Williams-Brice Stadium because of the devastating floods that hit the state this past weekend.
- Health concerns abound in aftermath of flooding Updated: Oct-06-15 1:43 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Many areas in South Carolina's capital city - a metropolitan area home to more than 800,000 - have been covered by record amounts of water this week in historic flooding. The rain subsided, but as families returned to their homes to assess damage, officials warned them about health-related problems, too.
- School says South Carolina game with No. 7 LSU still on Updated: Oct-05-15 4:47 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Athletic officials at the University of South Carolina say next Saturday's game against No. 7 LSU is still on despite flooding in portions of the city.
- SC's Tim Scott plays role in GOP race with candidate forums Updated: Oct-03-15 12:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - More than 2,000 voters, from college students to those of retirement age, packed a Columbia theater recently to see for themselves what it's like to experience businessman Donald Trump up close and personal.
- Haley orders flags at half-staff to honor slain officer Updated: Oct-02-15 2:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has ordered flags on state property to be flown at half-staff to honor the police officer who was shot and killed at a suburban mall.
- Meeting set for part of Haley's domestic violence panel Updated: Oct-02-15 10:18 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Part of Gov. Nikki Haley's task force on domestic violence is meeting this week.
- Board postpones vote on another Planned Parenthood review Updated: Oct-01-15 6:51 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's Legislative Audit Council postponed voting Thursday on whether to launch another state investigation into Planned Parenthood.
- Suspect in police death carried weapons in earlier arrests Updated: Oct-01-15 5:47 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The man charged with shooting a police officer to death with a stolen gun at a South Carolina mall was carrying multiple weapons during two earlier arrests, police records show.
- The Latest: Shooting suspect carried multiple weapons Updated: Oct-01-15 5:12 pm
FOREST ACRES, South Carolina - The latest on the shooting of a police officer at a South Carolina mall. All times local:
- Ex-Virginia Gov. Gilmore officially enters SC GOP primary Updated: Sep-29-15 2:48 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Presidential hopeful Jim Gilmore has made a special trip to South Carolina to make his candidacy in the state official.
- Kelley Paul files husband Rand's S. Carolina primary papers Updated: Sep-29-15 10:19 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rand Paul is now officially a candidate in South Carolina's presidential primary.
- NASCAR rep to speak at green business meeting in Columbia Updated: Sep-29-15 4:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A representative from NASCAR is speaking this week at a meeting in Columbia on sustainability.
- Tangled web surrounds United's aborted Atlantic City routes Updated: Sep-28-15 2:44 am
NEW YORK - Desperate to draw visitors to Atlantic City, New Jersey officials gave United Airlines more than $100,000 in incentives to fly to the seaside resort for at least a year. Then, when United abruptly canceled the money-losing routes eight months later, the officials appointed by Gov. Chris Christie decided not to enforce a contract provision that required the airline to repay the money, The Associated Press has learned.
- Tangled web surrounds United's aborted Atlantic City routes Updated: Sep-28-15 2:36 am
NEW YORK - United Airlines was given more than $100,000 in marketing incentives last year as part of a deal to start flights to Atlantic City International Airport. However, The Associated Press has learned that when the airline broke the agreement by abruptly canceling the money-losing routes early, officials appointed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie decided not to enforce a contract provision that required United to repay the money.
- 3 workers burned by steam in accident at nuclear fuel plant Updated: Sep-26-15 2:54 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Three workers burned when steam escaped from a wash tank at a plant that assembles nuclear fuel rods are being treated at a burn center in Augusta, Georgia.
- Santorum returns to South Carolina for capitol prayer rally Updated: Sep-26-15 4:01 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum is in South Carolina this weekend for campaign events, including a parade and a prayer rally.
- Suspended lifted for license at Greenville abortion clinic Updated: Sep-25-15 7:14 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - State officials say one of two South Carolina abortion clinics which had their licenses suspended has met terms of the order and had the sanction lifted.
- Confederate Rock gets new home in Boone County Updated: Sep-25-15 5:30 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An 11,000-pound boulder serving as a memorial to Boone County residents who fought for the South in the Civil War has moved to its new home at the Battle of Centralia historic site.
- Lottery winner donates record gift to Midlands Tech Updated: Sep-25-15 4:58 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Midlands Technical College has announced it has received the largest individual gift in the school's 41-year-old history.
- Trump speaks to black business leaders in South Carolina Updated: Sep-23-15 9:36 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has brought his campaign back to South Carolina for a speech in front of black business leaders and a town hall with the country's only black GOP U.S. senator.