- Quebec marks anniversary of rail disaster that killed 47 Updated: Jul-06-15 4:08 pm
LAC-MEGANTIC, Quebec - A church bell rang 47 times in Lac-Megantic to honor the 47 victims of the runaway oil train disaster two years ago that forever changed the small Quebec town.
- Villa, New York City FC beat Montreal Impact 2-1 Updated: Jul-04-15 10:59 pm
- Defense helps US team to the Women's World Cup final Updated: Jul-01-15 10:13 pm
MONTREAL - It used to be that the U.S. women's national team was known more for its fierce attack. For the Women's World Cup in Canada, the Americans are finding success with a locked-down defense.
- Avalanche reach deals with Beauchemin, Comeau Updated: Jul-01-15 4:42 pm
DENVER - More leadership for the Colorado Avalanche? Check. Added toughness? A big check - especially in regard to the hard-hitting variety.
- Canucks trade Kassian to Canadiens for Prust Updated: Jul-01-15 3:15 pm
- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 am
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the soccer's ruling body.
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:41 am
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid said forward Alexandra Popp did not have a concussion after banging heads with U.S. midfielder Morgan Brian in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US Updated: Jun-30-15 10:42 pm
MONTREAL - Celia Sasic picked a bad time for Germany's first missed penalty kick in the Women's World Cup.
- Canadiens agree to 2-year deal with forward Brian Flynn Updated: Jun-30-15 3:57 pm
MONTREAL - Forward Brian Flynn agreed to a $1.9 million, two-year contract with the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
- Michael Sam, 1st openly gay NFL draftee, rejoins CFL team Updated: Jun-29-15 6:23 pm
MONTREAL - In the city where Jackie Robinson made the jump to the big leagues - and a country where gay marriage has been legal for a decade - Michael Sam has come to restart his football career.
- Killer in Canadian dismemberment case joins dating site Updated: Jun-29-15 2:27 pm
MONTREAL - A Canadian man sentenced to life in prison for killing and dismembering his Chinese lover and mailing the body parts to schools and political parties has joined a matchmaking website for inmates.
- Bound for Quebec? Don't sweat the language barrier Updated: Jun-29-15 9:17 am
DOLBEAU-MISTASSINI, Quebec - During weeks of travel in parts of Quebec where few speak much English, I only encountered one problem arising from the language barrier. It happened when I broke into a guy's house.
- Edu's late goal helps Union salvage a 2-2 tie with Montreal Updated: Jun-27-15 9:53 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Maurice Edu punched home a rebound from in front of the Montreal goal in the 76th minute and the Philadelphia Union salvaged a soggy 2-2 draw with the Impact on Saturday night in a rainstorm.
- German midfielder's status unknown for World Cup semi vs USA Updated: Jun-27-15 3:14 pm
MONTREAL - Germany midfielder Dzsenifer Marozsan has a hyperextended left ankle and the team is not certain if she will play in Tuesday's World Cup semifinal against the United States.
- Germany tops France 5-4 in shootout to reach World Cup semis Updated: Jun-26-15 9:27 pm
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid needed five volunteers for the shootout that could beat France and put the two-time Women's World Cup champions into the semifinals.
- Michael Sam expected to rejoin Alouettes this weekend Updated: Jun-26-15 6:09 pm
MONTREAL - Michael Sam is ready to resume his pro football career.
- Blackhawks host Rangers in NHL opener Oct. 7 Updated: Jun-25-15 2:32 pm
- Canadian prime minister lauds Quebec City for NHL Updated: Jun-25-15 2:02 pm
QUEBEC CITY - Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Quebec City is the ideal place for an NHL expansion team.
- Carey Price wins Hart, Vezina, Lindsay honors at NHL Awards Updated: Jun-24-15 10:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - Carey Price came away from the NHL Awards show with a hat trick.
- Giovinco, Altidore score, Toronto beats Montreal 3-1 Updated: Jun-24-15 10:21 pm
- Montreal's Carey Price wins Vezina Trophy as top goalie Updated: Jun-24-15 8:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens has won the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goalie.
- Montreal G Price wins Lindsay Award as players' top player Updated: Jun-24-15 7:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price has won the Ted Lindsay Award, chosen as the NHL's most outstanding player by his fellow players.
- NHL will explore expansion, with Las Vegas among candidates Updated: Jun-24-15 6:12 pm
LAS VEGAS - The NHL is officially exploring expansion.
- Hockey world is open to an NHL expansion gamble in Las Vegas Updated: Jun-23-15 8:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - The NHL is thinking about expanding to Las Vegas, and Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley has already considered the challenges he might face bringing 25 young hockey players to Sin City.