- Canadiens top Sabres for 5th straight win Updated: Dec-08-13 12:23 am
- Pacioretty lifts surging Canadiens over Bruins 2-1 Updated: Dec-06-13 12:24 am
- Canadiens top Devils 4-3 in shootout Updated: Dec-04-13 11:24 pm
- NH group working with Aero Montreal Updated: Dec-04-13 5:18 am
- Search finds no signs of missing man in Maine Updated: Dec-03-13 7:15 pm
- Talking Ellensburg chimps OK at Quebec sanctuary Updated: Dec-03-13 12:56 pm
- Galchenyuk helps Canadiens top Devils 3-2 Updated: Dec-03-13 12:51 am
- Stevenson retains light heavyweight title Updated: Dec-01-13 1:22 am
- Canadiens topple Maple Leafs 4-2 Updated: Dec-01-13 12:31 am
- Grabovski helps Capitals beat Canadiens 3-2 in SO Updated: Nov-29-13 10:36 pm
- Vt. chamber to seek aerospace ties with Quebec Updated: Nov-29-13 2:25 pm
- Ann McFeatters: Protect children from ads for unhealthy... Updated: Nov-29-13 9:48 am
- Canadiens top Sabres 3-1 Updated: Nov-27-13 11:24 pm
- Assistant GM gets extension from Canadiens Updated: Nov-27-13 8:29 pm
- Pacioretty's 2 goals lift Canadiens over Penguins Updated: Nov-24-13 12:47 am
- Pro wrestler Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon dies at 84 Updated: Nov-21-13 1:21 pm
- Column: Blame Canada? Or should we merge instead? Updated: Nov-21-13 10:16 am
- NHL blocks Sabres' bid to send Grigorenko to AHL Updated: Nov-20-13 2:44 pm
- Pacioretty's hat trick leads Habs over Wild 6-2 Updated: Nov-20-13 12:33 am
- Treasures: What is this bronze statue worth? Updated: Nov-18-13 3:47 pm
- Scrivens, Toffoli lead Kings to 1-0 win over NYR Updated: Nov-17-13 10:44 pm
- Rangers shut out Canadiens 1-0 Updated: Nov-16-13 11:32 pm
- Desharnais' shootout goal lifts Canadiens, 3-2 Updated: Nov-15-13 10:51 pm
- Actress convicted of stalking Alec Baldwin Updated: Nov-14-13 4:43 pm
- De la Isla: Suggestion of U.S., Canada merger neglects... Updated: Nov-13-13 11:48 am
MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens got a big offensive boost from their fourth line.
MONTREAL - Max Pacioretty was hardly in the mood to celebrate after his game-winning goal for the Canadiens.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils struggled to slow down David Desharnais on Wednesday.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's aerospace and defense manufacturers are hoping a new agreement with their peers in Canada will lead to new opportunities for their businesses.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine game wardens have suspended their search for a 67-year-old man from Quebec in a remote and snow-covered part of northern Maine.
ELLENSBURG, Washington - Tatu and Loulis, two sign-language using chimpanzees formerly housed on Central Washington University's campus, are integrating well into their new home at the Fauna Foundation sanctuary in Quebec, according to Mary Lee Jensvold, director at the Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute.
QUEBEC CITY - Adonis Stevenson retained his WBC light heavyweight title Saturday night by stopping Tony Bellew in the sixth round.
MONTREAL - Max Pacioretty annoyed the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby did not expect to play Friday against the streaking Montreal Canadiens. But when scheduled starter Michal Neuvirth was injured in warmups, Holtby was not only the next man up, he was the only man up.
RUTLAND, Vermont - The Vermont Chamber of Commerce is seeking closer business ties with Quebec's aerospace industry, and to help make that happen, officials will be signing a memorandum of understanding in Montreal with their Canadian counterparts.
(Resending. This column originally moved on Wednesday, Nov. 27.)
BUFFALO, New York - Canadiens goaltender Carey Price made the big save when needed to extend Montreal's winning streak.
BUFFALO, New York - Montreal Canadiens assistant general manager Rick Dudley has agreed to a multi-year contract extension, spurning an invitation to speak with the Buffalo Sabres about their open general manager position.
MONTREAL - Tomas Plekanec had no problem shutting down Sidney Crosby.
MONTREAL - Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon, who wrestled for Canada in the 1948 Olympics before fighting in more than 13,000 bouts as a professional, has died at 84.
WASHINGTON - In the 1995 movie "Canadian Bacon," the U.S. president (Alan Alda), distressed by low opinion polls, starts a war with Canada on the theory that the public rallies around war-time presidents.
BUFFALO, New York - Sabres center Mikhail Grigorenko was back in Buffalo on Wednesday after the NHL blocked the team's attempt to send the rookie to the minors on a two-week conditioning assignment.
MONTREAL - Plenty of fingers were pointed lately at Max Pacioretty and his center, David Desharnais, for Montreal's lack of scoring.
11-18-13 - Dear Helaine and Joe:
NEW YORK - Ben Scrivens made 37 saves in his second consecutive shutout, and Tyler Toffoli's second-period goal held up as the winner as the Los Angeles Kings completed a successful Eastern road trip with a 1-0 victory over the New York Rangers on Sunday night.
MONTREAL - Cam Talbot grew up as a fan of Montreal Canadiens goaltending star Patrick Roy.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A tough season for David Desharnais finally produced a bright spot.
NEW YORK - A Canadian actress who pined for Alec Baldwin was convicted Thursday of stalking him with yearning emails and phone calls that spiraled into unbidden appearances at his homes.
In her book, "Merger of the Century: Why Canada and America Should Become One Country," Toronto National Post columnist Diane Francis dismisses Mexico, but how can the U.S.'s second-largest trade partner, which is ahead of China, and Canada's fifth-largest export market not be taken into account?