- Ignacio Piatti leads Impact past FC Dallas, 2-1 Updated: May-23-15 10:21 pm
- Oshawa beats Rimouski 4-3 in Memorial Cup Updated: May-23-15 7:50 pm
QUEBEC CITY - Hunter Smith broke a tie at 9:24 of the third period and the Oshawa Generals beat the Rimouski Oceanic 4-3 on Saturday night in the Memorial Cup opener for both teams.
- Montreal Alouettes sign openly gay defensive end Michael Sam Updated: May-22-15 3:27 pm
MONTREAL - Michael Sam has found a pro football job. In Canada.
- Vermont officials working to attract businesses from Quebec Updated: May-20-15 6:09 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont needs to do more to attract Canadian businesses to the state when they are looking to set up operations in the United States, business and political leaders said Wednesday.
- Official: Canada police nab 10 youths for trying to join IS Updated: May-20-15 1:34 am
TORONTO - Canadian police arrested 10 youths at Montreal's Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport last weekend who are suspected of wanting to go to Iraq and Syria to join the Islamic State group, a government official said Tuesday.
- New and now: Family adventures, Brandywine Valley, Montreal Updated: May-18-15 10:31 am
APPALACHIAN MOUNTAIN CLUB ADVENTURES
- Montreal mayor says he will meet with Manfred on May 28 Updated: May-17-15 1:51 pm
- Historic 2011 US and Canada flooding prompts water study Updated: May-17-15 10:21 am
SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, Quebec - Unprecedented spring flooding in 2011 in Lake Champlain and the river that drains the lake north into Quebec is prompting scientists in the United States and Canada to see if anything can be done to reduce future problems.
- Impact beats Salt Lake 4-1 for first MLS victory of season Updated: May-16-15 6:15 pm
- Montreal cut ties with veterans Gonchar, Weaver, Malhotra Updated: May-15-15 3:45 pm
BROSSARD, Quebec - Veterans Manny Malhotra, Sergei Gonchar and Mike Weaver will not be back with the Montreal Canadiens next season.
- Bishop a key to Tampa Bay Lightning's deep playoff run Updated: May-15-15 2:23 am
- Bombardier says 1,750 job cuts due to soft demand for jets Updated: May-14-15 8:54 am
MONTREAL - Bombardier confirmed Thursday it will cut more than 1,750 employees in Canada and Northern Ireland over the coming months to adjust for weak demand for some of its business jets.
- Whitecaps tie FC Edmonton 1-1 in 1st leg Updated: May-14-15 12:20 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Gershon Koffie scored in the 87th minute and the Vancouver Whitecaps tied FC Edmonton 1-1 on Wednesday night in the first leg of their Canadian Championship semifinal series.
- Montreal advances to Canadian Championship final Updated: May-13-15 10:02 pm
- Lightning oust Canadiens with 4-1 win in Game 6 Updated: May-12-15 11:05 pm
- SERENITY NOW: When a river is a sea of tranquility Updated: May-12-15 7:27 am
SAINTE-FLAVIE, Quebec - The St. Lawrence River in Quebec is like a pastoral painting along most of its length, wild in so many places, gently settled in others - a sea of tranquility for the spirit no matter how rough the waters or dark the sky.
- Kreider scores 2, Rangers hold off Caps 4-3 to force Game 7 Updated: May-10-15 11:46 pm
WASHINGTON - All of 40 seconds into Game 6, Chris Kreider scored for the New York Rangers. Did it again with all of 0.3 seconds left in the first period.
- Borchers, Valeri score, Timbers beat Impact 2-1 Updated: May-09-15 9:50 pm
- Babcock Watch: Weighing Red Wings coach's options Updated: May-09-15 5:29 pm
BUFFALO, New York - From San Jose to Philadelphia, Mike Babcock has no shortage of NHL coaching options after the Detroit Red Wings granted him permission to speak to other teams.
- Canadiens' Brandon Prust apologizes to ref, is fined $5,000 Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust has been fined $5,000 by the NHL for comments he made to referee Brad Watson following Game 2.
- Lightning beat Canadiens 6-2 to take 2-0 series lead Updated: May-03-15 11:11 pm
MONTREAL - Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos ended his scoring drought and the Lightning's power-play came to life with four goals - at the expense of the reeling Montreal Canadiens.
- Mexico's Club America wins CONCACAF Champions League Updated: Apr-30-15 12:17 am
MONTREAL - Dario Benedetto scored three second-half goals and Club America of Mexico beat the Montreal Impact 4-2 on Wednesday night to win the CONCACAF Champions League title.
- Valeant raises outlook after completing purchase of Salix Updated: Apr-29-15 2:01 pm
LAVAL, Quebec - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. said Wednesday it turned a profit in the first quarter, and the Canadian drugmaker raised its forecasts for the year after completing more acquisitions.
- Canadiens move on in playoffs after beating Senators in 6 Updated: Apr-27-15 2:12 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - The Montreal Canadiens are moving on - after a few tense days in which a big series lead suddenly dwindled.
- Canadiens advance with 2-0 win over Senators Updated: Apr-26-15 11:11 pm