- Canadiens hope to build on win against Lightning Updated: Apr-17-14 7:24 pm
- Montreal team sign Chad Johnson to 2-year contract Updated: Apr-17-14 3:55 pm
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- Montreal mayor looks to NYC for anti-graft advice Updated: Apr-15-14 11:46 pm
- Chad Johnson takes steps toward CFL comeback Updated: Apr-15-14 8:03 pm
- Torres uncertain for playoff opener Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Lightning earn home-ice edge against Canadiens Updated: Apr-13-14 7:18 pm
- Gionta's OT goal helps Canadiens beat Rangers 1-0 Updated: Apr-13-14 3:06 am
- Amarikwa scores for Chicago in 1-1 tie with Impact Updated: Apr-12-14 8:33 pm
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69 Updated: Apr-11-14 11:40 pm
- Not so Great White North in NHL Updated: Apr-11-14 2:15 pm
- Nabokov earns shutout as Isles top Canadiens 2-0 Updated: Apr-10-14 11:54 pm
- 3-goal third helps Lightning beat Flyers 4-2 Updated: Apr-10-14 11:33 pm
- Sharp lifts Blackhawks past Canadiens in OT Updated: Apr-09-14 11:38 pm
- Future of Quebec's separatist party in doubt Updated: Apr-09-14 9:22 am
- Spezza powers Senators past Islanders 4-1 Updated: Apr-08-14 11:32 pm
- Gionta Scores 2 as Canadiens beat Red Wings, 5-3 Updated: Apr-06-14 12:24 am
- Benn scores twice as Stars beat Lightning 5-2 Updated: Apr-05-14 11:35 pm
- Felipe's goal gives Impact 2-2 draw with Red Bulls Updated: Apr-05-14 10:03 pm
- Pacioretty scores 3 as Canadiens beat Senators 7-4 Updated: Apr-05-14 12:05 am
- McInterney traded from Philadelphia to Montreal Updated: Apr-04-14 10:59 am
- Lexington vies for Equestrian Games with Montreal Updated: Apr-02-14 1:05 pm
- Bailey has goal, assist as Isles top Panthers 4-2 Updated: Apr-01-14 11:11 pm
- Dombrowski puts baseball's growth in perspective Updated: Apr-01-14 5:33 pm
- Sabres' Grigorenko reports to Rochester Updated: Mar-30-14 4:33 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Carey Price concedes that failing to protect a pair of third-period leads is not a formula for success in the NHL playoffs.
MONTREAL - Former NFL star Chad Johnson will make his return to the gridiron in the Canadian Football League.
BEIJING - Since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, some lawyers have claimed they can get several millions of dollars in damages for each lost passenger by taking the cases to the United States. But past lawsuits show U.S. federal courts are more likely to throw such cases out if the crashes happened overseas.
NEW YORK - Montreal's mayor sought to convince Manhattan business leaders Tuesday that his administration is moving past the corruption scandals that brought down his two predecessors and have become the "elephant in the room" when trying to lure investment to Canada's second largest city.
VERO BEACH, Florida - Chad Johnson made a sharp cut to free himself from a defender, and then hauled in a pass at the 53-yard line.
SAN JOSE, California - Raffi Torres is making progress but it's still unclear whether he'll play for the San Jose Sharks in their playoff opener Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings.
WASHINGTON - It came right down to the final moment of the final regular-season game for the Tampa Bay Lightning to secure home-ice advantage against the Montreal Canadiens in the first round of the playoffs.
MONTREAL - The Canadiens and Rangers ended their regular seasons with an overtime game settled by a penalty shot.
TORONTO - Jesse Winchester, a U.S.-born singer who established himself in Montreal after dodging the Vietnam War and went on to write songs covered by the likes of Elvis Costello, Jimmy Buffett and Joan Baez has died of cancer. He was 69.
For the first time since 1973, there is just one Canadian team in the NHL postseason. The Montreal Canadiens represent the nation's only hope of ending a 21-year Stanley Cup drought, and that's a long shot.
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Lightning have put themselves in position for home-ice in their opening playoff round against Montreal.
CHICAGO - Patrick Sharp stepped up late to make sure the Chicago Blackhawks a win in their last regular-season home game.
QUEBEC CITY - Quebec's separatist party faces doubts about its survival after voters solidly rejected its main goal of making the French-speaking province an independent country.
UNIONDALE, New York - The New York Islanders were seeking a positive finish to a frustrating season on home ice. Ottawa's Jason Spezza and Craig Anderson did their best to block that effort.
MONTREAL - The Canadiens almost let the game get away.
TAMPA, Florida - The Dallas Stars are playing like a team desperate to reach the postseason for the first time in six years. The Tampa Bay Lightning, however, have lost back-to-back home games since clinching their second playoff berth in seven seasons.
MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens couldn't help but feel a sense of payback.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lexington and the Bromont/Montreal area in Canada are competing to host the 2018 World Equestrian Games after Wellington, Florida, dropped out of the bid process just before the March 31 deadline.
DETROIT - Shortly before the start of a spring training game last month, Dave Dombrowski paused briefly to sign a few autographs for fans.
BUFFALO, New York - Buffalo Sabres prospect Mikhail Grigorenko will play for the Rochester Americans, three months after the first-round pick briefly refused a demotion to junior hockey.