- Person struck, killed by train in Charlotte Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - One person has been killed after being struck by a train in Charlotte.
- Panthers' Martin contemplates retirement after back injury Updated: Jul-27-15 7:05 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers offense tackle Jonathan Martin, the lineman harassed during the Miami Dolphins' 2013 bullying scandal, is contemplating retirement following a back injury.
- Teen dies after being kicked in head by her father's horse Updated: Jul-27-15 9:13 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A 15-year-old North Carolina girl has died after being kicked in the head by her father's horse over the weekend.
- Stabbing of Charlotte mother stays unsolved after 20 years Updated: Jul-26-15 11:32 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The family of a woman stabbed to death in 1990 in her Charlotte home hasn't stopped looking for her killer.
- Jury selection ends for week in NC police shooting trial Updated: Jul-24-15 3:39 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jury selection has ended for the week in the trial of a white Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer charged in the killing of an unarmed black man.
- Person struck and killed by train in Salisbury Updated: Jul-24-15 7:16 am
SALISBURY, North Carolina - Officials say a pedestrian has been struck and killed by an Amtrak train near Salisbury.
- Second-degree murder charges filed in wreck that killed 3 Updated: Jul-23-15 6:09 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - Authorities say second-degree murder charges have been filed against a 20-year-old UNC student accused in a wrong-way crash that killed three people.
- Man gets more than 6 years in prison in NC Ponzi scheme Updated: Jul-23-15 12:28 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Authorities say a man who used money from about 25 Charlotte investors to pay for dinners, jewelry, electronics, furniture and hotel stays has been sentenced to more than six years in prison after pleading guilty last year to securities fraud.
- Charlotte hopes to host more SC-NC football games Updated: Jul-23-15 8:05 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - South Carolina and North Carolina open their college football seasons in Charlotte on Sept. 3 at the home of the Carolinas Panthers.
- Hornets sign 6-foot-9 free agent forward Tyler Hansbrough Updated: Jul-22-15 5:30 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tyler Hansbrough hopes to jumpstart his basketball career in the same state where he first emerged on to the national scene.
- Man shot to death at Charlotte home Updated: Jul-22-15 9:29 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police in Charlotte are investigating the shooting death of a man found in the backyard of a home.
- Confederate monuments vandalized at 2 North Carolina sites Updated: Jul-21-15 3:50 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Authorities say Confederate monuments have been vandalized in two locations in North Carolina.
- Charlotte asks water customers to conserve Updated: Jul-21-15 7:49 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The city of Charlotte is asking customers to cut down on water usage.
- Review: Temperance Brennan returns in 'Speaking in Bones' Updated: Jul-20-15 2:43 pm
"Speaking in Bones" (Bantam), by Kathy Reichs
- Jury selection in fatal North Carolina police shooting Updated: Jul-20-15 5:25 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jury selection was set to begin Monday in the trial of a white Charlotte police officer accused of fatally shooting an unarmed black man who was looking for help.
- NC woman faces 69 counts in identity thefts Updated: Jul-19-15 10:02 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police say a North Carolina woman has been charged with 69 theft counts stemming from stealing the financial information of more than 30 people in the Charlotte area.
- Storm eyed as cause as fire consumes Taylorsville church Updated: Jul-18-15 5:58 pm
TAYLORSVILLE, North Carolina - A huge fire has engulfed a church in Taylorsville, and authorities suggest severe weather may have caused it.
- Barber leads effort to unify Charlotte as trial looms Updated: Jul-18-15 12:31 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - As North Carolina's largest city braces for the trial of a former police officer accused in the killing of an unarmed black man, an unlikely coalition of barbers, clergy and law enforcement is working to improve relations between the black community and police in Charlotte - and to head off possible violence once the trial ends.
- 2 Confederate monuments vandalized in North Carolina Updated: Jul-16-15 4:33 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A vandalized Confederate monument in Charlotte, North Carolina was removed from Old City Hall on Thursday and relocated to a city warehouse for cleaning.
- 2 Confederate monuments vandalized in Charlotte Updated: Jul-16-15 10:25 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police in Charlotte are investigating the vandalism of two Confederate monuments.
- Man found in Charlotte wreck had been shot Updated: Jul-16-15 8:58 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police say a man found in a wrecked car in Charlotte had been shot to death.
- Man stabbed to death in Charlotte; teen arrested Updated: Jul-16-15 8:04 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police in Charlotte have arrested a 16-year-old girl in a man's stabbing death.
- Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago draw in Gold Cup Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Two goals in stoppage time led to a 4-4 draw between Mexico and Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday night in their final group match at the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Cuba advances with 1-0 Gold Cup win over Guatemala Updated: Jul-15-15 10:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Maikel Reyes missed Cuba's first CONCACAF Gold Cup pool play game due to visa problems. He made sure his country didn't miss reaching the quarterfinals, though.
- NC lawmakers pass bill to end development protest petitions Updated: Jul-15-15 7:41 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A bill eliminating a formal track for North Carolina homeowners to protest development in their communities passed the General Assembly on Wednesday and is headed to the governor, who will likely approve it.