- First-round pick Kaminsky signs contract with Hornets Updated: Jul-02-15 8:50 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - First-round draft pick Frank Kaminsky has signed a contract with the Charlotte Hornets.
- Boy chained up with dead chicken around neck tells his story Updated: Jul-01-15 5:52 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Handcuffed and shackled to a block of steel, the young boy would brace himself when he heard footsteps outside his bedroom door. He knew that once the grown-ups entered, the abuse would begin.
- Police: Homeowner shoots, kills man who'd already shot woman Updated: Jul-01-15 7:31 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police in Charlotte say a homeowner has shot and killed a man who was pointing a gun at a woman he'd already shot during an argument.
- A record 1.2M North Carolinians traveling this weekend Updated: Jun-30-15 1:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A record 1.2 million North Carolinians are expected to travel more than 50 miles to celebrate the July 4th holiday.
- Putney sworn in as new Charlotte-Mecklenburg police chief Updated: Jun-29-15 2:08 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Kerr Putney is the new chief of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, capping his ascent through the ranks to lead the force in North Carolina's largest city.
- Police: Wake County man charged with assault at LGBT bar Updated: Jun-29-15 5:44 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Wake County man has been charged with assault after police say he entered an LGBT bar, angrily criticized the Supreme Court's ruling legalizing same-sex marriage and then slapped the owner.
- Judge denies hog producer's bid to dismiss lawsuit claims Updated: Jun-26-15 4:51 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A federal judge has denied hog producer Murphy-Brown LLC's motion to dismiss some claims in lawsuits filed by more than 500 neighbors of North Carolina hog farms.
- Clifford likes Hornets new look after trades, draft Updated: Jun-26-15 4:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets' roster has a vastly different look than it did two weeks ago. And third-year coach Steve Clifford said that's a good thing.
- Fast-growing North Carolina region at odds over traffic jams Updated: Jun-26-15 1:51 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Like many fast-growing parts of the country, North Carolina's Triangle region is trying to avoid being strangled by its own success: Traffic is thickening, drivers are getting stuck in it and there's no simple solution in sight.
- MLB plans to open 2nd replay center in San Francisco Updated: Jun-26-15 11:24 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Major League Baseball plans to open a second replay center in San Francisco.
- Hornets trade 2nd round pick Juan Vaulet to Nets Updated: Jun-26-15 12:35 am
- Hornets take Wisconsin's Kaminsky with 9th pick Updated: Jun-26-15 12:29 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Frank Kaminsky grew up in the Chicago area, the walls of his bedroom decorated with posters of Michael Jordan.
- The Latest: Lanky commissioner stands tall during NBA draft Updated: Jun-25-15 11:31 pm
The Latest from the NBA draft at Barclays Center in New York (All times local):
- Fire at black Georgia church was arson, officials say Updated: Jun-25-15 7:01 pm
MACON, Georgia - A fire that damaged a predominantly black church in middle Georgia has been ruled arson, authorities say.
- Pastor of church damaged by fire forgives suspected arsonist Updated: Jun-25-15 5:12 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The pastor of a predominantly black church damaged by a fire that authorities believe was intentionally set says he forgives whoever was responsible and wants to move forward.
- North Carolina experiencing drought for 1st time in 2 years Updated: Jun-25-15 4:27 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Officials at the State Climate Office at N.C. State University say North Carolina is experiencing drought for the first time in at least two years.
- Grizzlies acquire Matt Barnes from Charlotte Hornets Updated: Jun-25-15 3:05 pm
- Sealed Air Corp. to break ground on new global headquarters Updated: Jun-25-15 4:53 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Sealed Air Corporation, the Fortune 500 company behind Bubble Wrap, plans to hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its new global headquarters at the LakePointe Corporate Center.
- Police look for person who fired shots into full school bus Updated: Jun-25-15 4:52 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police are trying to figure out who fired two gunshots into a school bus loaded with children in southwest Charlotte.
- Crews work to contain large fire at west Charlotte facility Updated: Jun-25-15 4:49 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Officials say more than 75 firefighters worked to contain a large fire at a recycling plant in west Charlotte.
- Hornets to send Henderson, Vonleh to Blazers for Batum Updated: Jun-24-15 10:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets continue to revamp their roster after a disappointing season in which they didn't shoot the ball well and failed to make the playoffs.
- Officials: Fire at black Charlotte church deliberately set Updated: Jun-24-15 5:14 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Investigators with the Charlotte Fire Department say a fire at a predominantly black church is a case of arson.
- Duke Energy plans to dig up, move coal ash from most pits Updated: Jun-23-15 12:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Duke Energy plans to excavate and move coal ash from a dozen more waste ponds in North Carolina, the company said Tuesday, as it works to excavate or safely close pits seeping millions of gallons of contaminated wastewater each day.
- Council approves $7.7M for second phase of streetcar line Updated: Jun-23-15 6:49 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte City Council voted Monday to approve $7.7 million for further design work on the second phase of the streetcar line.
- AP Sources: Hornets to host NBA All-Star game in 2017 Updated: Jun-22-15 5:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets won the bid to host the NBA All-Star game in 2017, people familiar with the situation said Monday.