- More rain, flooding forecast along soggy East Coast Updated: Oct-03-15 1:57 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Rain pummeling parts of the East Coast showed little sign of slackening Saturday, with record-setting precipitation prolonging the soppy misery that has been eased only by news that powerful Hurricane Joaquin will not hit the U.S.
- Police: Woman shot, killed at apartment complex in Charlotte Updated: Oct-03-15 11:19 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Authorities are investigating after they say a woman was shot and killed at an apartment complex in Charlotte.
- Temple beats Charlotte 37-3 for first 4-0 start since 1974 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:59 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jahad Thomas ran for 109 yards and two touchdowns to help Temple beat Charlotte 37-3 in the rain on Friday night for the Owls' first 4-0 start since 1974.
- Man pleads guilty to corporate espionage; awaits sentencing Updated: Oct-02-15 4:23 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Chinese-American researcher has pleaded guilty to stealing trade secrets from his U.S. employers, but his attorneys are hoping to limit the time he serves in prison.
- Statue of North Carolina native Graham endorsed by McCrory Updated: Oct-02-15 4:04 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory says a statue of the Rev. Billy Graham would be a worthy addition to the U.S. Capitol because he exemplifies to many North Carolina residents the state's "values, spirit and faith."
- Man pleads guilty to corporate espionage, awaits sentencing Updated: Oct-02-15 3:22 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A researcher has pleaded guilty to charges that he stole trade secrets from his government and civilian employers, but his attorneys are hoping to limit the time he serves in prison.
- Hornets have big expectations for G Nicolas Batum Updated: Oct-02-15 2:33 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Coach Steve Clifford is intrigued with what he's seen in training camp from guard Nicolas Batum and expects the seven-year NBA veteran to play a major role with the Charlotte Hornets this season.
- Panthers LB Kuechly to miss 3rd game with concussion Updated: Oct-02-15 1:03 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly will miss his third straight game Sunday against Tampa Bay with a concussion.
- Essentials: Asheville from the Biltmore to the honey bar Updated: Oct-01-15 11:18 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville, North Carolina, is an old soul of a city renewed by a hipster vibe. Attractions range from new beer breweries and a honey bar to the 120-year-old Biltmore mansion. You can see artists at work in the River Arts District, then go for a hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains. And while there's plenty to do year-round, fall is particularly lovely. Foliage usually peaks mid- to late October, but depending on weather, color at lower elevations can last into November.
- Panthers CB Norman out to prove he's elite in contract year Updated: Oct-01-15 6:28 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Josh Norman told everyone who'd listen in July that he's one of the elite cover men in the NFL.
- Panthers DE Allen arrives at practice, LB Kuechly still out Updated: Sep-30-15 4:30 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers find themselves in an unusual state of flux for a team off to a perfect 3-0 start.
- NASCAR's Clint Bowyer gets biggest opportunity of his career Updated: Sep-30-15 4:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Clint Bowyer began the season with a three-year contract to drive for Michael Waltrip. He got an even better deal - a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity - before he even completed the first season of his new contract.
- Appeals panel upholds penalties against Bowyer and MWR Updated: Sep-30-15 3:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - An appeals committee has upheld penalties against Clint Bowyer and Michael Waltrip Racing that effectively ends any shot Bowyer had at winning the Sprint Cup championship.
- Panthers place DE Johnson on IR with designation to return Updated: Sep-29-15 6:03 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers announced they have placed defensive end Charles Johnson on injured reserve/designated to return with a hamstring injury.
- DE Jared Allen passes physical, officially joins Panthers Updated: Sep-29-15 1:22 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have announced defensive end Jared Allen has passed his physical, completing the trade with the Chicago Bears.
- 1 dead, 16 injured after Charlotte city bus collision Updated: Sep-29-15 4:31 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Authorities say one person has been killed and 16 have been injured after a Charlotte city bus collided with two other vehicles.
- Clinton heading to Charlotte for fundraiser for her campaign Updated: Sep-29-15 4:10 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hillary Rodham Clinton is heading back to North Carolina to raise money for her presidential campaign.
- NFL exec: Ref didn't tell Newton 'you're not old enough' Updated: Sep-28-15 6:34 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The NFL vice president of officiating says that referee Ed Hochuli insists he never told Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton that he "wasn't old enough" to get a personal foul call during Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints.
- Panthers acquire DE Jared Allen in trade with Bears Updated: Sep-28-15 6:34 pm
- Column: Retirement will give Tony Stewart freedom he seeks Updated: Sep-28-15 3:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tony Stewart picked his way through the crowd surrounding a red carpet at Chicagoland Speedway to make his way to the pre-race driver meeting. Dance music blared from two large speakers at the front of the tent, celebrities and other dignitaries sat in special seats and fans craned their necks for a glimpse of NASCAR's stars.
- Panthers, Saints headed different ways after 3 games Updated: Sep-28-15 2:36 am
- Saints lose to Panthers, fall 3 games back in NFC South Updated: Sep-27-15 8:04 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - New Orleans return specialist Marcus Murphy believes the Saints are close to getting their first win of the season.
- Newton's 3 TDs lead Panthers past Saints 27-22 Updated: Sep-27-15 7:20 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton has the Carolina Panthers off to a perfect start.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Defense leads Florida Atlantic over Charlotte 17-7 Updated: Sep-26-15 10:58 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Ocie Rose scored on a 60-yard interception return late in the fourth quarter to help Florida Atlantic beat Charlotte 17-7 on Saturday night.