- Hornets close with 25-2 run to beat Wizards 101-87 Updated: Nov-25-15 10:23 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Struggling to find their way on offense, the Charlotte Hornets figured the only way to keep their home winning streak alive was to tighten up on defense.
- Hornets agree to multiyear extension with Steve Clifford Updated: Nov-25-15 6:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets have entrusted their short-term future to coach Steve Clifford.
- Panthers coach Rivera embraces superstitions amid win streak Updated: Nov-24-15 5:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It is Sunday morning at Ron Rivera's house and the Carolina Panthers coach sits down to eat a familiar breakfast of cinnamon french toast and ham steak prepared by his wife.
- Panthers DE Alexander suspended for 1 year by NFL Updated: Nov-24-15 4:17 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The NFL has suspended Carolina Panthers defensive Frank Alexander without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse for a third time.
- Road-building exec sentenced for minority-contractor scam Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A politically connected paving contractor was sentenced to 30 months in prison for his role in a bid-rigging and kickback scheme involving nearly $90 million in government highway construction projects.
- Google to buy solar power to run massive NC server farm Updated: Nov-24-15 10:18 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Google says it will offset the tremendous electricity needed for its North Carolina server farm with solar power under a new program that allows corporations to voluntarily pay more for renewable energy.
- Toll lane opponents want to weaken Charlotte's influence Updated: Nov-24-15 6:56 am
CORNELIUS, North Carolina - Opponents of toll lanes proposed for Interstate 77 north of Charlotte want to weaken the city's role on a regional transportation board.
- Walker's 39 points lift Hornets over Kings 127-122 in OT Updated: Nov-23-15 11:21 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Kemba Walker put the Charlotte Hornets in prime position for a big win when he made a driving one-handed scoop layup with 0.7 seconds left in regulation.
- Panthers DE Horton, WR Hill suspended by NFL Updated: Nov-23-15 8:00 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The NFL has announced that Carolina Panthers backup defensive end Wes Horton has been suspended without pay for the team's next four games for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- Some NC homes get small savings as Duke Energy changes rates Updated: Nov-23-15 5:10 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A series of required price adjustments will see the average North Carolina residential customer of Duke Energy Progress saving a little less than $2 a month starting in January.
- Johnson's return should bolster Panthers strong pass rush Updated: Nov-23-15 3:35 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The unbeaten Carolina Panthers already have one of the best pass rushes in the NFL - and more help is on the way.
- Person killed by train in Charlotte Updated: Nov-23-15 12:33 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A pedestrian has been struck and killed by a train in Charlotte.
- Gruden: Panthers QB Newton deserves MVP consideration Updated: Nov-23-15 3:25 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton only seems to be getting better - and more confident - as the Carolina Panthers' perfect season progresses.
- Latest from the NFL: Packers snap three-game skid Updated: Nov-22-15 8:00 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 11th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Redskins flounder again on road, fall to Panthers 44-16 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Washington Redskins might be all right this season if they could just play every game at home.
- Newton throws 5 TDs, unbeaten Panthers top Redskins 44-16 Updated: Nov-22-15 5:59 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton has never liked being referred to as a running quarterback.
- Charlotte man indicted for role in theft of $1M Updated: Nov-21-15 10:48 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Charlotte man has been indicted for his role in stealing $1 million from 90 accounts at the financial services company TIAA-CREF.
- Jefferson, Hornets drop 76ers to 0-13 Updated: Nov-20-15 11:55 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The times that Al Jefferson is most confident he'll have a good game are not when the Hornets center is going against a rookie, and not even when he's facing a winless team.
- Veteran shocked after he says man accused him of being fraud Updated: Nov-20-15 8:21 am
GASTONIA, North Carolina - A Marine and Vietnam veteran says he was shocked after he says a man at the airport in Charlotte accused him of faking his military honors.
- AAA Carolinas says 1.3 million to travel over Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-20-15 4:01 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - AAA Carolinas says an estimated 1,353,000 North Carolinians are expected to travel 50 miles or more from home during the Thanksgiving holiday, a modest increase over last year.
- Scott scores 21 points to lead Charlotte over Furman 77-68 Updated: Nov-19-15 9:40 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Curran Scott scored 21 points in 21 minutes and Charlotte beat Furman 77-68 on Thursday night.
- Carolina Panthers to increase security at stadium for Sunday Updated: Nov-19-15 2:01 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Officials with the Carolina Panthers say security at Bank of America Stadium will be heightened for Sunday's game in light of the recent terrorist attacks in Paris.
- Batum's 24 points lead Hornets over Nets, 116-111 Updated: Nov-18-15 10:54 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Nicolas Batum returned to form and the Charlotte Hornets returned to their winning ways.
- Public safety secretary doesn't back off on donor's comments Updated: Nov-18-15 9:10 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two Cabinet-level executives in Gov. Pat McCrory's administration went before lawmakers Wednesday and defended their actions surrounding the extension of three prison maintenance contracts held by a McCrory political donor and friend.
- Newton has no plans to stop TD dances, says "I am who I am' Updated: Nov-18-15 6:43 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton has no plans to stop dancing - even though some critics may think his touchdown celebrations are a bit excessive.