- Man charged with robbery, assault of woman in Alabama Updated: Feb-13-16 4:48 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - Police say a man accused of assaulting a woman with a shotgun and robbing her after she refused to pay him money back has been arrested.
- Florence officer credited with saving stabbing victim's life Updated: Feb-12-16 5:19 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - A Florence police officer has been credited with saving the life of a man who says his 71-year-old wife stabbed him multiple times and then sprayed him with paint.
- Man found dead under a bridge in northwest Alabama Updated: Feb-07-16 2:41 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - Police say the body of a man has been found underneath a bridge in northwest Alabama.
- African Children's Choir to perform in Florence Updated: Feb-07-16 11:00 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Since 1984, the African Children's Choir has been giving kids from across the continent of Africa a chance to improve their lives.
- Alabama deputy shot while serving papers; suspect also shot Updated: Feb-04-16 7:13 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - A northwestern Alabama deputy and a suspect have both been wounded after a shootout in Florence.
- Northwest Alabama at risk for severe weather Tuesday Updated: Feb-01-16 8:51 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The National Weather Service says residents of northwest Alabama are at risk for severe weather on Tuesday.
- Women, youngsters dominate in rock field at Grammy Awards Updated: Jan-28-16 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - For years, men - and legacy acts - have dominated in the rock category at the Grammy Awards, leaving little room for female stars who rock as loud and hard as the guys and young bands hoping to breakthrough on the music scene.
- Investigators learn about killings by romantic partners Updated: Jan-25-16 2:48 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - More than 30 law enforcement officers from around the Southeast gathered in northwest Alabama to learn more about killings involving romantic partners.
- Report details Unabomber's handwritten prison correspondence Updated: Jan-25-16 2:00 am
FLORENCE, Colorado - In handwritten letters to hundreds of supporters and curiosity seekers, Unabomber Ted Kaczynski expressed shock over the 9/11 attacks and wrote that he preferred Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama in the 2008 Democratic presidential race.
- 2 Alabama towns hoping for safe return of missing Marines Updated: Jan-19-16 11:59 am
FLORALA, Alabama - Two Alabama cities are hoping for the return of a pair of hometown Marines who are among the dozen people missing after two helicopters crashed off the coast of Hawaii.