- 5 Things to Know in Florida for May 27 Updated: May-26-15 5:27 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Judge tosses portion of lawsuit in girl's bullying death Updated: May-22-15 9:41 am
LAKELAND, Florida - A judge has tossed a portion of a lawsuit that alleged negligence against a cement company in the death of a 12-year-old central Florida girl who committed suicide after being bullied.
- Lego-themed hotel opens in Central Florida Updated: May-16-15 3:06 am
WINTER HAVEN, Florida - A long-awaited Lego-themed hotel in central Florida has opened, and aficionados of the brightly colored brick toys can now rejoice.
- Florida Department of Citrus seeks help from taxpayers Updated: May-14-15 3:04 am
BARTOW, Florida - The Florida Department of Citrus is seeking relief from the state's taxpayers for the effects of the deadly citrus greening disease.
- Central Florida markets offer best returns on home flipping Updated: May-11-15 4:22 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Three housing markets in central Florida were among the top in the nation when it comes to profits for home flipping.
- $4.6 million UCF study wages war on deadly citrus greening Updated: May-05-15 3:04 am
ORLANDO, Florida - A five-year, $4.6 million research program at the University of Central Florida is testing a possible bactericide against the deadly citrus greening disease that's devastating the state's citrus groves.
- Growers hoping to build robotic strawberry picker Updated: May-03-15 1:17 am
PLANT CITY, Florida - Automated harvesting is the Holy Grail for most agricultural commodities, so a group of knights errant from the Florida strawberry industry have begun a quest to build a robotic strawberry picker.
- Florida growers worry about Cuban imports Updated: May-02-15 12:41 pm
WINTER HAVEN, Florida - Some of Florida's agriculture experts say normalizing relations with Cuba could threaten the state's citrus and vegetable crops.
- Lakeland pays woman at center of police sex scandal Updated: Apr-29-15 5:05 am
LAKELAND, Florida - The city of Lakeland has paid a woman at the center of a sex scandal at the Lakeland Police Department $28,500 to withdraw a complaint she filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging she was mistreated.