- Network says signal of Egyptian satire show jammed Updated: Mar-08-14 2:35 pm
- Egypt passes presidential election law Updated: Mar-08-14 1:07 pm
- Egypt's military chief making plans for campaign Updated: Mar-08-14 12:31 pm
- Entrepreneurship grows in Egypt's flailing economy Updated: Mar-07-14 2:11 am
- Australian parents shocked as son caged in Egypt Updated: Mar-06-14 4:23 am
- US activist says Egypt police assaulted her Updated: Mar-04-14 3:55 pm
- AP names chief of AP's Arabic language service Updated: Feb-24-14 2:35 pm
- AP INTERVIEW: Female party head doubts Egypt path Updated: Feb-24-14 2:22 pm
- South Korean tourists killed in Sinai bombing Updated: Feb-16-14 6:17 pm
- Putin backs Egypt army chief's run for president Updated: Feb-13-14 3:38 pm
- Egypt military chief heads to Moscow in rare visit Updated: Feb-12-14 5:08 pm
- Egyptian government to ban import of 3-wheelers Updated: Feb-12-14 10:37 am
- Violence risks turning Egypt to jihadi front Updated: Feb-07-14 2:01 pm
CAIRO - The signal of a Saudi-based television network was deliberately jammed while airing the show of Egypt's top satirist, the broadcaster's spokesman said Saturday, the latest disruption to hit the popular program.
CAIRO - Egypt's interim president on Saturday issued a much-anticipated decree governing an upcoming presidential election that clears the way for a vote many expect will be won by the country's military chief.
CAIRO - As he nears announcing a run for Egypt's presidency, Field Marshal Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi has been focusing on preparing an economic program, senior generals and government officials say, demonstrating the wariness within the military over the scale of problems facing the country.
CAIRO - In Egypt's newest reality television show, contestants sold fruit juice from push carts in Cairo's busiest market and later organized a desert safari for tourists, hustling to make sales in the capital's crowded streets.
BRISBANE, Australia - The parents of an Australian journalist jailed in Egypt said Thursday they were haunted and depressed by images of their son caged in a Cairo courtroom.
CAIRO - The co-founder of U.S.-based anti-war group CodePink said Tuesday that Egyptian police detained her at Cairo's international airport when she tried to enter the country on route to the Gaza Strip and treated her roughly, fracturing her shoulder as they handcuffed her before deporting her.
CAIRO - Lamia Radi, a veteran journalist who has reported on war and transformation for three decades throughout the Middle East, has been appointed as the new chief of AP's Arabic language service, the news cooperative announced Monday.
CAIRO - The first woman elected to head an Egyptian political party expressed doubt over the country's transition to democracy on Monday, criticizing the interim authorities' increasing intolerance of dissent.
CAIRO - An explosion tore through a bus filled with South Korean sightseers in the Sinai Peninsula on Sunday, killing at least four people and raising fears that Islamic militants have renewed a bloody campaign to wreck Egypt's tourism industry.
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday wished Egypt's military chief victory in the nation's presidential vote, even though he has yet to announce his bid - a strong endorsement signaling Moscow's desire to expand its military and other ties with a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.
CAIRO - Egypt's military chief headed to Russia Wednesday on his first trip abroad since ousting the country's Islamist president, part of a shift to reduce reliance on the United States at a time of frictions between the longtime allies.
CAIRO - The Egyptian government says it will outlaw the import of three-wheeled motorized vehicles known as "tok-toks" in an attempt to alleviate traffic congestion.
CAIRO - An Islamic militant group that has waged a campaign of bombings and assassinations for months in Egypt has quickly advanced in weaponry and sophistication of attacks, drawing on the experience of Egyptians who fought in Syria's civil war.