- EgyptAir pilots threaten to resign, talks set for Saturday Updated: May-06-15 2:32 pm
CAIRO - Union officials say 224 EgyptAir pilots have threatened to resign after disputes with the company and will meet with managers and civil aviation officials this weekend for talks.
- Egypt's deposed autocrat Mubarak turns 87, waves to fans Updated: May-04-15 2:36 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's deposed longtime autocrat Hosni Mubarak celebrated his 87th birthday Monday by waving to some 100 supporters gathered outside of the military hospital where he is being held in Cairo.
- Egyptian doorman makes a rare trip home Updated: May-04-15 3:58 am
ABU AL-NASR, Egypt - Salama Osman's day begins before the tenants of his Cairo apartment building wake and ends only after the last returns home at night, a work week without weekends. Except this week.
- Spain, Egypt to study Cairo-Luxor bullet train link Updated: Apr-30-15 10:11 am
MADRID - Spain and Egypt have agreed to study the feasibility of a bullet-train link between the Egyptian capital of Cairo and the ancient southern city of Luxor.
- As war rages at home, thousands from Yemen stranded in Egypt Updated: Apr-28-15 5:20 am
CAIRO - As a Shiite rebel offensive and Saudi-led airstrikes rage on in Yemen, thousands of Yemenis remain stuck in Egypt, unable to return home.
- Chiefs of Arab armies in Cairo discuss forming joint force Updated: Apr-22-15 5:06 am
CAIRO - Army commanders of Arab states have gathered in Cairo to discuss the formation of a joint force to be used to intervene in regional crises and combat terrorism.
- Egypt court sentences belly dancer for 'insulting' flag Updated: Apr-20-15 12:56 pm
CAIRO - An Egyptian court has sentenced a popular Armenian belly dancer to six months in prison for "insulting the Egyptian flag" after she allegedly wore a tight dress in its red, white and black color scheme.
- Egypt's president meets CIA director in Cairo for talks Updated: Apr-19-15 2:58 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's president has held talks with CIA director John Brennan in Cairo that touched on regional conflicts and terrorism.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Apr-18-15 6:03 pm
Islamic State group blamed for Afghan suicide bombing killing 35, a potential major escalation
- Egypt runners defy Cairo mayhem as sport's popularity grows Updated: Apr-18-15 10:03 am
CAIRO - Young Egyptians are once again organizing on social media and taking to the streets of Cairo by the hundreds every Friday, not to protest injustice or clash with police, but to enjoy long runs through one of the world's most crowded and chaotic cities.
- Egypt official says she burned books 'corrupting' children Updated: Apr-15-15 4:10 pm
CAIRO - An Egyptian education official under investigation for burning library books from a school suspected of belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood defended her decision Wednesday, saying she herself is under fire for trying to weed out extremist ideas that "corrupt" children.
- Egypt to destroy torched building of Mubarak's party Updated: Apr-15-15 12:29 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's government on Wednesday ordered the army's corps of engineers to demolish the headquarters of ousted President Hosni Mubarak's now-defunct party, a towering structure on the Nile which was torched by protesters during the 2011 uprising that ended his rule.
- Egypt court upholds ban on Libyan from country for being gay Updated: Apr-14-15 2:40 pm
CAIRO - An Egyptian administrative court has upheld a decision by the Interior Ministry banning a Libyan student from returning to the country because he is gay.
- Egypt militants behind Cairo blast name new leader Updated: Apr-10-15 8:28 am
CAIRO - The Egyptian militant group behind a deadly Cairo bombing earlier this week has appointed a new leader after his predecessor was killed in a police shootout, while a separate group operating in the Sinai Peninsula claimed the killing of two police officers.
- Gabon chosen as host of 2017 African Cup - again Updated: Apr-08-15 1:09 pm
The African Cup of Nations will return to familiar territory in 2017 after Gabon was chosen as host Wednesday to replace Libya, sending the tournament back to the country that co-hosted it just three years ago.
- Sepp Blatter doesn't want Israel suspended Updated: Apr-07-15 12:09 pm
CAIRO - FIFA President Sepp Blatter says he does not want to see Israel suspended from world football for allegedly hampering teams in Palestine and will try to make sure it doesn't happen at FIFA's congress next month.
- Africa promises Blatter unanimous support Updated: Apr-07-15 12:02 pm
Every one of Africa's 54 member countries will vote for Sepp Blatter in next month's FIFA presidential election, the continent's soccer boss said on Tuesday, referring to the 79-year-old Swiss as "dear Sepp."
- Blatter back among friends: Africa ready to show its support Updated: Apr-06-15 8:50 am
The three men challenging Sepp Blatter for the most powerful job in world soccer can see for themselves this week just how difficult it will be to remove the Swiss as FIFA president.