- Judge: no dismissal for school worker accused of sex assault Updated: Feb-05-16 7:11 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A judge has denied a motion to dismiss sexual assault charges against a suspended northern New Jersey school guidance counselor.
- Official: Man accused in 2014 slaying was properly cared for Updated: Feb-04-16 4:55 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey jail official has denied allegations that a former New York City police officer accused of throwing himself in front of a train after hacking his ex-girlfriend to death has been mistreated.
- Ex-NYC mayoral aide's son accused of stabbing teen to death Updated: Feb-02-16 6:02 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - The son of a former aide to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's wife knew the man he is charged with fatally stabbing, according to a prosecutor who told a judge Tuesday that both men were drug dealers.
- The Latest: Son of ex-aide pleads not guilty in stabbing Updated: Feb-02-16 12:14 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - The Latest on the arrest of the son of a former aide to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's wife (all times local):
- Man pleads not guilty to murder charges in wife's slaying Updated: Feb-01-16 3:36 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man accused of killing his wife has pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges.
- Former NYPD officer pleads not guilty in machete killing Updated: Jan-28-16 5:22 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A former New York City police officer who authorities say threw himself in front of a train after hacking his former girlfriend to death with a machete pleaded not guilty on Thursday to murder.
- Jets to pay $324K to settle cheerleaders' wage lawsuit Updated: Jan-27-16 5:52 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have agreed to pay nearly $324,000 to settle a class-action lawsuit filed by cheerleaders who claimed that they were cheated out of wages and forced to cover work-related expenses.
- Woman found dead in car at New Jersey fast-food restaurant Updated: Jan-25-16 11:56 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - An elderly New York woman who voiced concern about driving home during the weekend snowstorm was found dead Monday in her car at a fast-food restaurant in northern New Jersey.
- Mount St. Mary's handles Fairleigh Dickinson 87-72 Updated: Jan-24-16 6:41 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Gregory Graves scored 22 points and Mount St. Mary's took an 87-72 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Sunday.
- Ex-cop heading to prison in killing of longtime friend Updated: Jan-20-16 3:54 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A former northern New Jersey police officer has been sentenced in the 2011 slaying of a longtime friend who was stabbed and beaten with a hammer.
- New Jersey teen arrested for online threat at Indiana school Updated: Jan-19-16 5:13 pm
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - Police say a 17-year-old New Jersey youth has been extradited to southern Indiana to face prosecution over a threat directed against a school on Facebook.
- Police report bomb threats against 9 New Jersey schools Updated: Jan-19-16 12:27 pm
CLIFTON, New Jersey - Authorities say bomb threats have been made against schools in at least nine New Jersey towns, but none of the threats considered valid.
- In King's name, group helps ex-inmates re-enter society Updated: Jan-17-16 10:56 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - It was from inside a jail cell in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1963 that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., under arrest for leading a civil-rights march, wrote that "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- No injuries reported when New Jersey Transit bus hits pole Updated: Jan-13-16 2:18 pm
CARLSTADT, New Jersey - A New Jersey Transit bus struck a utility pole in Carlstadt, but authorities say no one aboard the vehicle was injured.
- Fairleigh Dickinson beats CCSU 92-73 Updated: Jan-09-16 4:06 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Earl Potts Jr. scored 22 points and Fairleigh Dickinson took a 92-73 victory over Central Connecticut State on Saturday.