- Pope says 'catastrophic' if interests derail climate talks Updated: Nov-26-15 1:18 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Pope Francis warned Thursday that it would be "catastrophic" for world leaders to let special interest groups get in the way of a global agreement to curb fossil fuel emissions as he brought his environmental message to the heart of Africa on the eve of crucial climate change talks in Paris.
- The Latest: Pope condemns illegal trade in ivory, diamonds Updated: Nov-26-15 10:56 am
NAIROBI, Kenya -
- Toxic Kenya dump embodies pope's environmental concern Updated: Nov-24-15 10:27 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Using hooks or their bare hands, men, women and children traipse through the murky sludge that pools around the mountains of garbage, hunting for bottles, plastic bags and anything else that can be recycled to earn themselves enough for their daily bread.
- Kenya declares public holiday for papal Mass Updated: Nov-24-15 7:38 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - The Kenyan government has declared a national public holiday the day Pope Francis will celebrate Mass here, drawing an expected 1.4 million people.
- In Kenyan town, Christians worship under police guard Updated: Nov-23-15 10:28 am
GARISSA, Kenya - As song and prayer drifted from the open, ivy-lined doorways of a Catholic church in Garissa, several security officials, including Muslims, stood watch on the grounds nearby.
- Kenyan officials: 1.4 million expected to attend Pope's mass Updated: Nov-08-15 12:16 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - An estimated 1.4 million people are expected to attend a mass officiated by Pope Francis when he visits Kenya country on his first trip Africa, Catholic church officials and Kenyan authorities said Sunday.
- Tribal tensions resurface again in Kenya, worrying many Updated: Nov-06-15 11:49 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Hundreds of young men armed with machetes cheered as a ruling party lawmaker called for attacks on opponents of a project to create part-time jobs for youths in his constituency.