- Kenya officials: Death toll of collapsed building up to 20 Updated: May-01-16 1:08 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan rescuers continued searching for survivors Sunday of a residential building in a low income area that collapsed Friday, as officials said the death toll has risen to 20 and 73 people remain missing.
- Officials: Collapsed Kenyan building had no occupancy permit Updated: Apr-30-16 3:34 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A building that collapsed amid heavy rains in Nairobi, killing at least 12 people and injuring at least 134, did not have an occupancy permit, officials said Saturday as they ordered its owner to turn himself in.
- Kenya burns huge pile of ivory tusks to protest poaching Updated: Apr-30-16 12:26 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's president set fire Saturday to 105 tons of elephant ivory and more than 1 ton of rhino horn, believed to be the largest stockpile ever destroyed, in a dramatic statement by this East African country against the trade in ivory and products from endangered species.
- Kenya: Large pyres set up for massive burn of ivory Updated: Apr-28-16 12:41 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan authorities have built towering pyres of more than 100 tons of elephant tusks that will be burned on Saturday, in what wildlife officials believe will be the largest single destruction of ivory in history.
- Kenya: Opposition leaders tear-gassed in protest Updated: Apr-25-16 10:46 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan opposition leaders have been tear-gassed as they led hundreds of supporters to the electoral commission offices to demand that it is disbanded for being biased.
- Kenya: Group launches case seeking to decriminalize gay sex Updated: Apr-15-16 11:36 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - A Kenyan rights group says it is going to court to decriminalize gay sexual relations between consenting adults.
- IAAF dismisses Athletics Kenya CEO's challenge Updated: Apr-08-16 11:24 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - The IAAF's ethics board on Friday rejected an appeal from the CEO of Kenya's track and field federation against his provisional suspension for allegedly soliciting bribes from two athletes.