- 3 species of endangered mussels bolstered in Big South Fork Updated: Aug-26-15 4:05 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The populations of three endangered species of freshwater mussels have been bolstered with more than 100 juvenile members of the species added to the Big South Fork of Cumberland River.
- Wildlife education center adds bobcat kitten, bald eagle Updated: Aug-26-15 3:35 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Salato Wildlife Education Center at Frankfort has added a young bald eagle and a bobcat kitten to its collection of exhibit animals.
- Abuse charge leads to new look at man's malnutrition death Updated: Aug-20-15 2:01 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky officials are reviewing the 2009 malnutrition death of a disabled man after his sister was charged in Michigan with locking another sibling in a closet for years, a coroner said Thursday.
- Drew Curtis files paperwork for independent bid for governor Updated: Aug-10-15 4:28 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In the Republican and Democratic primaries for Kentucky governor, 46 percent of voters cast their ballots for someone other than the two major party nominees.
- Woman arrested in death of Frankfort man found in apartment Updated: Aug-09-15 12:44 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Authorities have arrested a woman in the death of a man whose body was found in his apartment.
- Panel is keeping Jefferson Davis statue in Kentucky Capitol Updated: Aug-05-15 6:13 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky commission will not remove a statue of Jefferson Davis from the state Capitol, saying the likeness of the Confederate president juxtaposes nicely with an imposing statue of fellow Kentucky native Abraham Lincoln as a testimony to the state's divisive history during and after the Civil War.
- Dix Communications selling The State Journal Updated: Aug-05-15 11:37 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The State Journal, which has been published by Dix Communications for more than 50 years, is being sold to Boone Newspapers Inc.
- Sheriff's office asks drug dealers to turn in their rivals Updated: Aug-04-15 7:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky sheriff's office has posted a flyer on its Facebook page asking drug dealers to turn in their rivals.