- Coralville man arrested after woman found hiding in suitcase Updated: Jul-04-15 5:25 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - A Coralville man has been arrested on suspicion of probation violation after an officer found a woman hiding inside a suitcase in his home.
- Another trial date set for Iowan charged with sexual abuse Updated: Jul-03-15 9:40 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Another trial date has been set for an Iowa City man accused of having sex with incapacitated women.
- Judge overturns sex assault conviction of ex-U. Iowa student Updated: Jul-02-15 4:30 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A judge has overturned the conviction of an imprisoned former University of Iowa honors student who is charged with raping a fellow student, citing misconduct by the prosecutor and errors by his defense lawyer.
- Iowa City church opposes planned Chauncey tower Updated: Jul-02-15 12:32 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City church that's across the street from the site of the planned Chauncey tower has filed a court petition opposing the project.
- Audit criticizes Iowa agencies over IT contracts, spending Updated: Jul-01-15 6:03 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Three Iowa executive branch agencies had missteps on major information technology projects that featured questionable dealings with contractors, state auditors reported Wednesday.
- Mayor wants nude painting moved from gallery's front window Updated: Jul-01-15 6:52 am
TIPTON, Iowa - The mayor of an eastern Iowa city wants a downtown art gallery to remove a painting of a partially nude woman from the gallery's front window.
- Central Iowa city holds raffle to use Taser on officials Updated: Jul-01-15 6:31 am
VAN METER, Iowa - For $5, residents in Van Meter are getting the chance to use a police Taser on a city official.
- Chinese student faces prosecution in China for Iowa slaying Updated: Jun-30-15 8:42 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Chinese authorities have arrested a former University of Iowa student in southeastern China and say they will prosecute him in the slaying of his girlfriend in Iowa, where her body was found stuffed into the truck of her car, Iowa City police said.
- Jury rejects conservative's bias suit against U. Iowa dean Updated: Jun-29-15 7:44 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The former dean of the University of Iowa law school didn't commit illegal political discrimination when she passed over a conservative lawyer for teaching jobs, a jury ruled Monday.
- Iowa Board of Regents cuts job of longtime spokeswoman Updated: Jun-29-15 5:55 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The board that governs Iowa's public universities has let go a 29-year employee who had been its spokeswoman for years.
- Group hopes to soon break ground on housing development Updated: Jun-29-15 5:17 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A group in Iowa City hopes to finally break ground this summer on a housing development in which residents will share activities such as cooking and child care.
- Iowa Board of Regents to part ways with top legal counsel Updated: Jun-28-15 11:55 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The governing board for Iowa's three public universities is cutting ties with the man who has served as its top lawyer for over a decade, as part of several ongoing personnel changes.
- Iowa bicyclist accused of groping women he pedaled past Updated: Jun-27-15 1:29 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa City police have arrested a man accused of groping several women while he pedaled past them on a bicycle.
- Iowa court lauds woman who killed as teen but denies release Updated: Jun-26-15 4:26 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The parole board, not a judge, must decide whether to release a woman who has been rehabilitated in prison after killing a man in 1987 when she was a teenager, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- After investigation, Iowa State Patrol official gets new job Updated: Jun-25-15 3:34 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - One of three veteran Iowa State Patrol officials put on leave during a tightly-guarded internal investigation has been transferred into a newly created administrative position.
- Iowa City man gets 50 years for beating death of child Updated: Jun-24-15 7:31 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City man has received a 50-year prison sentence for beating a 20-month-old boy to death in 2012.
- Court: Iowa universities can't be sued for unpaid state fees Updated: Jun-24-15 2:04 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa's three public universities cannot be sued for allegedly refusing to pay their share into a state program that subsidizes insurance for Iowa residents who have health risks, the Iowa Court of Appeals said Wednesday.
- Iowa expecting dip in season ticket sales Updated: Jun-23-15 4:30 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa expects its number of season tickets sold to drop by as many as 4,000 this fall.
- New Hancher Auditorium expected to open in 2016 Updated: Jun-21-15 1:26 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - In a meeting room on the third floor of Seashore Hall, which has served as a not-so-temporary office for Hancher's administrative staff during these post-flood years, there's a wall lined with calendar pages.
- Regulator explains decision to take part in pipeline case Updated: Jun-19-15 5:31 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The new Iowa Utilities Board chairwoman is explaining her decision to participate in a vote on a major oil pipeline despite a potential conflict of interest.
- Iowa City moves to treat electronic cigarettes like tobacco Updated: Jun-17-15 9:32 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Officials in Iowa City have given initial approval to a ban on smoking electronic cigarettes in places where it's illegal to smoke tobacco products.
- West Branch Mayor Mark Worrell dies at 52 Updated: Jun-17-15 8:38 am
WEST BRANCH, Iowa - West Branch Mayor Mark Worrell, who'd served his eastern Iowa city over more than 19 years in public office, has died.
- Former Iowa city clerk accused of theft while on the job Updated: Jun-17-15 7:01 am
GARWIN, Iowa - A former city clerk for the eastern Iowa city of Garwin has been charged with theft after a state audit found more than $562,000 in improper and unsupported spending.
- Iowa hires contractor to track state workers' medical leave Updated: Jun-16-15 4:22 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa's state government has hired a company to track employee absences at a cost of $32,000 per month, seeking to improve its management of the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Authorities ID woman killed in Iowa mall shooting Updated: Jun-13-15 9:10 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - A woman shot and killed in an eastern Iowa shopping mall was a 20-year-old employee of a children's museum inside the mall and knew the man who shot her, authorities said Saturday.