- Man gets 90-year sentence in fatal after-hours bar shooting Updated: Nov-17-15 3:17 am
SCHENECTADY, New York - A 37-year-old man has been sentenced to serve 90 years to life in prison after he was convicted of shooting an upstate New York man in the back of the head at an illegal after-hours bar.
- Gift Guide: Gadgets that make your wrist smarter Updated: Nov-10-15 12:47 pm
SCHENECTADY, New York - If you're looking for a device to track your fitness, alert you to incoming messages and occasionally let you buy stuff with a scan or a tap, there's no shortage of computerized wristwatches to choose from.
- GE completes $10.6 billion acquisition Alstom division Updated: Nov-02-15 12:35 pm
SCHENECTADY, New York - General Electric Co. said Monday it has completed a $10.6 billion acquisition of the power and transmission division of French manufacturer Alstom.
- Appeals court rejects appeals in separate cases Updated: Nov-02-15 3:55 am
SCHENECTADY, New York - An appeals court has upheld the convictions of a pair of prisoners serving lengthy prison terms in upstate New York.
- Canines to celebrate NY's new dining-with-dogs law Updated: Nov-02-15 2:01 am
SCHENECTADY, New York - Dogs and their human companions are marking New York state's new law allowing dogs into outdoor dining areas at restaurants.
- Police launch probe after bones found in Schenectady Updated: Oct-31-15 5:23 pm
SCHENCTADY, New York - Police have launched an investigation after a contractor unearthed bones in the backyard of a Schenectady home.
- Construction of new Schenectady train station set for 2016 Updated: Oct-30-15 6:55 am
SCHENECTADY, New York - Bids are going out for the construction of a new train station in the city of Schenectady.
- NY man admits robbing 2 upstate banks, 1 in South Carolina Updated: Oct-30-15 6:31 am
ALBANY, New York - Federal prosecutors say a 50-year-old New York man has pleaded guilty to robbing two upstate banks and a third in South Carolina.
- NY agency to protect the disabled rarely brings charges Updated: Oct-28-15 4:50 pm
SCHENECTADY, New York - In a video he made with his PlayStation, a 12-year-old developmentally disabled boy in a group home points to his swollen right eye and says, "Mom, this is what it looks like. ... He slammed me."