- Stony Brook against Toledo canceled Updated: Sep-04-15 1:26 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The season opening contest between Stony Brook and Toledo was canceled due to severe weather on Thursday night.
- Teen dies 3 weeks after stabbing left younger brother dead Updated: Sep-03-15 4:19 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Family members say a 16-year-old Toledo girl has died three weeks after she was stabbed during an attack at home that also left her younger brother dead.
- Detroit excursion boat making move to new home in New York Updated: Sep-02-15 7:17 am
DETROIT - A Detroit excursion boat that ferried passengers to the defunct Boblo Island amusement park is on its way to its new home in New York.
- Tigers recall pitcher Kyle Ryan, catcher Bryan Holaday Updated: Sep-01-15 7:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Detroit Tigers recalled left-hander Kyle Ryan and catcher Bryan Holaday from Triple-A Toledo on Tuesday.
- Union: Fiat says Jeep Wrangler staying in Ohio, not Cherokee Updated: Sep-01-15 6:26 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Fiat Chrysler assembly plant managers told workers Tuesday that Jeep Wrangler production will stay in the city where the vehicle's roots date to World War II, but they also delivered a surprising announcement that the Jeep Cherokee line would be sent out of state, union leaders said.
- Ohio man who bit off part of wife's lover's ear is sentenced Updated: Aug-31-15 2:04 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - An Ohio man who bit off part of his wife's lover's ear after finding them in bed together has been sentenced to six months in a correctional treatment center.
- University of Toledo approves partnership with health system Updated: Aug-30-15 1:04 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - An agreement linking the University of Toledo's medical college with a northwestern Ohio-based nonprofit health system will generate millions of dollars for the school, officials said.
- Ex-lawyer accused of hypnotizing women charged in Ohio Updated: Aug-29-15 5:23 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A former Cleveland-area attorney accused of hypnotizing women for his sexual pleasure has been charged with kidnapping, sexual battery and gross sexual imposition following an investigation that began last fall.
- Former Toledo mayor joins crowded field to bid for 4th term Updated: Aug-29-15 1:37 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A former three-term mayor of Toledo is jumping into this year's special election for mayor in the state's fourth-largest city.
- Algae in western Lake Erie eats into fishing business Updated: Aug-29-15 11:47 am
OAK HARBOR, Ohio - Thick mats of algae spreading across western Lake Erie in recent weeks appear to be pushing one of the region's most-prized sport fish to flee, forcing some charter boat captains to cancel trips. At least one told out-of-state visitors hoping to catch walleye to stay home for now.
- Toledo police are searching for 3 thieves who stole 3 Jeeps Updated: Aug-28-15 12:29 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Toledo police are searching for three suspects who stole three Jeeps from the city's Chrysler Assembly Plant parking lot this past weekend.
- State: Brown water in northern Ohio village is safe to drink Updated: Aug-23-15 11:31 am
MCCOMB, Ohio - The brownish-colored water coming out of the taps in a northwestern Ohio village isn't appealing, but it is safe to drink, according to a spokeswoman for the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
- Discovery of WWII soldier's letters forms new family bonds Updated: Aug-23-15 10:31 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Bill Genson never knew much about his uncle who died in World War II. His absence was too painful for his mother to talk about, although she slept next to a photo of him in uniform on her nightstand.
- Health company relocation to downtown Toledo gets final OK Updated: Aug-23-15 9:46 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A health care company that has received final approval to move 1,000 jobs into downtown Toledo says its new office should be ready in early 2017.
- Plan for Toledo Zoo plan calls for more year-round exhibits Updated: Aug-22-15 12:04 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The Toledo Zoo is trying to offer a more year-round experience and lessen the effect of northwest Ohio's harsh winters.
- Officers pay respects to Ohio police dog killed in shooting Updated: Aug-20-15 2:13 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Police officers in Ohio have paid their respects to a police dog killed in the line of duty.
- Toledo nursing college reprimanded for exam requirement Updated: Aug-17-15 8:28 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university program has been reprimanded for violating Ohio Board of Nursing policies by changing requirements for students in the middle of an academic program.
- Despite record sales, Jeep Wrangler's future cloudy in Ohio Updated: Aug-16-15 12:01 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - More Jeep Wranglers are being sold than ever before and company officials say employees are working weekends to keep up with demand.
- Ohio troopers search for man who fired at cruiser on I-75 Updated: Aug-16-15 9:52 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - State troopers in northwestern Ohio have arrested one man and are searching for another man who they believed fired several shots at a patrol cruiser traveling on Interstate 75.
- Ohio zoo to take cubs of bear that killed Yellowstone hiker Updated: Aug-14-15 12:31 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - An Ohio zoo will take the two cubs of a grizzly bear that was euthanized after it killed a hiker in Yellowstone National Park.
- Report: Communication, timing factor into firefighter deaths Updated: Aug-14-15 9:16 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - An internal report on a blaze that killed two northwest Ohio firefighters at an apartment house says communications problems and a delayed arrival contributed to their deaths.
- Police dog, suspect dead after chase, standoff in Ohio Updated: Aug-13-15 6:25 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Authorities say a police dog chasing two suspected car thieves was fatally shot, and one suspect was found dead after a standoff in Ohio.
- Toledo ready for another shot at Northern Illinois in MAC Updated: Aug-13-15 3:21 pm
DETROIT - The Toledo Rockets have had five consecutive winning seasons and went to a bowl four times in that span.
- Ohio mom charged in death of baby who had skull fractures Updated: Aug-13-15 2:07 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - An Ohio woman charged with aggravated murder in the death of her 6-month-old son is being held on $1 million bond.
- Ohio medical school settles suit over gauze left in woman Updated: Aug-12-15 3:19 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university in northern Ohio will pay a Toledo woman $250,000 after a doctor at its medical center left a piece of surgical gauze in her body.