- Bishop addresses Diocese of Toledo's financial challenges Updated: Nov-28-15 12:25 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The Catholic Diocese of Toledo faces "serious financial challenges" that will require the sale of diocese assets and other changes, the bishop told parishioners in a recent letter.
- Ohio water plants push back on algae testing Updated: Nov-28-15 11:22 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Cities and counties that operate water treatment plants around Ohio are pushing back against a state proposal to require weekly tests for toxic algae in drinking water, arguing that monitoring isn't needed year round and that it would cost too much, according to an Associated Press review.
- Western Michigan upsets No. 24 Toledo to give NIU division Updated: Nov-27-15 6:04 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - From 1-11 to a piece of a division title and the program's first victory against a ranked team, a lot has happened in the last three years for Western Michigan. The pinnacle came Friday.
- Official: College's enrollment drop due to stronger economy Updated: Nov-26-15 9:42 am
PERRYSBURG, Ohio - Enrollment at a community college in northwestern Ohio has fallen to less than half what it was in 2009.
- AP Picks: Feast of major implications for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 am
Every team in the AP Top 25 is playing this weekend in a total of 18 games. All these games will be:
- Bond set for man accused of raising money for terrorists Updated: Nov-24-15 11:11 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - One of four men accused of trying to send money to an al-Qaida leader will be able to leave jail once his family posts bond, a federal magistrate decided.
- McClendon hired to manage Triple-A Toledo Updated: Nov-23-15 5:23 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Lloyd McClendon is returning to the Detroit organization as manager of the Tigers' Triple-A team.
- Crews begin pumping oil cargo from sunken barge in Lake Erie Updated: Nov-21-15 5:51 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Salvage crews have begun an underwater operation to pump a hazardous oil-based substance from a sunken barge that apparently had been sitting undiscovered on the bottom of Lake Erie for nearly 80 years.
- Gloria Steinem returns to Ohio hometown, talks politics Updated: Nov-21-15 9:47 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Author and activist Gloria Steinem visited her roots this past week.
- Widening I-75 in northwest Ohio reaches halfway point Updated: Nov-21-15 6:11 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - There's a bit of good news for drivers in northwestern Ohio who've been dodging bumps and dips on Interstate 75 during a massive widening project south of Toledo.
- AP 2015 Northwest All-District team Updated: Nov-20-15 5:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northwest All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district:
- Toledo beats Youngstown State 97-79 Updated: Nov-18-15 10:23 pm
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Nathan Boothe scored 26 points and grabbed seven boards as Toledo cruised to a 97-79 win over Youngstown State on Wednesday night.
- Hunt, Toledo rush past Bowling Green 44-28 Updated: Nov-17-15 10:09 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - Kareem Hunt ran for 153 yards and two touchdowns, and Toledo beat Bowling Green 44-28 on Tuesday night for the Rockets' sixth straight victory in the series.
- Toledo outpaces NAIA West Virginia Tech 96-65 in opener Updated: Nov-14-15 5:18 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Jaelan Sanford opened the season with 22 points on crisp shooting as Toledo defeated West Virginia Tech 96-65 on Saturday,
- Toledo, Bowling Green universities' leaders make bet on game Updated: Nov-14-15 4:31 am
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The presidents of the University of Toledo and Bowling Green State University are putting lunch on the line in a wager on their schools' rivalry football game.
- Former Ohio teacher accused of luring boys for sex Updated: Nov-12-15 8:39 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A former Ohio elementary school teacher and school board member is accused of using false identities on Facebook to lure teenage boys for sexual relationships.
- Funeral home owner pleads no contest for decaying bodies Updated: Nov-09-15 4:32 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A funeral home owner pleaded no contest to abuse-of-corpse charges on Monday, five months after 11 bodies intended for cremation, some in a state of decay in a damp garage, were found by authorities.
- Toledo Zoo announces 3 cheetahs now on exhibit to public Updated: Nov-09-15 3:05 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The Toledo Zoo says three male cheetahs are now on exhibit after completing a quarantine period.
- University of Toledo to require more students live on campus Updated: Nov-08-15 1:00 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The University of Toledo is requiring that more students live on campus and reside there longer in hopes of helping students become more involved and bolster the school's retention rates.
- Ohio group seeks to raise money to house homeless veterans Updated: Nov-07-15 11:12 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A group in Ohio that works to find housing for homeless veterans is planning a series of fundraising events in close to 50 cities nationwide on Veterans Day.
- Feds: Man who escaped Ohio prison in '78 caught in Minnesota Updated: Nov-06-15 7:22 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A convicted murderer who escaped from an Ohio prison in 1978 by cutting through cell bars and a fence was captured in Minnesota's capital, where he had a job delivering newspapers, the U.S. Marshals Service said Friday.
- Ohio man pleads not guilty to providing support to al-Qaida Updated: Nov-06-15 10:00 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - One of four men accused of raising money for a known al-Qaida leader has pleaded not guilty in Ohio.
- Museums recall Fitzgerald sinking 40 years ago Updated: Nov-06-15 3:11 am
LANSING, Michigan - Dashed by giant waves in Lake Superior, the 729-foot iron ore carrier Edmund Fitzgerald went down on Nov. 10, 1975.
- Former Ohio Democratic leader won't run for old seat in 2016 Updated: Nov-05-15 3:46 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The former head of Ohio's Democratic Party who stepped down after losing his seat in the Ohio House last year says he won't try to win back the seat in 2016.
- Toledo mayor to finish out term of predecessor who died Updated: Nov-04-15 1:24 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Toledo's current mayor emerged from a crowded election field of seven candidates and will finish the term of her predecessor, who died last February.